Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24813 times)
arjavrawal
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2019, 01:02:51 AM »

Joining
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »

Requesting the ACLO's endorsement for Governor and joining
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2019, 09:43:44 PM »

Requesting the ACLO's endorsement for Governor and joining
We will try and get our excrement ready for the following elections.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2019, 09:09:17 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading
National

HR 21-16: Labor Rights Amendment
Grading: A+
The bill provides a full ban federally on the control of collective bargaining, a way for workers to bound together to ensure their rights.

SR 21-25: FORCED LABOR ISN'T GOOD AMENDMENT
Grading: A+
The bill gets rid of legal slavery present within our incarceration system.

SB 21-27: MILITARY JUSTICE ACT
Grading: B+
This union is adamant that every and any worker gets their fair rights, and rights for soldiers are the last frontier of sorts of workers with unsatisfactory rights on the job. Getting rid of the death penalty, which is a failure in deterrence, is unacceptable no matter what is done. Especially with crimes meant for the safety of an individual, like surrendering. The only downside To this bill is that the death penalty is still in place at all.

The South

N/A

Fremont

FT 14-05: All Work Has Dignity Act
Grading: A
The bill gives part-time employees the same benefits as full-time employees, thereby making sure that the disparity between full-time and part-time work is removed. There is not much else to say, other than this is a boon for part-time employees all throughout Fremont.

Lincoln
N/A

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »

The death penalty has absolutely nothing to do with worker's rights...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »

It is if it’s applied as an on-the-job punishment.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »

That's quite a reach coming from someone who passed the buck on an actual worker related bill that you guys should have spoken on, claiming it was the job of an NPC to determine anything related to it, simply because the bill's writer wasn't a member of the Labor Party.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2019, 07:55:01 PM »

That's quite a reach coming from someone who passed the buck on an actual worker related bill that you guys should have spoken on, claiming it was the job of an NPC to determine anything related to it, simply because the bill's writer wasn't a member of the Labor Party.
For the last time, our bylaws do not have a protocol for technological displacement. The only thing we had was to ensure job retraining for workers in the case of closures of resource extraction sites. I told you that it would be best to contact the NPC when there is a working GM, or find out the irl views of this guy.

I stress that this union is committed to nonpartisan politics, but that does not mean we don’t have an ideological bent to Workerism. I hope that in the future you would refrain from such libel or risk censure again.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #283 on: December 26, 2019, 12:11:13 AM »

For the last time, our bylaws do not have a protocol for technological displacement. The only thing we had was to ensure job retraining for workers in the case of closures of resource extraction sites. I told you that it would be best to contact the NPC when there is a working GM, or find out the irl views of this guy.

I stress that this union is committed to nonpartisan politics, but that does not mean we don’t have an ideological bent to Workerism. I hope that in the future you would refrain from such libel or risk censure again.

Considering censure from you guys means absolutely nothing and bears no consequences, do what you want. Don't get mad at me for pointing out the truth.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #284 on: December 26, 2019, 04:59:10 AM »

So typical of the right wing to belittle citizen groups and fight against unions. If you keep sending back these people to the government Atlasia, you will only see it continue to get worse. Stand with the working people of Atlasia, see who is friend and who is foe, choose wisely.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #285 on: December 26, 2019, 05:06:06 AM »

So typical of the right wing to belittle citizen groups and fight against unions. If you keep sending back these people to the government Atlasia, you will only see it continue to get worse. Stand with the working people of Atlasia, see who is friend and who is foe, choose wisely.

Technically you are a member of the right wing party in Atlasia Tongue

Though thankfully unlike many of your party members you are commited to defending workers rights
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »

I stress that this union is committed to nonpartisan politics

I think, as the only left-winger in the race, it’s apt to give you the A.C.L.O. endorsement.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »

nonpartisan /= non-ideological...

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #288 on: December 28, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »

Everyone knows for a fact that the ACLO is a partisan group, whether they admit it or not. I'm just glad to see that PSOL proved me right.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »

Everyone knows for a fact that the ACLO is a partisan group, whether they admit it or not. I'm just glad to see that PSOL proved me right.
Well of course we’d support an actual member of the left, no matter which party they may be, over candidates who would reign in austerity. Your confusion and outright obsession over this union is always a welcome laugh from the right. Furthermore, we just don’t endorse labor candidates, we are afterall endorsing Bagel for Southern CoD.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

Well of course we’d support an actual member of the left, no matter which party they may be, over candidates who would reign in austerity. Your confusion and outright obsession over this union is always a welcome laugh from the right. Furthermore, we just don’t endorse labor candidates, we are afterall endorsing Bagel for Southern CoD.

Thanks for proving once again that this organization is a joke and just a Labor Party puppet!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »

Thanks for proving once again that this organization is a joke and just a Labor Party puppet!

Hypothetically, if somehow someone with my beliefs was running as a Federalist or ACP candidate, while someone with your beliefs was running as a Labor candidate, I believe the ACLO would support the former candidate (and I certainly would).
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »

[T]he ACLO would support the former candidate.

The ACLO's endorsement of Bagel proves this and then some, in a multi-candidate race, the ACLO, it seems, is supporting any and all pro-labor candidates even without the prerequisite of the leftist candidate(s) being pro-RTW and/or pro-at-will employment (which is preferable and how the organization should operate):

I would trust that the ACLO would endorse a pro-union Federalist over a pro-RTW Laborite any day of the week because that organization exists only to advocate for labor rights.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »

Since I will not allow anymore smears based on our gradings or endorsements slide, I think it is wise to have a more updated bylaw on our position of technological displacement. Currently, we have no opinion of it and have refused to comment on legislation in the past, especially concerning the Southern Transportation Bill. I am calling upon a vote based on what we should add to guide us in further legislation.

If anyone wants to write up an amendment and send it to me to be the official wording on the ballot, that’s cool. I will otherwise write up my opinion on the matter to be accepted or rejected by the rank-and-file.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »

Statement on the Labor Primary
by A.C.L.O Press Secretary Elcaspar

As there is currently a primary contest going on in the Labor Party, it is in the interest of A.C.L.O as an organisation to take a look at the two contenders, and endorse who we believe is the best for the working class of Atlasia. So let's get some differentiation between the two candidates going:

Senator MB has a proven record of siding with the working class of Atlasia, whether it be a bill allowing for a paid holiday on your birthday, establishing International Workers' Day, Easter Monday and Workers Memorial Day as federal holidays and working to eliminate the last remnants of forced labor in Atlasia.
In his campaign thread MB cites his main priorities as freedom and equality of the people, which he presumably will do by standing up against reckless authoritarianism, crony capitalism, unjust laws towards workers, and unfair discrimination, as stated in his campaign thread.
MB also promises a radical agenda that of, by, and for the people, and promises to make Atlasia the envy of the world, and while we can't be sure of much without specifics, his record might suggest what will be in store for Atlasia.

Vice President Pericles on the other hand has little of his own personal record to speak of when it comes to issues that relate to the working class, at least in recent memory, although admittedly he hasn't been part of the legislature since March, so we will have to judge him based on other things he has done.
His efforts lie more in advancing the progressive agenda of Labor, by being a key part in the Labor Party's success over the last few months both as Party Chair and Vice President, which has allowed the left majorities across Atlasia.
In his campaign thread Pericles mentions that wants to maintain and improve upon the progressive policy direction that the Griffin Administration has started.
Pericles says he wants to address economic and social inequality, which likely would happen trough the increased taxes on the rich, the creation of fairer tax system and tax cuts for the middle class that Pericles advocates for. But without further specifics beyond that, it's hard to say what's in store for Atlasia.

Vice President Pericles has little of his personal record to speak of when comes working class advocacy, at least in recent memory, so we have somewhat less confidence in his vision for Atlasia. Not to say he hasn't done anything at all, as the above section demonstrates. His more indirect impact on the working class comes through his success as Labor Party Chair, as well as Vice President, which has allowed more progressive legislation to pass in Atlasia.

Senator MB however has done more direct advocacy for the working class, by having a record of bills that has improved the lives of the working class. It's this record of working class advocacy, combined with his daring vision for the future of Atlasia the earns him the endorsement of the A.C.L.O. It's a vision we believe in!

THE A.C.L.O ENDORSES SENATOR MB FOR THE LABOR PRIMARY!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »

I'm not sure if there is a process for the membership to object to this endorsement. In any case, I think Elcaspar is inaccurate in saying I don't have a record of working-class advocacy, presumably because the last time I was in Congress was before he was registered in Atlasia. Additionally, I have not released a full policy platform yet, to be fair neither has MB.

I'd like to highlight some legislative achievements of my own. For instance, the National Housing Trust Fund Act, which expanded funding for affordable housing in Atlasia. Note that the funding for the bill was not written or approved by me, but was done by a Federalist-controlled House, and ideally the act would have been funded differently, the original Senate version was funded by a 0.5% increase in the corporate tax rate. The Paycheck Fairness Act helped ensure fair pay for female workers, the original version was even stronger but the House Federalists prevented it from passing as is. I also pushed to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit with the GAIN Act, and this is an issue I plan to revisit if elected. I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians. There are other achievements that I was unsure were covered by the focus of the ACLO but are nonetheless progressive policies, and I may have missed some stuff I have done. The No Child Should Be Allowed To Live In Poverty Act, a bill of mine, would have reduced child poverty hugely and given future members of the working class a better shot in life. This struggled in the late 2018 congresses, but essentially the same bill was passed and signed by President Griff in September 2019. I have also played a role in helping form bills for the current trifecta that have boosted the working class of Atlasia. I think it would have been wiser for Elcaspar to wait until I had released more policies before giving this statement, though of course he wouldn't have known my plans.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2020, 04:17:25 PM »

Thank You Press Secretary Elcaspar for your hard work as of late into filling, and ultimately expanding, the shoes left by tack50. We now just need for all of the union’s members to take heed into our endorsements for the upcoming races. We are living in critical times, what with the most competitive Labor primary in a while as the party prepares for a more resurgent Right in the local races of the South and Lincoln. It is then critical for us to act as a united bloc as a loosely affiliated pressure group in the only nominally left wing party while maintaining our independence from the party structure.

In other news, there has been no effort by members to give their own take on technological job displacement. It is taking a while to get this ready, so I will postpone this until the next National Assembly of the A.C.L.O., sometime before May so we can truly turn the Union into something other then an ignored pressure group. The new GM would ensure that both statistics on where we are and what we are possible if doing are aptly discussed and applied. Unless we get some anti-labor legislation, our automatic action is on May Day.

Personally, I do hope the near future does not result in us being as active to defend our rights, but this union will stay vigilant no matter what occurs.

Chair PSOL out.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »

I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians.

Postal Reform Act, prior to another poster raising concerns, and well before any amendment presented:

Most of the bill at the very least, especially the regulatory changes, should pass. If someone wants they can amend the bill to improve it.

Lyin' Peri strikes again!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2020, 04:21:09 PM »

Postal Reform Act, prior to another poster raising concerns, and well before any amendment presented:

Most of the bill at the very least, especially the regulatory changes, should pass. If someone wants they can amend the bill to improve it.

As a responsible person does, I changed my mind once I became aware of new information regarding the substance of the bill. The regulatory changes I meant were also regarding stuff that could be delivered in the mail. In any case, actions count for more than words, so my actions in getting rid of the regulatory changes you tried to defend are most important here. Thanks for showing who you regard as the real threat to your agenda, and I'll be happy to confirm your fears and the hopes of most Atlasians.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »

I'm not sure if there is a process for the membership to object to this endorsement. In any case, I think Elcaspar is inaccurate in saying I don't have a record of working-class advocacy, presumably because the last time I was in Congress was before he was registered in Atlasia. Additionally, I have not released a full policy platform yet, to be fair neither has MB.

I'd like to highlight some legislative achievements of my own. For instance, the National Housing Trust Fund Act, which expanded funding for affordable housing in Atlasia. Note that the funding for the bill was not written or approved by me, but was done by a Federalist-controlled House, and ideally the act would have been funded differently, the original Senate version was funded by a 0.5% increase in the corporate tax rate. The Paycheck Fairness Act helped ensure fair pay for female workers, the original version was even stronger but the House Federalists prevented it from passing as is. I also pushed to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit with the GAIN Act, and this is an issue I plan to revisit if elected. I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians. There are other achievements that I was unsure were covered by the focus of the ACLO but are nonetheless progressive policies, and I may have missed some stuff I have done. The No Child Should Be Allowed To Live In Poverty Act, a bill of mine, would have reduced child poverty hugely and given future members of the working class a better shot in life. This struggled in the late 2018 congresses, but essentially the same bill was passed and signed by President Griff in September 2019. I have also played a role in helping form bills for the current trifecta that have boosted the working class of Atlasia. I think it would have been wiser for Elcaspar to wait until I had released more policies before giving this statement, though of course he wouldn't have known my plans.
You took far too long to point out anything recently in your campaign, while MB’s recent work and campaign work was more impressive. If when the race fundamentally changes, I’m sure Elcaspar will then change the endorsement.

I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians.

Lyin' Peri strikes again!
fhtagn, please refrain from starting further meaningless disruption in this thread, along with bringing your cat fight with Pericles in this thread. This is not the platform to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies