Concerning Butch Hartman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:52:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Concerning Butch Hartman
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concerning Butch Hartman  (Read 840 times)
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »

Butch Hartman, creator of several Nickelodeon shows such as the Fairly OddParents, and Danny Phantom; started a Kickstarter for a family-friendly streaming service called Oaxis, which is meant to be an alternative to Netflix or Hulu; only no "smutty content" (we'll get back to this later)

This all sounds harmless, but then Butch announces after the Kickstarter reaches its goal that it's going to be a Christian streaming service from the start. He never said this beforehand, thus leading to much outrage. Butch is also refusing to give refunds to those who want their money back.

The "smutty content" issue is the reason Butch thinks Oaxis needs to exist. He has an issue with Netflix and Hulu, even though they have kids section; because they also profit off of the sexual and violent content.

He also says that suicide and depression are caused by horror movies. Ironically, he has a video on his YouTube channel that is called "Horror Characters in the Fairly OddParents Style"

According to him, if you don't have experience in the same field as him; you can't criticize him.

He also said to Tara Strong that she is the reason Mary Kay Bergman killed herself.

There's an entire list I could make, but I'm really too lazy at the moment.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »

Does TimTurner know about this?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »

Now I do.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

Butch Hartman, creator of several Nickelodeon shows such as the Fairly OddParents, and Danny Phantom; started a Kickstarter for a family-friendly streaming service called Oaxis, which is meant to be an alternative to Netflix or Hulu; only no "smutty content" (we'll get back to this later)

This all sounds harmless, but then Butch announces after the Kickstarter reaches its goal that it's going to be a Christian streaming service from the start. He never said this beforehand, thus leading to much outrage. Butch is also refusing to give refunds to those who want their money back.

The "smutty content" issue is the reason Butch thinks Oaxis needs to exist. He has an issue with Netflix and Hulu, even though they have kids section; because they also profit off of the sexual and violent content.

He also says that suicide and depression are caused by horror movies. Ironically, he has a video on his YouTube channel that is called "Horror Characters in the Fairly OddParents Style"

According to him, if you don't have experience in the same field as him; you can't criticize him.

He also said to Tara Strong that she is the reason Mary Kay Bergman killed herself.

There's an entire list I could make, but I'm really too lazy at the moment.

seriously? i knew butch hartman was serious about his faith, but that is nuts
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:35:39 PM »

The fact that Butch is a really really devout Christian has been known for a long time, I'm not upset that he wants to make a Christian streaming service, what I am upset about is that he never mentioned it until the Kickstarter reached its goal, and that he wants to indoctrinate children with his religion.

Even more startling is that he's been backed by Daystar.

Daystar is a Christian television network with ties to the Bethel Church, an almost cult-like church that convinces parents that their autistic children are possessed by demons, convinces people with mental illnesses to stop taking medication, encourages pedophilia, among other things.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:54:16 PM »

Eh, nothing to see here. He's always just been a kiddie and religious-oriented version of Seth MacFarlane, maybe a bit more desperate as opposed to f*(king smug.

Same ego, same utter lack of self-awareness, same mostly low-end humor.

Created one decent show and ran it into the ground, created another good show...but less involvement, and finally, a bunch of crap. All in one rather ugly looking aesthetic with crassly shallow characters.

I mean yeah, the scamming is a bit low and the depression thing was a bit ignorant, but it's not like there was much to begin with in the first place.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »

I've been seeing people complain about him on twitter (mainly about his ultra-ego) but wow he's really gone off the deep end.
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 08:00:30 AM »

I've been seeing people complain about him on twitter (mainly about his ultra-ego) but wow he's really gone off the deep end.

Yeah, his ego is absolutely huge. He has his license plate spell out his name, says you can not criticize him because you are in his way, and during a wrap party, he thanked himself and God, nobody else.
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »

Also a relatively minor thing, but Butch made a big deal about the first word in the theme song of Danny Phantom. It's not "Yo Danny Phantom", it's "Young Danny Phantom"

Eh, nothing to see here. He's always just been a kiddie and religious-oriented version of Seth MacFarlane, maybe a bit more desperate as opposed to f*(king smug.

This looks pretty smug.

Another thing Butch has said is "my shows have Christ in them" Yeah... about that...

There's also canon male pregnancy, but I don't want to show that here.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »

The fact that Butch is a really really devout Christian has been known for a long time, I'm not upset that he wants to make a Christian streaming service, what I am upset about is that he never mentioned it until the Kickstarter reached its goal, and that he wants to indoctrinate children with his religion.

Even more startling is that he's been backed by Daystar.

Daystar is a Christian television network with ties to the Bethel Church, an almost cult-like church that convinces parents that their autistic children are possessed by demons, convinces people with mental illnesses to stop taking medication, encourages pedophilia, among other things.

Yeah, his ego is absolutely huge. He has his license plate spell out his name, says you can not criticize him because you are in his way, and during a wrap party, he thanked himself and God, nobody else.
just wow
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »

This saga is disappointing but I don't really care much about this. Butch is weirder and more flawed than I thought. Whatever. Shrug.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »

I assume it doesn't count because Tara Strong is a chick anyway? Not much I can say about Cosmo's pregnancy, though.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »

I assume it doesn't count because Tara Strong is a chick anyway? Not much I can say about Cosmo's pregnancy, though.
I think that Cosmo becoming pregnant must been Butch's way of trying to make fairies be distinguished from people or something.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »

As somebody with long history of depression, I say it's a complete bullsh**t.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies