Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24832 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »

This union is nonpartisan of course Smiley

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Your highly flawed rating system says otherwise Smiley
Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn
Grading: F-
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Grading: A+
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.

I have underlined the relevant parts for you Wink

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.

Except the underlined portion under your rating for me is factually untrue.

It's very clear that not only do you fail to pay attention to what is actually going on in Congress, but you also fail to provide a consistent and non-partisan rating system.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.

It's very clear that not only do you fail to pay attention to what is actually going on in Congress, but you also fail to provide a consistent and non-partisan rating system.
Untrue, our rating system takes complex intakes from various facets of activity in Atlasia.

Now there is nothing to change what has already been graded, but if your so keen on getting recognition for all the work you do to get your score, I ensure you that we will have no problem going through your record. That goes for all of the graded and endorsed candidates and bills from here on out.

Now with that, I think it is best for all of the players to leave this conversation behind and to move forward with working toward a better Atlasia.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »

For the record, here is the new scoring system I will use to grade the next few races (most likely Lincoln Governor/Council and Southern Senate/CoD/Governor)

1: Create a score from 0 to 100 for each candidate. To determine this score, the things considered are, in order:
-Votes over the last session of Congress/regional legislature (if applicable)
-Public platform positions (if available)
-Bills signed and vetoed as Governor/President (if applicable)

2: Add 10 points to the score, as I am generally used to lower scores overall (for example, for me a passing grade would be 50, not 60)

3: Go to this table and find out the end result.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 02:47:40 PM by Stein '12 Stein '16 Williamson '20 #orbgang voter »

fhtagn

MB

Untrue, our rating system takes complex intakes from various facets of activity in Atlasia.

Now there is nothing to change what has already been graded, but if your so keen on getting recognition for all the work you do to get your score, I ensure you that we will have no problem going through your record. That goes for all of the graded and endorsed candidates and bills from here on out.

Now with that, I think it is best for all of the players to leave this conversation behind and to move forward with working toward a better Atlasia.

When you nitpick on a bill that is "good, but could be better" and give it a lower rating than a more consistent organization would give it, but refuse to look at how candidates vote the same way, it is very clear you guys are using personal bias and an inconsistent method in determining your rankings.

I know it makes you look bad to admit it, but the sooner you acknowledge obvious truths and push for more consistency in the future, the sooner people will actually respect your organization.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 02:57:17 PM by tack50 »

Official ACLO ratings for the Southern Special Senate election

DeadPrez
Grading: F (43/100)
Explanation: DeadPrez's dovish platform in foreign policy is certainly a good one, as are some of his positions in social issues like privacy and drug usage. However his economic policy of tax cuts on big business, austerity in Nyman and overall hands free approach to the economy should make all the workers of the South nervous.

Vern
Grading: C (75/100)
Explanation: The ACLO's position on Vern has not changed, although the methodology to rate candidates has. During Vern's last session in Congress wasn't exactly a loud voice for workers and as VP for presidential candidate YT, he signed up to a less than ideal platform for the working masses of this country. He is still the better choice (barring unexpected write-in movements) and it is said that he has been better in other sessions of Congress. We can only hope he votes better in Congress from this point on if elected.

Note: For full transparency, I will say that I requested help and advice from fellow ACLO member Brugh on this.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2019, 02:59:10 PM »

fhtagn

MB

When you nitpick on a bill that is "not good, but could be better" and give it a lower rating than a more consistent organization would give it, but refuse to look at how candidates vote the same way, it is very clear you guys are using personal bias and an inconsistent method in determining your rankings.

I know it makes you look bad to admit it, but the sooner you acknowledge obvious truths and push for more consistency in the future, the sooner people will actually respect your organization.
The A.C.L.O appreciates the advice given to better its place in Atlasia, especially from willing onlookers commenting on the outside. The A.C.L.O. should, and will now be, more detailed in their methodology, going to the smallest minutiae to give a clear and consistent answer. Another point of change will now be to exclude the usage of legislative potential of each bill in grading them. The supposedly claimed lack of clarity, and the confusion that followed, can be placed solely on my shoulders. With that, I believe we should move forward from this productive conversation.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2019, 03:52:43 PM »

fhtagn

MB

When you nitpick on a bill that is "not good, but could be better" and give it a lower rating than a more consistent organization would give it, but refuse to look at how candidates vote the same way, it is very clear you guys are using personal bias and an inconsistent method in determining your rankings.

The A.C.L.O appreciates the advice given to better its place in Atlasia, especially from willing onlookers commenting on the outside. The A.C.L.O. should, and will now be, more detailed in their methodology, going to the smallest minutiae to give a clear and consistent answer. Another point of change will now be to exclude the usage of legislative potential of each bill in grading them. The supposedly claimed lack of clarity, and the confusion that followed, can be placed solely on my shoulders. With that, I believe we should move forward from this productive conversation.

Excellent decision. I know the results may not always be what you might like but it is fair. GOA is almost done with its initial rating system ... we looked at all federal laws/failed federal bills on our topic and literally just marked if each legislator voted yes or no (non votes are not counted against the legislator). Doing it that way, pretty much no one who voted on more than 1 bill ended up getting an F-, even vocal gun rights opponents get a mildly higher score than u might think (even HenryWallace), and but for his vote against DRRA 19 MB would have had a higher score than Fhtagn (not anymore unfortunately).

Consistent, mechanical rankings rather than subjective metrics are much fairer and make nonpartisan groups appear more credible.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »

x Elcaspar (Might as well join as one of the first things i do)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 07:03:08 PM by tack50 »

Official ACLO ratings for the Lincoln regional elections

Governor

The ACLO hereby endorses Peanut over his opponent, Suburban New Jersey Conservative, as Peanut's tenure has been a very successful one for the workers of the North.

However this race will not be properly graded as the position of Lincoln Governor is a very weak position that can't really affect the lives of workers one way or another as even a gubernatorial veto can be overridden by a standard majority in the Council.

Council

DKrol
Explanation: DKrol's first ministry was a bit of a mess in some aspects, even requiring a change in coalitions! However, the workers of the region are grateful to him. Under his tenure and with his support many important laws for workers were passed, like the Rail Investment Act, the Safe Injection Act or most importantly, the Right to Work Repeal Act, by far his biggest accomplishment.

Ishan
Grading: B
Explanation: Ishan has a platform that claims he will focus his efforts in the Council into UBI, Education reform and community representation. Those are all good issues to be focused, in particular the last 2. However, more details into the specifics (or an actual voting record) would be needed in order to have a higher score.

NickCT
Grading: N/A
Explanation: With no public platform (even a barebones platform like Ishan's!), no prior officeholding and not even public statments, Nick CT can't be given a score

NYIndy
Explanation: Same as with NickCT, the ACLO can't really give a score if there is absolutely nothing to go by

PSOL
Explanation: Not rated due to a conflict of interest as chairman of this organization.

PyroTheFox
Explanation: Lincoln's second Chancellor, there is absolutely no one in the region who has done more for the workers of the region than Pyro. Thanks to him lots of pro-worker regulations and bills have been passed, most notably the Keep the Workplace Safe Act, but also other bills like defeating the handout on the rich known as the Tax Reform Act.

Suburban New Jersey Conservative
Grading: D-
Explanation: SNJC has been a horrible councillor for the workers of Lincoln. The architect of the (thankfully defeated) Tax Reform Act and someone who also voted against most pro-worker legislation in the region, while SNJC likes to call himself a moderate, for the ACLO he is a moderate in all the wrong issues, consistently voting against the interests of workers. He admittedly has had some evolution for the better during the Council but that is nowhere near enough to save him.

thr33 / BG-NY
Grading: D+
Explanation: thr33 has also not been a particularly great voice. However he has some silver linings compared to SNJC and seems slightly more likely to support pro-worker legislation, some examples include an abstention (as opposed to a nay) on the resolution declaring international workers day or voting in favour of the Easier Transport for All Act. thr33 is possibly the best the opposition has  offered in the last session of the Council (excluding Ninja who is not running and so isn't rated) but that doesn't make it particularly good.

Wazza
Grading: D-
Explanation: With no real changes since the special election, the ACLO will give Wazza the benefit of the doubt again and give him a D- rating. Wazza's old platform called for austerity, business deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy, all goals that the ACLO frontally opposes. He does have the silver lining of supporting environmental regulations and the carbon tax. So hopefully as a newbie he might surprise everyone but I would not have any hopes.

Edit: Chairman PSOL has told me to alter some of these ratings. They should be fixed now.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2019, 01:12:16 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2019, 07:52:43 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
N/A
Lincoln
LC 3.5: Intoxicant Screening Reform Act
Grading: N/A, see below
Due to conflicted sources of interest and the fact that this is a carbon copy of the Fremont bill mentioned below, no grading is necessary. Do look at the bill and judge accordingly.
South
S.19: Appreciate Our Teachers Act
The act aptly gives appreciation to the teachers of the South by 10%. However, with the incredibly loose guidelines for the raise, as it is subject to loose interpretation of which I’m sure the administrators in the South will take with liberty (being subjected to the same biased standards that privatized and ruined the curriculum in countless schools). Even so, this is the only way to actually see some sort of raise within the environs of the South. Teachers anywhere will take this over nothing, so its endorsement is there.
Fremont
FT 12–16: Drug Screenings Reform Act.
Grading: A-
The bill provides Atlasian workers needed job security for the purposes of enjoying a non-impending hobby. It, in S.I C.II and S.III C.I, further specifies that occupations of utmost urgency not to pass, whether through contract or in the medical field, should be exempted. A possible change needed is with the vague wording of S.III C.III, of which it becomes hard to need such regulation if already specified by national law and the pertinence of it with the contracted occupations receiving grants. In short, there seems to be no need for that clause. Overall, this is a great step in the right direction for workers in Fremont, something that would be looked favorably to be expanded elsewhere in the nation.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »

To all the workers of Atlasia, in recent times, there is again confusion in Atlasia. The Southern Assembly has on their hands a bill that wholly brings Gold and Silver as legal tender. I cannot fathom enough how idiotic this bill is. While it will most probably be labeled as against the constitution of Atlasia, the tricks the Feds can get through is worrying. The goldbuggery could cause massive and constant economic crises, something not supported by the working population of Atlasia. If, by any insanity expected and passed through from the forces that be, the A.C.L.O. will not stand down to this disaster. With that, in a 24 hour interval, the members of this grand union shall vote on issuing a strike in opposition to this. The only way this will be called off is a confirmation that this is unconstitutional.

Please vote AYE,NAY, or abstain.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2019, 08:38:18 PM »

AYE
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2019, 09:14:36 PM »

Aye
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2019, 12:11:00 AM »

Aye
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2019, 03:27:49 AM »

Abstain

However, this is a 100% unconstitutional bill I am pretty sure. The regions have no power to change the legal tender.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2019, 04:13:25 AM »

Aye
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2019, 07:44:16 AM »

Though you have good intentions can I just suggest that a union strike would only bait the Feds into passing this bill simply to spite the ACLO.
And might I also suggest that given Atlasia's unionisation rate is around the 10% it is in real life, threats of strike are fairly useless, especially threats of strike in the South, which is Right to Work and has a unionisation rate of roughly 5%.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »

Aye
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?
At this time, such an action is not needed.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:31 PM »

Results:
8 AYES
1 ABSTAIN

We are prepared to strike if no action is taken to reassure us that the bill is scrapped in its entirety, and it is actually carried out. For that, I think it’s unanimous to merely be prepared to strike until the immediate tabling of the bill. Any lolly gagging will be met with fierce resistance.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2019, 09:26:36 PM »

Once again, the representatives of the ruling class spew drivel against common sense proposals.

In the Southern Chamber, union member elcaspar’s bill is being attacked by RTW proponents. With numerous restrictions on unionization and an already hostile environment, the bill would serve as some fresh air to the workers down under. It may become apparent that this bill is what we must be striking against if it is rejected.

On other matters, the Legal Tender Act is being slowly rejected. While the speed is at snail’s pace by the politicians in its tabling, let me reiterate that any lollygagging will result in an immediate general strike in Atlasia.

That is all from your humblest chairman of this fine union. Have a great day, and don’t forget to vote for PyroTheFox for Senate and Poirot for House if you haven’t voted already.
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »

x Pragma_TNAG
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2019, 11:33:16 PM »

Not like it actually does anything.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2019, 10:49:29 AM »

Not like it actually does anything.
It certainly seems to take up a lot of the affected persons attention, however. Attention and time better spent here instead of writing up pure trash in the legislatures.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies