Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:51:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)  (Read 22898 times)
adamevans
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 08:07:37 PM »
« edited: July 16, 2018, 07:24:52 PM by Eighties »

Kyrsten Sinema's 1st Campaign Ad
"Introduction"
Aired in Nevada, Arizona, New Hampshire, Florida, and Iowa

You must be logged in to read this quote.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »

WSJ Republican Debate
Boalder, CO December 5th

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2018, 05:45:08 PM by Mycool »

Kirsten Gillibrand Rolls Out Endorsements

In November, Governor Janet Mills and former Secretary of HUD, Julian Castro,  announced their support of Kirsten Gillibrand for President, using the month of December to campaign for her across Maine and Texas respectfully. (Forgot to post this endorsement)

In December, Gillibrand met with former candidate Kamala Harris, and procured her endorsement. Harris joined Gillibrand for a joint rally in California, and spent the month of December campaigning in California and Nevada.

Alongside Harris, Gillibrand met with California’s Senior Senator, Dianne Feinstein. Feinstein endorsed Gillibrand at a rally in California and spent the month campaigning in California and Nevada on her behalf, mostly focusing on the need for women in leadership roles.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad, “Defender,” in Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

“Since January 20, 2017, America has been lead by a divider. We’ve seen attacks on women, immigrants, minorities, and LGBTQ individuals.”

“We’ve had harmful tariffs, trade wars, and instability, but no solutions for every day Americans.”

“We need a leader, a change that our working class can feel.

Kirsten Gillibrand has spent her career in public service fighting for everyday people. She’s pushed for paid leave, lead the public fight against Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, and been a champion for economic equality.”

“It’s time for leadership, progress, and fresh ideas. I’m Kirsten Gillibrand and I will work tirelessly to defend your rights and even out the economic playing field. It’s time to move past the pettiness of politics, and move towards solutions.”
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »

NBC Democratic Debate
Gary, IN December 22nd

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »

DELANEY DEBATE ANSWERS

Question 1:
“Thank you for that question, and also thank you for allowing me to be here in front of all of you. Four years ago, we didn’t nominate the right candidate. She wasn’t looking to the future, she was focused on winning. I think with our message of looking to the future and being the most approachable candidate, as stated by Washington Post, I think we can all agree that I will be able to unite the party and win the election. That’s what we need, for this party to be united!”

Question 2:
“Another great question! During my first 100 days, we will make tremendous progress. I will pass immigration reform, stricter gun laws to prevent shootings, and many more things to move this country towards the future. We will repeal the act that says our Transgendered citizens cannot serve in the military. We will do our best to stop violence in our streets. We will truly be looking to the future!”

Question 3:
“Thank you for this question. No. He has not. He was successful at one thing: tearing this country that we love so much apart. President Trump has been terrible. Gotten us into trade wars, tension with other countries that must be fixed.”

Question 4:
“Let me say this: I love our soldiers. I respect them so much. But I believe we are done in Afghanistan. We did all the work we can do, and I believe it’s stabilized.”

Personal Question:
“Great question. We are already making strides with our campaign. I believe that your vision for the future of this great Nation is more important than experience. We have a great message and I believe that with our vision, we can win. Thank you!”

Closing statements:
“America. You have heard my pitch to you! I hope you will look at my campaign and realize my vision for America isn’t about winning, it’s about the future and making progress. Thank you, God bless you all, and God Bless America!”
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »

Opening State:

240 Years ago this nation was founded on the basis of the defense of ones self with a firearm they could posses, the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but these rights have been infringed upon over many years by Democrat and Republican alike. Over the past 12 years we havent changed much from Democratic to Republican we have gone and I noticed something under President Trump the deficit has shut up to nearly 1 trillion dollars. That sounds like the kind of deficit we should have under a Democratic President, but no it is under a Republican President. I pledge when I am elected President for every 1 dollar I cut taxes we will cut spending by 2 because we need a new Fiscally Sound America.

We cant settle for a President who just cuts taxes that will donate to his campaign I want tax breaks around the board, for someone working at burger king to a Crane Operator in Minnesota and for a Airline Pilot in Miami. We need tax breaks for those who drive our economy those who are the one's that have built the American dream and those who have suffered the most under the irresponsible fiscal policies under President Obama and President Trump.

My success story in Ohio wasn't easy, but I worked with Democrats and Republicans in the Senate and Legislature to not cut back too much on crucial programs that helped those most in need in Ohio. While doing this I didn't raise taxes I focused primarily on eliminating corruption, waste, and fraud that had run rampant under Governor Strickland. I will do the same in the White House I will lower taxes and cut spending, but I wont like President Trump has proposed gut our military so we are weak at home and overseas. We need a strong National Defense and a Strong Economy and as you have seen I did in Ohio I can make that work in Washington.

For 8 years I was Governor of Ohio, and I believe I did a pretty Damn good job. I aint like Deceitful Donny here making up lies about our allies and refusing to exonerate himself, I'll give it to ya it's a witchhunt, but what are some questions going to hurt? I would go in there and be honest with Bob Mueller and prove that you have nothing to hide, not just to help you in this Primary, but to prove to the American people we don't have a liar in the White House and that the integrity of the Office Washington and Lincoln held is still alive today. We need to secure a future for our Children and hurting American Farmers is not the way you're doing it by getting us in a fight with China and putting our troops at risk by not getting them the equipment they need by cutting funding to the Military.

Well, I will if President Trump promises not to run a 3rd party race against me, I feel like and many people feel that I am the better candidate to clean up the corruption in Washington like I did with Ohio, President Trump said he would drain the swamp, but if we look at America today it's even more entrenched in the Swamp. I will keep some of Trump's cabinet around like Secretary Pompeo and others, but I will promise not to run as a Third Party nominee if President Trump shares the opinion of not running as a 3rd Party if I win the nomination.

I believe in a United Republican Party, not just united in our message, but united in making America like it was when there were few impoverished people and less to worry about then we have now with the President going on a twitter rampage and angering our closest allies. As President I will reinforce our alliances with Canada's Prime Minster Trudeau and members of the European Union like Chancellor Merkel and President Macron.

The Republican Party will be unified in our support of lower taxes and social conservatism, but we are open to new ideas on issues pertaining to Immigration and what we should cut to save money so we arent in this disaster of a deficit President Trump has sent us into, but we will not have a weak national defense like President has done, I will protect Social Security and Medicare and I will fight for a stronger national defense I should be the Republican nominee and I believe I will be the Republican Nominee when we enter those Ballot boxes in February March April May and June.

I don't think it should be a question of if I win the nomination it should be a question of when I do, I want to unite the Party with President Trump I have thought about my process of uniting our party, but the first thing I would like to do is not to go negative with President Trump or with any of our possible Democratic Opponents this fall. I would like to run a campaign on the Issues that matter to the American People, those issues include the price of food and the price of housing in our nation.

I am a President for the people and by the people I believe that I am the best choice for the people of the United States because I am the only one that can relate I wasnt born into wealth Im a Czech Croatian mix and I grew in Ohio the heartland of America, President Trump has tried to make America what he thinks will make it great but that clearly won't work because it has he has had 4 years to "Make America Great Again." and he hasnt I pledge to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and to fix the system so it doesn't work for those who have been born into money and influence, but so those who come here as immigrants can build and shape their dream into reality a reality can be a dream and a dream can become a reality for those who want it. I had a dream of being President and I want that dream to become a reality because I want it.

Closing Statement: I would like to thank everyone who has come out tonight to watch the debate and all of those who are watching it at home on TV. I would also like to thank the Wall Street Journal for hosting this debate and I would like to promise the American people a few simple things, If I ever lie to you don't vote for me, If I ever raise your taxes don't vote for me, and If I ever do something unbefitting of the Office that once was home to Abraham Lincoln, and Ronald Reagan, then don't vote for me. I thank you for your time and God bless.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »

Derek Jeter Debate answers Part 1

1.At dividing the country and making it a total laughing stock then yes President Trump has been successful. *He quietly laughs*

This man has been a mess from day 1. We can put the whole Russia thing aside and see that this man is not qualified or has the mental capacity to be President Of the United States What so ever.  And thankfully we had a big progressive wave in 2018 that was just one big rejection of Trump and his agenda.   What’s what this guy’s big message? Oh yeah build the wall and make Mexico pay for it. Yeah about that it so far hasn’t happened and I don’t think it will ever happen!! He was lied many times about many things and has lied about making promises.  He lied about draining the swamp as a matter of fact it’s gotten bigger, Lied about contacts with Russia,Lied about putting America first on the economy. He’s lied about LGBT rights and worse of all he has lied to the American people which I think is the biggest sin of all.

President Trump has put himself over the Amercian People and as President I will make sure What is right for the American people because I know and I accept the fact that I am not the only one who I am fighting for and working for.  I am mainly working for the American people!!

2.Yes it has been long over as a matter of fact I was in my 6th MLB season when the war in Afghanistan started and I am here now retired and running for President and we still are in this conflict in Afghanistan.

This war should of ended when Bin Laden was taken care out and when we finally had taken out most of the high ranking Al-Qaeda and Taliban members not in 2019 when we have bigger threats in the area of the Middle East. Think about all that money that is spend continuing these wars and how we could of spent it on like Space exploration ,Protecting our environment, Improve our infrastructure, Fixing our healthcare and help promote clear solar energy but no the GOP senate and this President want to keep pumping that money into stuff into endless wars like these.

3.Well I hope to get my progressive agenda and plans passed at least most of them though congress through my 1st 100 days.  I talked about my plan to legalize marijuana nationwide, my Medicare for all plan. My Universal Background check plan, My plan to help the solar industry, My plan to make the rich pay their fair share of taxes while giving the working class,Small businesses and middle class the big tax relief they deserve,  My plan to reform campaign finance and make sure that PACs no matter left or right don’t donate more than at least 1,000$s to a campaign.

Make college affordable to every single person and  make sure to built and fix our broken infrastructure.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2018, 01:46:14 PM »

Michelle Obama-Debate answers

1. Unless President Trump is indicted before the election, I don't think we're going to win places like Ohio or Iowa. We need to focus on winning new territory to replace the states in the old "blue wall" like Florida, Arizona, North Carolina and Georgia, and I believe I am the best candidate to do that.

2. My first hundred days will be dedicated to reversing the spiteful behavior President Trump displayed towards my husband's administration. I will also move to shut ICE down, and reduce Border Patrol's role to deporting those who are already in the country who commit crimes. There is no immigrant who should be turned away at the gates of our country.

3. Given President Trump is committing Trump every day he is in office, no he is not a successful President. He is the worst President we've had since James Buchanan, and if he wins, we might be headed towards another civil war.

4. I think at this point, it's rather clear Afghanistan simply cannot be stabilized. We've fallen into the same trap the Soviet Union fell into in the 1980's, and it's costing us more and more troops every day. As such I would pull all U.S forces out of Afghanistan within one hundred eighty days.

5. Being a former First Lady, I like to think I have at least some political knowledge and skill, which is more than I can say for Mr. Jeter, at the minimum.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 03:00:28 PM »

Jeter debate answers part 2

1.Well I want to say just because I have a millionaire like and have plenty of cash doesn’t mean I am like Donald Trump not at all.  I give my money to charity all the time, I help out and donate to poverty ridden children and help them have better lives.  I don’t like Trump try to buy elections with it and scam people out of houses and businesses  like what he did to people I am really close to.

I am qualified because I am something new for the Democratic Party. I am pretty much the anti Hillary Clinton 2016 candidacy which was flawed as much as Trump’s campaign was. Even though I voted for Ms Clinton it was more of a stop Trump vote rather than me being a big supporter of her.  But I am a Democrat however this party is not perfect and we need a leader like me who can stand up to Trump, When I was a baseball player I helped out with the Yankees organization and in some cases the MLBPA and was considered a leader on and off the field.

My goal is to bring and maintain a progressive stance to the Democratic Party like in the days of FDR and JFK and move away from the days of the New Democrats and centrists that have given our party a bad wrap.   

2.One of my goals is too reach out to people who regretted voting for Trump and still don’t have a candidate to go to after the Trump tariffs and trade wars which had hurt those most of those workers who voted for him in the rust belt.   I plan on in my 1st 100 days to laid off all the tariffs the president has given and repeal all of the solar power and union regulations.  I want to fix how we do trade without having to slap tariffs on anything or have to get into a trade war of sorts.   Take it from me a person who was born in a suburban and working class family and town in New Jersey to take the working class and the blue wall.

I think this region is prob the most important part of our election and polling and election results show that more progressives are getting elected in these regions especially in areas where Trump won and in most cases by a lot of votes such as we saw in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Closing:Amercia has a big decision in 2020 do we go backwards ever more and re-elect President Trump or set our party back to the 80s where the Dems lost 3 straight presidential elections or if we nominate a another flip flopping centrist or do we elect someone who will take us to the 2020s and we make great progress on our country and try to heal our divided nation.

I am more than a guy who just hit a ball on a bat and ran around a Diamond for a living I am someone who is activisting for a better and more progressive here every person has access to a decent job,education,income and Healthcare.  As as for the question of where do I wanna be in 2020?

I would most certainly choose the latter.  Thank you letting me be here everyone and goodnight!

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »

NEW ENDORSEMENTS FOR JOHN DELANEY
Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Thank you all for being here today! I came to talk about something: my endorsement in the 2020 presidential primary. I guess you probably all know who it is. It’s a man who stands up for what’s right, who represents the basic values of the Democratic Party! Someone who is trustworthy and approachable. The man we need in Washington D.C... John Delaney! He’s a great congressman, and will be a strong leader who will help not just us, but future generations. Thank you! Let’s look to the future with John Delaney!”

Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon

“Hello. I am here to endorse the man who truly sticks up for progressive values. The only one who can take this country in the right direction: John K. Delaney.
He has my vote because I care about the future of this country. He has my vote because he’s approachable. He’s a man I would have a beer with. Really nice guy. And he will be a strong leader who will fight for all Americans. And he will win the fight for all Americans! Thank you, God Bless, and let us join John Delaney in looking to the future”
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »

Two Former Candidates Blame Loss On Trump Factor

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 07:00:27 PM »

Jeter campaigns in Greenville South Carolina on his tax plan to appeal to Blue Dogs

The GOP claims to be financially conservative however for the past few years they have voted for massive tax cuts for the rich and have reduce many tax credits and reductions for the Middle Class.  And they always spend and get our country into massive debt with endless spending for endless wars. *Crowd boos*

However as President I will make the rich aka the top 1% the fair share they did back in the 1930s and 40s in the Roosevelt administration and I will give those tax breaks to people in the working class and middle and for small businesses and their workers!!!  I will also reduce the payroll taxes on Medicare and Medicaid for middle and working class families and businesses and reduce taxes for Solar energy and Solar Energy businesses.   I may be a progressive however I do think the middle class gets a good tax cut which the rich have to be the ones who pay them and we will make those middle class tax cuts permanent!!! Thank you!!

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »

Brown 2020: For the Future

Schedule for December.

Decmber 2-9: Brown spent the week campaigning in Iowa, meeting small farmer and highlighting that major farming corporations will be subject to higher taxes than smaller, family owned farms. He also held a rally on his healthcare proposal, using the UK's NHS as a model, and proposed the creation of a Federal Healthcare Administration as the US version of it.

Decmber 10-17: THis week was spent in New Hampshire, where Brown touted his socially liberal policies, such as increased proetection for LGBT people and women's rights. He vowed to appoint only pro-Roe vs. Wade judges to the Supreme Court to uphold a woman's right to choose.

December 18-21: Brown campaigned in Illinois for these three days, further attempting to lock down a base of blue-collar industrial workers. He welcomed the backing of Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth, as well as United Auto Workers, who backed his 2018 Senate bid.

December 22: Brown attended the Democratic Party primary debate

December 23-31: Using the holidays to his advantage, Brown elected to spend the rest of 2019 with his family, allowing his surrogates to campaign for him.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »

Endorsements for Sherrod Brown

We need a President who understands what needs to be done for our environment, but one who also understands how to balance the needs of the environment with the needs of the working people of this country. Sherrod Brown is the one who understands how to do this better than anyone

Sherrod Brown understands better than anyone what our country needs. We need President who will focus on rebuilding our alinaces abroad, revitalise our manufacturing sector, and protect the rights of LGBT persons and women. Sherrod Brown can bring these things to the table, and more.

United Auto Workers is proud to announce its support of Sherrod Brown's campaign for President. Sherrod has been a tireless firghter for the American auto industry; that's why we backed him last year and that's why we're backing him now. No Senator has fought harder for the working class of this nation that Sherrod Brown; put more on the line for them. That is why we support him

If you want a President who will stand up for minorities, women, the LGBT population and our working and middle classes, then Sherrod Brown is the candidate to vote for. As Mr Jones said, few have fought as hard for the disadvantaged in this country than Sherrod Brown, and he is going to be our next President!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 05:03:06 AM »

Sherrod Brown debate answers

1) We made a major mistake 4 years ago in our pursuit of a weakly cneter-left platform under the delusion that we would get Republicans to vote for us. This strategy was proven wrong; our base failed to turn out, and they are the ones we need to energise.

Most egregiously, we abandoned the working class. These people have been adversely affected by the President's trade war with China. I know these people; I am one of them and have spoken to many on this campaign already. The biggest strength we have is economics. We need to push our economic stance more than we do. We didn't in 2016 and look at what happened.

2) The priority of my administration in its first 100 days would be major Wall Street reform. We would push with all our might for reinstating the Glass-Steagall Act, empower the SEC to a greater extent and increase funding for it, and direct the Attorney-General to prosecute the heads of banks like Goldman Sachs who got away with committing fraud on a scale never seen before.

The first priority of a New New Deal must be to prosecute those who caused the financial collapse that has left many thousands, if not millions, out of work and living on the streets. This, and Glass-Steagall reinstatement, will be my first 100 days, regardless of what the current President's billionaire buddies think of it.

3) Is this a trick question? If his aim was to create one of the most polarized and divided nations in modern history, then in that regard, he is one of the best. However, from every other viewpoint, he has been a complete and total failure. He has put our alliances with nations like the United Kingdom in jeopardy, has sparked a trade war with China, which is one of the few that could beat us in one; his candidacy and Presidency saw a rise in the far-right, and he has progressively clamped down on immigrant, LGBT and women's rights.

In conclusion, there is only one way to judge a President who sees success as separating 4 year old children from their parents: horrific.

4) Yes, without question. We have been there since 2001, and it is responsible for a uge amount of our country's national debt, but it's a war so Republicans are okay with it being the cause of our debt.

This War has cost us over 1 trillion dollars, and what have got to show for it? Yes, we need combat terrorism, but power projection, as our current military is based on, is the wrong way to got about it. We need to refocus on versatility, rather than projecting power; which is frankly a medieval concept.

We cannot afford to stay in Afghanistan any longer, quite literally in fact.

5) The progressive movement is rooted in defending minorities. One of this nation's greatest progressives, Martin Luther King, Jr was the face of the Civil Rights Movement.

Minorities in this country are disproportionately affected by so-called 'tough on crime' laws; it's actually legal in many cities for police forces to stop and frisk anyone they like without a warrant, and minorities, particularly African-Americans, are usually the targets. Minorities are likewise the ones most affected by low minimum wages.

Social issues and economic issues are one and the same; we can't address one without addressing the other. Minorities have, in many cases, suffered the sharp end of the stick in both social and economic affiars. I believe that my campaign is offering solutions for minorities all over the country, but I stress that everyone make up their mind themselves. Everyone up here would make a fine nominee, so vote for who best represents what you want done with this nation.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »

December 1-18 Campaigning in New Hampshire and having a town hall and speech on December 7th on National Security   

December 19-24 Campaigning in Nevada with Town Halls and a meet and greet

December 25-27 Go Back Home

December 28-31 Campaign in Iowa

Debate Answers

How will you, as the nominee, win back the so-called blue wall that fell just four years ago? I will campaign in swing states such as Pennsylvania,Wisconsin, and North Carolina and etc,I will focus on a Southern Strategy which will be from Missouri to Mississippi to Georgia to Florida and even West Virginia and we need to focus on the Blue Collar Voters and with African American and Progressive voters at the same time.     
What will your first 100 days look like? I will do a Universal Basic Income or Medicare for All!
Do you believe President Trump was a successful president? No this question is a joke or a trick question.
Will you as president pull as out of the war with Afghanistan?

I will pull out of Afghanistan and only put a few thousand troops and a small air force so we can end another Taliban rebellion,and I would do the same thing with Iraq

With your little political experience, do you believe it is enough for being president?

Of Course, I'm skilled in Foreign Policy and I've learned a lot by campaigning in 2016 and 2008 and now.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:25 AM »

Attack Ad

Kristen Gillibrand in 2010

I'm a upstate Moderate

Kristen Gillibrand Now

I support Medicare for All

Kristen Gillibrand has betrayed our trust, don't vote for her
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Debate Answers

“A mistake democrats make is not pushing forth a bold progressive agenda. I have already put forward a plan for economic equality, including paid leave, equal pay, a public banking option, and Medicare for All. The truth is, a strong economic message is a winning message, and I don’t plan on taking a single state for granted.”

“My first 100 days will include immigration reform with a focus for a path to citizenship. I’m in Congress, and I plan on pushing my colleagues to do the right thing. Next, I will draft an equal pay legislation alongside paid family leave. We can not be the only industrialized country in the world without a paid family leave. Lastly, I’ll move to codify Medicare for All, as this legislation is so paramount to fixing our healthcare system.”

“I’ll be honest, I find the premise laughable. This administration has divided this country in ways we haven’t seen in the modern era. Their trade policies have destabilized decades of low costs on goods around the country. Not to mention it’s attacks on anyone who doesn’t look like them, or have as much money as them. I’d prefer to spend our time talking about how we plan on fixing these challenges.”

“Yes, absolutely. It is time as a country to have an exit strategy. President Obama’s began one, but the current administration seems to only wish to be the Anti-Obama, even when he did something positive. We’ve put our service members at risk in the name of being the world’s police force. I would like to reimagine that goal to be the world’s firefighters, keeping us all safe and secure.”

“My goal is to make an ambitious Democratic Party. We need a Democratic Party that looks like its constituents. That means more women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals in important positions. Mostly, my goal is for us to not be afraid to represent our people, protecting and expanding voting rights, healthcare, and equal right protections. We should not be fearful, but be bold in advocating for progressive social and economic justice, which will help defend everyday Americans from discrimination, from predatory business practices, and from attacks being thrown at them from the people in power. The Democratic Party should stand tall for all Americans.”[/list]
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

New endorsement for Michelle Obama

Congressman John Lewis (D-GA)

Congressman Lewis will campaign in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and North Carolina in December.

Other Surrogates

Jim Clyburn

Congressman Clyburn will be stumping almost exclusively in South Carolina this month.

Barack Obama

The Former President will be stumping in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada this month, in addition to fundraising for fellow Democrats.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »

Biden Debate Answers
[/b]

1. The blue wall cracked because we we  refused to listen to the majority of Americans. I think that the American people deserve a president who fights not just for special interest groups or minorities but someone who believes in each and every one of them. Hillary Clinton lost, and she’s a great friend of mine but she lost, because we didn’t focus on the people that of been really left out for the last couple of presidential administrations. We need a president who fights for the ironworker in Michigan, for a single mom in Wisconsin, the college student in Pennsylvania. Those are the people that deserve to be heard and those the people that will have a champion when I’m in the White House.

2. In my first hundred days, I will focus on immigration reform, I will focus on ending gerrymandering, which is torn this country apart. I will focus on LGBTQ rights, I will focus on amnesty for undocumented immigrants, and I will focus on bringing jobs back to the poorest states in this country. My first hundred days will look a lot like FDR’s with social programs and the fastest moving economy you’ve seen in years. We need jobs. Every American needs a job. And I am prepared to work my hardest, not just in my first hundred days, but in all my days as president, to fight for those Americans who are struggling and out of work.

3.  Are you kidding me? No, he’s been a terrible President. He lacks the temperament, the experience, and the mental stability to be President of the United States. I don’t want to be completely partisan here, I do think Mr. Trump has done some good things. Seeking denuclearization with North Korea, his attempts to fix our crumbling infrastructure, and his willingness to fight to keep companies here in America. But, overall, Mr. Trump has been a disaster. I wouldn’t be running if he was a good President, right?

4.  Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I thousand times yes, we need to bring our children home. Period.

5. I have spent my life fighting for people who feel left out, who feel left behind, and feel ignored. The LGBT community and immigrants and minorities, they deserve the protection that the rest of us Americans deserve. I know that I spend a lot of time talking about the ironworkers about maybe people that you perceive as white and well-off. But I know that we can’t just talk about people in Michigan or Wisconsin or Minnesota. We need to talk about people in California and Arizona and Hawaii. We need to talk about minorities talk about gay and lesbian people. We need to talk about people who are not perceived as “normal people”.  And let it be heard, that when I get to the White House, they will have a voice and a champion in the Oval Office.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Biden 2020
For a Better America

Biden Schedule for December 2nd- January 1st

December 2-10th
Campaign in Iowa, meeting with small groups and rallies on college campuses. Talk about TPP, trade wars, student loans and LGBT/minority rights.

December 11th-20th
Campaign in New Hampshire. VERY retail. Talk about jobs, jobs, jobs. Also, the opiod crisis and trade.

December 21st- 27th
Break for Christmas

December 27th- January 1st
Campaign in Nevada, South Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »

Schedule for Michelle Obama

December 1

Finish Thanksgiving weekend with family (Barack, Sasha, Malia), Chicago, Illinois

December 2-5

Campaign in and around Davenport, Iowa (With Barack Obama)

It's been fourteen years, but people seem to have forgotten that Senator Gillibrand once was a pro-gun, anti-immigrant, Congresswoman who voted against the bailout of our country's financial system in 2008. Now, as she enters her tenth year as a Senator, and runs for President, she's flip-flopped on every one of these issues. I don't think anyone in the party wants the stigma of flip-flopper over the nominee's head. Remember John Kerry? He was hit with that label, and it cost him the election in 2004. Senator Gillibrand will be slammed with it far worse by any Republican nominee, which is why I'm a better choice for the nomination. I have bold principles, and I have the courage to stick by them. That's what we need, not flip-flopping.

December 6-7

Campaign in and around Ames, Iowa (With Barack Obama)

President Trump has essentially committed treason, violated our constitution's Emoluments clause, and openly colluded with the Russian government to elect himself President. He may well be doing the same to get himself or another Republican elected this time around. As President, I will have Trump put on trial for the crimes he has committed, and he will face whatever penalty he faces, even if he has to pay the ultimate price, as that is what happens when you commit treason.

December 8-14

Campaign in and around Des Moines, Iowa

After the chaos with the last two heads of the Democratic National Committee, it's time for someone who is both progressive and trusted by all sides of the party. I will, if elected appoint an Elizabeth Warren or Tammy Baldwin as chair of Democratic National Committee, based on their record within the party, and their support within the party.

December 15-21

Campaign in and around Las Vegas, Nevada +Debate prep

I know the Supreme Court legalized sports gambling just over a year ago, but it's time we do the same for activities like online poker, and tax it. There's no reason the government can't make revenue on online poker winnings from U.S players, none at all.

December 22

Debate

December 23

Fundraisers, Chicago, Illinois

December 24-26

Christmas with family in Washington D.C (Barack, Sasha, Malia)

December 27-30

Campaign in and around Manchester/Nashua, New Hampshire

The fact of the matter is, I meant what I said in the debate about Afghanistan not being able to be stabilized. There is a reason it is called the "graveyard of empires", with the British Empire, the Soviet Union, and the United States/NATO all have failed to conquer Afghanistan/achieve the goals they set out to reach. That's not good, and it's the reason we need to pull our troops.

December 31

Attend New Year's Eve Ball Drop, Times Square, New York City
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »

Connor Lamb endorses Derek Jeter in New Hampshire

New Hampshire in order to unite this party and bring on board profess we need to nominate someone who is for progess and that person is Derek Jeter!!!  He has what he takes to bring on the Washington machine and the corporate democrats!!  I was elected in a district with a majority of Republicans and I still have found ways to get progess done!!! 

He wants to give every working man in Pennsylvania and here in New Hampshire a decent paying job, Their family to have afordable education and grade A healthcare for all and good Medicare coverage so that’s you don’t have to worry as you get older.

Vote for a different kind of Democrat vote Jeter!!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Debate Schedule

December 1-7

Campaign in Nevada, including a joint event with Kamala Harris in Reno, followed by stops in Carson City, Las Vegas, and tours of rural manufacturing plants. The focus of this stretch will be the jobs guarantee and fair trade practices.

“I’m so happy to be here with my friend Kirsten Gillibrand. Since I joined the senate, she has worked tirelessly to show me the ropes alongside all of her other responsibilities as a Senator and mother, both jobs she handles with aplomb. She’s the best equipped candidate in the race to tackle the responsibilities of being president. She’s lead the fight against corporate donations, for the right for paid leave, and for all people to have a fair shake in this society. I’m so excited, just like so many of you, that we have someone in this race who will stand up for every single one of us.”

December 8-16

Campaign heads to Iowa, crisscrossing the state with the message of Medicare for All, fair trade, and a paid family leave policy. In between urban rallies, Gillibrand meets with local teachers’ unions to discuss education plans.

“The pathway out of this mess is right in front of us, promoting teachers and giving more education funding. We need to pay our teachers fairly, and give them the tools they need for their classes to be successful. We need Medicare for All to make our healthcare system fairer, as too many people go into poverty over healthcare. It’s time to end predatory practices in both education loans and in health insurance companies.”

December 17-21

Gillibrand heads to South Carolina, visiting nurses’ unions to talk about healthcare. Gillibrand’s team scheduled a joint rally with Kamala Harris in Colombia on the 21st. The two talk focus on criminal justice reform and ending privatization of prisons.

“This woman here knows a thing or two about criminal justice reform. She served as California’s attorney general and saw what happens when the little guy is stacked against a corporation. Our current system is unfair, police have to juggle so many responsibilities that of course they drop the ball. But, this is life or death here. We need to end mandatory minimums and begin community policing. No one should be fearful of law enforcement if they’ve done nothing wrong, and it is time our policy reflects that.”

December 22

Debate

December 23-31

Gillibrand spends the rest of the month in New Hampshire, continuing her momentum with speeches and rallies on a public banking option and paid leave. She takes advantage of the proximity to home to go back on Christmas and New Year’s Eve to be with her family.

“We have a system that has left behind the middle class, not to mention anyone who is just making by. If a family member gets sick, if you or a spouse gets pregnant, you are not guaranteed time off. This is ludicrous in a nation as wealthy as ours. Our families deserve to have us present, especially in a time of need. I believe it is paramount to pass paid family leave to ensure no one has to worry about what happens to their job if they need time to be a caretaker.”

Gillibrand sends out Christmas card to supporters
“Happy Holidays from my family to yours! In the new year, let’s keep up the fight for families all around the country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies