Legislation: National Coinage Act of 1791 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:42:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: National Coinage Act of 1791 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: National Coinage Act of 1791 (Passed)  (Read 967 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: July 27, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

By using gold in some of these coins this will make this bill unfundable and I cannot support something that is unfundable. This cannot pass, I will not stand to let it pass. I and the rest of my Patriots are fully against this legislation.

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I very much opposed to the use of gold since at the level that it will be used for the coins to be produced will cost too much and make it unfundable as I stated earlier. With the amount this country is in debt, I cannot see this country go further down into debt.

At this moment, I believe that all the coins should be made out of the cheaper copper which will make this less unfundable. I also would like to get rid of the half-cent which is too small and will cost too much to make even when it is made out of copper.

Before I yield, I will like to address Mr. Morris attacks on my character and my values. I am so sorry that you don't care about our national debt but my constituents do and that is why I will constantly talk about the debt of our nation. They fear it will cause a debt crisis and I don't think our young nation can handle that. Our economy is being dragged down by our debt and I will not stand by and let it happen. A government should function like a business and a business that is in debt is a failing business. The government must do something so we don't continue to drive our nation into financial failure. I will never apologize for caring about our national debt or economy.

Also, near the end of your speech, you said "we as a nation may not be of great wealth as of yet" and we never will be if we continue to drive this country into debt.

I yield
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies