Legislation: Federal Courts Act, 1789 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:59:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: Federal Courts Act, 1789 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: Federal Courts Act, 1789 (Passed)  (Read 1016 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: July 08, 2018, 11:20:08 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

On behalf of the Patriots, I wish to come out in full support of the Gentleman from Kentucky's amendment to the bill, and the Gentleman from Suffolk & Queens may have my word as Leader of the Patriots that we would only vote to overturn a decision should it be clearly erroneous and opposed by a clear majority of the public of this nation.

I yield.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2018, 03:54:16 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Mr. Speaker,

I concur with the Tory Gentleman from Pennsylvania and the Gentleman from Charlottesville in guaranteeing our judiciary is free from political office, and would support such an amendment.  I also urge the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester to support holding the Courts accountable to the people, as even one of the deputies within his party finds himself supportive of such an action.

I find myself mostly supportive of the legislation, as with the most likely passage of Amendments protecting the rights of the states as well as the natural rights of man we will need a constitutional court in order to make sure there are no attempts to infringe upon the rights guaranteed in the amendments.  I do hope that there is an amendment added to the bill that will allow the courts to be accountable to the people through the Assembly.  However, with the apparent support of such an amendment likely to be able to override the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester's objections, I urge my fellow deputies, especially the Gentleman from Augusta and my fellow Patriots, to support this legislation.

I yield.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2018, 03:53:50 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Mr. Speaker,

I concur with the Gentleman from Charlottesville and will support his petition to override the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester's opposition to the 3/4ths Amendment.  This situation is actually a perfect example of why this amendment should be added.   A clear majority of this Assembly is in support of the amendment, yet a single member is trying to oppose it's addition to the bill, the very same situation this amendment would be able to prevent.

I strongly urge my fellow deputies to join myself and the Gentleman from Charlottesville in overriding the decision on the amendment, and allowing the people to have a check on the Courts.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies