MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3  (Read 4019 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 12, 2018, 07:07:34 PM »

It’s definitely closer to the actual state of the race than that SurveyMonkey garbage Tender Branson added to the database. Lean D, I think Tester wins by 3-5 unless Rosendale starts running a better campaign and the national environment improves for Republicans.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »

Remington (R): Tester +3 - Republican pollster, junk poll, Tester is leading by much more than that
PPP (D): Bredesen +3 - Devastating poll for Republicans, Tossup/Tilt D
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »

PPP > Remington.

I'm not sure why some here are so quick to dismiss PPP.

Remington's final MO poll had Blunt winning by 4, Trump by 13 and Greitens by 1, so aside from the Senate numbers there was nothing Republican-friendly about that poll. Sure, they also released a lot of bad polls in 2016, but so did PPP. Dismissing or "unskewing" either poll just because you don’t like the result would be foolish, just include it in your polling average. I’m pretty sure that Tester +3 isn’t a more ridiculous result than Tester +13 (SurveyMonkey).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

Not the best poll for Tester, but of course him leading by 3 makes this a Toss-Up, while a poll showing Cruz up by 2 doesn’t change the fact that TX is ultra safe titanium R #AtlasLogic

So one or two posters = Atlas? Last time I checked, most people still think MT and TX are both leaning toward the incumbent's party.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »

^What recent polling? SurveyMonkey (Tester +13/Blackburn +14)? Or Gravis (Tester +7/Williams +6/surprisingly Democratic-friendly results on a lot of issues)? Of those three, Remington is probably the most trustworthy pollster, although that’s a low bar. 

I think Tester is leading by 4-7 points right now in a race that definitely leans (strongly) D, but perhaps I’m underestimating how Democratic/populist Montana is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies