Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:29:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4  (Read 176568 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 01, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

I will inevitably repeat myself periodically until November 2020, but it is important to remember that Trump won almost one-fifth of Voters who disapproved of him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »

FWI Trump’s at 50/49 in Rasmussen. You may now point and laugh

If they ever wonder why no one is donating to their GoFundMe, its that.

Wasn’t Rasmussen the most accurate poll of the 2016 election?

No, they werent. I'm not getting into this stupid fight with you again.

Yes they were.

Then why did you ask?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:13:15 PM »

Trump becoming beloved by the American people.

Does Torie need to give you another smackdown?

Torie should just straight out kick him out. We've seen this tired act one too many times now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

Here are the details on the two NBC polls from last week.  First, their regular monthly(ish) poll: Aug. 18-22, 900 RV (change from previous month):

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18798NBCWSJAugustPoll.pdf

Approve 46 (+1)
Disapprove 51 (-1)

Strongly approve 30 (+1)
Strongly disapprove 44 (nc)

Then they did a flash poll later in the week: Aug 22-25, 600 RV (change from the first poll):

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18852NBCWSJAugustN=600FlashPoll.pdf

Approve 44 (-2)
Disapprove 52 (+1)

Strongly approve 31 (+1)
Strongly disapprove 43 (-1)

Suggestion for the troll: take time to find all the facts before being in such a hurry to push your narrative.  You squander whatever credibility might attach to your point by being wrong.

Request for Georgia Moderate: Name another instance this year (or last year for that matter) in which a polling company did two consecutive polls and wrote up both of them instead of just doing just one.

Request for Andrew, aka Limo "Liberal", name two consecutive posts you've made in the last heard (or last year for that matter) in which you werent trolling.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »

2024 will be the watershed year. Once kids who came of age during Trump can vote, the floodgates will finally open.

Already conceding 2020? Most kids who are coming of age now (under age 16) are Trump supporters, just like their parents and grandparents.

You're either trolling or clueless. Could be both.

Both combined does seem to be beets m o nowadays
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:05:31 AM »

I've said it before, and we'll say it again periodically in till the 2020 election. Trump's, or perhaps the Republican party's, gift is that he managed last time to get proximally 1 and 8 of his voters to support him despite disapproving of him, considering him to be the lesser of two evils.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://crystalball.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/new-polls-democrats-in-decent-shape-across-the-frost-belt/

Take a look at the poll from Indiana. Trump disapproval is now over 50% in what is typically one of the toughest states for a Democrat to win. How tough? It has gone only twice for a Democratic nominee for President since 1936. It could be that the fast-growing suburbs of Indianapolis that used to be reliably Republican are no longer so reliably Republican (see also a pattern emerging in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas). It could also be that rural voters are beginning to see the harm from the trade war and the huge tax increase known as tariffs.

New Hampshire: ARG, Sep. 21-26, 897 adults (change from June)

Approve 40 (-4)
Disapprove 56 (+4)

D: 2/96
R: 64/33
Undeclared: 46/49

Here's how I rate the Frost Belt states, the states and DC mostly north of the Potomac and Ohio rivers and Iowa and Minnesota, for the Presidential election:

TOSS-UP    IN, ME-02, NE-02
TILT D  OH
LEAN D ME-AL, PA
SOLID D about everything else
SUPER-SOLID D  DC MA MD NY

Oklahoma, Right Strategies Group (whatever that is)

Trump approval 56%, disapproval 39%

http://www.therightstrategygroup.com/september-26-2018-survey.html

I would not be surprised if President Trump gets 61% of the vote in Oklahoma. I'm going on 100-DIS as the most likely electoral result for an incumbent on the assumption that the undecided usually drift toward the incumbent.  We get few polls of Oklahoma. Oklahoma was Trump's second-best state in 2016, winning 65-29 over Clinton.

55% or higher dark blue
50-54% medium blue
less than 50% but above disapproval pale blue
even white
46% to 50% but below disapproval pale red
42% to 45% medium red
under 42% deep red

States and districts hard to see:

CT 30
DC 17
DE 39
HI 33
NJ 37
RI 30
NE-01 45
NE-02 38
NE-03 55
NH 39
RI 30
VT 32

Nebraska districts are shown as 1, 2, and 3 from left to right on the map, even if they are geographically 3, 1, and 2 from west to east.

100-Disapproval

55% or higher dark blue (but must be a lead of at least 5%)
50% to 54% or higher but not tied medium blue, but must be a lead of at least 3%)
50% or higher but positive, or a margin less than 3%, pale blue

ties white

45% or higher and negative pale red
40% to 44% medium red
under 40% deep red

CT 33
DC 20
DE 43
HI 36
NH 49
NJ 37
RI 30
NE-01 55
NE-02 46
NE-03 66
RI 30
VT 36

Nebraska districts are shown as 1, 2, and 3 from left to right on the map, even if they are geographically 3, 1, and 2 from west to east.

*With the explicit question of whether the President should or should not be re-elected (AZ, FL, MI, MN, NH, OH, WI), or 100-DIS if such is all that is available:

Re-elect/do not re-elect if known; 100-DIS otherwise

100-DIS

55% or higher dark blue (but must be a lead of at least 5%)
50% to 54% or higher but not tied medium blue (but must be a lead of at least 3%)
iess than 50% positive or a margin less than 3% pale blue

ties white

45% or higher and negative pale red (or 55% do-not-reelect or higher)
40% to 44% medium red (or 50 to 54% do-not-reelect or higher)
under 40% deep red (or 50% or less do-not-reelect if do-not re-elect if do-not-reelect is higher than reelect)
Ties for elect and re-elect are also in white.

CT 41
DC 20
DE 43
FL 37-54*
HI 36
MI 28-62*
NH 41-50* (perhaps as much as 41-57, depending upon interpretation)
NJ 37
RI 30
NE-01 55
NE-02 46
NE-03 66
RI 30
VT 36

Nothing from before November 2017. The poll from Alabama is an  exit poll from the 2017 special election for a Senate seat.  

FWiw, flip Florida and South Carolina, add Nevada because it's pulling always underestimates Democrats and Trump is not going to flip it, and the medium red and better States is almost exactly what I predict as the end result in 2020 barring another Hillary ask unpopular Democrat is the nominee. Montana would be the one true toss-up state.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »

Another PDF of a national poll. Morning Consult. Morning Consult has typically gotten results more favorable to Donald Trump...

https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/180941_crosstabs_POLITICO_v1_HS.pdf

18-29   29-61
30-44  40-53
45-54  45-51
55-64  42-55
65+  51-49

(Trump has an edge among the elderly -- barely. Otherwise he fails with all age groups).

Generation Z (18-21) 29-61
Millennial (22-37) 36-55
X  (38-53) 42-53
Boom (54-72) 47-52

(Closer than usual to the definitions used by Howe and Strauss, which I will be showing in a Forum related to their theory)

Ethnicity

white 48-48
black  13-83
Latino 29-67
other  28-61

(Trump breaks even among whites in approval, and if approval and disapproval correlate strictly to voting, then Trump could not win even the "whitest" states. For example, if Trump should break even in Montana and South Dakota among whites, then the largest minority in those states, First Peoples, would be enough to decide an election against him).

Re: Age. I'm disappointed to see my Genex cohorts still relatively behind Trump. Again, relatively speaking.

When I see that senior citizens are nearly in favor of trump, but Boomers up to age 72 are somewhat opposed, I seriously Wonder what her riffic numbers there are supporting Trump from the ancient septuagenarian, octogenarian and even older voters is.

Regarding race, technically if Trump tide of a white voters Nationwide, all things being equal, he would lose all 50 states and smooth Nori's wood shift the balance against him in every state, even the whitest ones like South Dakota and Wyoming. However, of course whites don't vote consistently from place to place. Vermont's in Wyoming are going to vote markedly different from whites in Vermont.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 05:08:53 AM »

A late poll dividing one of the closest states to being a microcosm of America in politics by its own regions:

Northwest Ohio contains one fairly-large city (Toledo), one large college town (Bowling Green), the urban wreck that is Lima, and miles and miles of farmland.  The only county that he lost in northwest Ohio was Lucas County (most of greater Toledo). 100-DIS suggests that he would lose Lucas County even bigger and at least lose Wood County.

Northeast Ohio includes the old industrial cities of Cleveland(Cuyahoga), Akron (Summit), Canton (Stark), Lorain and Elyria (Lorain), and Youngstown (Mahoning).  Trump lost only Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, and Mahoning Counties in this region. I expect him to lose more here. 

Central Ohio is Greater Columbus in an otherwise-rural area, but Columbus is huge. Trump might win everything but Scioto County, which contains Greater Columbus. But Columbus is the only growing large city in Ohio, and it is not his friend.

Approval and disapproval are nearly equal in southwestern Ohio, containing Cincinnati, Dayton, and some smaller cities. Trump lost only Hamilton Country (Cincinnati). I can easily see him losing Montgomery County (Dayton). With the approval numbers for this region, he will barely win or lose it while losing northwest, northeast, and central Ohio.

Now for the good news for the President: he will not lose Ohio's southeast, most of which seems more like Kentucky or West Virginia, both of which he will win in 2020 -- if not by the overwhelming numbers that he had in 2016. Trump did lose Athens County and will lose it again -- but he won't lose anything else in southeastern Ohio. 

2016 in Ohio, decisive Trump win:

2012 in Ohio, bare Obama win:

First off, Scioto is not Central Ohio. It's directly south on the point.

Secondly, Don't assume Trump will only lose Athens County in the SE. IF (big if) we're including 08 and 12 in the consideration along with 16, don't forget Obama very narrowly lost Hocking, Perry, Ross, Pike (by only 1 vote in 2012!), and Scioto. Yes, the area swung yugely for Trump, but anyone want to give me a reason it can't swing back just as hard against President Billionaire?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »

Posted in a thread about the 2020 election:

Say what you want about FoX Propaganda Channel, but at least it does good polling.

December 9-11

Approve: 46% (strongly 27%)
Disapprove 52% (strongly 42%)

But how do people think they will be voting?

This is worse, and likely more accurate and relevant , than my cautious measure of 100-DISapproval as a predictor of a re-election bid for an incumbent if I dislike the President (or other incumbent).

This is  how people see the 2020 Presidential election shaping up:

This is consistent with polls of six state polls of a few months back by Marist polling that a majority of voters in Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin in which a majority wanted someone other than Donald Trump to be elected President in 2020. Trump lost only one of those states (barely), won four of them by margins less than 4%, and won two by 8% or more. I shall try to recover that information. I took that data as overpowering evidence that President Trump would lose a re-election bid.

That is not to say that some other Republican would lose as the Republican nominee as President.Thus if he were to cease being President due to resignation, death, or incapacitation such data would become completely irrelevant.  This also does not say that the Democrat would get 55%, let alone 61%, of the popular vote; if only 39% of the electorate chooses to vote for Donald Trump, then such implies that a conservative alternative is getting at least 6% of the popular vote.

If I am to use Jimmy Carter as a model of an electoral failure in a re-election bid (and I cannot see Trump doing much worse), then it is possible that the vote splits 51 (about what Obama did in 2008) - 41 Trump - 6 for someone who offers  a more traditional sort of conservatism. Anyone 45 or older is familiar with such an election. That is how Reagan did in 1980, winning all but 49 electoral votes.

Let me make this abundantly clear: Jimmy Carter is a man of integrity and decency; he is about as good a person as Donald Trump isn't.  But know this well: we have never had a President with such pervasive and systematic corruption as Donald Trump. I could have as easily spoken of Herbert Hoover, whose re-election bid is so far back that one would be almost as old as Jimmy Carter to remember. Hoover managed to get about 40% of the popular vote and 59 electoral votes in 1932 after bungling the response to the worst economic meltdown in eighty years -- before or after. But Hoover was at least a man of integrity and personal decency.

I can think of scenarios in which either Mike Pence or even Paul Ryan becomes President and runs for re-election in 2020; in either case everything that I say about a Trump bid for re-election becomes irrelevant.

Here is some old polling data asking the question in three states:

This is from July, so this data is already obsolete.

Marist polls asking the question of "elect or not re-elect" went

Arizona 35-57
Florida 37-54
Ohio 34-58

in June.

All in all I suspect that those last three states are more Republican than the US as a whole, so the old Marist polls might now overstate current opinion on whether to elect or not re-elect the President. Arizona and Florida have shown themselves close to the national average, and the 8% margin that Trump won Ohio by will not hold up. I am guessing that the FoX News numbers show America with 6% more proclivity to vote for President Trump than Marist polls showed in June and July.  So adding 6% to 're-elect' and take 4% from 'elect someone else', and one gets

AZ 41-51
FL 43-48
MI 34-56
MN 36-54
OH 40-52
WI 37-57

(Regrettably I have no numbers on any other states except for a poll in New Hampshire that I must reject for comparison due to some ambiguity as an analogue. Trump was doing badly there).

The variance from the national average with an assumption that the Marist polls are off by 6% from current reality (they may have been accurate in the summer, but that is past)  are

AZ R+2
FL R+4
MI D+5
MN D+3
OH R+1
WI D+2

I would love to see results for some other states: Georgia, Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.  On the other hand, we may see a Presidency imploding in the wake of prison terms for some Trump associates. I have 94 electoral votes  accounted -- 94 of the most critical electoral votes of 2020.

I never buy these races against some mythical generic Democrat or someone else. There are lots of people who dislike Trump who will hold their nose to vote for him, just like last time, when presented with a demonized version of an actual flesh-and-blood alternative candidate. Hillary Clinton is a course exhibit a.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 11:44:19 PM »

When President Trump is even in Georgia in approval and disapproval  (no Democratic nominee has won the  state since 1992) and Texas (no Democratic nominee has won the state since 1976), he is in deep trouble. 

The key is Trump, like all politicians, but to a greater degree in his case, can convince a number of Voters who disapprove of him to still hold their nose and pull the lever for him in the voting booth. Republicans tend to be better at this than Democrats in demonizing their opponent. Hillary Clinton was a perfect example.

In short, while I think Trump is on borrowed time, don't underestimate the number of people who will still potentially choose him as the lesser of two evils.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 08:31:21 AM »

When President Trump is even in Georgia in approval and disapproval  (no Democratic nominee has won the  state since 1992) and Texas (no Democratic nominee has won the state since 1976), he is in deep trouble. 

The key is Trump, like all politicians, but to a greater degree in his case, can convince a number of Voters who disapprove of him to still hold their nose and pull the lever for him in the voting booth. Republicans tend to be better at this than Democrats in demonizing their opponent. Hillary Clinton was a perfect example.

In short, while I think Trump is on borrowed time, don't underestimate the number of people who will still potentially choose him as the lesser of two evils.

In 2016, Trump did, at the end of the day, dominate among voters who disapproved of both candidates.

Per CNN's exit poll:

both unfavorable 18%

Clinton 30%   
Trump 47%   
Other 23%

(Nearly the entirety of Other came from the both unfavorable camp)

The question is how many of those "Disapprove of both, vote Trump" voters are because Trump was the change option in 2016: the GOP were out of the White House and he represented a shift. He's now an incumbent president.

Excellent analysis. I wondered the same thing, but didn't bother to extend my post. I do think that that is a difference, Mikado. For some of the reasons P Brower mentions about people willing to aim for a change. I think break towards Trump's favor the same way it did for years ago. Nevertheless, don't discount the ability for Republican party operatives and frightening media's spearheaded, but not exclusive to, Fox News to utterly demonize the Democratic presidential candidate. Likewise, don't underestimate the ability for conservatively glowing post swing voters to still accept Trump as somehow being the lesser of two evils.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 03:34:48 PM »

Just a little bit of attention whoring here. My wife just now received a call and was pulled by Gallup. It had an approval rating for Trump, plus questions on how various groups in America are being treated, such as gays and lesbians, African Americans, immigrants, Muslims and Christians. She answered very dissatisfied regarding Trump because, she told me, sh**ty was not an option. Smiley . God I love her.

She also said very poorly regarding how all these various subsets of people are being treated in America, except somewhat poorly for Christians. Her thinking there is that because Christians, including Progressive Christians like us are often given a bad rap because were lumped in with religious right types.

I'm so proud of her having her own opinions and everything! And yes, I said that just to get that awesome steely-eyed glare of death from her right now. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 07:36:30 PM »

The fact Barr and Mueller not only have a long professional relationship that are personally close has been the subject of multiple media reports over the last couple weeks. How could TV watcher Trump miss this?

I have to admit, that personal relationship and bars comments thus far have led me to believe he's the best possible choice that Trump could have inadvertently made for a g at this time. While news that Trump was totally taken off guard about this relationship could possibly be a head fake planted in the news by the White House to shore up support for bar, it just seems to ring true about the moron in Chief.

If Trump truly was unaware of this, I'm all for bars confirmation. It demonstrates that because of that memo he wrote he thought he was getting Appliance gopher boy, what is in actuality found someone that it will stand firm as much or more than sessions did, let alone Whitaker.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2019, 10:02:32 AM by Badger »

I cannot come up with a map that shows what the political map looks like on Election Day if Trump ends up with 43% of the vote.  Can anyone?

Something like this?

If Trump gets 43% of the vote Nationwide, flip Texas as well. Yes, Texas.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »

I cannot come up with a map that shows what the political map looks like on Election Day if Trump ends up with 43% of the vote.  Can anyone?

Something like this?

If Bush gets 43% of the vote Nationwide, flip Texas as well. Yes, Texas.

Bush? Wink

Very possible that Texas would also flip, and Missouri as well. 

Woops! I of course meant Trump.

Actually, I would put Montana flipping before Missouri at 43%, they both are possibilities at that rate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 06:02:50 PM »

This is new, right?

I have a hard time believing Trump would be so unpopular in an inelastic state like Georgia.

We've been discussing this poll in the Georgia thread on the gubernatorial/statewide board.  It's been suggested that Democrats are overweighted.

With those favorability numbers on Abrams and Kemp, I'd have to think so. Election Shenanigans by Kemp alone does not explain the discrepancy between those poll numbers and the election results two months ago.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 06:28:53 PM »

Exactly. That's why it's foolish to ever count him out. I won't feel confident about him losing until election day 2020 if the Democrat attains 270 electoral votes.

Or 269, unless The House flips

Actually, because the House votes for President by States, if the current House voted, Trump would win 26-22-2.

...and that is when things get really messy, with Wyo0ming counting as much as California.

Should there be any electoral reform through Constitutional Amendment,  I can easily see the national popular vote being the first tier of selection followed by the current mechanism. (I suggest at least one more than 45% for an adequate plurality. (That would have pushed the election to the Electoral College in 1912, 1968, and 1992 -- but in such cases, Wilson, Nixon, and Clinton would have won those three-way races.

The new tier applied to 2000 would have given us Al Gore and in 2016 would have given us Hillary Clinton. American experience with Dubya and especially Trump would make such a reform attractive.

Another method would be to apportion the electoral vote by state based upon shares of the total vote, but that is a complicated formula which I have discussed elsewhere. It does reflect federal representation so that (for now) California gets 55 and Wyoming gets 3. 

That's like saying a basketball team would have won if three point shots were worth 10 points.

It's our system, deal with it.

No, that's like saying three point shots are worth three points at one end of the core, but only one point at the other end.

It's a f*****-up system, and trust me, we're seeking to "deal with it" the same way one deals with a rabid raccoon.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 05:04:40 AM »

The  rationale behind the Electoral College is that the States, and not the People, elect the President. It works against  certain forms of vote fraud (let us say a state having fabricated 90 million votes) or having a veritable single-Party system in which the second-largest Party is effectively shut out, as was true in much of the post-Reconstruction South. Thus the Electoral College recognizes no difference between winning a state 51-48 or winning it 81-18 in assessing the value of the votes. Thus if democracy failed in one state that state would not have inordinate power in the federal government.

The problem is that minorities within states become irrelevant -- like blacks in most of the South. maybe rural interests in New York State -- even if they are significant.  I want to see Democratic Presidential candidates seeking votes among Mexican-Americans in Texas, and I want Republican Presidential candidates seeking votes among agricultural interests in California.  Minorities matter in close elections.   
Agreed, but the EC also makes sure that rural and small-town voters aren't marginalized in the political process at the expense of the cities and the coasts.

Not true. Without the Electoral College a voter in a rural areas vote counts exactly as much as a voter in a city. It's the Electoral College that twists that math up.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »

A state that could well matter in 2020, one that Trump really must win.

Florida, Mason-Dixon: 47-50 approval vs. disapproval.

Re-elect 45%. Replace 46%. Not sure 9%.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000168-7cef-de11-af7d-feff7b080001

Trump approval:

With cumulative electoral vote totals in each category.

55% and higher
50-54%
49% or less and positive
tie (white)
44-49% and negative 80
40-43% 13
under 40%  43

An asterisk will be applied to any state in which the President's approval rating is above 43% for which the disapproval rating is 50% or higher.

No segregation of districts in Maine and Nebraska -- yet.

40 more states, and 409 electoral votes to go!

Considering the number of individuals who will vote for Trump despite "disapproving" of him, those numbers would probably be sufficient for him to narrowly carry the state again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »

Generic Not-Trump numbers =/= actual Dem challenger numbers. C'mon, let's not be dense here.

That's true.  But this is an important point:

Let's not forget that Trump essentially drew an inside straight to eke out a win in 2016.  If he loses ground anywhere, he's toast.

That's assuming this lasts and that his Democratic opponent's favorable ratings don't get dragged down to his level again. For now though, he is definitely in a worse position for re-election than Bush or Obama ever were.

Very true. However, I fully expect that after 6 to 12 months of nonstop savaging whomever the Democratic nominee is as a Godless socialist promoting mandatory abortions after they take all your guns, running 24/7 throughout Fox News and other right-wing media plus the entire angry white middle-aged social media demographic, that a substantial share of that 14% of Republicans, plus a non insignificant share of conservative independents, whom now say they'll never vote for Trump will eventually hold their nose and come home.

It's still won't be nearly enough to save him if the rest of these numbers are even close to what happens on Election Day, though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »

I suspect there will be, eventually, a Resurgence in the whole run government like a business thing using the argument that of course Trump doesn't count because history proved he was a lousy corrupt businessman. Ironically, that argument will be put forth by many of the same people, or at least their ideological heirs, who backed Trump in the first place.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2019, 08:05:25 PM »

Arizona: PPP, Jan. 24-25, 682 RV (2020 ballot test)

Trump 46
Democratic opponent 50

Senate:

McSally 40
Someone new 54

Wow on Trump, but yowza on McSally!

Not sure if this is what you meant by wow , but those are actually relatively strong numbers for Trump considering nonspecific candidates like generic Democrat or generic Republican always run better in polling than an actual flesh-and-blood fallible named candidate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »

Do other countries voters have such goldfish level memories? I'm certain voters in other nations will eventually forget bad things and good over time, but I'm amazed at how Americans seem to stick with their political opinions shorter than the lifespan of trending YouTube videos.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »

Quinnipiac, March 1-4, 1120 RV (change from late Jan.)

Approve 38 (nc)
Disapprove 55 (-2)

Strongly approve 28 (-1)
Strongly disapprove 46 (-4)

These two questions are interesting:

35. Do you think that President Trump committed any crimes before he was president, or
don't you think so?

Yes 64
No 24

(R: 33/48, D: 89/5, I: 65/23)

36. Do you think that President Trump has committed any crimes while he has been
president, or don't you think so?

Yes 45
No 43

(R: 12/79, D: 75/15, I: 46/38)

Wow! So a third of Republicans think Trump committed crimes yet still support him? That is so par for the course that it's depressing.

" both sides do it! Do you really think Democrats are angels? He was in a tough business, so what do you expect? Do you want a wimp in the White House?"

Or alternatively, " I really don't approve of Trumps ethics or behavior before he was president, but it is so important that we reverse years of liberal judges forcing their politically correct social experiments on ordinary Christian Americans oh, that it's too important to stop the liberals and the Socialists from running the country."

I've said it before and I've said it again Benedict Arnold betrayed General Washington in exchange for command of West Point. Judas betrayed Christ for 30 pieces of silver. The Republicans will betray America for tax cuts and a right-wing judiciary.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies