Legislation: National Military Act of 1790 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: National Military Act of 1790 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: National Military Act of 1790 (Failed)  (Read 716 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: July 17, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I must go negative on this bill and urge my fellow deputies to abstain or go negative on this bill. I do believe that we have an army so we make sure that our nation is strong against our foreign enemies but I believe those should be local militias or a much smaller federal army than being proposed by this bill or wait till after we have a profit not major national debt.

Another fault of this bill is that it will end up forcing us to create a federal tax and I will never allow this government to have a federal tax. A federal tax leads to oversized governments that become oppressive and I cannot see all the progress we made over the last few years removing ourselves from an oppressive be backstepped.

Vote negative on this bill, I cannot stand aside and let this national assembly create a federal tax.

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I must rise again to address the claims of Mr. Hamilton. First, Mr. Hamilton if you listened when I rose earlier I said that this nation should have an army so we are protected but it shouldn't be nearly as many as you propose because that would just continue to plunge us in debt or we could have local militias like we had during our war of independence.

Second, how dare you accuse me of not wanting to pay our war heroes. I was a brigadier general in Georgia during the war of independence and I starved alongside my men. I was not hiding in Philidelphia like some but I was on the front lines defending this country and I believe that at the very least that I deserve to not get assaulted and told that I won't help the men I stood beside as I fought the British.

I will do anything for our men who fought for our freedom but I won't do is force them to a federal tax like the one the British have and destroy our economy by having our debt be out of control.

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 08:10:56 PM by terp40hitch »

Mr. Speaker,

I must rise again before the vote as a new amendment has been introduced. This amendment has my full support, this will keep down the cost of the national military and doesn't include adding a federal tax which was an earlier concern on mine.

Though this amendment if passed is a massively better version of the bill than the earlier proposed bills, I still cannot vote yes on this bill. Even with the cut cost of the national army, it will still cost our nation an arm and a leg and we cannot afford that. Our debt is out of control and is impacting our economic growth. This is why I choose to abstain from the national army vote if this amendment passes but I ask all my fellow Patriots to vote the way they want. If this amendment doesn't pass then I am going negative and urging my fellow Patriots to vote negative.

I yield
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies