Death Penalty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:05:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 13178 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »

Yes, I support the death penalty. I support it in cases of murder, rape, and treason. I think it should be done by lethal injection, except child rapists. They should be tossed in the lion pit at the zoo. But I also think the option of a plea bargain should be avaliable, if the prosecuter needs some information from the criminal.

All cases of rape?

Deplorable as it is, does it necessitate the taking of life?

Yeah I think so. I can't stand those people.

But what if some of them are innocent and have fallen victim to manipulation or blatant lies by their accuser. It has happened before.

Well, me being the ever police friendly guy I am, Tongue I believe that police interrogation techniques are improving all the time. Not the forensic CSI stuff, but with the detectives. You know, being trained to spot when someone is lying, and things of that nature.

Ah, I forgot to mention it earlier. Since the death penalty does involve people's lives, I think the burden of proof in such cases should be very high. Without a shadow of a doubt, and that stuff. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2006, 08:13:03 PM »

Ah, I forgot to mention it earlier. Since the death penalty does involve people's lives, I think the burden of proof in such cases should be very high. Without a shadow of a doubt, and that stuff. Smiley

Fair enough explanation Smiley While I don't support the daeth penalty if a guy admits to killing 50 people on a spree, along with other evidence he is  pretty damned guilty without a doubt.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »

I personally am opposed to the death penalty in most cases. However, I feel it should be an option for the most heinous crimes. If nothing else, it gives prosecutors some bargaining power and leverage.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies