Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread)  (Read 6155 times)
Galaxie

« on: July 17, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »
« edited: July 17, 2018, 03:38:18 PM by Galaxie »

Mr. Speaker,

I come to this hall fresh from a duel that manifested from attempts to paint me as a monarch -- a man who felt himself above the law.

Today, from my very opponents, namely Secretary Madison and his Government, we have seen a monarch-to-be reveal his true face.

If these accusations ring true, Mr. Madison has attempted to grant legal immunity for himself and his government. These, gentlemen, are the first steps to tyranny through putting himself and his cronies into positions above the law.

The greatest irony is that these men of a supposed "small government" are now accused of attempting to rise above it. Of course, it makes sense -- if the government is small, it is easier for them to trample upon.

I implore Mr. Madison to respond to these criticisms immediately, to elucidate the American people as to whether these damning accusations have even a grain of truth to them.

If they do, we must stand against Mr. Madison and the separatists in the West of Pennsylvania. While I support a diplomatic way to statehood, Madison's alleged treason can never be tolerated.

I yield.
Galaxie

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I, along with the Honourable Robert Morris and Honourable Alexander Hamilton present the following bill on behalf of the Hamiltonian Faction:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For the people of the "Westsylvania" region, resolution is needed soon. As conflict within the region rises to a point of crisis, it is clear  that a diplomatic solution is imperative, lest we wish to see war on our frontier. Our faction hopes that this bill will become a point of consensus among the debate over "Westsylvania," a point that allows for local autonomy to be decided by the people, and for a stable government to be formed. We stand open for amendments and compromise, something that is much needed in today's tense climate.
Galaxie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »

National Coinage Act of 1791

Be it resolved,

Mr. Speaker,

The Hamiltonians introduce this Act to create a national Mint and Coinage system for these United States. Our country cannot continue along a path of financial instability and insolvency. Nay, our nation is in need of a standardized currency and a way to produce it to ensure that our commerce is reasonable, prosperous, and secure. To have a strong nation, we must have a strong financial system, and this Act lays the groundwork with which to achieve that.

I yield.
Galaxie

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

It is with great honour that I, Gouverneur Morris, shall take the reigns of the Hamiltonian Faction in the halls of our Congress.

It has been a pleasure to have served under both General Hamilton himself, and the Honourable Charles Pinckney. May our leadership be as strong as their will and their tact.

To the men of my Faction: I stand with you. As long we stand united in this Congress, and across these United States, our Faction shall be a mighty one.

To the leaders and honourable men of our Congress' many other factions, I extend an open hand. I am eager to work alongside you for the good of this Nation, and to fiercely debate any law that shall come before it.

I yield.
Galaxie

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 03:36:30 PM »

The National Bank Act, 1791

Be it resolved,

Gentlemen, creating a National Mint and Coinage is simply the first step to economic security. For this nation to manage its economy at a federal level, truly ease the burden of our war debts, and create a true flow of capital and wealth across our lands, we are in need of a Nation Bank. By creating a currency of bills and notes, allowing for subscription to our shares at a six percent interest rate, and by having both private and public oversight, this bank is truly an instrument needed to guide us towards prosperity. The plan may be ambitious, but a bold plan is needed to truly grapple with our nation's debt woes once and for all.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies