Haslam for Senate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:24:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Haslam for Senate!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Haslam for Senate!  (Read 1269 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2018, 10:20:04 AM »
« edited: August 10, 2018, 10:34:23 AM by Senator Haslam2020 »

Re-elect Haslam!

Senator Haslam announces his intention to seek another term in the Senate.

It is my great privilege to be here in Knoxville. It’s my home, and the city where I’ve made many similar announcements. If there is any mystery, I am in fact running for another term in the Senate.

We’ve gotten a lot of things done with this right majority, and I believe it can continue. The Keep-It-Simple Plan has worked for Atlasia, and it continues to. I believe working with bipartisan efforts and thinking of the common man’s best interests works. I think that’s how governing, and representing should work.

I’ve always tried to put the interests of South first. I believe I’ve come pretty close to that. It’s been an honor to represent this great region, and this great county in the Senate. I’ve learned that this region is a great, accepting one. One that respects the rights of liberty and freedom, one that accepts people when they need help, a region known for its hospitality. You’ve always treated me so well.

Whether it be in the Southern Speakership, the House of Representatives, or my Senate terms. We’ve gotten things done, and I’d love your vote to continue to make bold changes in Atlasia.

Let’s get Atlasia to work again, let’s fight for equal rights, let’s solve the climate problem, let’s make our region, and our country a better place!!!

Re-elect me for an experienced, bipartisan, caring voice in Nyman!!! Thank you!!!

Endorsements:

Delegate YoungTexan
Domestic Councilman Spark498
Lincoln Speaker LouisvilleThunder
Representative Lechasseur
Governor tmthforu
Senator Reactionary
Delegate TheSaint250
President NC Yankee

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »

Mega endorsed
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 02:37:18 PM »

Endorsed, you’ve been a fantastic voice in the Senate and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you, the same goes for you!

Yellow heart
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »

Definitely Endorsed!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »

Purple heart
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 03:57:14 PM »

Senator Haslam Speech in Tampa Bay!!!

“Hello, my fellow Southerners! It’s great to be here in Tampa Bay today! Although I’m an Eagles fan, I do really like the Lightning. I’ve come to talk to you today about more than just sports, though. I’m here to talk to you about the state of Atlasia.

We’re in a very sensitive area right now. The world is on fire, and Atlasia has extreme problems. We’re going through various crises. Whether it be foreign crises such as the Korean War, or the troubles in Venezuela, to the Middle East, these are crises that need to be, and will be resolved in an honorable manner. Unemployment is rampant throughout the South, and the country as a whole. We need to have various job programs available to combat this, and we need to create a whole new sector of jobs in the very profitable clean energy business. What I’m saying is: we need experienced, bold leadership that can adapt to the times, and that can change the conversation in the South, and Atlasia.

We live in an era of hyper partisanship, with extremely far left and far right wing views with horrendous consequences being accepted as “normal” to the public.

The “Keep-it-Simple Plan” has done wonders for Atlasia, and I believe we need to stick by it. We need a “Keep-it-Simple Plan” for the South, we, with these elections in which you have trusted the Liberty Party politicians with are going to fundamentally change and make our region, and our county better.

I can promise you, as I always have: I will fight for the common man in Nyman. I always have. I will be the most active voice in politics that I can be, and I look forward to representing the Southern voice in the Senate for another term! I humbly ask you to please elect me to another term in Nyman, and I can promise that you wot be disappointed! Thank you!!!”

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »

Senator Haslam’s positions:

Abortion: Personally, I am pro life. Although I can understand such circumstances in which an abortion is necessary, I’m a firm believer in the right to life. I believe “partial birth abortion” should be banned, and that abortions past a certain date should be banned. However, I’m against some of the more extreme laws against it, such as punishments, etc. I believe with a government campaign encouraging adoption we can heavily cut down the number of abortions that occur each year.

Civil Rights: Everybody is equal. I believe that fiercely. Judge people by the content of their character, not by their race, sexuality, etc. I staunchly have, and will defend civil rights in my time in the Senate.

Drugs: I’ve always believed in criminal justice reform, and I’m a supporter of marijuana being legalized. I believe it’s good for the economy for it to be legalized, and also that a grown adult has the right to do what they want to with their body so long as it does no harm to anyone else. Someone smoking some weed? Big deal. Our police have bigger issues to deal with than arresting people who are peaceful and cooperative. I also believe certain drugs should be decriminalized.

Environment: Climate Change is happening, call it global warming. It’s a perfectly logical fact, and in my time in the House and Senate, we’ve taken some steps, but more is needed. I may recommend more funding for levies on cost cities, and more encouragement of clean energy.

Government: I believe the key to a good democracy is having a small government that doesn’t interfere negatively in the citizens’ lives. Yes, some basic services are needed of course, but over regulation that kills jobs, and unwarranted surveillance upon unsuspecting citizens is not what our founding fathers believed in.

Government Spending: I believe government spending is of course needed, however our deficit crisis is out of control, and I believe we need to do more to fight it. We need to cut unnecessary programs, we need to launch a government investigation into what is going on, what’s being wasted, and where to cut. I believe a balanced budget amendment is a great solution to our problems on that front.

Gun Control: I believe in the right for an Atlasian citizens to use a firearm. If you’re for banning firearms, just look in the history books and you’ll find out what usually happens. However, there needs to be regulations on bump stocks, gun show loopholes, etc. I also believe in more perfected background checks so that mass shootings that have been plaguing us do not happen as often, and hopefully, not at all.

Healthcare: Healthcare for the average citizens isn’t a “dirty cause” or anything of the sort, it’s a noble cause, but often one that isn’t properly thought out or well funded. I believe that if the money exists, we need to have it. However if it doesn’t, then slight government regulation of drug prices, and buying insurance across state lines is then also acceptable.

Immigration: I believe the South, and Atlasia should welcome immigrants with opening arms. Despite some disgusting rhetoric, the majority of immigrants are hardworking people just looking to get ahead. We don’t need open borders to accept immigrants, we just have to make the process a little bit easier and less costly to enter our great nation. After all, many Atlasians can’t even pass a citizenship test.

Military Involvements: I’m not pretending to be a general, however I’m not pretending to be a war hungry fool either. I’m for a strong, modern Atlasian military, and making cuts where they’re needed. However, we must remain peaceful in this world, and attack only if we are attacked (or our allies are), or if our interests are under threat. I support our ground troops in Korea, and also I want to try to work with the Chinese to get some sort of treaty accomplished. Overall, I’m dovish and against “regime change”.

Net Neutrality: In a rare issue that liberals, moderates, conservatives, and libertarians can all agree on: Net Neutrality is needed. I’ll fight to protect it.

Police: I believe sometimes police are unfairly characterized, and we need to protect their rights. But there are definitely some bad apples out there, I would love body cam funding, and a slight "demilitarization" of the police.

Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:45:42 PM »

Endorsed!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »

Thank you!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 11:30:01 PM »

The South is the only region with normally elected Senators. We have a very dignified region Sen. Haslam, keep it up!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

Official Statement from Senator Haslam on the Registration Crisis:

I know it sounds basic or generic to say this, however we are at a state in Atlasia that I don’t believe we’ve ever been in. Three senators, gone. Three remain. The only two that have actually been elected are Senator Reactionary and I. I am aware that I am not considered the most active senator in Atlasia, as I do have a life and have stress, etc. However, I feel obligated to state that I will not deregister or anything like that. I will stick in the Senate, and for one more Senate term if you give me the honor of being re-elected. The South needs a voice more than ever right now, and I’m just simply stating I’m not going to flee. I have nothing against the people who left because of stress and such, I have no “beef” with any Atlasian. I hope that this crisis will be resolved soon, as we are at an unprecedented state. Pls don’t duel bbs. Thank you, and good night.

The South is the only region with normally elected Senators. We have a very dignified region Sen. Haslam, keep it up!

I just got this while I was writing that statement, thanks man I appreciate it. I know you’ll do great things for the South, man. I appreciate that though.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »

Senator Haslam’s Statement on Liberty Party Success:

”My friends, I’m here to make a statement that many of you probably already know about. The success of the Liberty Party in these last regional elections tell a story, they tell a thousand words. Southerners are tired of divisive politics. They want an effective regional legislature, they want an effective governor, and my friends, they want effective leadership.

So let us say: Thank you, from the bottom of our heart, and we will not let you down. We will bring the change that you seek. God speed to all of the new soon to be officeholders. Let the bells of Liberty ring!!!”

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 04:18:09 PM »

I endorse Haslam for Senate.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 05:43:08 PM »

I appreciate it!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »

Senator Haslam Statement before Election Night:

Hello fellow Southerners,

It’s almost Election time in our great region. I hope that you’ll find it in your heart to re-elect me for Senate. It’s been a privilege, and a high honor to serve as your Senator. It’s been a privilege to serve as a voice for the people of this great region.

I want to say that despite all the partisan bickering in Nyman, the South, and frankly, all of Atlasia has problems. I’m not going to pretend they’re all easy to solve, but some are, and we need common sense bipartisan solutions to get them through.

I’ve been a proven fighter for the people of this glorious region time and time again, and I hope that I can continue that. We need to fix the horrific deficit, we need to find new and bold ways to deal with unemployment, we need to have clean energy, we need to restore the wiki, just basically, in short, we need a lot to be done.

I promise you this: I will not fail you in Nyman. You will get a fighter, you will get a man who has gotten things done, time and time again! You will get a man who fought for you as Southern Speaker! You will get a man who fought for you as a Representative, and as House Majority Leader! You will get the man who has fought for you in Nyman in the Senate, and you will get a man who believes in the values of Liberty!

Please, re-elect me, and you will not be disappointed! Thank you, bless!”

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »

Endorsed.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:07 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »

Heck yeah! Win this one for the South and for liberty and justice for all!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »

Absolutely Endorsed!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 10:31:48 AM »

Thank you y’all!

I want to remind my Southern citizens that the Senate Election is occurring right now! Please get out and vote.

Vote Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=298531.msg6348774#new
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:49 AM »

Congratulations on a hard fought election!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 07:09:57 AM »

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 08:43:26 AM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »

Congrats! The Liberty movement continues!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies