Legislation: Declaration of Rights Amendments, 1789 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:30:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: Declaration of Rights Amendments, 1789 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: Declaration of Rights Amendments, 1789 (Passed)  (Read 829 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: July 09, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »

Mr, Speaker,

I and my fellow Patriots find ourselves in strong support of these amendments, as they protect Man's natural rights and fulfill The Gentleman from Lynchburg's idea of all men having a right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."  I believe that the inclusion of the Writ of Habeas Corpus, and the right to a fair trial by an impartial jury are necessary in order to protect the rights of citizens in Court, especially with the establishment of Federal courts currently being considered. 

In conclusion, I find myself in strong support of these amendments, and urge my fellow patriots to support these amendments.

I yield.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 02:25:01 PM »

Mr, Speaker,

The Gentleman from Pennsylvania appears to have a severe misunderstanding of the Amendments, as well as a misunderstanding on another matter.  First, if he would take the time to review the 11th Amendment, it clearly says "No citizen of the United States shall be reduced to a state of involuntary servitude as punishment for a crime." The Gentleman has made a clear error, as this amendment is recognizing that Citizens of this nation will not be subjected to involuntary servitude, and have their rights guaranteed by these amendments.

However, this Amendment would not guarantee the rights of that which is not even a man, let alone a citizen. Mr. Jackson then went on to iterate that slaves are not equal to man at all, and are but property, not worthy of freedom, let alone the rights guaranteed in these amendments. (GM Approved summary)

I find myself quite amused, as the Gentleman from Pennsylvania of the Tories seems to have partaken in substances which would send him to a realm or time in which his insane ramblings of property being equal to man are actually an accepted idea. I suggest he takes time to return to sobriety and this world before speaking on this matter again.

I yield.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I rise in strong opposition to the amendment proposed by the Gentleman from New York & Westchester.  The Gentleman appears to wish not only for the destruction of the rights of people of new states to choose whether or not their state shall have the institution of slavery, and now wishes to disallow the ability of states to choose whether or not the slave trade should continue to exist in their state.  The people of an individual state should have the right to choose whether or not the slave trade exists in their state, especially states where it is a rather large portion of their economy such as South Carolina.  The Gentleman from New York & Westchester appears to fail to recognize that half of the states of this great nation of ours relies on the institution of slavery for their economy, and instead wishes to destroy those states' entire well-being by moving against the institution. 

However, I am proud to say this nation is not the monarchy that the Tories wish it to be, and that the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester cannot force his destructive policies upon the people of the slave states alone.  I urge all Deputies of this assembly to oppose this amendment, in the spirit of protecting the right of the states to choose their own fate on the issue of slavery, and to protect the economies of states in which the slave trade is practiced.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies