Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:13:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24786 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »

I urge all those who live in the South to vote for Bagel23 as a first preference. It is clear that there might be two Federalist candidates, and Bagel23 as someone who has done much for the working man as a union leader and voter should be prioritized over the likes of the corrupt Spark, clear Federalist do-nothing delegate Reagante, and WB.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2020, 06:21:29 PM »

I urge all those who live in the South to vote for Bagel23 as a first preference. It is clear that there might be two Federalist candidates, and Bagel23 as someone who has done much for the working man as a union leader and voter should be prioritized over the likes of the corrupt Spark, clear Federalist do-nothing delegate Reagante, and WB.
So ACLO members should vote for a right-wing candidate instead of the 4 left-wing candidates?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »

So ACLO members should vote for a right-wing candidate instead of the 4 left-wing candidates?

You are the blue avvie, not me.

Also, I am proud of my ACLO support

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »

The immense contributions of Bagel23 to the many working Atlasians is enough to prefer him over such candidates like WB and all the austerity freaks of the right. While of course his party involvement and Transphobia could be a hindrance to the working class, his tenure as leader of the Foodstuffs Union is assurance enough that his heart is in the right place.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2020, 07:30:35 PM »

Such a factor extends to the Governor race, in which I expect every Member in this union, and just generally the working class, to vote West_Midlander for Governor.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »

The immense contributions of Bagel23 to the many working Atlasians is enough to prefer him over such candidates like WB and all the austerity freaks of the right. While of course his party involvement and Transphobia could be a hindrance to the working class, his tenure as leader of the Foodstuffs Union is assurance enough that his heart is in the right place.
Yet if Bagel is elected it will be because of the support of standard Conservative Federalists. Not disloyal left-wingers.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »

Such a factor extends to the Governor race, in which I expect every Member in this union, and just generally the working class, to vote West_Midlander for Governor.

More smears from PSOL the man who was too gutless to even rate a bill designed to protect Transport jobs. Union Member voting for Muaddib can trust me to know who got him over the line.

"we swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2020, 09:50:25 PM »

More smears from PSOL the man who was too gutless to even rate a bill designed to protect Transport jobs. Union Member voting for Muaddib can trust me to know who got him over the line.

"we swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."
You say what you want to say porky, we’ll smoke you sooner or later.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »

"Porky". So you're saying I actually have guts unlike yourself Wink
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »

Not for long, we at the A.C.L.O. do like eating rich chitlins if left without a choice Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2020, 12:03:28 AM »

Not for long, we at the A.C.L.O. do like eating rich chitlins if left without a choice Smiley
Most of the A.C.L.O.'s members don't even come from working class backgrounds IRL.

Much like IRL, they're the cringey privileged liberals with no real world experience.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2020, 12:54:44 AM »

Most of the A.C.L.O.'s members don't even come from working class backgrounds IRL.

Much like IRL, they're the cringey privileged liberals with no real world experience.
Can you keep your butthurt on Discord? This thread is not for the tools of bacon to spam it. Thanks. 

There will be a press release tomorrow summarizing the recent events and their importance to this organization.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2020, 01:35:12 AM »

Can you keep your butthurt on Discord? This thread is not for the tools of bacon to spam it. Thanks. 

There will be a press release tomorrow summarizing the recent events and their importance to this organization.

Don't get mad at me for speaking the truth.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2020, 02:12:44 AM »

Don't get mad at me for speaking the truth.
It pains me that I don’t know how to eye-roll at you using atlas commands. It would be so appropriate.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2020, 02:35:31 AM »

PSOL can you point to a single post I have that is Anti Union?

I have fought to protect Southern Job and fought to get a Pro Union candidate and founder of this organisation elected as a delegate. Yet you lack the guts to even rate a job protection bill and obfuscate more than any elected politician. I made it clear that I would take Union votes into consideration in my attitude to legislation yet you still seek to smear me as antiunion and persona non grata for any union member to vote for. If I had been inclined I could have torpedoed the    
S.19.4-2: LABORER Act
which I did not.

In fact I assisted in getting this to a vote:
I motion for a vote on this legislation. Given that this bill has been on the floor for more than 72 hours (118 hours, in fact) and debate has halted for more than 24 hours (32, in fact).

I second the motion.

24 hours for objections.

Furthermore:
The workers united will never be defeated! I am not delaying a vote on this bill. I would like it noted

On a related note, I hope the the Transport Union sees the value of my own bill to protect Southern Transport Jobs, in spite of the fact that A.C.L.O. has decided not to advocate for the long term security of these jobs. I must say that is a most disappointing position for A.C.L.O. whose entire raison d'etre is about protecting workers. The LABORER Act, the bill we are currently debating, got an A+ from A.C.L.O. Maybe A.C.L.O. are just after the increased income they'd receive from these union dues? The LABORER Act regardless of it benefits will make less than a ₿€€'s D!¢K of difference to Transport industry workers in the medium to long term future if those jobs no longer exist due to automation! Plain and simple. The dignity of paid work, and a job well done are fundamental to well being.

Quote from: Ecclesiastes 5:18-20
18 I have seen what is best for people here on earth. They should eat and drink and enjoy their work, because the life God has given them on earth is short. 19 God gives some people the ability to enjoy the wealth and property he gives them, as well as the ability to accept their state in life and enjoy their work. 20 They do not worry about how short life is, because God keeps them busy with what they love to do.

Quote from: Peter Lalor, leader of the Ballarat Reform League

Source Wikipedia

I've done more for the workers of the South than you have. To borrow a quote from former ALP leader and Deputy PM Kim Beazley, you are a "myrmidon in the process of obfuscation" 
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2020, 02:51:11 AM »

PSOL can you point to a single post I have that is Anti Union?

I have fought to protect Southern Job and fought to get a Pro Union candidate and founder of this organisation elected as a delegate. Yet you lack the guts to even rate a job protection bill and obfuscate more than any elected politician. I made it clear that I would take Union votes into consideration in my attitude to legislation yet you still seek to smear me as antiunion and persona non grata for any union member to vote for. If I had been inclined I could have torpedoed the    
S.19.4-2: LABORER Act
which I did not.

In fact I assisted in getting this to a vote:
I motion for a vote on this legislation. Given that this bill has been on the floor for more than 72 hours (118 hours, in fact) and debate has halted for more than 24 hours (32, in fact).

I second the motion.

24 hours for objections.

Furthermore:
The workers united will never be defeated! I am not delaying a vote on this bill. I would like it noted

On a related note, I hope the the Transport Union sees the value of my own bill to protect Southern Transport Jobs, in spite of the fact that A.C.L.O. has decided not to advocate for the long term security of these jobs. I must say that is a most disappointing position for A.C.L.O. whose entire raison d'etre is about protecting workers. The LABORER Act, the bill we are currently debating, got an A+ from A.C.L.O. Maybe A.C.L.O. are just after the increased income they'd receive from these union dues? The LABORER Act regardless of it benefits will make less than a ₿€€'s D!¢K of difference to Transport industry workers in the medium to long term future if those jobs no longer exist due to automation! Plain and simple. The dignity of paid work, and a job well done are fundamental to well being.

Quote from: Ecclesiastes 5:18-20
18 I have seen what is best for people here on earth. They should eat and drink and enjoy their work, because the life God has given them on earth is short. 19 God gives some people the ability to enjoy the wealth and property he gives them, as well as the ability to accept their state in life and enjoy their work. 20 They do not worry about how short life is, because God keeps them busy with what they love to do.

Quote from: Peter Lalor, leader of the Ballarat Reform League

Source Wikipedia

I've done more for the workers of the South than you have. To borrow a quote from former ALP leader and Deputy PM Kim Beazley, you are a "myrmidon in the process of obfuscation" 
It’s not so much that you are anti-union as it is that West Midlander is more pro-union. If I’m being honest you probably will get a higher ranking then most on the right and even centrists if I can get some weighted rating system going on.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »

So what would have been a major obstacle to the working class this regional election turned out to be a flop. The Right was further decimated and demoralized with the inability to make substantial gains in Lincoln and the South, meaning that the nominally Labor party can pass more legislation without resistance. Furthermore, thanks to abstentions and a few on the Right voting to ratify the referendum, we will not be holding demonstrations nor strikes. On the surface, it seems like we can all sleep easy.

However, not everything went our way. It was demonstrated that our endorsements take a secondary note to what will be pushed by the Labor Party, showing our limit of influence in Atlasia. Furthermore, Foodstuffs Union chair Bagel23 was narrowly defeated by a few votes. The takeaway of tonight is that we should not be reliant on the right to be beneficial to us, as they don’t either want to help us without major concessions or can’t due to their irrelevance in Atlasia as of late. The fact of the matter is that Labor is the only major partner we can work with at this time, and any attempt otherwise cannot fall into making workers dislike you.

What I see for the reason we couldn’t get the honorable Bagel23 into the CoD was due to one glaring issue: his public Transphobia. While the A.C.L.O. does not espouse a Democratic Centralist line, as evident by us having members with varying views, the majority of the Labor party and general electorate that would be willing to vote in Leftist candidates do have an unspoken line against bigotry. The point is that no matter how much work one puts in, it is a fatal error to target the many LGBT+ individuals who happen to be and are supported by the workers of Atlasia.

There are other glaring issues evident within the structure of this union. We have no scientific analytical process to rate candidates yet, basing it on memory and perception which has brought attacks on us by the Right. We also have weak participation by members, with perhaps 5 individuals contributing anything to this Union. The result is that public opinion has expectedly declined from our heyday after the 2nd National Assembly, with even our membership hovering around in the mid-twenties for a while. How then can we make an impact if we have no organization, no enthusiasm, and no participation? The solution is being formulated. At some point, I will devise a rough weight system to conduct our ratings taking into effect votes, public announcements, and policy actions to have something more professional. There are also thoughts that we should create a specialized Discord for this union. That should allow cross communication and collaboration to impact participation and enthusiasm. To seal the deal, I have asked the GM to provide data on major statistics that would help to understand where we are as a group.

We have a few months left before May Day, so that is enough time  to get our act together. We will have our third NA a week or two prior to formulate new changes to the makeup and organization of this union.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2020, 02:05:22 PM »

Literally everyone knew the ACLO was just a group for Labor Party hacks. But hey, thanks for finally admitting what's been obvious for a long time.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »

So in light of recent events, I am calling for a petition to issue a national strike in solidarity with the Palestinians, lasting for as long as Atlasia cuts off relations with the ethnostate of Israel.

Who is with me!

X PSOL
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »

So in light of recent events, I am calling for a petition to issue a national strike in solidarity with the Palestinians, lasting for as long as Atlasia cuts off relations with the ethnostate of Israel.

Who is with me!

X PSOL

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »

Who is with me!

X PSOL
What recent events?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2020, 08:28:44 PM »

Not even a worker issue but okay lol
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2020, 11:45:03 AM »

To the members of the Atlas Coalition of Labor Occupations,

Recent events have not been kind to this organization. From the glaring fact that we cannot act as an organized, unified bloc on votes, to a lack of input from members in this democratically-run organization, to an immense slowdown in membership. All of these have manifested themselves in different ways.

First, the lack of communication has impacted the effectiveness of the organization as a united bloc. Only a select few of actual members have done any of the actual work. Such inactivity has hampered the union from conducting its functions. When there was concern over bagel’s endorsement or actions on a possible strike, which I clearly see as a beneficial act of this organization, no one else acted to correct this error. This, in my opinion, can be clearly blamed on a lack of a strong core group of leadership to act on union functions. Other then me, Elcaspar, Bagel, and previously tack50; none of the elected leadership actually does or even wants their position. Even with 3 members, having this much responsibility to do all the work is far too daunting a task.

I care about this organization continuing as a pressure group that does a wide range of activities, and splitting now over my failure to truly turn the organization into such a force should not be the cause. That is why I am stepping down as ACLO chair immediately, and as my final act, am appointing both Elcaspar and Bagel23 as deputy vice chairs to guide us into a new National Assembly by Mid February. These two members, outside of doing much of the work, complement each other in strength and weaknesses. Elcaspar has done a swell job in researching, writing up press releases, and contacting members to act on in their roles. He is the highest ranking member in the core of the union, and thus is completely able to lead. He also is apart of the left of Labor, meaning that he will continue to provide differentiation between us and them. Bagel23 —in roles as a friend, campaigner, and leader of the Foodstuffs Union—also demonstrates much of the roles as leadership in his tenure. He knows how to run the more direct side of this union from someone who was there from the very beginning, something Elcaspar lacks. However, Bagel23 is a divisive figure, in totality due to his previous spats with members and his transphobia. We as an organization cannot survive with driving off members due to their qualities nor the egos of our leadership, even if the leader has his heart 70% of the time in the right place. Indeed, because that 30% weakens the unity of the working class, driving off many Transgender members and those who might view such a decision to be in disagreement with our statutes on protecting LGBT+ rights, including our equal affirmation of Trans Rights. In short, having both of them coordinate decisions together would ensure unity among a broad range of membership while still producing results in the quality members and Atlasia expect.

I’ve been somber for this long, yet I don’t wish to end off with depressing feelings. Look instead at what we accomplished under my tenure as chair together. We are the largest and most active SIG within Atlasia in recent history, and have received wide acclaim. We successfully managed to almost begin mobilization twice. And with my resignation, we will have gone through three successful phases, with each phase more successful then the last.

Let me just state that this doesn’t mean I won’t be active in the organization, nay, I will still contribute my share into improving this union as I see fit. I leave this position with three directives my eventual successor as chair must follow. First is cultivating an active core leadership that constitutes the leadership positions of this union. Second is affirm our independence from labor. The union and the Labor party May see eye to eye on similar goals, indeed that is why many of us are apart of labor, but in the event the party collapses or renegades from being on the right side of the working class, we must not become their willing stooges to rubber stamp their actions. Thirdly is to expand and modify the organization to have the ability to represent different fields and situations, in my preference having a tenants union, and to be more able to function more smoothly. Such work that needs to be done is faster and more common communication, like a specialized discord or other chat room, and a comprehensive analytical rating system for the candidates.

It was a great time being the chair of this organization, and I hope my successor improves on our current work. But for now, my position as chair is done.

Signed, former A.C.L.O. chair PSOL.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »

To the members of the Atlas Coalition of Labor Occupations,

Recent events have not been kind to this organization. From the glaring fact that we cannot act as an organized, unified bloc on votes, to a lack of input from members in this democratically-run organization, to an immense slowdown in membership. All of these have manifested themselves in different ways.

First, the lack of communication has impacted the effectiveness of the organization as a united bloc. Only a select few of actual members have done any of the actual work. Such inactivity has hampered the union from conducting its functions. When there was concern over bagel’s endorsement or actions on a possible strike, which I clearly see as a beneficial act of this organization, no one else acted to correct this error. This, in my opinion, can be clearly blamed on a lack of a strong core group of leadership to act on union functions. Other then me, Elcaspar, Bagel, and previously tack50; none of the elected leadership actually does or even wants their position. Even with 3 members, having this much responsibility to do all the work is far too daunting a task.

I care about this organization continuing as a pressure group that does a wide range of activities, and splitting now over my failure to truly turn the organization into such a force should not be the cause. That is why I am stepping down as ACLO chair immediately, and as my final act, am appointing both Elcaspar and Bagel23 as deputy vice chairs to guide us into a new National Assembly by Mid February. These two members, outside of doing much of the work, complement each other in strength and weaknesses. Elcaspar has done a swell job in researching, writing up press releases, and contacting members to act on in their roles. He is the highest ranking member in the core of the union, and thus is completely able to lead. He also is apart of the left of Labor, meaning that he will continue to provide differentiation between us and them. Bagel23 —in roles as a friend, campaigner, and leader of the Foodstuffs Union—also demonstrates much of the roles as leadership in his tenure. He knows how to run the more direct side of this union from someone who was there from the very beginning, something Elcaspar lacks. However, Bagel23 is a divisive figure, in totality due to his previous spats with members and his transphobia. We as an organization cannot survive with driving off members due to their qualities nor the egos of our leadership, even if the leader has his heart 70% of the time in the right place. Indeed, because that 30% weakens the unity of the working class, driving off many Transgender members and those who might view such a decision to be in disagreement with our statutes on protecting LGBT+ rights, including our equal affirmation of Trans Rights. In short, having both of them coordinate decisions together would ensure unity among a broad range of membership while still producing results in the quality members and Atlasia expect.

I’ve been somber for this long, yet I don’t wish to end off with depressing feelings. Look instead at what we accomplished under my tenure as chair together. We are the largest and most active SIG within Atlasia in recent history, and have received wide acclaim. We successfully managed to almost begin mobilization twice. And with my resignation, we will have gone through three successful phases, with each phase more successful then the last.

Let me just state that this doesn’t mean I won’t be active in the organization, nay, I will still contribute my share into improving this union as I see fit. I leave this position with three directives my eventual successor as chair must follow. First is cultivating an active core leadership that constitutes the leadership positions of this union. Second is affirm our independence from labor. The union and the Labor party May see eye to eye on similar goals, indeed that is why many of us are apart of labor, but in the event the party collapses or renegades from being on the right side of the working class, we must not become their willing stooges to rubber stamp their actions. Thirdly is to expand and modify the organization to have the ability to represent different fields and situations, in my preference having a tenants union, and to be more able to function more smoothly. Such work that needs to be done is faster and more common communication, like a specialized discord or other chat room, and a comprehensive analytical rating system for the candidates.

It was a great time being the chair of this organization, and I hope my successor improves on our current work. But for now, my position as chair is done.

Signed, former A.C.L.O. chair PSOL.

To my colleague and more importantly dear friend PSOL,

Thank you for everything that you have done for this organization. This union would be nothing if you had not come in and made the critical reforms that now bolster us with pride. I have been observing your leadership capabilities ever since you took office, and I hope I may at least have learned a little bit to allow me to fight better for the working families of Atlasia since I last was at the helm. May God grant me the capability and earnest of heart to allow me to at least follow in your footsteps. I look forward to working with Elcaspar to continue going forward.

To my fellow citizens, I am beyond honored and humbled to stand before you today. As I have said before, and will continue to say, I am proud of my roots, and how this nation has provided an opportunity for a simple boy like me to stand before you today. If you had asked my paternal grandad 75 years ago as he was toiling on the mustard fields in Punjab, or my maternal grandad 60 years ago as he was giving his lungs in a Bashkir industrial rubber factory to feed his family, where they think their grandson would be today, I could guarantee you they would not guess here. Yet as the son of immigrants, a simple boy with the only generational history I possess being proud left-aligned laborers, I am here. I am proud of that background. And I swear to God to defend our working Atlasian people, my brothers and sisters, the sons and daughters of those hold similar realities close to their hearts. I will pledge to you my honor, my love, and my labor for you. In doing so, I am prepared to once again take and sign the ACLO Pledge,

I pledge to seek to always uphold the values and interests of the working class, have good intentions at heart, stand with my fellow union brethren in times of need, and to endeavor towards both my best yield in my occupation and uniting together to craft a better world,

So help me God,

God bless you, God bless the ACLO, and may God bless Atlasia. Thank you.

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »

I would like to thank PSOL for his leadership of the union, both while i have been here and before i was here, it's an honour to have been part of, as well as serving this union as Press Secretary under your leadership, and to have witnessed your adherence to serving the working families all over Atlasia.

I will gladly take up the responsibility given to me, alongside Bagel23, as deputy vice chairs to revitalize the A.C.L.O and lead it into a brighter future of activity, more democratic participation from the membership, and a strong core leadership that can make sure that activity and democratic participation can be maintained in the A.C.L.O. I will my pledge to this union once again, to show a renewed dedication towards fighting for the working people all over Atlasia.

I pledge to seek to always uphold the values and interests of the working class, have good intentions at heart, stand with my fellow union brethren in times of need, and to endeavor towards both my best yield in my occupation and uniting together to craft a better world.

So help me Dave,

x Elcaspar
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies