TN-Emerson Poll: Bredesen+6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:03:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-Emerson Poll: Bredesen+6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: TN-Emerson Poll: Bredesen+6  (Read 5514 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »

Bredesen seems like he'll have a lot of crossover pull so he can get plenty of independents and Republicans in the general.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 08:10:48 AM »

Bredesen likely to win.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »

Why are we trying to predict election results just solely based off of primary results...
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »

Why are we trying to predict election results just solely based off of primary results...
Because we’re bored
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »

I only believe the Bredesen win in TN when I see it ...

A lot has changed in TN recently and the state got much more Republican + many voters might not remember Bredesen as the popular Governor he was.

Plus, TN has always been a major letdown when it mattered: In 2000, it was Al Gore's homestate and he didn't win it, enabling the catastrophic presidency of GWB.

And in 2006, when it looked as if Harold Ford was about to win it - voters got scared by the racist "Harold, call me !" ad and voted for Corker.

So, I won't be too optimistic about Bredesen in the next months.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »

Ask Illinois’s senior US Senator Jim Oberweis how much primary turnout matters

In the 1994 Maine Senatorial race...more voted in the Dem primary than the GOP primary then Olympia Snowe won by +42% anyway
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »

A lot has changed in TN recently and the state got much more Republican + many voters might not remember Bredesen as the popular Governor he was.

Plus, TN has always been a major letdown when it mattered: In 2000, it was Al Gore's homestate and he didn't win it, enabling the catastrophic presidency of GWB.

And in 2006, when it looked as if Harold Ford was about to win it - voters got scared by the racist "Harold, call me !" ad and voted for Corker.

There is gonna be a rally around the flag, in terms of GOP, as 9/11 gets closer and states like TN, MS, and TX will turn more GOP leaning.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »

The primary results are irrelevant. If they're voting Republican for everything else in November why would they need to pull a Dem ballot when Bredesen so obviously had it in the bag. How many people live in areas where the Republican primary is effectively the General Election? The number of GOP ballots pulled means NOTHING.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »

There is gonna be a rally around the flag, in terms of GOP, as 9/11 gets closer and states like TN, MS, and TX will turn more GOP leaning.

I don't think the anniversary of 9/11 has a lot of bearing on election results...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »

I don't think the anniversary of 9/11 has a lot of bearing on election results...

Live image of Atlas after reading OC's post:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 08:00:15 AM »

Live image of Atlas after reading OC's post:

I love when users bring back old post
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »

I love when users bring back old post

I just feel like if you want to be taken seriously when you make a wild connection like that, you ought to explain your thinking so people don't think you're nuts. Your post makes it seem like 9/11 is a full moon that Republicans look up at and get taken over by partisanship and an unshakeable urge to vote straight Republican tickets ~2 months from then. It doesn't make any sense. It's been a LONG time since 9/11. It doesn't affect people like that anymore and hasn't in a longggg time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2018, 12:35:52 PM »

I was responding to Bagel's comment about the over optimistism of Dems on winning a landslide election and TN is only a state Dems will win, should there be a wave.

Dems will wind up winning gubernatorial elections, but House and Senate is far from a sure thing, and votes on shutdown, Kavanaugh and patriotism can still make it a neutral election.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »

9/11 was 17 years ago: people haven't forgotten by any means, but it doesn't have the impact it once did and isn't seen in the same way that it was in the early 2000s. Were people in 1992 talking about the impact of the anniversary of the Fall of Saigon on polling and election results?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies