What is your ideal demographic coalition?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:51:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is your ideal demographic coalition?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What is your ideal demographic coalition?  (Read 4630 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »

Slightly left moderates with a little bit of everything when it comes to race, religion, etc.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2018, 02:11:13 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2018, 02:32:14 AM by IceSpear »

Everyone besides the Racist Hicks.

Or in other words, the coalition Mama Hillary nearly won with (and would have won with if not for Comey), but on steroids. Smiley

They're heading in that direction, which is a great thing.

My dream is for the political parties to essentially become one party that has all the racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and another assorted bigots, and one party that is everybody else. Obviously, the former would be the new Republicans and the latter would be the new Democrats. Essentially, the Democrats poach away people like Torie, ShadowyAbyss, and RINO Tom, while losing people like Santander (this process has been in place and accelerating for decades now, but I'd like it to to quickly finish.) Basically, make the Republican Party an out and out hate group, and make it impossible to hide behind any vaneer of "muh fiscal responsibility" or whatever other crap. Make it a binary choice between the party of hatred and the party of non hatred. It would be very great to see just how much we're dealing with when we see what share of the vote this new Republican Party gets. I realize the Democrats would have to make some compromises on the economic issues in order to ensure the coalition remains intact, but that's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power. We'd remain a pro-choice party of course as well, but we'd have to make some reasonable accomodations for the genuinely religious yet not outright hateful and bigoted (Mormons would be a Democratic voting bloc in this scenario, for example.)

#throwback

It's happening! All those RINOs I identified voted for Hillary! Smiley Santander is still sticking around though apparently, lol. Though I think (?) he voted for Trump. All according to plan...Smiley

Republicans have nothing to gain and everything to lose from following Trumpism, and they won't.

Yikes! lol
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »

As many voters as possible?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2018, 10:45:56 AM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »

Everyone besides the Racist Hicks.

Or in other words, the coalition Mama Hillary nearly won with (and would have won with if not for Comey), but on steroids. Smiley

They're heading in that direction, which is a great thing.

My dream is for the political parties to essentially become one party that has all the racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and another assorted bigots, and one party that is everybody else. Obviously, the former would be the new Republicans and the latter would be the new Democrats. Essentially, the Democrats poach away people like Torie, ShadowyAbyss, and RINO Tom, while losing people like Santander (this process has been in place and accelerating for decades now, but I'd like it to to quickly finish.) Basically, make the Republican Party an out and out hate group, and make it impossible to hide behind any vaneer of "muh fiscal responsibility" or whatever other crap. Make it a binary choice between the party of hatred and the party of non hatred. It would be very great to see just how much we're dealing with when we see what share of the vote this new Republican Party gets. I realize the Democrats would have to make some compromises on the economic issues in order to ensure the coalition remains intact, but that's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power. We'd remain a pro-choice party of course as well, but we'd have to make some reasonable accomodations for the genuinely religious yet not outright hateful and bigoted (Mormons would be a Democratic voting bloc in this scenario, for example.)

#throwback

It's happening! All those RINOs I identified voted for Hillary! Smiley Santander is still sticking around though apparently, lol. Though I think (?) he voted for Trump. All according to plan...Smiley

Republicans have nothing to gain and everything to lose from following Trumpism, and they won't.

Yikes! lol

LOL, I'm an optimist to a fault, I guess.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2018, 09:21:01 PM »

I would probably favor some combination of working-class voters, minorities, and moderate suburbanites/college-educated voters.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »

Ohioguy29

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »

Working and middle class people of all races.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2018, 01:09:27 AM »

I would probably favor some combination of working-class voters, minorities, and moderate suburbanites/college-educated voters.

The same (with slight accent on last cathegory).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »

Everyone besides the Bill Kristols and Dick Cheneys of the Republican Party and those reasonable (McCain/)Romney/Clinton voters. Oh, and preferably no one from NOVA or NH, please.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »

Abolish demographics.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »

Technically I don't care as long as I get my policies. I'd want a party that is broadly right-wing on economic issues (but not in a nihilistic way), supports free trade and a strong foreign policy and is generally supportive of legal immigration. Since I'm not really #woke on social and cultural issues I could accept some conservative leanings on immigration, identity or abortion (but pls no Roy Moore). Actually I'm somewhat conservative on national identity. But I don't really care tbh.

I imagine such a party win college-educated whites by a strong margin, though 35-40% of white college graduates probably is too ideologically #woke to ever vote for a centre-right party. We'd carry whites without a college degree by a decent margin because we'd still be more conservative than the alternative and they're mainly right-wing petite bourgeoisie instead of impoverished workers anyway. I imagine some poor whites would go back to the Democrats though. Finally we should make inroads with the more entrepeneurial and/or socially conservative minorities who align pretty well with the GOP but have been scared away by certain elements in the GOP.

If we're talking about the Netherlands I'm quite happy with the VVD coalition. Win wealthy suburban Randstad commuters by a huge margin, do well with the culturally conservative non-Randstad middle-class (petite bourgeoisie?) and finally win most of the centrist urban professional VVD-D66 swing vote (most of these people would be Democrats in the US tbh, but we don't care Smiley). Maybe we can make some inroads with the last group, but that would be hard with the current rightwards shift of the VVD.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »

Not much different from my previous post in this thread but I'll go into more detail:

I would have an ideological platform that focuses on three main pillars:

1. Reform-minded Conservatism when it comes to social issues and societal issues.
2. Re-branding Neoconservatism into "Democratic Realism" as defined by Charles Krauthammer (http://www.aei.org/publication/democratic-realism/).
3. Promoting State Rights and federalism as a mechanism for promoting fiscal discipline and creating economic growth.

These three pillars would represent a strand of conservatism that mixes seeks to promote conservatism through soft and inclusive rhetoric.

Suburban white voters, middle-class voters, African-Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Jewish Voters, Asian American voters, Hindu/Sikh voters, Mainstream Protestant/Catholic/Mormon voters.

Ideologically, this party would be socially moderate (but still pro-Life and somewhat traditional), pro-business fiscal conservatives, and hawkish on foreign policy/national security issues. My party, despite being more moderate on some social issues, would not be secular but not religiously fundamental either (so i'd want the John Danforth's of the world, not the Jerry Falwell's or Rick Santorum's).

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »

The working class (of all races) and well-educated urbanites
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »

Those who are tired of corruption, of partisanship. Those who are tired of the military wasting $150 billion every year. Those who are tired of seeing kids begging, veterans starving, and politicians getting bribed to ignore it. You tell me who those people are, and those are the people I want on my side.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies