Merger of fighter units could pose as a competitor to the American Jet Industry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:24:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Merger of fighter units could pose as a competitor to the American Jet Industry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Merger of fighter units could pose as a competitor to the American Jet Industry  (Read 246 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
« edited: July 22, 2018, 03:40:55 PM by PSOL »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-m-a-bae-systems/airbus-ceo-says-eyes-merger-of-its-baes-jet-fighter-units-sunday-times-idUSKBN1KB0U1
Well it looks like we are going to see better products in this industry. Thanks Dead0Man
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:30:25 PM »

Well it looks like we are heading for better products then in the industry.
one more time, but this time, try it in English.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »

I don't get this article at all.  Airbus, BAE, and Leonardo already jointly own Eurofighter.  Granted, Eurofighter serves more as a contractor coordinating the program rather than a manufacturer per se. Eurofighter ought to develop a stealthier successor to the Typhoon, but I don't see where the current business model is inhibiting that. Rather it's been the lack of a potentially large enough lead order for a new fighter right now.  Trump seems to be doing all he can to remove that roadblock.  Right now, if I were in charge of procurement for the Luftwaffe, I'd much rather have a European built alternative to the F-35 than the F-35 itself. But even with expansion of the Luftwaffe, since the other major users of the Typhoon have already ordered the F-35 for that stealthy fighter role, it difficult to see where there would be enough orders to justify anything more than an improved Typhoon using more radar absorbent materials right now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies