Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24377 times)
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »

I should probably join too.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »

I'll join
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

I don't know to what extent this is still alive but I'll still post here because I want to bump this thread and hopefully bring this back.

I am also requesting the endorsement of the ACLO for my campaign for house. I believe very strongly in the ability of workers to work together in a union to make their voice heard. Many benefits we enjoy today are a direct result of the work of unions.

One area where I really think we could be making strides in the future is for the rights of workers in the "gig economy" don't enjoy nearly as many rights as people in traditional employment.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

We’re just barely kicking, but I will put out endorsements at the last minute. Stay tuned.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 10:36:44 PM by Elcaspar »

The ACLO still needs a Press Secretary correct? If so i would be willing to step up to the task, since we need a bit more activity here.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2019, 10:07:18 PM »

And we have a volunteer. I’ll organize a vote soon then.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2019, 11:03:12 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 11:20:56 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading Nov 1-3, 2019

National
HB 20-20:
Assuring Nonviolent Treatment by Interfering with Fascist Authorities Act

Grading: A+
For too long have security forces reacted with disproportionate force to peaceful protests. The ANTIFA Act, as it is acronymed, provides legislation that greatly improves the implementation of proportionate force. Such positive aspects are in S.2 C.I with the removal of fees to protest and for C. 9 of the same section preventing teachers that are striking to be unfairly terminated for fighting for the classroom.

HB 20-20: Making Atlasia A Little More Great Act
Grading: F
There is problematic language in S.6, specifically the repeal of the Jones Act. While we have no issue in repealing the parts related to foreign-flagged vessels docking in Atlasian ports, the full repeal of the Jones Act hinders worker rights of Merchant Marines and other ship workers. Furthermore, as the legislation of Lacy Jones Needs Help Act passed, the A.C.L.O. would refrain the house from accepting a redundant section.

SB 20-26 Buffet Rule Act of 2019
The Bill ensures that the Atlasian tax system is functional for all members of society in a fair manner. For instance, in S.2 C.II, there is laws controlling the broad tax deductibility from charitable donations, often used as a way to unfairly engage in tax avoidance. Furthermore in S.2 C.2 SC. II, the tax laws on the defined section of wealthy are detailed as being inflation Following.

SB: Atlasia says Trans Rights Act
Across Atlasia, there is an ongoing attack against Atlasians who are Transgender. Such attacks include unfair terminations and assaults at work with very little to no repercussions. In S.III of this bill, massive covering of appropriate law are used to ensure human dignity are upheld.

SB: Dumb Repealing Repeal Act
The A.C.L.O. has voiced its concerns with the series this bill mitigates, and we are happy work is being done to stop the damage.
Lincoln
N/A
The South
The current bills pending shall be reviewed later. Ah screw it, A+, I’m way too lazy to do a write up though. Look at the 2 recent bills, Laborer and the other.
Fremont
N/A

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2019, 07:07:31 PM »

I will try and organize a vote for Press Secretary on the weekend. In the meantime, any and all positions can still be contested following our rulings and if there are any vacancies. Meanwhile, I will write up a final grade for this week considering all the activity.
A.C.L.O Legislative Grading Nov 4-8, 2019

National
SB 21:05
Grading: F-
The A.C.L.O. does not condone the incorporation of the State of Canada into the union as the bill stands. Nowhere in the bill is a proper transition plan to avoid economic disruption nor is there a sufficient method to determine that the Canadian people will fairly choose their own destiny. Unless their is a proper plan designed to mend these issues, the A.C.L.O shall not stand for this act of subversion against the Canadian people.
The South
N/A
Fremont
FT 13-14: Paid and Long Services Leave Act
The bill increases the well deserved days of paid leave in Fremont
Lincoln
LC 5-4: Act to Establish a Living Wage
Grading:F-
The following legislation is a step backward from the already sufficient Lincoln Fair Wages Act of 2018. It is not needed.

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2019, 03:09:40 AM »

What is A.C.L.O's position on the Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ Pro) Act?

Quote from: Current Amended version of TIJ Pro Act
Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle  capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay an additional SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur an additional SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

From the current debate it seems that the Southern Left isn't interested in protecting these jobs long term.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2019, 05:40:32 PM »

What is A.C.L.O's position on the Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ Pro) Act?

1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle  capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay an additional SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur an additional SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

From the current debate it seems that the Southern Left isn't interested in protecting these jobs long term.
The A.C.L.O. currently does not have an opinion on whether it is best to preserve jobs through the usage of legislation banning, or even slowing down, the adoption of technological innovation into the mainstream markets. By our guidelines, this would be tangentially outside this organization’s jurisdiction to grade as a whole. However, tangentially related, for environmental purposes we do approve of job training programs to send workers to cleaner industries.

A more in-depth answer would have to be delivered by the affiliated head in charge of transportation workers here. That person is currently NPC Cecil Roberts of the Worker Transportation Alliance. When we have a functional GM, I suggest you send Mr. Roberts this question through the GM.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

1.2) Terms

The A.C.L.O. currently does not have an opinion on whether it is best to preserve jobs through the usage of legislation banning, or even slowing down, the adoption of technological innovation into the mainstream markets. By our guidelines, this would be tangentially outside this organization’s jurisdiction to grade as a whole. However, tangentially related, for environmental purposes we do approve of job training programs to send workers to cleaner industries.

A more in-depth answer would have to be delivered by the affiliated head in charge of transportation workers here. That person is currently NPC Cecil Roberts of the Worker Transportation Alliance. When we have a functional GM, I suggest you send Mr. Roberts this question through the GM.

Let's be honest for a bit here. This absolutely under the jurisdiction of the ACLO. If you don't feel like giving an opinion that's fine, but don't pretend that a worker's organization has no opinion on legislation that tackles job loss.

Also, it's not the job of a GM to provide opinions of an NPC union leaders (that don't actually exist in game at this time) when there is literally an organization regarding unions handled by actual players.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »

1.2) Terms

Let's be honest for a bit here. This absolutely under the jurisdiction of the ACLO. If you don't feel like giving an opinion that's fine, but don't pretend that a worker's organization has no opinion on legislation that tackles job loss.

Also, it's not the job of a GM to provide opinions of an NPC union leaders (that don't actually exist in game at this time) when there is literally an organization regarding unions handled by actual players.
The A.C.L.O’s decentralized, Democratic nature restricts my ability to give remarks on such vague issues. I would rather not turn my assumed position into my own mouthpiece. While I have issues personal opinion and critique, it has been in the duty of chair of this esteemed union, I am informally bounded as temporary Press Secretary to be very careful in allowing interpretations and guidance into the noticeboard. Furthermore, the Press Secretary is bounded by following our bylaws as well, restricting their ability to provide one-sided commentary as the voice of this union. The point is that there is no established consensus among this union yet known from bottom up to the Press Secretary, and it would be a usurpation of the Union membership’s agency to speak for them.

I have already tried explaining our policy on job training programs in light of displacement from protecting the environment. I also offered to direct you to someone who knows more about the on-the-ground opinions of this law. As an NPC, I have no direct control nor communications with him as established with being an NPC. That’s up to researching irl opinion and a bit of communication then with the NPC, something based on a narrative path for the office of the GM.

My hands are tied to an extent where this is the best and most direct answer I can give.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2019, 08:59:06 PM by PSOL »

Press Secretary Elections

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[  ] elcaspar

[  ] [Write-in]

48 hours till votes close.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »

[ X ] tack50

[  ] [Write-in]

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »

[ x ] Elcaspar

[  ] [Write-in]

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

[X] elcaspar

[  ] [Write-in]

48 hours till votes close.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »

Elcaspar
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »

Elcaspar
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »

1. Elcaspar
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »

Elcaspar
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2019, 04:46:36 AM »

1. Elcaspar
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2019, 10:14:22 PM »

Elcaspar wins with 8 votes to 1 to tack.

Congratulations on hosting another success of an election!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading Nov 10-17, 2019

National
N/A
Lincoln
N/A
The South
N/A

Fremont
FT 13.12 – Thirty-Two Hour Week Act
This bill provides the workers of Fremont with a 32-hour workweek, which is much-needed respite for the working class. It would also provide new opportunities for employment in industries that need the manpower, while also adapting to modern labor needs, i.e automation. Additionally the requirement for employers to pay overtime, and the the adjustment of the minimum wage formula, makes this bill one that the working class of Fremont can rejoice about.

FT 13-03: Commonwealth Education Organization Act
Grading: A
The fact that a Teacher’s Retirement System is being established is cause for much rejoice for the teachers of Fremont, as it will provide them with long-term financial security. With the added security of a defined benefit pension plan, teachers will have much less cause for worry. Also the establishment of a Department of Education to ensure more access, more involvement of the public, parents, and students and for improving the quality of education is a worthy cause.

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2019, 11:41:24 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
SR 21-25: Forced Labor Isn't Good Amendment
Ranking: A+
This amendment makes much needed changes to the Constitution. The amendment abolishes the last remains of legalized forced labor from our Constitution, by finally abolishing forced labor as a punishment for criminals. What else is there to say other than this a positive change for our nation, that will move us into to the present.

Lincoln
N/A
The South
N/A
Fremont
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies