Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:12:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24836 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »

Now talking as the ACLO's press secretary and not a private citizen:

Official ACLO Ratings for Senate and Lincoln Council

Fremont Senate:

Ontario Progressive
Grading: A
Explanation: ON Prog has been a splendid voice for the rights of labor in this country. He introduced an amendment that took out at least one of the many bad regulation repeals, repealing a section of the Clean Air Act regarding CO2. He has also picked up many pro-workers regulations in the Senate like the Transactions Fairness Act and the Worker Retention & Firing Act. If elected he will remain a voice for the workers of Fremont

Southern Senate

Weatherboy
Grading: A-
Explanation: While his presidency was marked by inactivity, the workers of this country can thank him for 2 important things. First he ended the war in Korea that had killed many thousands of Atlasians. Secondly he repealed right to work regulations that directly harmed the right of workers to organize and fight for their rights. Senator Weatherboy will be a good voice for the workers of the South

Vern
Grading: D
Explanation: As Senator he has not really tackled the issue of worker's rights directly other than through a few indirect votes. He voted in favour of the Dumb Regulations repeal and the ironically named "Woke Worker Protection Act". If his Presidential platform is any indication, he will not fight for the rights of labour in this country at all. However he is nowhere near the worst offender on this regard, which says less about him than about other federal legislators.

Lincoln Senate
As both Press Secretary of the ACLO and candidate on this race, there is a big conflict of interest for me on this race, so this race shall be rated by Chairman PSOL.

Lincoln Council Special:

PSOL
Grading: A+
Explanation: As the person who revived a once dead labor union he deserves recognition. He also has been one of the most active civilians, constantly fighting for the rights of labour in this country through lobbying legislators. If he is elected to the Council, he will do the same he has been doing until now and be a tireless voice for labor.

Wazza
Grading: N/A
Explanation: With no platform, no prior record and not even commenting in Atlasia lately, he can't really be graded. The Federalist party traditionally has not been a strong supporter of worker's rights but Wazza himself has done nothing he can be graded on, for better or worse.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2019, 05:16:58 PM »

I fear I have to side with the Congresswoman here. The Employees Must Be Legal Act is overall a positive bill.

We should encourage businesses to hire legal inmigrants who get all the rights of labour in this country, not illegal inmigrants who can easily be exploited by their bosses.

I have always been of the opinion that we must have a tough line against illegal inmigration, but to compensate we need to loosen inmigration restrictions and allow those same inmigrants to come in legally. To that effect I also echo Jimmy's concerns even if I would personally vote differently.

Finally to clarify just in case, the above is a statment I am doing as a private citizen and not endorsed or authorized by the ACLO.

To add on to what Tack said, I'll stress yet again that the situation in Atlasia is not the same as the situation IRL! Under the Come Out of the Shadows Act, illegal immigrants present in Atlasia prior to the bill's passage can come forward and apply for a conditional nonimmigrant visa that allows them to legally work and travel in Atlasia. Per the GM report released last March, over 3 million undocumented immigrants have come forward to apply for said visa. If these workers are as important as Jimmy argues, then they should easily be able to qualify for the visa, since the applicant will be able to "Attest to having made contributions to the U.S. through employment, education, military service, or other volunteer/community service (with exemptions for minors, persons with disabilities, the elderly, or other unusual circumstances)."
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2019, 07:21:46 AM »

Since Wazza now has a platform, he can finally be given a proper rating

Lincoln Council Special:

Wazza
Grading: D-
Explanation: Wazza's platform calls for austerity, business deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy, all goals that the ACLO frontally opposes. He does have the silver lining of supporting environmental regulations and the carbon tax. I considered an F rating (or a weird F+ rating), but since he is a new Atlasian we will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a D- score, but he will need to change a lot of the platform if he wants a higher score.

On hindsight I think Vern's grade was a bit low (maybe deserving a D+ or C-), but I will cling to the current one for now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 05:57:11 PM by tack50 »

After a bit more research, here are more ratings:

Official ACLO ratings for House, June 2019

Razze
Explanation: Razze has been a consistent voice for workers rights in this country, supporting many good bills like the End Corporate Bidding Act and the Co-Determination act; and rejecting the bad George Soros Day Act. The only thing he is missing is some actual laws or amendment proposed by himself, but he will be a strong voice for workers regardless.

Wulfric
Explanation: The person who brought austerity to the South through regional PAYGO and cuts in healthcare and education when they could be avoided, Wulfric has consistently voted against many of the goals of this organization. Wulfric can't be counted upon to stand for the workers of this country.

fhtagn
Grading: F
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

Jackson Hitchcock
Grading: B
Explanation: A bit more clarity on the issues directly related to worker's rights would be appreciated, but overall Jackson Hitchock's platform has many more positives than negatives, being a strong supporter of healthcare and wanting increased infrastructure investment.

JGibson
Explanation: A very similar case to Razze's, JGibson has been a strong vote for the workers of this country supporting ACLO supported bills and opposing the same bills as this organization. Again just like Razze the only thing missing would be some amendments or bills proposed by himself.

YE
Explanation: The Labor/Pax nominee in the last presidential election, YE has been a strong voice for the workers of the West in his time in Parliament, supporting better healthcare through Medical Care Act 2.0 and the Medical Transparency Act. YE might be one of the strongest legislators for workers in Atlasia.

ReaganClinton
Grading: C-
Explanation: The former governor of Lincoln, his track record while in office was hit and miss. He supported farmers through the Act for Lincoln's Farms and increased education through the "Education is good Early Act". However his time in office also included many attacks on the workers of Lincoln, most notably the passage of the Right to Work Act of 2018. RC's track record is very inconsistent and his apparent support of right to work should rightfully scare all workers of Atlasia, but he is also not the worst we can do.

Alancia
Grading: C
Explanation: The most inactive Representative, we can't really judge Alancia much on his votes (other than abstaining on the Corporate bidding Act). He does self-identify as a centre-leftist economically and supported some pro-worker legislation, so we will give him the benefit of the doubt even if he is a big question mark in some aspects.

lfromnj
Grading: F
Explanation: A supporter of austerity and cuts in Lincoln and someone who has voted against most pro-worker legislation in the region like the Fair Wages Act Amendment and the Keep the Workplace Safe Act, lfromnj will not be a positive force for the workers of this country, but rather the opposite.

TeaPartyHater
Explanation: TPH has thankfully posted a detailed platform in his campaign thread. Said platform is compatible with the ACLO's goals for the most part even if it's a bit vague or not ideal on some aspects. It is a shame though that his votes in the House have not matched this organization's goals. We can do worse than TPH in the House, but we could also do much better.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

You guys do realize the bill honoring the Koch family was only in response to the George Soros bill, right?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:33 PM »

You guys do realize the bill honoring the Koch family was only in response to the George Soros bill, right?
Wealth worshipping of any kind is harmful to the interests of the Atlasian Worker. We don’t engage in cultish worship of wealth that will always be a random chance.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Wealth worshipping of any kind is harmful to the interests of the Atlasian Worker. We don’t engage in cultish worship of wealth that will always be a random chance.
I'm saying if you cared about consistency you'd acknowledge that the bill honoring the Koch family was just as much of a meme as the George Soros bill.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »

The bill, along with others commemorating wealthy individuals who game the system with legal loopholes, should not be even considered to come to fruition.

Is this not enough? Commenting on a done deal that ended before I was even starting my tenure as chair.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2019, 02:51:11 PM »

With the End Corporate Bidding Act voting procedure coming to a close, it is clear that it will end in failure. The A.C.L.O. rank-and-file are disappointed at the failure of the Labor party for preventing its passage. Even so, there is a chance that a modified version would pass in the assembly. While I much preferred the bill in its original form, any start would be appreciated, so I urge for the members of the left to sponsor and pass it through.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »

I feel like the George Soros bill should be enough to disqualify MB from an A+ rating, considering the way this organization has ranked other individuals.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

fhtagn
Grading: F-
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

Literally no one cares about the ACLO, but thanks for clarifying Smiley

Are we allowed to bring up a vote to give a grade below F- or censure someone?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

fhtagn

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2019, 01:58:40 PM »

fhtagn

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.

No, no, please continue visibly displaying your callous attitude towards the working families of the A.C.L.O let all the truth be seen by all.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
HB 18-40: Commonsense Welfare Reform Act
The so called “Commonsense” Welfare Reform Act is another way to institute a pro-business agenda by sabotaging the functionality of the Atlasian governments’ official organs so as to prevent a failing policy as “proof” of further cuts, a common ploy by those backed by Big Money. Section II erroneously combines numerous functions and agencies under one body without care for budgetary concerns, bureaucratic holdups, and friction in the application of the body. It puts to jeopardy the health concerns of food, employee training programs, and other programs that are used by the working class of Atlasia. Further down the bill, Section III overhauls the entire welfare system of the nation. They cancel a host of “redundant” programs targeting lower income Atlasians in Section III Clause 5 and 6. The section also includes restrictions put on eligible applicants, such as the restriction of buying gum. With all these negatives, there is light that saves this bill from the hovel, such as the restrictions of wealthy Atlasians from accessing payment (S.IV C.g) and the removal of unnecessarily blocking those who have a felony from accessing SNAP payments (S.III C.2).

SB: Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+
The bill Finally gets rid of the shameful designation of Atlasia being the only major economy without PTO. It is unfair that Atlasian workers are subject to threats of termination and poverty from having to call in sick for work, and this bill provides a start. Emphasis on the start, the bill doesn’t go far enough in providing enough time for all of the specific purposes needing PTO. While the workers of Atlasia would like a start, the fact of the matter is that this bill needs more in the way of revision to provide ample benefits deserved by the workers

SB series: Dumb Regulations Repeal Acts
Time and time again, this series of senate bills has threatened common sense regulations with its malicious euphemism of a “dumb” law. I would gladly point out every piece of anti-worker drivel it is drenched in, but such a task would be too exhaustive on this organization. I do recommend that revisions be put in place to save the few nuggets of positive change they bring at times, which would require massive excising of the acts in question.

Lincoln
L.C. 2.28: Resolution to Establish the Budget of the Lincoln Government
Grading: B-
The current rendition of the Lincoln budget is good in its allocations of funds, less so its methods. The bill establishes a Luxury tax and a somewhat progressive tax rate on property, but the Atlasian worker would be concerned about the flat taxes on transportation costs. While we at the A.C.L.O. Recognize the need to change human habits for the sustained existence as a species, a flat tax is inherently viewed as regressive. A change to a progressive variation of it would be much obliged, not falling into the same pitfalls of Yellow Vest protests that continues to rock France.

The South
N/A

Fremont
FT 12-06: Fremont Farm Bill of 2019
The issues present in the first draft have been revised. Now, the bill offers sweeping protection of workers’ rights. It prohibits the abuse of child workers and its language implicitly protects migrant workers. Without the DDT section, this is wholly endorsed as a good bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2019, 02:52:19 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 03:18:27 PM by Lumine »

SB series: Dumb Regulations Repeal Acts
Time and time again, this series of senate bills has threatened common sense regulations with its malicious euphemism of a “dumb” law. I would gladly point out every piece of anti-worker drivel it is drenched in, but such a task would be too exhaustive on this organization. I do recommend that revisions be put in place to save the few nuggets of positive change they bring at times, which would require massive excising of the acts in question.

With the greatest of respect to the A.C.L.O, it has been extremely problematic in the Senate that debate has not taken place on bills such as this, particularly as those who are critical of these bills have failed to offer reasons, motivations or justifications, only turning up to vote against.

Congress being supposed to be a deliberative body - third time I press this point lately -, would it be so demanding for Senators or indeed for a multi-member organization such as this one to actually foster and promote debate by outlining a clearer position instead of what seems merely politically convenient?

We often press the point there isn't enough debate in the game or that sometimes there isn't proper scrutiny of stuff, and actually outlining why a given piece of legislation should not be enacted in detail would be an excellent place to start the change to the benefit of the game.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2019, 03:11:30 PM »

The bill Finally gets rid of the shameful designation of Atlasia being the only major economy without PTO. It is unfair that Atlasian workers are subject to threats of termination and poverty from having to call in sick for work, and this bill provides a start. Emphasis on the start, the bill doesn’t go far enough in providing enough time for all of the specific purposes needing PTO. While the workers of Atlasia would like a start, the fact of the matter is that this bill needs more in the way of revision to provide ample benefits deserved by the workers
I contest this rating (and also the use of yellow font, which no one can read) - the bill was shown to the ACLO Chair before being introduced for feedback and garnered his support with no concerns mentioned. It was also discussed in the Domestic Policy Council (which includes ACLO members) where no concerns were raised. The bill is a great increase from status quo for workers rights. There is a lack of consistency in ratings, as bills that do far less to advance workers rights have received a higher rating.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »

I contest this rating (and also the use of yellow font, which no one can read) - the bill was shown to the ACLO Chair before being introduced for feedback and garnered his support with no concerns mentioned. It was also discussed in the Domestic Policy Council (which includes ACLO members) where no concerns were raised. The bill is a great increase from status quo for workers rights. There is a lack of consistency in ratings, as bills that do far less to advance workers rights have received a higher rating.
While the A.C.L.O. wholeheartedly supports the start of PTO, including this bill, we must be on point to reach above and beyond for what we feel is best for the working Atlasian population. We wholeheartedly endorse the bill if its likelihood to pass is greater than a renegotiation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »

While the A.C.L.O. wholeheartedly supports the start of PTO, including this bill, we must be on point to reach above and beyond for what we feel is best for the working Atlasian population. We wholeheartedly endorse the bill if its likelihood to pass is greater than a renegotiation.
Multiple members of ACLO, including yourself, saw this bill before it was introduced and all expressed support. Every piece of feedback we received during the DPC meeting was included in this bill. Would have loved to work with your members on how this bill can be improved before introducing, instead, everyone just said they liked it and stayed quiet...until now when you give a poor rating out of the blue!!

If you actually want to see improvements to this bill, I suggest reaching out to myself, Devout Centrist (the bill sponsor) and other senators and members of Congress. Giving a poor rating and saying it doesn't go far enough doesn't do anything to improve workers lives - what WILL help is taking action and working with members of the executive and legislative branch on improvements, people who have shown to be more than willing to work with you!!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »

As a member of the A.C.L.O I am bringing forth a motion that will be up to vote until 5pm eastern time this friday to censure house member Fhtagn for taking steps that are above and beyond to harm the working class families of Atlasia.

1. For standing against most all A.C.L.O legislation, and doing so proudly.

2. Noting these circumstances that Fhtagn used to be a supporter of the working families in previous ideologies, making what is going on now even more heinous, and a betrayal.

3. Consistently belittling good members of the A.C.L.O and attempting to pass anti-worker legislation under trojan horse style (battle tactic not virus) methods of packaging it as for the working class.

4. Making fun and smearing the A.C.L.O and its many important and commendable roles in Atlasia.

5. For embodying ideologies and methods that are even beneath a F- rating, and heavily deserving of censure.

6. Due to these reasons and more, it is in the best interest of working families to hereby formally censure house member Fhtagn.

Yes []

No []

Abstain []
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »

As a member of the A.C.L.O I am bringing forth a motion that will be up to vote until 5pm eastern time this friday to censure house member Fhtagn for taking steps that are above and beyond to harm the working class families of Atlasia.

1. For standing against most all A.C.L.O legislation, and doing so proudly.

2. Noting these circumstances that Fhtagn used to be a supporter of the working families in previous ideologies, making what is going on now even more heinous, and a betrayal.

3. Consistently belittling good members of the A.C.L.O and attempting to pass anti-worker legislation under trojan horse style (battle tactic not virus) methods of packaging it as for the working class.

4. Making fun and smearing the A.C.L.O and its many important and commendable roles in Atlasia.

5. For embodying ideologies and methods that are even beneath a F- rating, and heavily deserving of censure.

6. Due to these reasons and more, it is in the best interest of working families to hereby formally censure house member Fhtagn.

Yes [X]

No []

Abstain []
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2019, 03:41:44 PM »

Yes
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

Yes
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »

This is hilarious, adorable, and literally means nothing.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »

Yes!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »

This is hilarious, adorable, and literally means nothing.

It means enough that you had to post about it though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies