Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24822 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« on: June 07, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »

x thumb21
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

I don't know to what extent this is still alive but I'll still post here because I want to bump this thread and hopefully bring this back.

I am also requesting the endorsement of the ACLO for my campaign for house. I believe very strongly in the ability of workers to work together in a union to make their voice heard. Many benefits we enjoy today are a direct result of the work of unions.

One area where I really think we could be making strides in the future is for the rights of workers in the "gig economy" don't enjoy nearly as many rights as people in traditional employment.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »

Elcaspar
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 08:19:31 AM »

Nay

I'd just add that Pericles has invoked the Defense Production Act and a bill is passing the house right now which uses this to mass produce protective equipment and testing equipment ect. I'm also writing a bill to provide accomodation for homeless people in this time, and testing is provided for free regardless of citizenship or residence status, so including for people who aren't here legally.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »

There isn't a democratic mandate to go on strike, S019 said he wanted to change his vote. The decision to go on strike was made by bagel, not the members.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 07:09:36 PM »

There isn't a democratic mandate to go on strike, S019 said he wanted to change his vote. The decision to go on strike was made by bagel, not the members.
S019 should have voted nay then. He didn’t, and there was tons of time for concerned members to vote nay, so here we are. Look, by all accounts this was a contested vote, but rules are rules and we followed them in accordance to common sense.

We had time for debate when we brought forth the petition to start a vote, and even then some more on the voting itself, now we will be more prepared to go forward next time, with members now more aware of the weight and brevity of their vote.
Support for the strike might have won on technicalities, but it doesn't change the fact that there isn't majority support for this among the members of the ACLO.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »

S019 should have voted nay then. He didn’t, and there was tons of time for concerned members to vote nay, so here we are. Look, by all accounts this was a contested vote, but rules are rules and we followed them in accordance to common sense.

We had time for debate when we brought forth the petition to start a vote, and even then some more on the voting itself, now we will be more prepared to go forward next time, with members now more aware of the weight and brevity of their vote.
Support for the strike might have won on technicalities, but it doesn't change the fact that there isn't majority support for this among the members of the ACLO.
lol, so theoretically one can retract their vote in Atlasian elections after voting procedure or irl to vote for some other option? By all accounts, the strike was voted upon in a democratic fashion.
My point is about the principle of democracy and the ACLO listening to its members, not the procedures of this vote. Obviously every election or referendum either national, or within an organisation needs to have rules that must be observed, I wasn't disputing that. My point was that there isn't a majority support for this strike among the members of the ACLO and this isn't something you've really addressed because your argument has been based entirely on rules and procedures, rather than what members of the union actually want. I think that if the ACLO wants to call itself a democratic organisation, it has to take into account the opinion of its members and it can't simply rely on procedural disputes.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:02 PM »

lol, so theoretically one can retract their vote in Atlasian elections after voting procedure or irl to vote for some other option? By all accounts, the strike was voted upon in a democratic fashion.
My point is about the principle of democracy and the ACLO listening to its members, not the procedures of this vote. Obviously every election or referendum either national, or within an organisation needs to have rules that must be observed, I wasn't disputing that. My point was that there isn't a majority support for this strike among the members of the ACLO and this isn't something you've really addressed because your argument has been based entirely on rules and procedures, rather than what members of the union actually want. I think that if the ACLO wants to call itself a democratic organisation, it has to take into account the opinion of its members and it can't simply rely on procedural disputes.
If you don’t like the referendum results, we have a process to stop it. Just get 1/10 members (~3) to call another referendum. However, given the split, I expect things to go the same way.
The President and Congress have already shown themselves to be willing to listen to the ACLO and implement ideas that have been brought forward by it and have shown a general strike to be completely unnessessary, yet the leadership of this organisation continues to insist on it and have used procedural tricks to force it through despite the tied results of the referendum and the changing views of its members. No thanks, I'm out.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »

You are very welcome to propose some bills to implement these ideas and most of them will pass. A list of demands isn't gonna accomplish these things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies