Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24817 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

National Strike Referendum

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[  ] Aye

[ x ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

I agree with all the points raised, but view a strike as detrimental to workers and everyone else at this point of time. More needs to be done in Congress to mitigate the effects of the virus on workers and to make sure they are not left without any income.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 01:23:48 PM by Representative Elcaspar »

The vote was supposed to end yesterday, but i will allow the extra 24 hours that would be needed for me and Jimmy to vote. Not that it will matter much since the vote is tied either way.
I vote Aye.

Referendum is tied 5-5, 4-4 if you don't count me and Jimmy. Not sure what happens if this is the case.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2020, 02:00:17 PM »

There is no precedent, codified or otherwise, in the bylaws agreed upon in the 2nd National Assembly. The decision is clearly in the hands of the chairs of this organization, of which Elcaspar and bagel23 are interim for-chairs.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

Seeing as there's strong division here, and we need a tiebreaker anyways, I'll change my vote to "No," when I first voted for this, I thought that there was a good case for it, but now I think it's a bad idea to hold a strike in a crisis, so I don't think that this is a good idea.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2020, 08:07:31 PM by PSOL »

Seeing as there's strong division here, and we need a tiebreaker anyways, I'll change my vote to "No," when I first voted for this, I thought that there was a good case for it, but now I think it's a bad idea to hold a strike in a crisis, so I don't think that this is a good idea.
Kind of too late and outside of your hands. It’s all within Bagel23’s hands.

Edit: There sure is a crisis of underpaid workers being threatened with deportation, thus scaring them from getting tested. There’s a crisis of medical workers on the frontlines of a war, but compensated diddly squat and without proper PPE. There’s definitely a crisis of people unfairly terminated to preserve profits instead of for the common good. Those are all part of the real crisis this pandemic has brought. If the Labor party Apparatchik, Jimmy Von Strasser, and West “Kerensky” Midlander disagree, then so be it, but we operate under an organized yet decentralized, democratic principle for the Atlasian worker.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2020, 08:45:37 PM »

. If the Labor party Apparatchik, Jimmy Von Strasser, and West “Kerensky” Midlander disagree, then so be it, but we operate under an organized yet decentralized, democratic principle for the Atlasian worker.

So Labor Party is Nazbol gang confirmed? Tongue
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2020, 10:57:14 PM »

I know we did not give out endorsements, but it would be foolish to not vote for one of our interim co chairs and Thumb21, who have worked hard to fight for the working class during this crisis. It would also be foolish to not vote MB and straight ticket Labor in the South, considering the catastrophe the WM Governorship has been.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:09 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2020, 08:14:27 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

It’s all within Bagel23’s hands

PSOL: You said it best, when you said leave it to the co-chair(s).

You stepped down from the leadership of this organization. I think we should let the current leadership decide on what course to take with the strike, whether or not to count S019's changed vote and whether or not to endorse since an endorsement vote was not held. I would hope the leadership of the ACLO will simply not endorse since the members did not have a chance to vote on endorsements, but it is up to the co-chairs.

I don't think endorsement is an open-and-shut case, however. I received the ACLO endorsement last time and wrote and voted for the LABORER Act which outlawed RTW in the South. That Act, of course, passed the Chamber and was taken up under Governer Leinad's administration.

I don't know what catastrophe you're talking about: I've signed three coronavirus-related executive orders and a number of others regarding other issues. This administration has also signed more bills than the previous one.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2020, 01:09:18 PM »

I know we did not give out endorsements, but it would be foolish to not vote for one of our interim co chairs and Thumb21, who have worked hard to fight for the working class during this crisis. It would also be foolish to not vote MB and straight ticket Labor in the South, considering the catastrophe the WM Governorship has been.

Cite examples or GTFO
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2020, 01:28:59 PM »

Ok Kerensky

I know we did not give out endorsements, but it would be foolish to not vote for one of our interim co chairs and Thumb21, who have worked hard to fight for the working class during this crisis. It would also be foolish to not vote MB and straight ticket Labor in the South, considering the catastrophe the WM Gover

Cite examples or GTFO
My entire monologue in my office for one.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »

I have nothing, I'm just being a normal Labor shill with no facts to back it.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »

For the record PSOL is a registered independent and the ACLO is a non-partisan organization
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2020, 02:34:23 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2020, 10:36:51 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Why so triggered? What could I have done to cause such fumigation?!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »

Why so triggered? What could I have done to cause such fumigation—oh tell me VVitch of Virginia?!

If your statements had any credibility, you wouldnt be urging anyone to pref TimTurner or Prag because they were the cause of inactivity in the Southern Chamber. The fact that you lack a spine to call them our specifically and choose to push for endorsing the Labor slate proves you don't actually care, you just want a Labor win, even if that means electing people who have proven over multiple sessions they won't do the work.

If West_Midlander hadn't changed parties, you would not have said anything against him. You know this. I know this. Everyone knows this.

Try being honest for once in your Atlasian career.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »

For the record PSOL is a registered independent and the ACLO is a non-partisan organization

ACLO has proven time and time again it is completely partisan, no matter how much y'all pretend you aren't. PSOL's registration in Atlasia is irrelevant when he's made clear he will bend over and take it from Labor bosses if they demanded so.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »

Is it really a surprise that a workers organisation would usually side with the Labor Party, when the Labor Party usually sides with the interests of the workers?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

Is it really a surprise that a workers organisation would usually side with the Labor Party, when the Labor Party usually sides with the interests of the workers?

When a worker's organization is filled with people who have never experienced being poor and never worked in the real world is clearly shilling for a party filled with the same sort of people, sure it's not surprising. Just don't pretend it's because you are siding with the interests of workers.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2020, 04:32:14 PM »

I can't handle being rightfully called out.

I'm perfectly fine. However, you seem to be the one that needs the help:

I’m feeling better, thanks for the concern. How about you though? It seems my pale of water is having an opposite effect, VVitch, your collapsing in on yourself. Your liquified remains are just melting on the floor, exposing that your body is filled with nothing but hate and spite. I do hope for the best though Wink
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2020, 04:35:22 PM »

The Labor party response has been lukewarm to the working class of Atlasia. Other then sloshing money around, there has been little work on wages and employment concerns until the vote to strike occurred. Furthermore, undocumented workers and those without a fixed location of legal residence have not had their concerns addressed.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »

The Labor party response has been lukewarm to the working class of Atlasia. Other then sloshing money around, there has been little work on wages and employment concerns until the vote to strike occurred. Furthermore, undocumented workers and those without a fixed location of legal residence have not had their concerns addressed.
Undocumented workers don't deserve to have their concerns addressed. They have no right to be here.

If they want their concerns addressed, it's better they go back home and fix things there.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »

Undocumented workers don't deserve to have their concerns addressed. They have no right to be here.

If they want their concerns addressed, it's better they go back home and fix things there.

It's kind of inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't help undocumented workers. Also many of them have fled terrible conditions and if they go back their lives would be in grave danger. Why should we send millions of people back into perilous conditions? Instead, let them pay back taxes and give them a path to legalization, that's a sensible, moderate approach. We can't deport people who've been here for years, it's just not right.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »

It's kind of inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't help undocumented workers. Also many of them have fled terrible conditions and if they go back their lives would be in grave danger. Why should we send millions of people back into perilous conditions? Instead, let them pay back taxes and give them a path to legalization, that's a sensible, moderate approach. We can't deport people who've been here for years, it's just not right.

Our immigration laws exist for a reason. They chose to break it. They deserve to find out their actions have consequences. 
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »

Our immigration laws exist for a reason. They chose to break it. They deserve to find out their actions have consequences. 

Liberalization of immigration laws is something that most people agree that we need. Even a good chunk of conservatives agree that we need liberalized immigration law, but anyways, this is way off topic, and has no relation to the work of this union or labor unions, in general.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #398 on: April 17, 2020, 04:51:14 PM »

Liberalization of immigration laws is something that most people agree that we need. Even a good chunk of conservatives agree that we need liberalized immigration law, but anyways, this is way off topic, and has no relation to the work of this union or labor unions, in general.

If the organization truly cares about workers, they wouldn't be defending undocumented immigrants.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2020, 04:55:21 PM »

For an irrelevant organization, the Atlasian Coalition of Labour Occupations sure seems to attract the ire of major ACP member fhtagn. The drive in her is unparalleled against us, perhaps even reminiscent of the feud with Pericles before his ascension to the Presidency.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies