TheSaint250 - Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TheSaint250 - Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TheSaint250 - Campaign Headquarters  (Read 2761 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »

The Saint takes the stage in Miami, Florida

My fellow Southerners,

It is great to be with you all again!  It has certainly been a long time since I was a public official, and the life of a private citizen has given me plenty of time to reflect on the past and contemplate the future.  Our nation is fundamentally different than when I first took office.  Polarization is at an all-time high, there is less communication, commitment, and compromise...things just aren't the same.  Observing the state of our nation from an outside view has shown me what must change in order to work efficiently, and I am no longer willing to sit by idly.

Today, I am formally announcing my candidacy to return to the Southern Chamber of Delegates!

I still remember the graciousness I felt after being elected to serve previously from January to September of 2018, as well as my appointment as one new to Atlasian politics in September of 2017.  Additionally, I took on the responsibilities of Deputy Speaker and later found myself as both Speaker and Acting Governor, two positions that, while unexpected, gave me a new level of appreciation for my colleagues and connection with you, the people.  I always held myself to a standard of being consistently active by contributing in debates and drafting a number of bills, twelve of which were signed into law.  My experience stands as a guide for my plans upon inauguration.

If elected, I will remain active and encourage activity in the Chamber of Delegates, consistently work with Governor Tmthforu4 and Delegates of all parties and ideologies to find the best solutions, and listen to and fight for all Southerners.  I would like to extend a special thanks to those of you who have backed me in the past and would be honored to have your support again.

One of my greatest regrets is leaving the Chamber of Delegates, yet my life on the outside has given me a lot to think about.  I now know that I am ready to once again govern efficiently and effectively.  I may legislate from the center and seek compromise, but I will not be afraid to stand up for what I believe is best for the South.  Thank you to all, and best of luck to my opponents. 

Now, let's win this for the South!

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2019, 12:21:42 PM by The Saint »

Endorsements

Lt. Gov. of Lincoln wxtransit
Secy. of State LumineVonReuenthal
Rep. LouisvilleThunder
Sen. Lechasseur
Fmr. M.P. AustralianSwingVoter
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »

It has certainly been a long time since I was a public official [snip] Polarization is at an all-time high, there is less communication, commitment, and compromise

Conincidence? I think not Tongue

100% endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »

It is very good to see you back, Saint, best of luck on the race and of course, endorsed!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:23 AM »

It has certainly been a long time since I was a public official [snip] Polarization is at an all-time high, there is less communication, commitment, and compromise

Conincidence? I think not Tongue

100% endorsed!

Thank you! Haha Smiley

It is very good to see you back, Saint, best of luck on the race and of course, endorsed!

Good to be back! Thank you very much for the endorsement!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:37 AM »

Endorsed!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 03:13:18 AM »

Thank you!
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 05:36:20 PM »

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »

Endorsed.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »

Thank you both!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 12:42:04 AM »

The election is upon us, and I would like to reiterate some policy highlights both mentioned in the current forum and outside of the forum. 

In relation to the environment, I would like to emphasize my support for renewable energy and environmental preservations, both of which I have been passionate about in past sessions.  In the Chamber of Delegates, I will be pushing for an end to Florida's algae problems, which politicians across the nation have not spent a sufficient amount of time addressing.  Environmental action is not something dependent on a Labor majority; rather, this is something supported by members of all parties and will require some of the brightest minds coming together to find the most effective solutions.  We cannot retreat to ideological corners and expect to solve these issues.

I have additionally been a supporter of education reform, specifically reducing the bureaucratic chaos that impedes the progress of students and limits their learning abilities.  My past proposals have ranged from boosting foreign language study to implementing more effective sex education curricula (as part of my position on abortion being "safe, legal, and rare"), and I look forward to introducing legislation to emphasize the need for greater STEM focus.  As I mentioned in the forum, observing members of my community engage in STEM programs has had an influence on my prospective actions as a Delegate.

Additional policy positions include being an advocate for controlled spending, sensible gun policies, freedom of speech, and religious freedom and being a protector of low taxes (especially to encourage the growth of businesses) and equal rights.

I look forward to my last few days on the campaign trail!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »

Make sure to get out and vote! All Atlasians should have their voices heard!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »

Felicitations on your triumph!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »

Congratulations on your well fought victory!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »

Congratulations on your well fought victory!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2019, 04:13:23 PM »

Thank you, everyone! I'll try to release a statement later on tonight.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 09:05:22 PM »

Good evening, Southerners!

I'm so happy to be talking to you all tonight following our amazing victory!  

First of all, I would like to take a moment of silence in remembrance of the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and all those who fought for and died in the name of civil rights.

Thank you.

I would like to thank all of you who not only came out and voted for me but also for an effective, efficient Southern government.  While the South has had problems with activity in recent months, I am certain that our legislature will be even more active and productive.  We have been blessed with four other tremendous Delegates, Delegate Alancia, Delegate CMB222, Speaker TimTurner, and Deputy Speaker Wulfric, and Governor Tmthforu4, who has never failed to show his commitment to the Southern people.  A special congratulations to them!  In addition, I would like to congratulate Delegate Tack50 and Xeuma on their efforts during this campaign, with a special thanks to Tack50 for his work in the Chamber of Delegates.

As I have continued to say throughout this campaign, I am committed to environmental protections and advancements; improvements in education, such as the STEM field; family- and business-friendly policies; and much more.  Additionally, I hope to be as receptive to my constituents as possible, listening to your concerns when they arise.  Our Chamber has been unique in being able to work despite its partisan composition, and I am confident that all Delegates will be able to find areas of agreement as we always have.

I left the Chamber of Delegates in September of 2018 because I felt that I was not doing enough for the Southern people.  I promised to return if I knew that I could give you more, and now, I know I can.  

I am so thankful for the support of the Southern people and residents of Lincoln and Fremont who supported my campaign!  Let's get to work!  God bless you all, and may God bless Atlasia!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

Well done my friend, looking forward to seeing you serve.

Well done my friend, looking forward to seeing you serve.

Thank you both!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies