Vote Jimmy7812 For House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:04:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Jimmy7812 For House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vote Jimmy7812 For House  (Read 1821 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »

Explain this please?

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 07:51:16 PM »

I did hope your ticket would win as it would bring new leadership by newer players to Atlasia. The only reason I didn't vote for you was I was still unsure about whether I was going stay in the Federalist Party or switch to PUP, so I got nervous at the last minute when I was about to post my ballot about who I would second preference, and ended up voting for Yankee.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »

I did hope your ticket would win as it would bring new leadership by newer players to Atlasia. The only reason I didn't vote for you was I was still unsure about whether I was going stay in the Federalist Party or switch to PUP, so I got nervous at the last minute when I was about to post my ballot about who I would second preference, and ended up voting for Yankee.
Hmm that seems to differ to your reason for not supporting Ninja  in private
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 08:07:59 PM »

A few questions that I hope you can answer
1. Can you please address your party switch from the Federalist to PUP? What do you say to those that view your move as cynical or self interested?
2. What is your exact policy on guns? It seems like you have taken contradictory positions on this issue.
3. Can you explain what specific tax rates you would propose for each group?
4. How would you reduce pollution while respecting affordability and economic growth?

1. I switched to PUP because the party is a closer fit for my beliefs and positions. Those who think this move is cynical should look at the platform I’m running on and decide for themselves whether the positions I have on the various issues generally align with PUP’s platform and beliefs, and more importantly their own.

2. I believe that access to assault weapons and high-capacity magazines should be limited. I also believe in the need for universal background checks for all gun purchases. I support implementing measures that reduce gun violence such as improving mental healthcare treatment and reducing the sale of and availability of illegal guns.

3. The income tax rates for each tax bracket would be similar to the following, with the final rates determined by the GM’s estimate of revenue:

$0 - $24,999             - 0%
$25,000 - $49,999     - 10%
$50,000 - $99,999     - 20%
$100,000 - $199,999 - 25%
$200,000 - $249,999 - 30%
$250,000 - $399,999 - 35%
$400,000 - $499,999 - 40%
$500,000 +               - 45%

4. Pollution can be reduced without excessive cost or harming economic growth by incentivizing both the development and use of renewable energy and subsidizing companies that research and create ways to make products, manufacturing processes, and development more environmentally friendly. Also, the cost of not reducing pollution, which is increasing environmental damage and climate change, will be far more costly than the price of any measures used to prevent it.
What specific gun limits do you support?
Assault weapons ban?
High captivity magazine ban?
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

Hmm that seems to differ to your reason for not supporting Ninja  in private

When speaking to someone there, I was saying how in the unlikely chance that I could appointed to some kind of position in Atlasia since Yankee was going to win at that point and I was going to lose again. My statement wasn't really a direct answer to the question that person asked.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »

A few questions that I hope you can answer
1. Can you please address your party switch from the Federalist to PUP? What do you say to those that view your move as cynical or self interested?
2. What is your exact policy on guns? It seems like you have taken contradictory positions on this issue.
3. Can you explain what specific tax rates you would propose for each group?
4. How would you reduce pollution while respecting affordability and economic growth?

1. I switched to PUP because the party is a closer fit for my beliefs and positions. Those who think this move is cynical should look at the platform I’m running on and decide for themselves whether the positions I have on the various issues generally align with PUP’s platform and beliefs, and more importantly their own.

2. I believe that access to assault weapons and high-capacity magazines should be limited. I also believe in the need for universal background checks for all gun purchases. I support implementing measures that reduce gun violence such as improving mental healthcare treatment and reducing the sale of and availability of illegal guns.

3. The income tax rates for each tax bracket would be similar to the following, with the final rates determined by the GM’s estimate of revenue:

$0 - $24,999             - 0%
$25,000 - $49,999     - 10%
$50,000 - $99,999     - 20%
$100,000 - $199,999 - 25%
$200,000 - $249,999 - 30%
$250,000 - $399,999 - 35%
$400,000 - $499,999 - 40%
$500,000 +               - 45%

4. Pollution can be reduced without excessive cost or harming economic growth by incentivizing both the development and use of renewable energy and subsidizing companies that research and create ways to make products, manufacturing processes, and development more environmentally friendly. Also, the cost of not reducing pollution, which is increasing environmental damage and climate change, will be far more costly than the price of any measures used to prevent it.
What specific gun limits do you support?
Assault weapons ban?
High captivity magazine ban?

I do support a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines similar to the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that was passed in the United States in 1994, with limited exceptions for militias and for workers in some security applications. To reduce gun violence, the penalties for buying a gun for someone who can't legally own one should be increased, law enforcement should assign more manpower for tracking down illegal guns and the people who transport or sell them, and those people caught trafficking or selling illegal guns should face greater penalties.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 10:46:17 PM »

You said you support "limits" on assault weapons and magazines, but could you be more specific than that? Should we understand that you oppose a ban on assault weapons?
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 12:13:28 PM »

You said you support "limits" on assault weapons and magazines, but could you be more specific than that? Should we understand that you oppose a ban on assault weapons?

By supporting "limits" on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, I support a ban on them for most people with some limited exceptions for people who have a real need for them, such as armed guards. It would be similar to the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »

Speech in Los Angeles, California

Hello people of Los Angeles!  I want to thank everyone who came here tonight. The elections for House are now a little more than a week away. Atlasia is currently facing many issues ranging from high unemployment to outdated infrastructure to the increasing need for game reform. I am running for House so we can fix these problems and lead Atlasia to a better future. If elected, I will fight to: reduce our high unemployment rate, improve our education system, reform the game, increase energy independence, have a cleaner environment, have better gun laws, and have modernized infrastructure.

I have endorsement from citizens and elected leaders across party lines, which include:

Fremont House of Commons Speaker Scott
House of Representatives Speaker Pericles
Lincoln Assemblyman JGibson
Lincoln Senator Adam Griffin
Lincoln Senator Ninja
New Frontier
Southern Governor tmthforu94
Vern1988

I hope I also have your support so we can take Atlasia in a new and better direction. Thank you!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »

Remember to get out to vote this weekend as the elections for House will be taking place this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »

We should find ways to increase game activity

> Complains about activity and pretends he wants to fix it
> Votes to endorse candidates for House with horrible activity records

Lyin' Jimmy strikes again!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »

Endorsed!

If the right is pissed at you I am for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies