Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24782 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »

I'm not sure if there is a process for the membership to object to this endorsement. In any case, I think Elcaspar is inaccurate in saying I don't have a record of working-class advocacy, presumably because the last time I was in Congress was before he was registered in Atlasia. Additionally, I have not released a full policy platform yet, to be fair neither has MB.

I'd like to highlight some legislative achievements of my own. For instance, the National Housing Trust Fund Act, which expanded funding for affordable housing in Atlasia. Note that the funding for the bill was not written or approved by me, but was done by a Federalist-controlled House, and ideally the act would have been funded differently, the original Senate version was funded by a 0.5% increase in the corporate tax rate. The Paycheck Fairness Act helped ensure fair pay for female workers, the original version was even stronger but the House Federalists prevented it from passing as is. I also pushed to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit with the GAIN Act, and this is an issue I plan to revisit if elected. I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians. There are other achievements that I was unsure were covered by the focus of the ACLO but are nonetheless progressive policies, and I may have missed some stuff I have done. The No Child Should Be Allowed To Live In Poverty Act, a bill of mine, would have reduced child poverty hugely and given future members of the working class a better shot in life. This struggled in the late 2018 congresses, but essentially the same bill was passed and signed by President Griff in September 2019. I have also played a role in helping form bills for the current trifecta that have boosted the working class of Atlasia. I think it would have been wiser for Elcaspar to wait until I had released more policies before giving this statement, though of course he wouldn't have known my plans.
You took far too long to point out anything recently in your campaign, while MB’s recent work and campaign work was more impressive. If when the race fundamentally changes, I’m sure Elcaspar will then change the endorsement.

PSOL, MB hasn't published a big substantive policy platform yet, it has largely been big picture statements so far from both of us and now I plan to get voters engaged in more detailed policy issues and I hope MB does the same though that remains to be seen.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #301 on: January 05, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »

I'm not sure if there is a process for the membership to object to this endorsement. In any case, I think Elcaspar is inaccurate in saying I don't have a record of working-class advocacy, presumably because the last time I was in Congress was before he was registered in Atlasia. Additionally, I have not released a full policy platform yet, to be fair neither has MB.

I'd like to highlight some legislative achievements of my own. For instance, the National Housing Trust Fund Act, which expanded funding for affordable housing in Atlasia. Note that the funding for the bill was not written or approved by me, but was done by a Federalist-controlled House, and ideally the act would have been funded differently, the original Senate version was funded by a 0.5% increase in the corporate tax rate. The Paycheck Fairness Act helped ensure fair pay for female workers, the original version was even stronger but the House Federalists prevented it from passing as is. I also pushed to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit with the GAIN Act, and this is an issue I plan to revisit if elected. I have also opposed right-wing policies that would hurt working Atlasians, for instance I successfully amended the Postal Reform Act to stop right-wing cuts that would have hurt working Atlasians. There are other achievements that I was unsure were covered by the focus of the ACLO but are nonetheless progressive policies, and I may have missed some stuff I have done. The No Child Should Be Allowed To Live In Poverty Act, a bill of mine, would have reduced child poverty hugely and given future members of the working class a better shot in life. This struggled in the late 2018 congresses, but essentially the same bill was passed and signed by President Griff in September 2019. I have also played a role in helping form bills for the current trifecta that have boosted the working class of Atlasia. I think it would have been wiser for Elcaspar to wait until I had released more policies before giving this statement, though of course he wouldn't have known my plans.
You took far too long to point out anything recently in your campaign, while MB’s recent work and campaign work was more impressive. If when the race fundamentally changes, I’m sure Elcaspar will then change the endorsement.

PSOL, MB hasn't published a big substantive policy platform yet, it has largely been big picture statements so far from both of us and now I plan to get voters engaged in more detailed policy issues and I hope MB does the same though that remains to be seen.
Why are you talking to me? The A.C.L.O.’s press secretary disagrees with you, he’s the one you should be addressing.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2020, 04:34:26 PM »

Why are you talking to me? The A.C.L.O.’s press secretary disagrees with you, he’s the one you should be addressing.

You raised that specific point so I'm responding to you. Anyway I'll leave it at that for now.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2020, 05:35:24 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

Thank you very much for your endorsement!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »

Thank you very much for your endorsement!
No, thank you for being on the right enough to earn our endorsement. The working people, and those in our ranks, are grateful.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National

HB 22-01: MORE FAIRNESS TO WORKERS ACT
Grading: A+
Very few instances has a bill been introduced to the floor where it aptly allows for a internationalist solution for the workers of the world. The house bill implements a unique solution to the worldwide discrepancies found in global trade, pressuring nations to implement better conditions for their workers. The A.C.L.O. wholly agrees with the findings of Section 2, most notably S.2 C.3 that recognizes the worldwide degradation of worker rights and conditions present in international trade. To correct such discrepancies, by exposing duties representing the lost value if nations do not comply with the current regulations here in Section 3.

SB 22-03: The Red-Green New Deal
Grading: B+
The amendment drastically sets up Atlasia in the right direction by combating the worst crisis facing humanity with workable solutions instead of Green Austerity. Of positive note is the entirety of Section V, in allowing the employees in the NPWA full union membership and employment benefits per project as stipulated in clause four. Where the bill becomes questionable is in the same clause, beginning with subclause a offering a 10% higher wage over the standard living wage. The work done here is not basic in its entirety basic menial labor that this becomes appealing to those earning much higher wages and salaries based in their professions, and there is a risk that workers in this program are being underpaid off the bat unless negotiations take place to correct such errors. Furthermore, there is Section IV, offering a 51% stake to the public. Now we at the Atlas Coalition of Labor Occupations do not oppose the start of giving stakeholders control over the work being done, instead such a clause deserves applause. However, the section gravely does not give note to a major stakeholder in resource extraction operations and other work regarding energy, the workers themselves.

HB 22-08: Unions Forever: The Repeal of Taft-Harley Act (UFA)
Grading: A+
This bill sets out to repeal the anti-union Taft-Hartley Act, which has limited the actions of unions for decades. Especially the striking rights of unions will be expanded, which means that their right to assembly and strike are no longer being unfairly restricted by the government, and on top of that the bill also repeals the prohibition against striking that are currently placed upon federal employees. The bill also makes sure that any restriction that might be placed upon striking federal workers has to go through the Attorney General on a case by case basis, and also has to be confirmed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives. Even more praiseworthy is Section 3, which makes sure that no company is listed on the Atlasian Stock Exchange, unless at least 1/3rd of the companies directors are chosen by the companies employees in a one-employee-one-vote election process. This drastically increase the influence that workers have on their own workplace, which is a positive. Lastly it gives supervisors the same rights to unionise, bargain and work as regular employees have. This bill is positive news for the workers and unions of Atlasia.

The South:
N/A

Fremont:
FT 14-15-Right to Strike Act
Grading: A
This bill seeks to prohibit the use of scab labour, and to fine employers who have been found to use scab labour. What else is there to say other than scab labour is detrimental to the cooperative spirit of unions, and that is why this is a bill worth celebrating.

Lincoln
N/A

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »

No matter who you’re voting for in the South, it’s clear as day that modern day slavery must be abolished. Vote Aye on the referendum in the South.

We here in this union stand up for all workers, and if need be, we will take the struggle to the streets. May the rank-and-file here be mobilized to act in the face of the prisoners continued servitude without pay.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2020, 01:24:37 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 01:36:26 PM by PSOL »

Remember that it takes around 10% of the current membership to request a referendum, so rounding upward it takes three people.

I PSOL request a referendum in which if the referendums to bring into force the Forced Labor Isn't Good Amendment is failed to be ratified in any of the regions, the Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupation shall enter a regional strike.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

Remember that it takes around 10% of the current membership to request a referendum, so rounding upward it takes three people.

I PSOL request a referendum in which if the referendums to bring into force the Forced Labor Isn't Good Amendment is failed to be ratified in any of the regions, the Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupation shall enter a regional strike.

I support our wise chair.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2020, 02:14:39 PM »

I support our wise chair.
Third'd
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »

Fourth.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2020, 04:59:42 PM »

Love the support presented here. I’ll write up a referendum for 12:00AM Central Time.

On more recent matters, it seems we forgot to endorse Tim Turner and West Midlander for the Southern CoD. They are endorsed for their proven legislative work in office already.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2020, 08:47:49 PM »

i would like to be part of this
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:41 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 09:36:31 PM by PSOL »

And so you shall be. That leaves us needing one more member to crack to 25, a good thing seeing as we might go on strike in at least one region soon.

Edit: and lol on my part, the referendum doesn’t end until like 3 days from now.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2020, 12:06:59 AM »

And without an active GM a "general strike" means absolutely nothing. And even if we did have an active GM, it would be entirely their decision whether such a strike would happen regardless.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2020, 12:09:56 AM »

And without an active GM a "general strike" means absolutely nothing. And even if we did have an active GM, it would be entirely their decision whether such a strike would happen regardless.
It’s about the principle dude. Plus we’re getting a GM soon and when that happens I’ll submit the necessary documents to get this rolling as chair of an organization of 24 major players here.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2020, 12:18:21 AM »

In light of the dropping out of such candidates like mb and Lakigigar, I urge everyone apart of this union to vote for Pericles. While his platform is not as favorable as some other candidates, his work on fighting for pro-labor legislation should not be discounted. Pericles is one of the many amazing coordinators of both legislation and politics that have shifted Atlasia in the right direction.

Ultimately this message should not be used to say that no matter what we should align with Labor, nor that bland progressives are our go too. We must ultimately continue riding on this vehicle until a better avenue arises.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2020, 02:50:42 AM »

In light of voting nay on the referendum in the South, the endorsement of Spark for Southern CoD is hereby rescinded.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2020, 07:28:02 PM »

I propose that Bagel23, the original founder of this organization, is endorsed in the CoD race.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2020, 07:31:35 PM »

I propose that Bagel23, the original founder of this organization, is endorsed in the CoD race.
He already is.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »

He already is.
Let me clarify-- Bagel has shown the most commitment to our organization, and therefore deserves corresponding support. Have we realized rankings of the candidates in the race.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2020, 07:45:25 PM »

Update on the Labor Primary
by A.C.L.O Press Secretary Elcaspar

The primary contest has now ended with the recent departure of Senator MB from the contest, the candidate that the A.C.L.O preferred. While this is of course saddening to some of us, it's what Senator MB decided was the right course of action.

That's why the A.C.L.O will today proudly announce it's endorsement of Pericles, who has worked tirelessly as Vice President and Party Chair to promote progressive legislation, and expanding and maintaining the left's majority across Atlasia. Pericles economic plan advocates for fair trade, an expansion for the Earned Income Tax Credit, a likely minimum wage increase, as well as investment in infrastructure and an increase in the top marginal tax rate, and lastly there is mention of increased enforcement of regular corporate taxes, and an 7% tax on corporate profits above $100 million. This platform is one that the A.C.L.O can get behind.

Pericles also has a personal record that shows that he is willing to stand up for working people, such as fighting for affordable housing, fair pay for female workers, as well as passing bill that would reduce child poverty. This is something we can get behind.

THE A.C.L.O ENDORSES PERICLES FOR PRESIDENT!!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2020, 09:45:10 PM »

We now have an active GM, and I am willing to make an ACLO led strike official.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »

Thank you to the ACLO for your endorsement for the general. I appreciate that we are now united to create a better Atlasia where our working class will prosper. I'm going to fight for the working class in this campaign and-if I win-as your President.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies