Office of Razze, 68th vice president of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Razze, 68th vice president of Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Razze, 68th vice president of Atlasia  (Read 8930 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2023, 09:29:20 AM by P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong »

Office of Razze
(Peace Party–Florida)
2990 S Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133

Vice President of Atlasia
March 2023 – present

Member of the House of Representatives
July 2018 – July 2021

Speaker of the House
April 2019 – May 2019

Chair of the Peace Party (Acting)
January 2020 – April 2020

Vice Chair of the Peace Party
September 2018 – April 2020

Deputy Speaker of the House
March 2019 – April 2019, May 2019 – July 2019

National Archivist of Atlasia
March 2019 – June 2019

Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
June 2018 – July 2018

Southern Delegate
January 2018 – July 2018

Welcome to my "office." I am opening this so that I can have a single thread where I post about the news of the day and keep track of things. Now that I'm a member of the House, I need to be able to advocate publicly for the positions I support in order to properly represent the People. This thread will be an efficient place to do so. I'll keep track of my experience, as you can see in the space above, and comment on the news and controversies of the day from here.

Thanks for your attention!

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:14:50 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2018, 04:58:10 PM by Razze »

Thank you, Atlasia!

Rep.-elect Razze watching election results at the Peace National Convention in Madison, Wisconsin.

This was overdue.

Some days ago, voters went to the polls to elect a new government. I believe that we ought to acknowledge and celebrate this fact, since democracy and liberty are concepts that are often taken for granted in our country. History has shown us that free societies are fickle things, and it takes all the citizenry to maintain this process. Without the participation of citizens in the political process, our nation would literally cease to exist, so I first want to thank every single voter who cast a ballot for helping to protect the Republic.

To the voters who preference'd me on their ballots, thank you. Every vote and raking counts. Congratulations to my comrades of the Peace Party, Peebs and OneJ, on their elections to the House, as well as our colleagues in the Progressive Union and Federalist parties. For the first time in months, the Left controls the House of Representatives, and this is a reason to celebrate. Now, we can pass progressive, ecologist, and humanitarian legislation that shows our priorities lie with the People's interests. I sincerely hope that this new Congress lives up to your expectations.

While the presidential election did not turn out the way I wanted, I also want to thank Lumine and Siren on their service to this country. They presented Atlasia with a vision of a steady-headed and loving (respectively) government, and I hope it inspires future Atlasian leaders to campaign and govern in the same mold. Congratulations to North Carolina Yankee and dfwlibertylover on your victories, and thank you for your graciousness in victory and for proposing commonsense, diplomatic legislation to kick off the new Congress. I look forward to the legislature being a check on the powers of the executive.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2018, 11:45:02 PM by Razze »

Statement on Southern gubernatorial election

I have just posted in the Candidate Declaration thread that I am running for governor of the South in this weekend's special election. Besides me, there is only one other candidate running, and I believe that voters should always have a choice when it comes to a democratically elected office. I recognize that tmthforu has much support already, and I'm confident that he will be a fine governor, but I'm putting my name on the ballot to make sure that the South can make a real decision.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

Endorsements

Former President Adam Griffin
Former President LumineVonReuental
Representative Weatherboy1102
Representative OneJ_
Frémont MP AScott
Frémont MP Galaxie

Galaxie

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »

Thank you for keeping democracy alive, fellow Peacenik!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:56 PM »

Endorsed!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »

Sorry tmth, but I'm endorsing razze, although you'd both be great.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »

WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »

Welcome to the race! Smiley

WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
I'm surprised, I was really expecting your endorsement. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »

Welcome to the race! Smiley

WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
I'm surprised, I was really expecting your endorsement. Tongue

I would move to the South and vote for you if you appointed me to SCOA, but alas!

WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
WE WANT RAZZE
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »

Endorsed, Razze, and best of luck!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2018, 01:19:46 PM by Razze »

Thanks! Hope it's a good and substantive competition. Smiley

Sorry tmth, but I'm endorsing razze, although you'd both be great.

Endorsed, Razze, and best of luck!

Thanks to all of you! Means a lot.

Priorities: the environment

Hello to all my fellow Southerners!

It's a beautiful, if oppressively moist, summer day down here in Miami, and it's inspired me to talk about the environment.

A quick, sweaty stroll from my local office to the sea wall this morning offered a gorgeous vista of Biscayne Bay, the moored sailboats, and Key Biscayne in the distance:

Upon closer inspection, however, it became obvious that pollution and environmental irresponsibility have crippled the shores of this beautiful place, just as it has in coastal communities across the Southern region:

Post-Independence Day trash on the shores of Biscayne Bay

If elected governor, my first priority will be protection of the environment and protection of all the people whose lives and livelihoods depend on the maintenance the environment. From Virginia to Louisiana, and from North Carolina to Texas, average people are being victimized by de-regulated companies and absentee government institutions. If I am so lucky as to be elected governor, we will stop those problems together by passing ecologist legislation that will deal with our problems. ¡Unidos podemos!

Thank you,
Representative Razze

Galaxie

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »

Fight the power dude! Love the ecology platform.

Endorsed, if that wasn't clear already Tongue
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »

Endorsed!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2018, 04:37:09 PM by Razze »

Statement on Postal Reform Bill

Today, 11 thousand postal workers descended on our capital to make their voices heard and affect their government's political process. First of all, we appreciate the fact that so many people are engaging in political speech on such an important issue. Postal workers are often overlooked, or treated as a force of nature that doesn't require much maintenance. The reality is that postal workers are some of the most hard-working, dedicated public servants in the Atlasian Republic.

Let me begin by saying that I support many aspects of this bill. Permitting formerly prohibited materials like contraceptives and marijuana to be shipped by the postal service will make life easier for many Atlasians. The commemorative stamp proposal is also welcomed, since it is wholly (1.) neat and (2.) cute.

However, while my colleagues in the House of Representatives squabbled about personal issues while debating this bill, a line stood out to me from the proposed legislation:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I oppose these aspects of the bill, and thus will be voting against it if they are not removed. While I have nothing against my friends on the other side of the aisle, I must call out this bill for what it is: anti-union and anti-worker, to paraphrase a protester in Nyman this morning.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »

Remember to vote!
(Click there)
Razze for Governor

To my fellow Southerners: thank you!

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 04:40:52 PM »

Terrible news!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »

Don't fret, good citizen. There will be more campaigns!
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 05:07:04 PM »

You ran a good campaign, and I’m glad it was a clean and civil one, we need more of those. I share some of your peace party sympathies, but I can tell you’ll have a promising career in Atlasia.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »

Remember to vote!
Razze announces Razze for Governor 2
(feat. HCP for Chamber)

My fellow Southerners: We have a full election this weekend! Please make your voice heard! I hope you'll choose to write me in for governor, to make sure the Federalists know that the Left is a force to be reckoned with in the South. I would also hope you write-in my friend HCP (Pax-DC), who has my full endorsement. I know he will be an effective voice for our interests if he's lucky enough to be elected to the Chamber.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 11:39:14 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2018, 11:14:14 AM by Razze »

Vote YES on the War Powers Amendment!

Representative Razze partaking in debate prior to the approval of the War Powers Amendment in the House of Representatives.

My fellow Southerners,

This weekend, the polls are open for us to vote on a proposed amendment to the Atlasian Constitution. This amendment would give the Congress more oversight when it comes to war and the foreign projection of our nation's power.

A few months ago, former President Goldwater recklessly launched an attack on North Korea, sending the Korean peninsula into a war that remains without an end. This war was pointless, unnecessary, and led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. It also shined a bright light on the problems enshrined in our own founding document. Adding Article 9 to the Constitution will make sure that a disaster like the Second Korean War can't happen again by giving Congress more authority over the business of war.

You can vote here between today and Sunday night (Monday morning) at 1 AM Eastern.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »

Election Weekend in Atlasia!
Don't forget to vote for progressive candidates across the board

Representative Razze (center) at the Third Peace Party National Convention in Virginia City, Frémont.

My fellow Atlasians, it's time to vote! And this time, it's a big one.

As Vice Chair of the Peace Party, I want to make sure that voters are aware of our party's candidates for federal and regional office across the country (including myself!). In addition to our great candidates, we have elected to endorse some other wonderful left-wing candidates (plus two moderates who we liked) who want to make our country a better place for all its citizens and residents.

For President and Vice President

Representative weatherboy1102 of South Carolina (Labor Party)
Senator MB of Vermont (Labor Party)

For Senate

Senator canis of California (Labor Party, inc.)
Lieutenant Governor Zaybay of Massachusetts (Labor Party)

For House of Representatives

Representative Razze of Florida (Peace Party, inc.)
Former President Adam Griffin of Connecticut (Labor Party)
Lincoln AM JGibson of Illinois (Progressive Union Party)
Maineiac4434 of Maine (Labor Party)
Representative Jimmy7812 of Pennsylvania (Labor Party)

For Governor of the South

Governor tmthforu94 of Kansas (Federalist Party, inc.)

For Southern Chamber of Delegates

Delegate AdamFilinovich of Florida (Labor Party, inc.)
Speaker TimTurner of Texas (Labor Party, inc.)
Former Delegate PragmaticPopulist of Maryland (Labor Party)

For First Minister of Frémont

First Minister YE of Nevada (Peace Party, inc.)

For Frémont Parliament

ON Progressive of Montana (Labor Party)
Devout Centrist of Arizona (Labor Party)

For Governor of Lincoln

Governor ReaganClinton20XX of Connecticut (No party, inc.)

For Lincoln Assembly

Dipper Josh of New York (Labor Party)
Misteeer of New York (Labor Party)

Vote here for federal elections,
vote here for Southern elections,
vote here for Frémont elections,
and vote here for Lincoln elections.

Above all, everyone should remember to vote, no matter your party ID. It is literally the only thing that keeps our online democracy alive.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »

A New Era in Atlasia!

Representative razze (2nd from left) with President-elect weatherboy1102 during election weekend.

We did it!

The October 2018 election appears to have been one of the most historic elections in Atlasia's long and glorious history. First of all, I must thank the voters for giving me another term in the House of Representatives. Hopefully I keep up whatever it was that made you people like me!

The second thing I need to point out is the clean sweep of every single Peace Party-endorsed candidate in the election (you can see all these candidates in my previous post in this thread). Our brave little community is truly a force to be reckoned with, and every Peace Party member/voter should feel proud of our accomplishments! Thank you to our party chair, YE, for your leadership (and congratulations on re-election).

Third: the history-making nature of this election can't be understated. It has been literal, real-life years since a liberal progressive was elected to a full term as President of our Republic. Through President-elect Weatherboy1102 and Vice President-elect MB298, the voters of this country have made the impossible, possible. Our brethren in the Labor Party have maintained control over the Senate, and the House of Representatives flipped back to a left-wing Labor/Peace majority. But all politics are local! Which is why it came as such a shock to many observers that the Southern Chamber of Delegates flipped to a 3–2 Labor majority. Congratulations to my Southern colleagues AdamFilinovich, PragmaticPopulist, and TimTurner on your victories, and I'm excited to see how you will work with Governor Tmth (congrats!) to achieve great things for our region.

We have an exciting few months ahead of us, and your new, left-wing government will be passing good, progressive legislation that will help make Atlasia a better place for all her players and NPC's! Smiley

Thank you,
Representative Razze

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 04:52:32 PM »

Congrats on your victory!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »

Statement on New Legislation

My fellow Atlasians:

I wouldn't be the first person on this board to suggest that there isn't a large amount of political participation among the larger mass of Atlasian citizens. Now I'm not one of those "cataclysmic–game-ending–activity–crisis" folks, but I'm also aware that more debate is always a good thing. Therefore I'll take some time to lay out some of the recent legislation action during this Congress.

It may seem like a long long time ago, but in October, Atlasia's federal government flipped to Labor/Peace-majority (Wink) government for the first time in two real-life years. We haven't wasted that time! Here's a list of some of the bills we've passed:

In the House, we passed the Activity Standards Amendment, which was sponsored by Rep. LouisvilleThunder (Fed.), passed unanimously, and looks like it's going to be approved by the Senate, too. That should deal with many of the concrete causes of our activity woes.

My colleagues in the House have also passed the Making it Easier for H1B Visa Holders to Become Permanent Residents and Consistency in Immigration Status Acts, immigrant-friendly legislation which I was very proud to support. The first act, which is pretty self-explanatory, was sponsored by Rep. Old School Republican (Fed.) and passed 7–1 with bipartisan support. The second bill, rooted in immigrant justice, was sponsored by Rep. MAINEiac4434 (Lab.), and was supported by every Labor/Peace Rep. as well as Rep. Vern1988 (Fed.). Thank you to Vern for crossing party lines to support such bold legislation!

Finally, there's the big kahuna. The Atlasian Single-Payer Healthcare Act was introduced this afternoon by Speaker Jimmy7812 (Lab.), and it already has about a page of discussion! I hope non-politician Atlasians participate in the discussion of this bill, since the debate will be important (at best, and fun at worst Cheesy).

These are just a couple examples of legislation we have introduced and passed, the rest of which you can see here, in the Noticeboard.

Special thanks to Reps. MAINEiac, OSR, LT, and Jimmy for sponsoring legislation during this term.

Thank you,
Representative Razze

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »

VOTE!

It's election time! As you can see in the post above, the Labor/Peace coalition has been running smoothly this term. I hope we have earned another term in the majority from the voters! Please vote for Razze, Jimmy, JGibson, Devout Centrist, and HenryWallaceVP here:

Thank you,
Representative Razze

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies