Death Penalty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 13177 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »

Totally against the death penalty. The best solution is to make the person endure a TRUE life sentence of hard prison labor.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 10:03:19 PM »

The death penalty is such a horrid thing. How do you justify murder with murder? Do you murder the man who murdered the murderer? Then the man who killed him? Its a chain of stupidity
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 11:25:55 PM »

I am completely, 100% opposed to the death penalty in any and all cases.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »

I oppose it 100% but if it has to be legal it should be painful and public.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 11:56:41 PM »

I oppose it 100% but if it has to be legal it should be painful and public.

Already been tried, and found wanting. There are accounts detailing how such spectacles brutalized those watching them, and that criminals undergoing public executions were made into heroes, and by so doing actually contributed to an increase in crime rates up until the early 19th century.

No, I would prefer that these executions be kept private and behind closed doors, with only the victim's family watching the perpetrator's death. 

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57:43 PM »

I was kinda refering to PPV raise a little cash for the state.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 12:00:59 AM »

PPV?  You mind explaining the acronym? 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 12:03:16 AM »

Pay per view
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »

Well, being from Texas, I have to naturally come out in favor.

However, I really don't like lethal injection.  I want it to be public, painful and quick (not taking 20-25 years like California does).  Public hangings are a good idea. 

I can also deal with life at hard labor for those against the death penalty (and I mean hard labor).
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »

Totally against the death penalty. The best solution is to make the person endure a TRUE life sentence of hard prison labor.

^^^^

Although I haven't made up my mind for war criminals.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 03:01:18 AM »

I support the death penalty for those convicted of first degree murder, treason, and/or terrorism, and I strongly advocate that it be in the form of either the hangman's noose, the firing squad, or the electric chair.  I agree with many here that lethal injections are a cop-out, and should not be an option for those convicted criminals deciding what manner of death they desire. 

I like the way you think.  What are you doing in red, man?

STOP TRYING TO CONVERT PEOPLE

First J-Mann, now Frodo, its so annoying. And Dazzleman if you're enthusiastically pro-Death then I bet you're glad we got Rell in the State House, she allowed a man to be murdered last May.

I agree with whoever said that executions should be unpleasant and in public. This way, people will see what their government is doing and be so disgusted that they outlaw it like nearly every other country has done. If it is done in private then you're admitting that its wrong and you're trying to hide it from people.

Most Executions in 2004: China, Iran, United States, Saudi Arabia

Which Country doesn't belong in the above group?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2006, 03:17:30 AM »

I support the death penalty for those convicted of first degree murder, treason, and/or terrorism, and I strongly advocate that it be in the form of either the hangman's noose, the firing squad, or the electric chair.  I agree with many here that lethal injections are a cop-out, and should not be an option for those convicted criminals deciding what manner of death they desire. 

First J-Mann, now Frodo, its so annoying. And Dazzleman if you're enthusiastically pro-Death then I bet you're glad we got Rell in the State House, she allowed a man to be murdered last May.

I agree with whoever said that executions should be unpleasant and in public. This way, people will see what their government is doing and be so disgusted that they outlaw it like nearly every other country has done. If it is done in private then you're admitting that its wrong and you're trying to hide it from people.

Most Executions in 2004: China, Iran, United States, Saudi Arabia

Which Country doesn't belong in the above group?

China
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 07:41:41 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2006, 08:04:24 AM by dazzleman »

Stop being such a drama queen, Pym.  I can do whatever I want.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  You don't seem to complain when it's done in the other direction.  Typical.

You're damn right I'm glad Rell is in the governor's seat instead of some bleeding heart criminal sympathizer.  I think it's time we cleaned out death row in the state with a bunch more executions.  Michael Ross murdered something like 14 little girls in a brutal fashion; I have no problem whatsoever dealing with the fact that he was executed by the state.

If Rell had commuted his death sentence to appease the foolish liberals, she would have been no better than a Democrat, and would have lost my vote.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 07:42:50 AM »

If there were more abortions, we wouldn't even need the death penalty....

and why is dazzleman reviving dead threads?

That's truly brilliant logic.  If you were a Republican, you'd be called racist for saying that, but since you're not, I guess it's OK.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »

There's no death penalty in Minnesota, and we're doing just fine.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 04:17:36 PM »

Yes, increase it greatly.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2006, 05:42:10 PM by phknrocket1k »

That's truly brilliant logic.  If you were a Republican, you'd be called racist for saying that, but since you're not, I guess it's OK.

Well Republicans generally would say it for racial-cleansing purposes.  Is profitable for elections.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 05:38:52 PM »

I do not and never will support the death penality.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »

Well Republicans generally would say it for racial-cleansing purposes.  Is profitable for elections.

And what do you think your abortion statement implied?  In fact, there's a lot more racial cleansing through abortion than through capital punishment, by sheer numbers.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »

No need for the slow death as far as I'm concerned. The person being executed is supposed to be the monster, and we need not become one. The reason for the death penalty is to ensure that the person never harms anyone again, so there's no reason to make it torture - and if you're God fearing then there's even less of a reason, as you can let God decide what the punishment will be.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 09:51:24 AM »

I am pro-death penalty.  If the crime is gruesome enough, and there is irrefutable evidence that the person did the crime, then he should be put to death, and not left to languish off of the system for 30+ years.

Otherwise, give me an island to dump all these guys on, and let them live or fight it out for the rest of their lives.  (Of course, we can also put them into a special military unit too, and put them on the front line.)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 05:33:46 PM »

Yes, I support the death penalty. I support it in cases of murder, rape, and treason. I think it should be done by lethal injection, except child rapists. They should be tossed in the lion pit at the zoo. But I also think the option of a plea bargain should be avaliable, if the prosecuter needs some information from the criminal.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 05:38:33 PM »

Yes, I support the death penalty. I support it in cases of murder, rape, and treason. I think it should be done by lethal injection, except child rapists. They should be tossed in the lion pit at the zoo. But I also think the option of a plea bargain should be avaliable, if the prosecuter needs some information from the criminal.

All cases of rape?

Deplorable as it is, does it necessitate the taking of life?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 06:37:11 PM »

All cases of rape?

Yeah I think so. I can't stand those people.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »

All cases of rape?

Yeah I think so. I can't stand those people.

But what if some of them are innocent and have fallen victim to manipulation or blatant lies by their accuser. It has happened before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies