Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread)  (Read 6188 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« on: July 03, 2018, 01:06:32 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2018, 01:10:10 PM by Deputy Game Moderator Thumb21 »

Mr. Speaker,

First and foremost, I congratulate the honorable members of this house on their election after a hard-fought campaign.

I'd like to advocate in favour of a vote of confidence in the government which has been formed. I'd like to re-iterate the comments made by the honorable member for Charlottesville in saying that this government is made up of three factions which share a number of goals, including commitment to civil liberties, opposition to monarchy and opposition to centralization - principles which the election results show, the American people resoundingly support. As such, I strongly encourage this house to vote alongside the American people, in confidence of this government.

I'd also like to take some time to address the leader of the Radical faction who, unlike the other deputies, seems to be incapable of moving past election grudges - instead choosing to besmirch the house with a bitter tirade of verbal diarrhea. Let it be known that the accusations made by this member are false in their entirety. The reason our faction refused to make deals with the Radical faction is that we have fundamental disagreements with this faction, particularly relating to the question of slavery. Their centralizing approach to this issue concerns our Southern constituents deeply, who would surely suffer were this approach realized. Our concerns regarding this issue are not redeemed by the Radicals' lack of words in support of the vital pursuit of decentralization. Make no mistake, the Radical faction is a hindrance to the march of progress, despite their attempts to appear to the contrary. The member also refers to the member from Charlottesville as a power-hungry tyrant. This is nothing more than a smear below the member's office. Given the bitterness of Franklin's speech, I am given the impression that it is in fact that member who is power-hungry, bitter at the Republican faction's refusal to allow them in to power.

From the incoherent ramblings of the leader of the Radical faction, I can conclude that this decision, to deny this philandering clown access to power was the correct and responsible choice.

I yield.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:30:18 AM »

Mr Speaker,

I'd like to briefly address the statement by the member for Suffolk and Queens who, unfortunately, appears to have abandoned his past statement calling for this honorable house to move on from the election.

The claim that the Republican faction seems to marginalize and belittle political unequivocally false. I can assure the honourable member that if he feels that way, he needn't. My words were wholeheartedly addressed at the leader of the Radical faction, who was peddling a number of falsehoods regarding the Republican faction, referring to the honourable member for Charlottesville as a tyrant. It was necessary to respond to such shenanigans in equal measure. If the leader of the Hamiltonian faction believes that such smears should be uttered unchallenged within this esteemed house, then I suspect it is him who seeks to marginalize and belittle his opponents.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies