Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24832 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »

Fhtagn has been censured by the ACLO

Cool.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2019, 04:40:05 PM »

Fhtagn has been censured by the ACLO.

ME NEXT! ME NEXT!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »

Gooby pls
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »

x MB (if I didn't join already)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »

Welcome! Yeah, you know we got something going on here when we have Atlas’ most notorious scabs constantly on here throwing sh!t at us.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

Welcome! Yeah, you know we got something going on here when we have Atlas’ most notorious scabs constantly on here throwing sh!t at us.

BREAKING NEWS

Bagel23 thinks people who have real life, full time jobs and have to work for a living are scabs!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2019, 08:37:59 AM »

ACLO Federal Legislative Ratings

House of representatives

HB 18-42: Lacey Jones Needs Help Act
Grading: C
Explanation: This bill has 2 very distinct parts. The first one regards the Lacey Act and it is overall a bad part as it repeals certain environmental regulations regarging animals acquired illegally. The second one regards the Jones Act. This second part the ACLO mostly supports as it harms the working classes of Puerto Rico, Hawaii and all non-contiguous parts of Atlasia by brining in higher prices. While there is an argument that it benefits the sailors of this country, we believe it its repeal will benefit a larger amount of the population. Overall this is a very mixed bill that gets a mixed review.

HB 18-43: Insulin Price Cap Act
Grading: A
Explanation: While price controls are often ineffective and can lead to shortages, limited price controls in certain areas do work to reduce costs and this is one of those occasions. This will vastly improve the conditions and healthcare of the diabetic citizens of this nation

Senate

THESE ARE REGIONAL ISSUES ACT
Grading: F-
Explanation: This bill is an attack on the health of our kids school menus, on the affordability of colleges and has attempts at voter supression, all under the false pretext of regionalization. The ACLO can only hope this bill is soundly rejected by the Senate

Transactions Fairness Act
Grading: A+
Explanation: This bill will allow the workers of this country to not pay fees to banks while doing tasks that are for better or worse almost mandatory in the modern economy. This will put an end to corporate greed in the banking sector.

Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+ -> B-
Explanation: The bill is now better than the old version as it now applies to part time workers as well, though this is only enough to get a B-. The ACLO endorses an aye vote, but is dismayed at the lack of ambition on part of the Senate, and hopes that the House of Represenatatives will improve this bill further, increasing paid time off and extending the bill to small businesses.

POSTAL REFORM IS NEEDED ACT
Grading: F
Explanation: A concealed attempt at screwing up the national mail service, this bill will only affect negatively the workers of the post office and the mail service at large, possibly to encourage privatization down the line? Section IV is a good idea but that's the only silver lining (and a very small one at that) on this bill, which only means it doesn't get an F- and just a regular F.

SB 18-16: Federal Minimum Wage Policy Act
Grading: A
Explanation: An excellent bill that will improve the lives of the low income earners of this nation. While there is a legitimate argument regarding cost of living and regionalization, overall this is a great bill that will do a lot more good than harm and the ACLO fully supports to improve the lives of the workers of this country.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2019, 06:18:52 AM »

x bruhgmger2
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2019, 06:46:39 PM »

Thank you for joining! With that, I can safely say that the A.C.L.O. is the undisputed largest mass organization in Atlasia.

For our next steps, I would like to unionize the only available organizations here, chiefly the various polling and news firms. Be aware of a possible initiative before 4th of July.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »

So the unionization campaigns are underway, as I have secretly contacted the respective branch leaders to take it with the GM.

On other matters, I think that creating a dues system would be great. We would not need another National Assembly for this matter, as the exact specifications are not put to stone. With that, are there any suggestions for the set price, rate, and other expectations.

(P.S. I’m thinking of taking this union more reserved in our public announcements, so be aware of any PM’s or messages on Atlasdiscord. For those already on the latter, give me your discord name.)

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 10:13:21 AM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Notice of July 9, 2019

Fellow workers,

as you may be aware, Atlasia is currently embroiled in a crisis of (currently) words. The vehicles of reaction and capital interests have begun to directly threaten the life of our current president. So far, the crisis is ongoing with little in the way of any action from any side as of this writing.

To the workers of Atlasia, I cannot stress enough the damage the moneyed interests have caused with their grip on just one region. In the domination of the Right in the South, Confederate imagery has been promoted and dead bills have sprung up regionally to pass. From there, these bills have spread to the other two regions and succeeded in various degrees. There also exists the crisis of regional flexing, in which the emboldened elite uses the South as a vehicle of attack while doughboys in the other region work for them. I cannot stress enough the clear danger of this scenario if it continues, or even proliferates to the national level. Even so, we must remember this problem lies at the stratified,  shifty system of Atlasia as a whole. It is not the specific parties or players that the clueless pundits make it out to be.

The A.C.L.O. must take action against these ongoing attacks, and for that to be possible we need to know the true scope of the situation. While the blame will be put on the Feds and ACP, one must not forget Labour failures in the South in terms of electoralism, not the fact there remains Labour members that openly voted for the options of supporting racist imagery. On the national level, blame can be brought on the inaction and passiveness in government, even when direct threats are directed at the President himself!

As the leading vehicle of working Atlasians, we must be vigilant in these coming times. Be on your toes for anything, and that goes for our adversaries as well!

Chairman PSOL.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2019, 06:52:47 AM »

A.C.L.O Notice of July 9, 2019

Fellow workers,

as you may be aware, Atlasia is currently embroiled in a crisis of (currently) words. The vehicles of reaction and capital interests have begun to directly threaten the life of our current president. So far, the crisis is ongoing with little in the way of any action from any side as of this writing.

To the workers of Atlasia, I cannot stress enough the damage the moneyed interests have caused with their grip on just one region. In the domination of the Right in the South, Confederate imagery has been promoted and dead bills have sprung up regionally to pass. From there, these bills have spread to the other two regions and succeeded in various degrees. There also exists the crisis of regional flexing, in which the emboldened elite uses the South as a vehicle of attack while doughboys in the other region work for them. I cannot stress enough the clear danger of this scenario if it continues, or even proliferates to the national level. Even so, we must remember this problem lies at the stratified,  shifty system of Atlasia as a whole. It is not the specific parties or players that the clueless pundits make it out to be.

The A.C.L.O. must take action against these ongoing attacks, and for that to be possible we need to know the true scope of the situation. While the blame will be put on the Feds and ACP, one must not forget Labour failures in the South in terms of electoralism, not the fact there remains Labour members that openly voted for the options of supporting racist imagery. On the national level, blame can be brought on the inaction and passiveness in government, even when direct threats are directed at the President himself!

As the leading vehicle of working Atlasians, we must be vigilant in these coming times. Be on your toes for anything, and that goes for our adversaries as well!

Chairman PSOL.

Roll Eyes

There are some factual inaccuracies in this statement ... specifically no one threatened anyone's life.

Nice that a "worker" group is position taking on non worker bills now like Regional flags now, despite having literally nothing to do with workers...

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »

https://youtu.be/IjSTQwamo8M?t=80
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »

Yep, we have the alt right scabs riled up, it's good.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »

That "alt-right scab" you are referring to is a highly respected member of your party Wink
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »

This union is nonpartisan of course Smiley

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Your highly flawed rating system says otherwise Smiley
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2019, 10:25:55 AM »

Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »

Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 02:44:09 PM by Lumine »

The funny thing is, as a lawyer, Im required by law to pay extortion money each year to the bar union in order to keep my job ... even though I live in a non-[EDITED] (RTW) state. I wonder if Bagel pays money to a union each month or if Im the only one. Its amazing how the most antiworker/prounion posters tend to not actually have jobs or be union members in real life.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »

The funny thing is, as a lawyer, Im required by law to pay extortion money each year to the bar union in order to keep my job ... even though I live in a non-asshole (RTW) state. I wonder if Bagel pays money to a union each month or if Im the only one. Its amazing how the most antiworker/prounion posters tend to not actually have jobs or be union members in real life.
Are you saying the bar association is a union?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »

The funny thing is, as a lawyer, Im required by law to pay extortion money each year to the bar union in order to keep my job ... even though I live in a non-asshole (RTW) state. I wonder if Bagel pays money to a union each month or if Im the only one. Its amazing how the most antiworker/prounion posters tend to not actually have jobs or be union members in real life.

Im saying its a special interest group that any and all workers in a profession are required by law to pay money to out of some bs free-rider argument about how they do things that purportedly benefit me even though I dont actually see any tangible benefits ... sounds like a labor union to me. The only difference is that the evil exclusive bargaining agreement is set by State law instead of federal.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 12:36:32 PM by Devout Centrist »

Im saying its a special interest group that any and all workers in a profession are required by law to pay money to out of some bs free-rider argument about how they do things that purportedly benefit me even though I dont actually see any tangible benefits ... sounds like a labor union to me. The only difference is that the evil exclusive bargaining agreement is set by State law instead of federal.
Unified bar associations are a government mandated monopoly. Not every state has mandatory bar membership and correct me if I’m wrong, the bar association doesn’t negotiation minimum hourly fees for lawyers who are members.

Bar associations were set up in order to ensure that lawyers in a given state are qualified to practice law. Personally I’m not a fan of mandatory bar associations, but I believe that’s the justification given in favor of a mandatory state bar.

While closed shops do exists, you can still practice your profession without being a member of a union. The same cannot be said if you’re a lawyer and you’re not a member of a mandatory state bar. Honestly, I think a mandatory bar association is more like occupational licensing than a labor union.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.

I have underlined the relevant parts for you Wink

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2019, 12:48:59 PM »

Also let me make this very clear: The ACLO is not a partisan organization.

We have given praise to independents (like Jackson Hitchcock and ReaganClinton) and Federalists (like Alancia) in the past. We have also critizised Laborites where criticising was due (most notably Wulfric).

We also have many good Federalist members in this organization like Brugh and our first chairman Bagel, both of whom I really appreciate. I do not think we have any ACP members as of this time but I would certainly welcome them if they want to join and truly agree with the goals of this organization.

I could only hope that the fight for workers rights were a bipartisan one, but unfortunately in many cases that is not the case.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies