Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:11:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24810 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: May 23, 2019, 06:36:38 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2019, 06:49:06 PM by tack50 »

Not sure if a sitting politician can join am organization like this, but you have my full support!

Edit: After reading more posts and hearing more about the organization's past, I'm rescinding my full endorsement, but I will still fight for the rights of workers in this country and will accept this organization's support on that fight if it so chooses.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »

X tack50
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 11:16:24 AM »

General Ballot.

A.C.L.O Guidelines for the 1st National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose
1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION I: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other Physical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system

SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Betraying the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Notorious Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members if called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes, leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates with the public on Union issues.

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[X] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »

Nice work with the endorsements and grading the bills! This is how the civilian scene should actually look like.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »

x tack50
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »

I should note that for attendees that want to come as members, members of the press, or other grouping; a clarification is needed on your status.

Also, union positions are open for chairperson, press secretary, and the unions making up the organization. Do we have any other nominees, you know, other than myself for chair?

I nominate myself for press secretary. I was unsure on whether to take a formal position or not as I'm an officeholder right now but I guess that position won't hurt.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »

Second Assembly of the A.C.L.O

Introductions

Good Afternoon to all the attendees on this fine day that we hold our second National Assembly of the Atlasian Coalition for Labor Occupations. We will be discussing how we will shakeup our organization in order to best respond to the needs of the working class, as well as recent events in Atlasia.

We will be deciding how to best structure our organization by voting on the the following changes to our guidelines, marked in red. These changes range from superficial grammatical changes to wholesale, radical changes to the core of the union. I urge everyone to read it carefully before submitting your ballot. On another note, know that there will be an acceptance of changes by the members here; to change anything, just submit a change like you do on any bill in Atlasia. With that, I think everything else is straightforward.

Next thing on the agenda, the status of Atlasian worker rights. Recent times have been often mixed or unclear where Atlasia is heading on this issue. While we’ve seen major wins on the recognition of May1st as the true day of laborers and a sweeping overhaul in Lincoln, other regions have stagnated on this issue. Furthermore, the recently passed Woke Workers Act is possibly going to be a major issue going forward as a sneaky introduction of Right-To-Work. In order to best combat these pitfalls, we must be quick in ensuring our rights are upheld. I am issuing a general strike to be held under the condition that the true extent of the bill is true, approved of democratically by this National Assembly’s composition of members. Friends, while I can be sure that some of you are unprepared and worried about a blowback from a strike, rest assured that our numbers and unity in this act will insulate us from any clear threat. In that case, at 1:30 PM (CT), I hereby call that voting procedure is open.

General Ballot.

This election will last for exactly 72 hours beginning at 1:30 PM (Central Daylight Time) on Wednesday, June 12 and ending at 1:30 PM (Central Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 15. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions
1. Please vote yes, no or abstain on the question of whether the A.C.L.O Objective’s Framework should be ratified. Abstentions do not affect the final outcome. A successful vote for ratification will result in the immediate ratification of the amendment upon certification.

2. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

3. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

4. It is prohibited against the A.C.L.O guidelines to a) delete your ballot after the voting period is closed and before the results are certified or delete your ballot after the 20 minute edit period and revote and/or b) intimidate or attempt to place undue pressure on a voter to delete their ballot as outlined in part a or invalidate their ballot.

5. Please note multiple posts within the voting booth (with the exception of the original ballot post posted by the election administrator) are prohibited and will result in your ballot being invalid

Eligibility
You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) are present within Atlasia; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of inactivity or expulsion; (c) and (e) have made 10 posts in the last 8 weeks (posts only count if made before the start of this election).

A.C.L.O Guidelines for the 1st National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose

1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION II: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other Pphysical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in
       any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of
       the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers. basic human rights in general and including those pertinent to the working Atlasian population.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system
   d. The right to assembly
   e. The right to organize in any way the workers see fit

5. The A.C.L.O. is committed to the continued existence of humanity by the protection of the continued habitability of planet Earth, as the working population is often the most affected by ecosystem disturbances
   a. The A.C.L.O is committed to fight for the stakeholders in times of strain due to malicious profit- 
       seeking ultimately causing catastrophe.
   b. It is in the working people’s best interest to seek out job retraining programs into less
    environmentally costly industries if the workers are affected by job loss from environmental
    legislation.
6. Atlasia must strive to be at full employment
    a. Due to the increasing redundancy of several industries, the best way to solve them is to provide
        I. More in the way of welfare spending as workers transition into another job
        II. More investment into job retraining programs that are
            1. Less likely to be lost in the process of future automation
            2. Be in jobs that provide a livelihood

SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations
      IIIIII. Harms done by excessive profit seeking to local stakeholders.

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums
   c. Reports are released in intervals of two weeks the latest, not counting emergency or high profile
       notifications

3. The union will increase awareness of our rights by conducting annual demonstrations
  on May 1st

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)
   e. Mass Retail and Clerical Alliance
   f. Unified Screen Actor Guild and Writers Union of Atlasia (U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A.)
   g. Reporters Without Precariance (R.W.P)
   e. Mineral Extraction and Processing Occupations (M.E.P.O.)

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not
       opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members
      I. If called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes,
      leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless
      overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates
      with the public on Union issues.

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

A.C.L.O. Call for Industrial Action.

SECTION I
1. The A.C.L.O. will conduct a general strike if our demands are not met
    a. Clarification on whether the ability of assembly to organize for the rights of workers is protected
        by the laws of Atlasia in a quick, understandable manner by the end of the week

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

A.C.L.O. Leadership election.

Chair elections

[ X ] PSOL

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

A.C.L.O. Leadership election.

Press Secretary Elections

[ X ] tack50

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

Industrial Coalition Organization

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA

United Farmworkers

[ X ] [Write-in] Scott

[  ] NOTA

Foodstuffs Union

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA

W.T.A.

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA

A.S.T.

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA

C.C.C.E.

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA

M.R.C.A

U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A

[  ] [Write-in]

[ X ] NOTA
n Gothic Medium][  ] NOTA

R.W.P
[] WI
[X]NOTA

MEPO
[WI]
[Nota]
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:37 PM »

A.C.L.O Endorsements for June 9-15, 2019

We the A.C.L.O endorse the following candidates for higher office.

Lincoln
Gubernatorial Endorsement:Peebs
Grading: A+
She’s got a good history of being with the people, hasn’t maliciously attacked unions, and isn’t a conservative. The fact of the matter is that Lincoln has drastically improved under her tenure compared to other regions, and a lack of a serious challenger proves that is so.

Uh, you must have confused her with someone else? (probably incumbent governor Peanut).

Peebs is not running for any offices at the moment to my knowledge. She isn't even a citizen of Lincoln, living instead in the South.

The current candidates for Lincoln governor are Peanut (Labor) and SNJC (Independent Federalist).

Also, I accidentally screwed up my ballot Sad

For the record: Aye on the proposed platform changes, Abstain on the call to action.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »

I fear I have to side with the Congresswoman here. The Employees Must Be Legal Act is overall a positive bill.

We should encourage businesses to hire legal inmigrants who get all the rights of labour in this country, not illegal inmigrants who can easily be exploited by their bosses.

I have always been of the opinion that we must have a tough line against illegal inmigration, but to compensate we need to loosen inmigration restrictions and allow those same inmigrants to come in legally. To that effect I also echo Jimmy's concerns even if I would personally vote differently.

Finally to clarify just in case, the above is a statment I am doing as a private citizen and not endorsed or authorized by the ACLO.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »

Now talking as the ACLO's press secretary and not a private citizen:

Official ACLO Ratings for Senate and Lincoln Council

Fremont Senate:

Ontario Progressive
Grading: A
Explanation: ON Prog has been a splendid voice for the rights of labor in this country. He introduced an amendment that took out at least one of the many bad regulation repeals, repealing a section of the Clean Air Act regarding CO2. He has also picked up many pro-workers regulations in the Senate like the Transactions Fairness Act and the Worker Retention & Firing Act. If elected he will remain a voice for the workers of Fremont

Southern Senate

Weatherboy
Grading: A-
Explanation: While his presidency was marked by inactivity, the workers of this country can thank him for 2 important things. First he ended the war in Korea that had killed many thousands of Atlasians. Secondly he repealed right to work regulations that directly harmed the right of workers to organize and fight for their rights. Senator Weatherboy will be a good voice for the workers of the South

Vern
Grading: D
Explanation: As Senator he has not really tackled the issue of worker's rights directly other than through a few indirect votes. He voted in favour of the Dumb Regulations repeal and the ironically named "Woke Worker Protection Act". If his Presidential platform is any indication, he will not fight for the rights of labour in this country at all. However he is nowhere near the worst offender on this regard, which says less about him than about other federal legislators.

Lincoln Senate
As both Press Secretary of the ACLO and candidate on this race, there is a big conflict of interest for me on this race, so this race shall be rated by Chairman PSOL.

Lincoln Council Special:

PSOL
Explanation: As the person who revived a once dead labor union he deserves recognition. He also has been one of the most active civilians, constantly fighting for the rights of labour in this country through lobbying legislators. If he is elected to the Council, he will do the same he has been doing until now and be a tireless voice for labor.

Wazza
Grading: N/A
Explanation: With no platform, no prior record and not even commenting in Atlasia lately, he can't really be graded. The Federalist party traditionally has not been a strong supporter of worker's rights but Wazza himself has done nothing he can be graded on, for better or worse.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 07:21:46 AM »

Since Wazza now has a platform, he can finally be given a proper rating

Lincoln Council Special:

Wazza
Grading: D-
Explanation: Wazza's platform calls for austerity, business deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy, all goals that the ACLO frontally opposes. He does have the silver lining of supporting environmental regulations and the carbon tax. I considered an F rating (or a weird F+ rating), but since he is a new Atlasian we will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a D- score, but he will need to change a lot of the platform if he wants a higher score.

On hindsight I think Vern's grade was a bit low (maybe deserving a D+ or C-), but I will cling to the current one for now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 05:57:11 PM by tack50 »

After a bit more research, here are more ratings:

Official ACLO ratings for House, June 2019

Razze
Explanation: Razze has been a consistent voice for workers rights in this country, supporting many good bills like the End Corporate Bidding Act and the Co-Determination act; and rejecting the bad George Soros Day Act. The only thing he is missing is some actual laws or amendment proposed by himself, but he will be a strong voice for workers regardless.

Wulfric
Explanation: The person who brought austerity to the South through regional PAYGO and cuts in healthcare and education when they could be avoided, Wulfric has consistently voted against many of the goals of this organization. Wulfric can't be counted upon to stand for the workers of this country.

fhtagn
Grading: F
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

Jackson Hitchcock
Grading: B
Explanation: A bit more clarity on the issues directly related to worker's rights would be appreciated, but overall Jackson Hitchock's platform has many more positives than negatives, being a strong supporter of healthcare and wanting increased infrastructure investment.

JGibson
Explanation: A very similar case to Razze's, JGibson has been a strong vote for the workers of this country supporting ACLO supported bills and opposing the same bills as this organization. Again just like Razze the only thing missing would be some amendments or bills proposed by himself.

YE
Explanation: The Labor/Pax nominee in the last presidential election, YE has been a strong voice for the workers of the West in his time in Parliament, supporting better healthcare through Medical Care Act 2.0 and the Medical Transparency Act. YE might be one of the strongest legislators for workers in Atlasia.

ReaganClinton
Grading: C-
Explanation: The former governor of Lincoln, his track record while in office was hit and miss. He supported farmers through the Act for Lincoln's Farms and increased education through the "Education is good Early Act". However his time in office also included many attacks on the workers of Lincoln, most notably the passage of the Right to Work Act of 2018. RC's track record is very inconsistent and his apparent support of right to work should rightfully scare all workers of Atlasia, but he is also not the worst we can do.

Alancia
Grading: C
Explanation: The most inactive Representative, we can't really judge Alancia much on his votes (other than abstaining on the Corporate bidding Act). He does self-identify as a centre-leftist economically and supported some pro-worker legislation, so we will give him the benefit of the doubt even if he is a big question mark in some aspects.

lfromnj
Explanation: A supporter of austerity and cuts in Lincoln and someone who has voted against most pro-worker legislation in the region like the Fair Wages Act Amendment and the Keep the Workplace Safe Act, lfromnj will not be a positive force for the workers of this country, but rather the opposite.

TeaPartyHater
Explanation: TPH has thankfully posted a detailed platform in his campaign thread. Said platform is compatible with the ACLO's goals for the most part even if it's a bit vague or not ideal on some aspects. It is a shame though that his votes in the House have not matched this organization's goals. We can do worse than TPH in the House, but we could also do much better.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
HB 18-40: Commonsense Welfare Reform Act
The so called “Commonsense” Welfare Reform Act is another way to institute a pro-business agenda by sabotaging the functionality of the Atlasian governments’ official organs so as to prevent a failing policy as “proof” of further cuts, a common ploy by those backed by Big Money. Section II erroneously combines numerous functions and agencies under one body without care for budgetary concerns, bureaucratic holdups, and friction in the application of the body. It puts to jeopardy the health concerns of food, employee training programs, and other programs that are used by the working class of Atlasia. Further down the bill, Section III overhauls the entire welfare system of the nation. They cancel a host of “redundant” programs targeting lower income Atlasians in Section III Clause 5 and 6. The section also includes restrictions put on eligible applicants, such as the restriction of buying gum. With all these negatives, there is light that saves this bill from the hovel, such as the restrictions of wealthy Atlasians from accessing payment (S.IV C.g) and the removal of unnecessarily blocking those who have a felony from accessing SNAP payments (S.III C.2).

SB: Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+
The bill Finally gets rid of the shameful designation of Atlasia being the only major economy without PTO. It is unfair that Atlasian workers are subject to threats of termination and poverty from having to call in sick for work, and this bill provides a start. Emphasis on the start, the bill doesn’t go far enough in providing enough time for all of the specific purposes needing PTO. While the workers of Atlasia would like a start, the fact of the matter is that this bill needs more in the way of revision to provide ample benefits deserved by the workers

SB series: Dumb Regulations Repeal Acts
Grading: F-
Time and time again, this series of senate bills has threatened common sense regulations with its malicious euphemism of a “dumb” law. I would gladly point out every piece of anti-worker drivel it is drenched in, but such a task would be too exhaustive on this organization. I do recommend that revisions be put in place to save the few nuggets of positive change they bring at times, which would require massive excising of the acts in question.

Lincoln
L.C. 2.28: Resolution to Establish the Budget of the Lincoln Government
Grading: B-
The current rendition of the Lincoln budget is good in its allocations of funds, less so its methods. The bill establishes a Luxury tax and a somewhat progressive tax rate on property, but the Atlasian worker would be concerned about the flat taxes on transportation costs. While we at the A.C.L.O. Recognize the need to change human habits for the sustained existence as a species, a flat tax is inherently viewed as regressive. A change to a progressive variation of it would be much obliged, not falling into the same pitfalls of Yellow Vest protests that continues to rock France.

The South
N/A

Fremont
FT 12-06: Fremont Farm Bill of 2019
The issues present in the first draft have been revised. Now, the bill offers sweeping protection of workers’ rights. It prohibits the abuse of child workers and its language implicitly protects migrant workers. Without the DDT section, this is wholly endorsed as a good bill.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »

SB: Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+
The bill Finally gets rid of the shameful designation of Atlasia being the only major economy without PTO. It is unfair that Atlasian workers are subject to threats of termination and poverty from having to call in sick for work, and this bill provides a start. Emphasis on the start, the bill doesn’t go far enough in providing enough time for all of the specific purposes needing PTO. While the workers of Atlasia would like a start, the fact of the matter is that this bill needs more in the way of revision to provide ample benefits deserved by the workers
I contest this rating (and also the use of yellow font, which no one can read) - the bill was shown to the ACLO Chair before being introduced for feedback and garnered his support with no concerns mentioned. It was also discussed in the Domestic Policy Council (which includes ACLO members) where no concerns were raised. The bill is a great increase from status quo for workers rights. There is a lack of consistency in ratings, as bills that do far less to advance workers rights have received a higher rating.
While the A.C.L.O. wholeheartedly supports the start of PTO, including this bill, we must be on point to reach above and beyond for what we feel is best for the working Atlasian population. We wholeheartedly endorse the bill if its likelihood to pass is greater than a renegotiation.
Multiple members of ACLO, including yourself, saw this bill before it was introduced and all expressed support. Every piece of feedback we received during the DPC meeting was included in this bill. Would have loved to work with your members on how this bill can be improved before introducing, instead, everyone just said they liked it and stayed quiet...until now when you give a poor rating out of the blue!!

If you actually want to see improvements to this bill, I suggest reaching out to myself, Devout Centrist (the bill sponsor) and other senators and members of Congress. Giving a poor rating and saying it doesn't go far enough doesn't do anything to improve workers lives - what WILL help is taking action and working with members of the executive and legislative branch on improvements, people who have shown to be more than willing to work with you!!

You know what? I agree with you Mr. President. And that is why, if I am elected to the Senate (and the bill is still on the floor), I pledge to bring an amendment to the PTO bill doubling the amount of paid leave. (so 10 days inmediately and 20 days in 2022).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »

Also, Abstain on fhtagn's censure vote

She is a deplorable represenative on the issue of worker's rights and I encourage all voters in this country to vote anyone else for House. But I don't think a censure is the most appropiate course of action.

She does fully deserve the F- she got and that's only because we can't really give anything lower than that.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »

Long day at work = long afterwork rant.

Yeah, I originally had hopes this would become a legit nonpartisan pressure group but its become apparent this is a just another partisan hack group.

I mean giving a C+ grade to a PTO bill because it only expands the law a lot instead of a whole lot is b.s. you're supposed to dock for stuff you disagree with, not things you totally agree with but want to expand. Why would anyone taking your fake ranking seriously want to vote for something that has a neutral rating? You gave all the laborites As, well by voting for a C+ bill you actually have to rank them lower if they vote for a natioal PTO bill. If anything you are promoting nothing changing and killing this bill. Its like ranking an increase in the minimum wage to $14.50 and hour as a C+ bill because youd prefer $15. Insanity. Thats like a quarterback only ever throwing hail mary touchdown passes on every single play.

Refusing to identify concerns with bills is childish. If I can be bothered to spend 8 hrs of my limited free time researching, writing, and advocating for my last couple of dumb reg bills the least you can do is point out what you dont like in it. Especially since hardly anything in these bills ever touches on workers issues under the purported purview of this group.

The rankings for candidates were clearly partisan as the ACLOs own scorecards were not followed and were applied inconsistently. The Laborites who killed Occupational licensing reform in Lincoln weren't affected in their ranking despite how anti worker killing that was. The laborites who voted against guaranteed Call In Pay, which is something every labor organization wants weren't docked grades for that despite this organization publicly endorsing the bill and calling it the standard.The laborites who voted to name a day after anti worker billionaire money man Soros werent docked despite this organization docking non-laborites ... that MB can have a perfect score despite voting for the Koch bill that yall docked federalists for supporting is prima facia evidence. Yall put out an emergency call to kill a bill that would have increased the number of higher paying jobs available to domestic union workers by solely fining rich fatcats and big corporations ... why wouldn't workers want that? I mean, I guess considering the person throwing out the arbitrary rankings is a partisan elected official it makes since that all rankings support his party. Lets just dispense with this hilarious pretense of objectivity.

Could yall vote to censure me too? Id like to be held in contempt by this unfair, inconsistent, ad hoc joke of an organization. It would be fitting since ive written more pro worker bills that have become law than probably anyone in this group (save maybe Scott if he is in this group). I know Fhtagn is similarly situated having pushed through several pro worker bills. I'll gladly stand with workers over this joke group any day.

I think i covered everything. If I missed something point it out in your votes to censure me.

Let's be clear, the ACLO obviously has very clear pro-worker political leanings (that is the whole point). But it is not a partisan organization. The ACLO will oppose the Labor and Peace parties whenever they start introducing legislation that harms the workers of Atlasia.

Also, Mr. R you must have missed the part where we gave Wulfric a D- score, on par with Tea Party Hater and lower than Alancia (both Federalists); for supporting austerity and essencial service cuts in the South.

Similarly the ACLO has given decent to good scores to non-Labor candidates like Jackson Hitchcock (B), ReaganClinton (C-) and Alancia (C).

I won't lie, there is some inconsistency in grading because we have not used scorecards, these are mostly subjective ratings.

A C is a decent score and the PTO bill is decent. It is not an outstanding bill, that is why it does not get an A. If it makes it any clearer, the concept of PTO itself is an A+ concept, but its implementation as designed by the president is a C. You want concerns? Ok I will give you some:

-Not enough paid time days. Most developed countries use 20 days of paid leave. This bill only gives workers half as much time.

-Does not apply to part time employees.  Part time employees have as much of a right to paid leave as full time employees

-It might also be worthwhile to give paid leave to employees of small businesses.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:32 PM »

Tack, coming from an American perspective here, a C+ is generally not considered "decent". B- or B (really B) might be closer to that, but most people think of C+ as "sort of bad but not awful".

If you meant for C+ to indicate a decent or above average bill you may want to specify where exactly the scale you're using goes.

Fair, maybe I am used to my own grades, this was my thought process:

F: Horrible/Failure
D: "Barely acceptable but still nowhere near great"
C: Average/decent
B: Good
A: Amazing

In fact, the passing grade here of 50/100 would be considered an F in the US apparently? Surprise (RIP myself and many of my colleagues is that was the case here lol)

I will clarify the legislative gradings were done by Chairman PSOL while the candidate ratings (both for House and Senate) were done by myself (although we both asked the other for the green light), so at least for the legislative ratings that shouldn't be an issue.

If you want, just add 1-2 spots to everyone. So a C becomes a C+, a B+ becomes an A-, etc
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Sounds like you'd rather have nothing pass than the current bill. You are holding the workers who stand to benefit hostage. That you think it should go further doesn't mean it has flaws. There is no harm in it passing from your point of view. It only helps workers right? Thatd be like me docking my own dumb reg bills because i only get 44 out of the original 50 passed. Why is your rating not measured against the status quo?

If that is what it sounds like, let me clarify then. This bill is better than nothing. If it came to a final vote in this form, I would encourage all Representatives and Senators to vote in favour but I would be disappointed.

However that doesn't warrant a rating any higher than a C. Just like I would rather pass an exam with a C than fail it, I would rather pass this bill than not; but we can and should do better (and as I said, I pledged to introduce an amendment if elected to the Senate). Better than nothing is not exactly a high bar and we must not be content with that.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 08:37:59 AM »

ACLO Federal Legislative Ratings

House of representatives

HB 18-42: Lacey Jones Needs Help Act
Grading: C
Explanation: This bill has 2 very distinct parts. The first one regards the Lacey Act and it is overall a bad part as it repeals certain environmental regulations regarging animals acquired illegally. The second one regards the Jones Act. This second part the ACLO mostly supports as it harms the working classes of Puerto Rico, Hawaii and all non-contiguous parts of Atlasia by brining in higher prices. While there is an argument that it benefits the sailors of this country, we believe it its repeal will benefit a larger amount of the population. Overall this is a very mixed bill that gets a mixed review.

HB 18-43: Insulin Price Cap Act
Explanation: While price controls are often ineffective and can lead to shortages, limited price controls in certain areas do work to reduce costs and this is one of those occasions. This will vastly improve the conditions and healthcare of the diabetic citizens of this nation

Senate

THESE ARE REGIONAL ISSUES ACT
Explanation: This bill is an attack on the health of our kids school menus, on the affordability of colleges and has attempts at voter supression, all under the false pretext of regionalization. The ACLO can only hope this bill is soundly rejected by the Senate

Transactions Fairness Act
Explanation: This bill will allow the workers of this country to not pay fees to banks while doing tasks that are for better or worse almost mandatory in the modern economy. This will put an end to corporate greed in the banking sector.

Paid Time Off Act
Grading: C+ -> B-
Explanation: The bill is now better than the old version as it now applies to part time workers as well, though this is only enough to get a B-. The ACLO endorses an aye vote, but is dismayed at the lack of ambition on part of the Senate, and hopes that the House of Represenatatives will improve this bill further, increasing paid time off and extending the bill to small businesses.

POSTAL REFORM IS NEEDED ACT
Explanation: A concealed attempt at screwing up the national mail service, this bill will only affect negatively the workers of the post office and the mail service at large, possibly to encourage privatization down the line? Section IV is a good idea but that's the only silver lining (and a very small one at that) on this bill, which only means it doesn't get an F- and just a regular F.

SB 18-16: Federal Minimum Wage Policy Act
Explanation: An excellent bill that will improve the lives of the low income earners of this nation. While there is a legitimate argument regarding cost of living and regionalization, overall this is a great bill that will do a lot more good than harm and the ACLO fully supports to improve the lives of the workers of this country.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

This union is nonpartisan of course Smiley

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Your highly flawed rating system says otherwise Smiley
Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.

I have underlined the relevant parts for you Wink

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 12:48:59 PM »

Also let me make this very clear: The ACLO is not a partisan organization.

We have given praise to independents (like Jackson Hitchcock and ReaganClinton) and Federalists (like Alancia) in the past. We have also critizised Laborites where criticising was due (most notably Wulfric).

We also have many good Federalist members in this organization like Brugh and our first chairman Bagel, both of whom I really appreciate. I do not think we have any ACP members as of this time but I would certainly welcome them if they want to join and truly agree with the goals of this organization.

I could only hope that the fight for workers rights were a bipartisan one, but unfortunately in many cases that is not the case.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »

For the record, here is the new scoring system I will use to grade the next few races (most likely Lincoln Governor/Council and Southern Senate/CoD/Governor)

1: Create a score from 0 to 100 for each candidate. To determine this score, the things considered are, in order:
-Votes over the last session of Congress/regional legislature (if applicable)
-Public platform positions (if available)
-Bills signed and vetoed as Governor/President (if applicable)

2: Add 10 points to the score, as I am generally used to lower scores overall (for example, for me a passing grade would be 50, not 60)

3: Go to this table and find out the end result.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 02:57:17 PM by tack50 »

Official ACLO ratings for the Southern Special Senate election

DeadPrez
Grading: F (43/100)
Explanation: DeadPrez's dovish platform in foreign policy is certainly a good one, as are some of his positions in social issues like privacy and drug usage. However his economic policy of tax cuts on big business, austerity in Nyman and overall hands free approach to the economy should make all the workers of the South nervous.

Vern
Grading: C (75/100)
Explanation: The ACLO's position on Vern has not changed, although the methodology to rate candidates has. During Vern's last session in Congress wasn't exactly a loud voice for workers and as VP for presidential candidate YT, he signed up to a less than ideal platform for the working masses of this country. He is still the better choice (barring unexpected write-in movements) and it is said that he has been better in other sessions of Congress. We can only hope he votes better in Congress from this point on if elected.

Note: For full transparency, I will say that I requested help and advice from fellow ACLO member Brugh on this.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 07:03:08 PM by tack50 »

Official ACLO ratings for the Lincoln regional elections

Governor

The ACLO hereby endorses Peanut over his opponent, Suburban New Jersey Conservative, as Peanut's tenure has been a very successful one for the workers of the North.

However this race will not be properly graded as the position of Lincoln Governor is a very weak position that can't really affect the lives of workers one way or another as even a gubernatorial veto can be overridden by a standard majority in the Council.

Council

DKrol
Explanation: DKrol's first ministry was a bit of a mess in some aspects, even requiring a change in coalitions! However, the workers of the region are grateful to him. Under his tenure and with his support many important laws for workers were passed, like the Rail Investment Act, the Safe Injection Act or most importantly, the Right to Work Repeal Act, by far his biggest accomplishment.

Ishan
Grading: B
Explanation: Ishan has a platform that claims he will focus his efforts in the Council into UBI, Education reform and community representation. Those are all good issues to be focused, in particular the last 2. However, more details into the specifics (or an actual voting record) would be needed in order to have a higher score.

NickCT
Explanation: With no public platform (even a barebones platform like Ishan's!), no prior officeholding and not even public statments, Nick CT can't be given a score

NYIndy
Explanation: Same as with NickCT, the ACLO can't really give a score if there is absolutely nothing to go by

PSOL
Explanation: Not rated due to a conflict of interest as chairman of this organization.

PyroTheFox
Explanation: Lincoln's second Chancellor, there is absolutely no one in the region who has done more for the workers of the region than Pyro. Thanks to him lots of pro-worker regulations and bills have been passed, most notably the Keep the Workplace Safe Act, but also other bills like defeating the handout on the rich known as the Tax Reform Act.

Suburban New Jersey Conservative
Explanation: SNJC has been a horrible councillor for the workers of Lincoln. The architect of the (thankfully defeated) Tax Reform Act and someone who also voted against most pro-worker legislation in the region, while SNJC likes to call himself a moderate, for the ACLO he is a moderate in all the wrong issues, consistently voting against the interests of workers. He admittedly has had some evolution for the better during the Council but that is nowhere near enough to save him.

thr33 / BG-NY
Grading: D+
Explanation: thr33 has also not been a particularly great voice. However he has some silver linings compared to SNJC and seems slightly more likely to support pro-worker legislation, some examples include an abstention (as opposed to a nay) on the resolution declaring international workers day or voting in favour of the Easier Transport for All Act. thr33 is possibly the best the opposition has  offered in the last session of the Council (excluding Ninja who is not running and so isn't rated) but that doesn't make it particularly good.

Wazza
Explanation: With no real changes since the special election, the ACLO will give Wazza the benefit of the doubt again and give him a D- rating. Wazza's old platform called for austerity, business deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy, all goals that the ACLO frontally opposes. He does have the silver lining of supporting environmental regulations and the carbon tax. So hopefully as a newbie he might surprise everyone but I would not have any hopes.

Edit: Chairman PSOL has told me to alter some of these ratings. They should be fixed now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 03:27:49 AM »

Abstain

However, this is a 100% unconstitutional bill I am pretty sure. The regions have no power to change the legal tender.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies