WB/Pyro for Atlasia June 2023: Sunny Skies Ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:55:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WB/Pyro for Atlasia June 2023: Sunny Skies Ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WB/Pyro for Atlasia June 2023: Sunny Skies Ahead  (Read 969 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2023, 03:42:32 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2023, 05:09:32 PM by GM Team Member WB »

Good afternoon Atlasia!

As you all know, the past month has seen some of the most turbulent activity in Atlasia. A civil war was narrowly avoided thanks to the swift action of our courts in Yankee v. The South as well as the actions of my partners in the GM Team. But there is still much work that needs to be done to help Atlasia recover domestically and internationally from this crisis.

That's why I'm running for President. To take us out of this mess and back to reason. I'm grateful to have my colleague Pyro as my running mate, one of my closest partners in Atlasia over the past few years. We are uniquely equipped to deal with the cleanup of this near-disaster, and the issues that led up to it.

Some of you with memories of my previous presidency may wonder why in the world I should be in that position again. I simply say this: my experience in my first term was far too little. I was overzealous, overconfident, and in far over my head. This time, I am certain I have the actual time to be president in the upcoming term. I have the experience over the past years to know how to deal with situations, and my record of activity has been far better recently, as any in the LGC can attest to with several bills of mine being passed, including one that now has been passed in a similar form in Fremont.

I will give my input on bills in the Senate similar to how Governor Oleg has in the LGC. I will not repeat the mistakes of my first presidency. I will help guide Atlasia out of these dark times and back into the light of knowledge, reason, and stability.

I hope I will be able to earn your support.

Endorsements
Sen. Sirius [DA-NJ]
Sen. Utah Neolib [DA-WI]

Sen. Adam Griffin [LAB-MI]
Sen. Nerd73 [LAB-WI]

Fmr. Gov. tmth [FED-KS]
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 03:47:17 PM »

I know that you have come a long way from your previous presidency, and your recent works as a legislator and game moderator have been excellent. I'm proud to endorse this ticket!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »

I presume, should you win, you'll step down as a member of the GM Team? (Not that I'm suggesting that you appoint me. While I am interested, I really don't want to deal with YT's shenanigans going forward. I'd instead recommend reappointing Lumine if he's interested, should you win).
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 04:42:34 PM »

I presume, should you win, you'll step down as a member of the GM Team? (Not that I'm suggesting that you appoint me. While I am interested, I really don't want to deal with YT's shenanigans going forward. I'd instead recommend reappointing Lumine if he's interested, should you win).
Yes, I would step down prior to becoming president and between the election and the inauguration I would look for a replacement. Lumine is definitely the first person to come to mind should he want it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 07:04:05 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 07:20:27 PM »

COMPLETE AND TOTAL ENDORSEMENT!
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 08:46:47 PM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 09:21:42 PM »

Endorsed! And I’m confident this time I won’t have to run the next election and clean things up. Tongue You will do a great job!!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 02:09:08 PM »

Memphis, Tennessee
June 7th, 2023

Source: Wiki Commons: Memphis Pyramid

My Fellow Atlasians,

I am thrilled to be here at one of Atlasia's finest monuments to help launch a campaign for the ages. It is an honor and a joy to share a presidential ticket with my good friend, Weatherboy. He has served the people of Atlasia for a great many years, most recently in the Senate and the Lincoln General Court. WB has fought for working families, democratic values, and sensible policies, and I am confident he will do fantastic work as our next president.

As we look forward, we must seek out leadership experienced and capable to resolve this crisis once and for all. The Tack Administration, the Supreme Court, and the Senate have fulfilled their civic duties in safeguarding our country, and the Constitution, from those forces which seek its destruction. Now it is time to meet the new day refreshed and ready to begin a mutual reconstruction process on the road to recovery. We will work to rejuvenate the game to the best of our ability, rid ourselves of negativity, and ensure the long-standing endurance of Atlasia.

The forecast calls for sunny skies ahead. Time to break out the sunglasses!

Vote WB/Pyro this June! 🐾
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 01:17:54 PM »

How would you have voted on rail nationalization and steel nationalization if you were in the Senate now?

Also, what are your goals in terms of repealing legislation passed which was written by Mr. R?

Thanks.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 10:14:08 PM »

How would you have voted on rail nationalization and steel nationalization if you were in the Senate now?

Also, what are your goals in terms of repealing legislation passed which was written by Mr. R?

Thanks.
Looking at the debate for each, I would likely vote for rail nationalization and against full steel nationalization, though a more limited bill for steel could be more reasonable.

As far as repealing R's legislation, I think there are certainly some bills that need to be at the very least modified. This is clear from my own DRRA22: REACTIONARY bill. But I would not be too overreaching with it, there are some good bills in there that he's made. It would need to be a case-by-case basis, and I would be skeptical of mass repeals unless there is good debate on it.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 12:51:55 PM »

Thanks.
Looking at the debate for each, I would likely vote for rail nationalization and against full steel nationalization, though a more limited bill for steel could be more reasonable.

As far as repealing R's legislation, I think there are certainly some bills that need to be at the very least modified. This is clear from my own DRRA22: REACTIONARY bill. But I would not be too overreaching with it, there are some good bills in there that he's made. It would need to be a case-by-case basis, and I would be skeptical of mass repeals unless there is good debate on it.

Thank you for the answer.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2023, 06:47:57 AM »

Hello,

Do you believe anyone should be added to the Domestic Tranquility Amendment such as OBD, Truman, WD, or reagente? Are you satisfied with the length of the Amendment's ban?

Thank you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2023, 02:44:56 AM »

Remarks to the Labor Convention
Butte, MT

Thank you to the convention!

As a former member of Labor, I am glad to have the party's support for this election. Pyro and I are ready to get to the rough work of getting Atlasia back on track after this era of instability. And as you know, I have fought against conservative overreach and for many progressive policies in my time as Senator and Councilman. I believe we can build a better Atlasia with better activity and competition than we've seen the past months. Sunny skies are ahead, let us not delay!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2023, 06:55:20 AM »

Hello,

Do you believe anyone should be added to the Domestic Tranquility Amendment such as OBD, Truman, WD, or reagente? Are you satisfied with the length of the Amendment's ban?

Thank you.

I would greatly appreciate a response. It doesn't have to be more than a few words. FTR, I have not asked the same of Spiral only because I know his stance already based on his Senate votes.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2023, 12:08:56 PM »

Hello,

Thank you.

I would greatly appreciate a response. It doesn't have to be more than a few words. FTR, I have not asked the same of Spiral only because I know his stance already based on his Senate votes.

I think the DTA should be reserved for the worst of worst culprits, and I think that this should be a last ditch thing to remove people who are dangerously detrimental to the game. I don't think we should consider expanding the list further without exhausting our other options first. For that reason I hope we can delay the amendment until after YT's trial to hopefully not have to resort to this. Even with the high bar for adding names, I worry about potential abuse of it. That's my personal opinion.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 05:09:04 PM »

Mobile, AL

Good evening Mobile!

You know, the storms outside remind me quite a bit of the state of Atlasia a scant few weeks ago: Turbulent, uncertain, and seemingly ready to let out a downpour of epic proportions at a moment's notice.

But we know the worst is behind us. We have ridden out the worst, and although the rain may still fall on us, we know that Sunny Skies are Ahead. And that's why we've chosen that for the campaign's slogan, and our logo!

A simple motif, a sunrise on a blue background, is a good symbol of the campaign and administration we wish to run. Bringing Atlasia back into the light, with a little of our own flair along with it, hence the teal. I think it's a great logo, and I'm sure you will too. And I have to thank Pyro immensely for this, as he was the one who made it. I know he and I will be a great team in the White House.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 09:44:41 PM »

Pittsburgh, PA

Hello Pittsburgh, and happy Furry Day to all the people of Lincoln who may now celebrate it!

Today, I want to talk about what a WB/Pyro admin would do to help keep our nation an inclusive place for all. We've been seeing some very distressing things out of Nyman and the South the past few months, with direct or indirect attacks on the furry fandom, the LGBT+ community, and others becoming all too common.

We will put an end to this in office. I was one of the biggest fighters against the reactionary culture war bills in the Senate. I will ensure this time that they will not pass. As for the south, we will use all reasonable, peaceful measures available to make sure that it does not discriminate against these groups.

We will stop the overreach into people's lives and make sure that no one feels like they don't belong, or that their government is targeting them.

With that, I'd like to introduce a secondary logo to you all, one that, while showing off our backgrounds, and our commitment to ideals aligning with those backgrounds, also demonstrates Pyro and I's willingness to still have some fun with the game, as we all should.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 11:22:17 PM »

The election is upon us, everyone! Let's win this, for a bright future and Sunny Skies Ahead!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2023, 10:20:08 PM »

It's clear now that the numbers simply aren't there for us. Unfortunately it looks like we will not make it into the final round, something which I had hoped for this election. Still, I want to thank our numerous supporters from many parties for their votes this weekend. Though we did not do as well as expected, we still have gotten the best performance any AFP ticket has ever gotten by a good margin, and both myself and Pyro have been projected to return to the LGC. Lincoln looks like it will vote for the ticket, and I believe that is a sign of good things to come in the region.

It does appear that the spectre of secession in the south remains, and I hope that President-elect Spiral proves to be the right person in the White House to deal with it.

Pyro and I will not be going anywhere. As the AFP anthem goes, "We won't fall into eternity, to be gone without a trace".

Let us make sure the movement won't either.

-WB
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2023, 02:39:36 AM »

It's no wonder you lost. When people reached out to me and I pointed out you voted for LT, there was no pitch, no nothing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies