Legislation: National Military Act of 1791 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: National Military Act of 1791 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: National Military Act of 1791 (Passed)  (Read 692 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2018, 02:35:44 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2018, 01:08:26 PM by Lumine »

National Military Act of 1791

Be it resolved,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

From the Sponsor:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:07:58 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

The necessity of this measure is made only more plain by the late mutiny of the Pennsylvania militia, now subdued, and by the news newly had from the Northwest of Indian raids along our frontier. What I have said before, I will now say again: the security of the people is a duty of government more serious than any save the defense of their liberty, and this Assembly would indeed be no government at all, were it to refuse to defend the inhabitants of this country from aggressors internal or external.

I vote that the measure proposed by the gentleman from Charlottesville be passed without amendment, and advise all Whigs to follow so.

I yield my time to the chair.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I will continually object to the persistence of standing armies in times of peace. It is clear, however, while Indian raids persist along our frontier, that we are not living in times of peace, and may not truly be at peace until this continent is brought firmly under American rule. To defend our homes and families against imminent danger, the Western faction shall support this legislation.

I yield.
Galaxie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

It is welcome to see that this Congress has come to its senses regarding our national military.

I intend full support of this Act, just as I did before when it was under Hamiltonian sponsorship. May our Senate follow suit.

I yield.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

Our nation is facing threats from the east with the British who we have very unfriendly relationships with then to the west we have rabid Indians looking for blood. The time is now that we build an army that will defend this nation.

This bill is also very fundable since Robert Morris has graciously allowed us to forgive his debts to the nation which would make this legislation fundable.

The Patriot faction is in full support of this legislation.

I yield
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 01:08:15 PM »

Debate having been closed, the Speaker called for a vote:

National Assembly Vote:

Moving into the final vote, the result was 56 in favor, 6 against, 4 abstentions.

Senate and President:

After a brief debate in the Senate the National Military Act of 1791 passed with 21 votes in favor, 4 against, 3 abstentions and was promptly signed into law by President Hancock.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies