Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24788 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »

This is hilarious, adorable, and literally means nothing.

Folks, keep. it. up. Vote yes
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2019, 03:48:30 PM »

Yes.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

Official ACLO ratings for House, June 2019
fhtagn
Grading: F-
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

Literally no one cares about the ACLO, but thanks for clarifying Smiley

Are we allowed to bring up a vote to give a grade below F- or censure someone?

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.

No, no, please continue visibly displaying your callous attitude towards the working families of the A.C.L.O let all the truth be seen by all.

Not a single one of my voters is going to care about what you, or anyone else in this sham of a special interest group thinks. I just think it's funny that you went out of your way to single me out on my campaign thread with the ACLO rating, yet didn't feel the need to post the ratings of everyone else on their threads.

But hey, if it makes you feel useful, go for it. At least it's not attacking Peebs over her gender identity again.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 04:39:16 PM by Bagel23 »

"Our Healthcare"

My name's Billy Jean Arbuckle and I served two years in the army until I got hit with shrapnel near a major artery by my pelvis. I came home wounded and I was told I would need expensive treatments and care for the rest of life, and I was covered. That is until Fhtagn and her corporate, corrupt, insider buddies took my healthcare away. Her plans knowingly attack those we have to defend, the hungry, the sick, the needy, the worn, a principle and people I fought for, that Atlasia was built on. But Fhtagn and her posse stand against that, and us.

I ask you with zeal in my heart, please remember us when casting your ballot this month.

(sources: https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=114165&picture=veteran-of-battle-of-the-bulge

https://www.pexels.com/photo/group-of-veterans-1582492/  )

Message is approved and sponsored by the Atlasian Foodstuffs Union.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.

No, no, please continue visibly displaying your callous attitude towards the working families of the A.C.L.O let all the truth be seen by all.

Not a single one of my voters is going to care about what you, or anyone else in this sham of a special interest group thinks. I just think it's funny that you went out of your way to single me out on my campaign thread with the ACLO rating, yet didn't feel the need to post the ratings of everyone else on their threads.

But hey, if it makes you feel useful, go for it. At least it's not attacking Peebs over her gender identity again.
Its called the people's house for a reason. If you are actively saying "I do not care about your voice because you are not going to vote for me", you are far too divisive for your own good.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »

fhtagn

Well, you were the only one with an F- rating worthy of a censure, and are far worse than almost anybody else for our working families of the A.C.L.O so that is why you were "singled out" Folks, there you have it, she hates our union, an important part of atlasian life, and truly something that should be encouraged, more citizen participation, sounds worthy of a censure, sad day indeed. I truly hope that you will reflect and change your ways though, and feel sorry about your stances, and maybe even apologize, like I did, for that inexcusable and shameful act that I committed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

Friendly reminder there is an images policy in effect (which I've reminded of several times). I'd strongly urge to add attribution as soon as possible before enforcing more actively.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »

fhtagn

Its called the people's house for a reason. If you are actively saying "I do not care about your voice because you are not going to vote for me", you are far too divisive for your own good.

Well, seeing as your above post is an outright lie about my record, I have no issues saying your voice doesn't matter to me. Nor should it to anyone, really. As stated previously, I co-sponsored the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act when I was in the house in 2017, something you'd know if you did your research. I also worked with then Secretary of State Reactionary on reforms to the VA system. So unless you can provide solid proof that I took anyone's healthcare away, you nothing to stand on.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »

Friendly reminder there is an images policy in effect (which I've reminded of several times). I'd strongly urge to add attribution as soon as possible before enforcing more actively.

My apologies for any issues caused, I have done my best to take steps to rectify the situation, I will read up on the image policy as well.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »

SB: Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+
The bill Finally gets rid of the shameful designation of Atlasia being the only major economy without PTO. It is unfair that Atlasian workers are subject to threats of termination and poverty from having to call in sick for work, and this bill provides a start. Emphasis on the start, the bill doesn’t go far enough in providing enough time for all of the specific purposes needing PTO. While the workers of Atlasia would like a start, the fact of the matter is that this bill needs more in the way of revision to provide ample benefits deserved by the workers
I contest this rating (and also the use of yellow font, which no one can read) - the bill was shown to the ACLO Chair before being introduced for feedback and garnered his support with no concerns mentioned. It was also discussed in the Domestic Policy Council (which includes ACLO members) where no concerns were raised. The bill is a great increase from status quo for workers rights. There is a lack of consistency in ratings, as bills that do far less to advance workers rights have received a higher rating.
While the A.C.L.O. wholeheartedly supports the start of PTO, including this bill, we must be on point to reach above and beyond for what we feel is best for the working Atlasian population. We wholeheartedly endorse the bill if its likelihood to pass is greater than a renegotiation.
Multiple members of ACLO, including yourself, saw this bill before it was introduced and all expressed support. Every piece of feedback we received during the DPC meeting was included in this bill. Would have loved to work with your members on how this bill can be improved before introducing, instead, everyone just said they liked it and stayed quiet...until now when you give a poor rating out of the blue!!

If you actually want to see improvements to this bill, I suggest reaching out to myself, Devout Centrist (the bill sponsor) and other senators and members of Congress. Giving a poor rating and saying it doesn't go far enough doesn't do anything to improve workers lives - what WILL help is taking action and working with members of the executive and legislative branch on improvements, people who have shown to be more than willing to work with you!!

You know what? I agree with you Mr. President. And that is why, if I am elected to the Senate (and the bill is still on the floor), I pledge to bring an amendment to the PTO bill doubling the amount of paid leave. (so 10 days inmediately and 20 days in 2022).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »

Also, Abstain on fhtagn's censure vote

She is a deplorable represenative on the issue of worker's rights and I encourage all voters in this country to vote anyone else for House. But I don't think a censure is the most appropiate course of action.

She does fully deserve the F- she got and that's only because we can't really give anything lower than that.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »

Long day at work = long afterwork rant.

Yeah, I originally had hopes this would become a legit nonpartisan pressure group but its become apparent this is a just another partisan hack group.

I mean giving a C+ grade to a PTO bill because it only expands the law a lot instead of a whole lot is b.s. you're supposed to dock for stuff you disagree with, not things you totally agree with but want to expand. Why would anyone taking your fake ranking seriously want to vote for something that has a neutral rating? You gave all the laborites As, well by voting for a C+ bill you actually have to rank them lower if they vote for a natioal PTO bill. If anything you are promoting nothing changing and killing this bill. Its like ranking an increase in the minimum wage to $14.50 and hour as a C+ bill because youd prefer $15. Insanity. Thats like a quarterback only ever throwing hail mary touchdown passes on every single play.

Refusing to identify concerns with bills is childish. If I can be bothered to spend 8 hrs of my limited free time researching, writing, and advocating for my last couple of dumb reg bills the least you can do is point out what you dont like in it. Especially since hardly anything in these bills ever touches on workers issues under the purported purview of this group.

The rankings for candidates were clearly partisan as the ACLOs own scorecards were not followed and were applied inconsistently. The Laborites who killed Occupational licensing reform in Lincoln weren't affected in their ranking despite how anti worker killing that was. The laborites who voted against guaranteed Call In Pay, which is something every labor organization wants weren't docked grades for that despite this organization publicly endorsing the bill and calling it the standard.The laborites who voted to name a day after anti worker billionaire money man Soros werent docked despite this organization docking non-laborites ... that MB can have a perfect score despite voting for the Koch bill that yall docked federalists for supporting is prima facia evidence. Yall put out an emergency call to kill a bill that would have increased the number of higher paying jobs available to domestic union workers by solely fining rich fatcats and big corporations ... why wouldn't workers want that? I mean, I guess considering the person throwing out the arbitrary rankings is a partisan elected official it makes since that all rankings support his party. Lets just dispense with this hilarious pretense of objectivity.

Could yall vote to censure me too? Id like to be held in contempt by this unfair, inconsistent, ad hoc joke of an organization. It would be fitting since ive written more pro worker bills that have become law than probably anyone in this group (save maybe Scott if he is in this group). I know Fhtagn is similarly situated having pushed through several pro worker bills. I'll gladly stand with workers over this joke group any day.

I think i covered everything. If I missed something point it out in your votes to censure me.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »

Yeah, I originally had hopes this would become a legit nonpartisan pressure group but its become apparent this is a just another partisan hack group.

I mean giving a C+ grade to a PTO bill because it only expands the law a lot instead of a whole lot is b.s. you're supposed to dock for stuff you disagree with, not things you totally agree with but want to expand. Why would anyone taking your fake ranking seriously want to vote for something that has a neutral rating? You gave all the laborites As, well by voting for a C+ bill you actually have to rank them lower if they vote for a natioal PTO bill. If anything you are promoting nothing changing and killing this bill. Its like ranking an increase in the minimum wage to $14.50 and hour as a C+ bill because youd prefer $15. Insanity. Thats like a quarterback only ever throwing hail mary touchdown passes on every single play.

Refusing to identify concerns with bills is childish. If I can be bothered to spend 8 hrs of my limited free time researching, writing, and advocating for my last couple of dumb reg bills the least you can do is point out what you dont like in it. Especially since hardly anything in these bills ever touches on workers issues under the purported purview of this group.

The rankings for candidates were clearly partisan as the ACLOs own scorecards were not followed and were applied inconsistently. The Laborites who killed Occupational licensing reform in Lincoln weren't affected in their ranking despite how anti worker killing that was. The laborites who voted against guaranteed Call In Pay, which is something every labor organization wants weren't docked grades for that despite this organization publicly endorsing the bill and calling it the standard.The laborites who voted to name a day after anti worker billionaire money man Soros werent docked despite this organization docking non-laborites ... that MB can have a perfect score despite voting for the Koch bill that yall docked federalists for supporting is prima facia evidence. Yall put out an emergency call to kill a bill that would have increased the number of higher paying jobs available to domestic union workers by solely fining rich fatcats and big corporations ... why wouldn't workers want that? I mean, I guess considering the person throwing out the arbitrary rankings is a partisan elected official it makes since that all rankings support his party. Lets just dispense with this hilarious pretense of objectivity.

Could yall vote to censure me too? Id like to be held in contempt by this unfair, inconsistent, ad hoc joke of an organization. It would be fitting since ive written more pro worker bills that have become law than probably anyone in this group (save maybe Scott if he is in this group). I know Fhtagn is similarly situated having pushed through several pro worker bills. I'll gladly stand with workers over this joke group any day.

I think i covered everything. If I missed something point it out in your votes to censure me.

Let's be clear, the ACLO obviously has very clear pro-worker political leanings (that is the whole point). But it is not a partisan organization. The ACLO will oppose the Labor and Peace parties whenever they start introducing legislation that harms the workers of Atlasia.

Also, Mr. R you must have missed the part where we gave Wulfric a D- score, on par with Tea Party Hater and lower than Alancia (both Federalists); for supporting austerity and essencial service cuts in the South.

Similarly the ACLO has given decent to good scores to non-Labor candidates like Jackson Hitchcock (B), ReaganClinton (C-) and Alancia (C).

I won't lie, there is some inconsistency in grading because we have not used scorecards, these are mostly subjective ratings.

A C is a decent score and the PTO bill is decent. It is not an outstanding bill, that is why it does not get an A. If it makes it any clearer, the concept of PTO itself is an A+ concept, but its implementation as designed by the president is a C. You want concerns? Ok I will give you some:

-Not enough paid time days. Most developed countries use 20 days of paid leave. This bill only gives workers half as much time.

-Does not apply to part time employees.  Part time employees have as much of a right to paid leave as full time employees

-It might also be worthwhile to give paid leave to employees of small businesses.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »

Tack, coming from an American perspective here, a C+ is generally not considered "decent". B- or B (really B) might be closer to that, but most people think of C+ as "sort of bad but not awful".

If you meant for C+ to indicate a decent or above average bill you may want to specify where exactly the scale you're using goes.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »

Vote so far is 5 for 0 against 1 abstain to censure Fhtagn.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:32 PM »

Tack, coming from an American perspective here, a C+ is generally not considered "decent". B- or B (really B) might be closer to that, but most people think of C+ as "sort of bad but not awful".

If you meant for C+ to indicate a decent or above average bill you may want to specify where exactly the scale you're using goes.

Fair, maybe I am used to my own grades, this was my thought process:

F: Horrible/Failure
D: "Barely acceptable but still nowhere near great"
C: Average/decent
B: Good
A: Amazing

In fact, the passing grade here of 50/100 would be considered an F in the US apparently? Surprise (RIP myself and many of my colleagues is that was the case here lol)

I will clarify the legislative gradings were done by Chairman PSOL while the candidate ratings (both for House and Senate) were done by myself (although we both asked the other for the green light), so at least for the legislative ratings that shouldn't be an issue.

If you want, just add 1-2 spots to everyone. So a C becomes a C+, a B+ becomes an A-, etc
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »

Foodstuffs Union Interim Head Official Address

Greetings to my fellow A.C.L.O members, I am grateful to have the opportunity to speak to all of you again. Another glorious day is coming to an end in Atlasia, and I am proud to report that the A.C.L.O has spent it pushing back on scabs with good force. This is exactly what the A.C.L.O was meant to do, and we know we are doing right by the amount of pushback that we are getting. We are growing, we are starting to get noticed, we are making an impact, and we will keep trying to grow on those points even more with time. Increasing pushback from the typical offenders just means that we are doing things right, and it should continue that way. I would actually be concerned if this were not happening right now, after all we have been through together. So my message remains, stay strong, endeavor to unite, keep fighting the good fight, and never forget, fluctus fragore ut ita et tyrannis.

Thank you, and take care,

Interim Foodstuffs Union Head Bagel23
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2019, 05:36:25 PM »

Let's be clear, the ACLO obviously has very clear pro-worker political leanings (that is the whole point). But it is not a partisan organization. The ACLO will oppose the Labor and Peace parties whenever they start introducing legislation that harms the workers of Atlasia.

Also, Mr. R you must have missed the part where we gave Wulfric a D- score, on par with Tea Party Hater and lower than Alancia (both Federalists); for supporting austerity and essencial service cuts in the South.

Similarly the ACLO has given decent to good scores to non-Labor candidates like Jackson Hitchcock (B), ReaganClinton (C-) and Alancia (C).

I won't lie, there is some inconsistency in grading because we have not used scorecards, these are mostly subjective ratings.

A C is a decent score and the PTO bill is decent. It is not an outstanding bill, that is why it does not get an A. If it makes it any clearer, the concept of PTO itself is an A+ concept, but its implementation as designed by the president is a C. You want concerns? Ok I will give you some:

-Not enough paid time days. Most developed countries use 20 days of paid leave. This bill only gives workers half as much time.

-Does not apply to part time employees.  Part time employees have as much of a right to paid leave as full time employees

-It might also be worthwhile to give paid leave to employees of small businesses.

Sounds like you'd rather have nothing pass than the current bill. You are holding the workers who stand to benefit hostage. That you think it should go further doesn't mean it has flaws. There is no harm in it passing from your point of view. It only helps workers right? Thatd be like me docking my own dumb reg bills because i only get 44 out of the original 50 passed. Why is your rating not measured against the status quo?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »

Another glorious day is coming to an end in Atlasia, and I am proud to report that the A.C.L.O has spent it pushing back on scabs with good force.

Huh What does this even mean? >80% of workers are free-thinking non-union members ... its hard to claim to be pro-worker when you denigrate 80% of workers by calling them "scabs". Or do you only mean those of us who actually have a job irl. Its funny how few people in this group seem to actually have a day job. I mean, Im someone who is actually forced by law to pay money every year to the lawyer union that does absolutely nothing for me just to hold a job. Is anyone here ACTUALLY in a union in real life?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Sounds like you'd rather have nothing pass than the current bill. You are holding the workers who stand to benefit hostage. That you think it should go further doesn't mean it has flaws. There is no harm in it passing from your point of view. It only helps workers right? Thatd be like me docking my own dumb reg bills because i only get 44 out of the original 50 passed. Why is your rating not measured against the status quo?

If that is what it sounds like, let me clarify then. This bill is better than nothing. If it came to a final vote in this form, I would encourage all Representatives and Senators to vote in favour but I would be disappointed.

However that doesn't warrant a rating any higher than a C. Just like I would rather pass an exam with a C than fail it, I would rather pass this bill than not; but we can and should do better (and as I said, I pledged to introduce an amendment if elected to the Senate). Better than nothing is not exactly a high bar and we must not be content with that.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2019, 08:49:06 PM »

As a member of the A.C.L.O I am bringing forth a motion that will be up to vote until 5pm eastern time this friday to censure house member Fhtagn for taking steps that are above and beyond to harm the working class families of Atlasia.

1. For standing against most all A.C.L.O legislation, and doing so proudly.

2. Noting these circumstances that Fhtagn used to be a supporter of the working families in previous ideologies, making what is going on now even more heinous, and a betrayal.

3. Consistently belittling good members of the A.C.L.O and attempting to pass anti-worker legislation under trojan horse style (battle tactic not virus) methods of packaging it as for the working class.

4. Making fun and smearing the A.C.L.O and its many important and commendable roles in Atlasia.

5. For embodying ideologies and methods that are even beneath a F- rating, and heavily deserving of censure.

6. Due to these reasons and more, it is in the best interest of working families to hereby formally censure house member Fhtagn.

Yes [X]

No []

Abstain []
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2019, 09:11:06 PM »

As a member of the A.C.L.O I am bringing forth a motion that will be up to vote until 5pm eastern time this friday to censure house member Fhtagn for taking steps that are above and beyond to harm the working class families of Atlasia.

1. For standing against most all A.C.L.O legislation, and doing so proudly.

2. Noting these circumstances that Fhtagn used to be a supporter of the working families in previous ideologies, making what is going on now even more heinous, and a betrayal.

3. Consistently belittling good members of the A.C.L.O and attempting to pass anti-worker legislation under trojan horse style (battle tactic not virus) methods of packaging it as for the working class.

4. Making fun and smearing the A.C.L.O and its many important and commendable roles in Atlasia.

5. For embodying ideologies and methods that are even beneath a F- rating, and heavily deserving of censure.

6. Due to these reasons and more, it is in the best interest of working families to hereby formally censure house member Fhtagn.

Yes [X]

No []

Abstain []
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2019, 09:41:42 PM »

Yes [X]

No []

Abstain []
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »

Yes X

No []

Abstain []
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »

Fhtagn has been censured by the ACLO and we are in discussion about what should be done now that S.19.2-18: Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act. has passed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies