Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:45:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24806 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: May 24, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:08:56 AM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
You'll want to look elsewhere if those are your objectives: this is a scab outfit (see above, the founder's support for crossing picket lines and RTW legislation).
It seems to have reformed a bit. No matter, a little class consciousness and debate should easily fix the Union.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »

Abstain

I am abstaining only to have the second eldest member, Politicalmasta73, choose on the fate of this Union.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 01:25:33 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2019, 02:06:07 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Restructuring

Hello my fellow Atlasians. I, PSOL, am now the new chair of the largest front of working class in Atlasia. I hope to really shake up the foundation of Atlasia in favor of the hard working people living in this blessed land.

While on the outside, Atlasia may seem like it has prosperity and good working conditions, in reality we are in an unfairly stratified society upholded by structural complications. We have unacceptably high levels of poverty and homelessness in the most wealthy and productive nation that has ever been. The 1% has taken an extraordinary amount of the pie, resulting in an unacceptable CEO-to-worker ratio pay.

The A.C.L.O wishes to fight for the rights of all Atlasians in creating a fairer society. In the next few days; the union will be restructured to fit the right goals, be more inclusive to all who wish to join, and be a well oiled machine to fight the good fight. I hope that we receive many new members in this democratic organization for all.

On the Agenda;
  • Making the minimum wage something to live on
  • Ensuring a safe workspace
  • Branching out the union into key industries
  • Creating official labor agreements with key players
  • Standardize the electoral office for positions in the A.C.L.O.
  • We will vote on the draft resolution of the A.C.L.O’s guidelines in due time. Firstly, we need to tally up the members of this organization while doing a recruitment drive.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 09:53:53 PM by PSOL »

MEMBERS
Jimmy7812
Speaker YE
Prolocutor Bagel23
politicalmasta73
HenryWallaceVP
tack50
jk2020
JGibson
thumb21
Pericles
FM Scott
Ishan
Peanut
MB
bruhgmger2
Elcaspar
Pragma__TNAG
Chairman PSOL
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:50:41 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 12:14:52 AM by PSOL »

First Assembly of the A.C.L.O

Instructions and important information

This election will last for exactly 24 hours beginning at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Saturday, June 2 and ending at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 3. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions
1. Please vote yes, no or abstain on the question of whether the A.C.L.O Objective’s Framework should be ratified. Abstentions do not affect the final outcome. A successful vote for ratification will result in the immediate ratification of the amendment upon certification.

2. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

3. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

4. It is prohibited against the A.C.L.O guidelines to a) delete your ballot after the voting period is closed and before the results are certified or delete your ballot after the 20 minute edit period and revote and/or b) intimidate or attempt to place undue pressure on a voter to delete their ballot as outlined in part a or invalidate their ballot.

5. Please note multiple posts within the voting booth (with the exception of the original ballot post posted by the election administrator) are prohibited and will result in your ballot being invalid

Eligibility
You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) are present within Atlasia; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of inactivity or expulsion; (c) and (e) have made 10 posts in the last 8 weeks (posts only count if made before the start of this election).

General Ballot.

A.C.L.O Guidelines for the 1st National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose
1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION I: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other Physical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system

SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committing abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members if called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes, leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates with the public on Union issues.

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 11:16:18 PM »

I would just point out that Atlasia already has a dedicated organization founded on the principle of protecting workers and guaranteeing their right to organize: it's called the Labor Party.
Let it be stressed that the Labor party is merely a political party, and does not include in its organization any Union leagues. This is a grassroots, active, and nonpartisan union. Furthermore, if any organization wishes to collaborate or interact with the A.C.L.O, we are open for that.

Let it be stated that as of a while ago, the polls are open to agree upon the written union guidelines.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 11:28:33 PM by PSOL »

First Assembly of the A.C.L.O

Instructions and important information

This election will last for exactly 24 hours beginning at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Saturday, June 2 and ending at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 3. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions
1. Please vote yes, no or abstain on the question of whether the A.C.L.O Objective’s Framework should be ratified. Abstentions do not affect the final outcome. A successful vote for ratification will result in the immediate ratification of the amendment upon certification.

2. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

3. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

4. It is prohibited against the A.C.L.O guidelines to a) delete your ballot after the voting period is closed and before the results are certified or delete your ballot after the 20 minute edit period and revote and/or b) intimidate or attempt to place undue pressure on a voter to delete their ballot as outlined in part a or invalidate their ballot.

5. Please note multiple posts within the voting booth (with the exception of the original ballot post posted by the election administrator) are prohibited and will result in your ballot being invalid

Eligibility
You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) are present within Atlasia; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of inactivity or expulsion; (c) and (e) have made 10 posts in the last 8 weeks (posts only count if made before the start of this election).

General Ballot.

1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is

SECTION I: Current Goals for Atlasia
     III. Other Physical or mental abuse
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of the Atlasian workplace

a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers.

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union

d. Betraying the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Notorious Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   d. Expelling members if called upon by at least 10% of membership

a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes, leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless overruled by an over 50% vote.
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates with the public on Union issues.

[ X ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 12:12:21 AM »

I would just point out that Atlasia already has a dedicated organization founded on the principle of protecting workers and guaranteeing their right to organize: it's called the Labor Party.

That's stupid partisan politics, this is a labor union that goes above politics and is an actual union, not a political party. Besides, even if you are right, it's ok for more than one union to exist.

No, literally the Labor Party exists because several years ago, standard left-of-center parties were not doing an adequate job at addressing workers' rights. Some of our pre-reset achievements included a 32-hour workweek, triple overtime, a $15 per hour minimum wage linked to inflation, and immense collective bargaining reforms designed to maximize worker clout - just to name a few of the dozens of achievements for workers that we enacted.

Unfortunately, since the reset, people have been all too willing to elect "Friendly Federalists" to office that jeopardize workers' rights. I'm running to provide our country with a "Glorious Deal!" that will restore that former glory to workers' wallets.

I was not attempting to criticize or demean any attempts by this illustrious organization, but I assure you that the Labor Party was and remains the single-biggest hope for uplifting workers in our game - and that is not partisan politics.
While both organizations are for the same goals, we have different methods of getting to them. Labor mainly does this by electoral means, while we take a more direct approach by our willingness to strike, review in-game happenings, and other methods.

From your own experience, worker rights have been on the defensive from voters forgetting the consequences of trailing backward here, and electoralism can only go so far. The special actions this union can take will be beneficial to provide change circumventing the Byzantine system that is electoral politics here.

Let me also say that we’d be happy to discuss your deal and endorse it if it meets our standards.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2019, 01:07:35 AM by PSOL »

We only need politicalmasta73 to vote to get to 100% turnout. I will be making a speech around 1 AM central time to put out the full rollout of the union. I will be explaining our goals for Atlasia and the organization at large, as well as installing interim heads of our network. Stay tuned.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 01:15:01 AM »

The polls have been closed. We have a 6-0 yes vote on the new A.C.L.O statutes.

Great job folks, we’ll wrap up on the first assembly sometime tomorrow with a prepared statement.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 01:10:04 PM »

Hello fellow A.C.L.O members! Today we celebrate the immense success of reforming this grand organization into something anew. I know many of you are excited about this venture, but I urge you to hold any and all applause till the very end or unless otherwise stated.

I would like to start out by bringing mention to our previous head, the honorable Prolocutor Bagel23. He set the foundations for this union, along with the other original member, politicalmasta73. Please, before we begin with policy, give these folks a nice round of applause.

(You May now 👏)

Now, on to business. While it may seem like Atlasia is worker friendly if one looks blindly, be wary of the facade that the elite have casted down. Atlasia still contains unacceptable levels of poverty, homelessness, wage theft, and unsafe working conditions. The very purpose of this union is to root out such malignant influences to create a fairer, less stratified society. We accept anyone and everyone, being in solidarity with the world. After all, our gains are in tandem with the world in this globalized and increasingly dynamic society.

Our goals for Atlasia is to introduce workplace democracy so as to make sure the gains are fairly distributed, and not pushed mostly to the 1%. We will fight for justice anywhere, by not falling into the trap of turning onto one another as some would like it. Not only will we fight for our rights, but we must be prepared to survive this century by making employers not give out to pollution this earth, supporting catastrophic wars, promote austerity, all in the while as they flee to the moon to root is the bill. To do so, we need action!

I’m putting it out there that we are a proactive union, not just going to communicate and engage in electoralism. We will fight for our rights with industrial action if need be.

To do any of these goals, we need to split the workload. As your humble chairman, I will be engaging in national communication with politicians, watch our internal elections, maintain internal communications, and organize our general strikes. We need however candidates for our internal organs for dealing with issues in specific sectors, as well as a Press Secretary informing us of information relating to national orders and legislation as well as conducting interviews as the face of the union. I’m accepting any requests to be on the ballot for the next National Assembly, till then, I’ll take care of these matters.

We need to move quickly now that we have some momentum. To put it bluntly, we are few in membership and activity compared to the Atlasian Campaign for Life, GOA, and are few in membership to the more inactive NGOs. We need to move fairly quickly, so with that I am ending this assembly. I bid you all adou as we continue the good fight for the working class.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »

Welcome! Do you want to run or act as an interim pick for any position? Remember folks, we got some time before the next assembly (2 weeks or so).
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2019, 01:52:55 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Endorsements for June 4-8, 2019

We the A.C.L.O endorse the following candidates for higher office.

National
June Presidential Election: Adam Griffin/Jimmy7812

Lincoln
N/A

The South
N/A

Fremont
N/A

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
HB 18-17: George Soros Day Act
Grading: F
We at the A.C.L.O are appalled that such a bill managed to move to voting procedure. The multi- billionaire George Soros should not be commemorated in Atlasia. From breaking the Bank of England, to his usage of the Citizens United initiative, he represents everything wrong with the modern global system. The bill, along with others commemorating wealthy individuals who game the system with legal loopholes, should not be even considered to come to fruition.

HB 18-26: Recognition of Labor Act
Grading: A F
The Republic of Atlasia has for countless decades tried to marginalize the important turningstone of Labor history on its own shore, something widely celebrated without shame worldwide; of course I’m referring to the Pullman Strike of the late 1800’s. Widely viewed as the correct date for Labor, instead our leaders made up a new date to make us forget the struggles of the past. The A.C.L.O would like to clarify that late is better than never in our support for this bill.
After more careful inspection, the bill is a secret Right-To-Work poison pill that inhibits this very organization.

SB 18-08: Woke Worker Protection Act
Grading: A
The Bill provides various protections to workers across many different situations in an effective manner. Firstly, it provides breastfeeding women the freedom to have their equipment at hand, a very needed act considering some jobs with on-site daycares. It moves then further to legitimize industrial action by the institutionalization of whistleblowing and striking. The Senate bill is what is the expectation to come out of the national scene.

SB 18-08: Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 16-17
Grading: D
The pending legislation is a very varied piece that affects many industries. It decriminalizes unnecessary regulations on interpersonal acts of love and fun on government property in clauses 11 and 12. It also allows countless qualified pilots to remain and be on the job for section 14-15, among other necessary repeals and modifications. Where it falls flat, however, harms not only the safety of the workers but also of countless lives not calculated beforehand by the drafters. Specifically, clause 18 dangerously increases the hours of work for airway patrol by two hours. What may seem minor is actually a massive shift considering the immense concentration and stamina needed to coordinate such matters. The modification could put an unacceptable number of lives at risk. Going further, clause 40 puts immense strain on employees by filling up the parking spaces for non-authorized personnel in an already tight parking space. Finally, perhaps the most egregious and damaging change is found in clause 55. Due to the immense stratification, gentrification, and urban sprawl affecting the numerous and spread out cities in this Republic—such action would be immensely damaging to the mechanisms protecting our working families from rent pricing abuse and providing affordable housing. All in all, this bill very much is a major detriment to the financial stability of millions of Atlasian families.

SR: Fiscal Year Spending Resolution
Grading: B
The resolution adds much needed clarification and efficiency to the financials of Atlasia by providing a time table for implementation of Resolutions. An apparent criticism is the length of time before the implementation of these resolutions; a whole fiscal year seems excessive for implementing key legislation. A more preferable alternative is to make resolutions take into effect a Bi-annually.

Lincoln
L.C. 2.25: Keep the Workplace Safe Act
Grading: A
The legislation in the Lincoln chamber provides common sense in the protection of the safety, privacy, and dignity of Lincolns’ Workers’. It provides well thought out anti-harassment laws into standard application region-wide. Discrimination in the workplace and other toxic behavior would be curtailed while workers can have the right to keep corporations accountable in making them give them their rights as a human being. The solidness of this bill is wholeheartedly supported by the A.C.L.O.

The South
N/A

Fremont
N/A

*Notes: the formatting of these reports are subject to change in an undefined time scale. N/A = not available, either from no bill being there to time constraints.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 09:17:02 PM »

Psol is doing an amazing job, but I disagree with his endorsement system, rather than giving candidates grades. This would make then process less partisan, and encourage politicians to fight for ACLO interests.
I will be aware of this at the next round of (insert bulletin name). Either way I would’ve given him an A.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »

Emegency A.C.L.O Notice

HB 18-29: Your Employees Must Be Citizens Act
Fellow members, I urge you to fight this bill in any form you can. The fact of the matter is that this bill prevents naturalized residents; Green Card holders, Asylum members, permitted temporary workers, and undocumented immigrants from holding occupations. The vague language could harm a host of many hardworking Atlasian residents, ultimately resulting in their expulsion from their hard earned jobs. The most egregious of this whole debacle is that our fellow A.C.L.O member(s) have supported this measure. I cannot stress that such a measure will not affect Atlasian citizens wages, only punishing the various groups in Atlasia not yet acquiring that status. I urge for this bill to be defeated or we will take solidarity in industrial action.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »

I take full responsibility for the mishap of not seeing the first clause fully. Even so, I urge the framers to take care into the titling and put in provisions so as to deter unfair termination of employment for undocumented individuals.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

I hope the A.C.L.O. will take notice of which Party voted against a bill that the A.C.L.O. gave an A rating to ...
The issue founded was in
No federal employer, private employer contracting with the federal government, public employer receiving federal funds, or private employer in interstate commerce shall be permitted to deduct contributions to a third-party from employee paychecks without the affirmative consent of the employee or any equitable remedy including but not limited to garnishment awarded by a federal, Regional, or State court with appropriate jurisdiction.
Which seemed like a way to sneak in Right-to-Work, as Unions could have been affected as a “third party”. A revised edition would be more likely to pass. I thank that other members had a keener eye to see this major flaw.

It should be noted that the Labor party truly fell short on the Dumb Regulations repeal 16-17 and even in the Soros day vote. I would have liked the applicable Labor members to have moved to strike the more questionable sections before the vote, or be more split on the matter. On a more serious note, I am more concerned with the latter bill. JGibson, as a member of the A.C.L.O., I demand an immediate explanation for the latter decision in possibly codifying worship of the elite in Atlasia.

On other news, I would like to stress that as a an incredibly transparent, democratically run organization, it is necessary for everyone to respond to the PM’s. So far, I believe only tack50 has done soI also would like to know if there are any volunteers to run for the various open positions stipulated in the union charter? To the more recent members who didn’t receive a PM, I urge the older members to share with them the messages at this time.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2019, 01:03:33 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Notice for June 9th, 2019

The situation in Atlasia has shifted drastically in the run up to the Presidential Campaign. In this short time, our rights have zigzagged in this unpredictable environment. With any action that does occur, and no matter the outcome, the A.C.L.O. needs to act quickly for the protection and further progression of our values to help the Atlasian people.

Going into the elections in Atlasia, troubling developments are emerging. It seems that no candidate has offered to provide clear and detailed policy planks on workers’ rights. The fact remains troubling even though the A.C.L.O. has endorsed the Adam Griffin/A.C.L.O. Member Jimmy7812 for the Oval Office. On the Federalist end, while they have been willing to provide a start on PTO with an executive order, other areas of concern keep arising with the tiebreaker on problematic legislation brought forth by Vice President Lumine, and the fact that the major possible nominees for both the Federalist and the Atlasian Conservative Party are keen on pushing the clock back to the Gilded Age on the rights of workers.

Furthermore, with voting on the previously graded legislation at its end, it can be said that the note fell flat. While the Atlasian representatives rejected billionaire celebrity worship in the George Soros Day Act, and our nation finally got on track on acknowledging May Day as the rightful day of labor, other areas of interest went against the interests of the people in Atlasia. The Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 16-17 was approved without notice of the wider Labor Party. No care was given to the overworked air patrol workers who manage the tedious work or managing our aerial infrastructure to run smoothly and safely. More seriously, the vague wording of the Woke Worker Protection Act acts to suppress the working people’s right to organize without the approval of various levels of government. We the A.C.L.O. must move to act against this affront to our ability to fight for the common Atlasian,  with increasing likelihood that Industrial action must be taken if the authorities don’t give a clear, affirming action.

Of course, none of this can be addressed with the current state of the union. Key positions are left unfilled even with the growing membership in the A.C.L.O. A factor in this is the lack of structure in the union as a whole, with little organization established in the union. Partly this can be explained by a lack of communication between members on where we should head with several major actions. So on that point, I say that we should begin putting in these mechanisms into our new charter. I would also like suggestions on other improvements to this union. To do so, I need this democratically run organization’s input from its members. So what do you all want to see at the next National Assembly held on Wednesday? What should be voted upon? Whose going to step up over the fray here?

I hope to see you all there at the next National Assembly, whose registration period is now open for the next 48 hours.

Registration List:
Pericles*
Jimmy7812
PSOL
OneJ*
ON Progressive*
Bagel23
tack50
HenryWallaceVP

*Visitor (subject to change)

Races
Chair- PSOL
Press Secretary- tack50
Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)- N/A
United Farmworkers - N/A
Foodstuff Union- N/A
Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)- N/A
Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)- N/A
Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)- N/A
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2019, 06:43:18 PM by PSOL »

I should note that for attendees that want to come as members, members of the press, or other grouping; a clarification is needed on your status.

Also, union positions are open for chairperson, press secretary, and the unions making up the organization. Do we have any other nominees, you know, other than myself for chair?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 04:40:51 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2019, 04:19:03 PM by PSOL »

As almost 24 hours have elapsed, we stand here in terms of delegates and runners...

Registration List:
Pericles
Jimmy7812
PSOL
OneJ*
ON Progressive*
Bagel23
tack50
HenryWallaceVP
JGibson
Ishan
Sestak
FM Scott*

*Visitor (subject to change)

Races
Chair- PSOL
Press Secretary- tack50
Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)- N/A
United Farmworkers - N/A
Foodstuff Union- N/A
Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)- N/A
Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)- N/A
Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)- N/A

While a good start, only half the union membership will attend, and thus be able to decide upon key changes, in the next National Assembly. If you want to attend, just say so before the deadline at 5 PM CT tomorrow. For nonmembers, please indicate at what capacity you are attending the event; as a new member, an organizational trip, or as a visitor before the deadline.

As a reminder, we will be conducting change to the structural foundation of the union as a whole on Wednesday, so before then I’d like to hear from YOU on what you want to see differently. Please contact me through whatever method you like; pms here or on the Atlas Discord or directly onto the current thread, we’ll be voting up on whether to accept these changes in our NA meet.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »

We have three more hours before the registration and candidate list closes. While we’re going to have a good turnout, we underscored on candidates for the various positions. While it may seem overwhelming, I assure you that being a union boss isn’t at any stage, even in my own chair. I also don’t have any suggestions on ideas for the refined guidelines, so please share. I’ll accept ideas by until before the NA starts Wednesday evening CT.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2019, 08:55:20 PM by PSOL »

We’re done with registration. I’ll have a rough edition ready for our member attendees.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 01:46:32 PM by PSOL »

Second Assembly of the A.C.L.O

Introductions

Good Afternoon to all the attendees on this fine day that we hold our second National Assembly of the Atlasian Coalition for Labor Occupations. We will be discussing how we will shakeup our organization in order to best respond to the needs of the working class, as well as recent events in Atlasia.

We will be deciding how to best structure our organization by voting on the the following changes to our guidelines, marked in red. These changes range from superficial grammatical changes to wholesale, radical changes to the core of the union. I urge everyone to read it carefully before submitting your ballot. On another note, know that there will be an acceptance of changes by the members here; to change anything, just submit a change like you do on any bill in Atlasia. With that, I think everything else is straightforward.

Next thing on the agenda, the status of Atlasian worker rights. Recent times have been often mixed or unclear where Atlasia is heading on this issue. While we’ve seen major wins on the recognition of May1st as the true day of laborers and a sweeping overhaul in Lincoln, other regions have stagnated on this issue. Furthermore, the recently passed Woke Workers Act is possibly going to be a major issue going forward as a sneaky introduction of Right-To-Work. In order to best combat these pitfalls, we must be quick in ensuring our rights are upheld. I am issuing a general strike to be held under the condition that the true extent of the bill is true, approved of democratically by this National Assembly’s composition of members. Friends, while I can be sure that some of you are unprepared and worried about a blowback from a strike, rest assured that our numbers and unity in this act will insulate us from any clear threat. In that case, at 1:30 PM (CT), I hereby call that voting procedure is open.

General Ballot.

This election will last for exactly 72 hours beginning at 1:30 PM (Central Daylight Time) on Wednesday, June 12 and ending at 1:30 PM (Central Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 15. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions

Eligibility

SECTION II: Current Goals for Atlasia
     III. Other Pphysical or mental abuse
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in
       any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of
       the Atlasian workplace

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers. basic human rights in general and including those pertinent to the working Atlasian population.
   d. The right to assembly
   e. The right to organize in any way the workers see fit

5. The A.C.L.O. is committed to the continued existence of humanity by the protection of the continued habitability of planet Earth, as the working population is often the most affected by ecosystem disturbances
   a. The A.C.L.O is committed to fight for the stakeholders in times of strain due to malicious profit- 
       seeking ultimately causing catastrophe.
   b. It is in the working people’s best interest to seek out job retraining programs into less
    environmentally costly industries if the workers are affected by job loss from environmental
    legislation.
6. Atlasia must strive to be at full employment
    a. Due to the increasing redundancy of several industries, the best way to solve them is to provide
        I. More in the way of welfare spending as workers transition into another job
        II. More investment into job retraining programs that are
            1. Less likely to be lost in the process of future automation
            2. Be in jobs that provide a livelihood

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIIII. Harms done by excessive profit seeking to local stakeholders.

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
   c. Reports are released in intervals of two weeks the latest, not counting emergency or high profile
       notifications

3. The union will increase awareness of our rights by conducting annual demonstrations
  on May 1st

b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   e. Mass Retail and Clerical Alliance
   f. Unified Screen Actor Guild and Writers Union of Atlasia (U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A.)
   g. Reporters Without Precariance (R.W.P)
   e. Mineral Extraction and Processing Occupations (M.E.P.O.)

d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not
       opposed by a major portion of the body

a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   d. Expelling members
      I. If called upon by at least 10% of membership

a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes,
      leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless
      overruled by an over 50% vote.
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates
      with the public on Union issues.

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

A.C.L.O. Call for Industrial Action.

SECTION I
1. The A.C.L.O. will conduct a general strike if our demands are not met
    a. Clarification on whether the ability of assembly to organize for the rights of workers is protected
        by the laws of Atlasia in a quick, understandable manner by the end of the week

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

A.C.L.O. Leadership election.

Chair elections

[  ] PSOL

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

A.C.L.O. Leadership election.

Press Secretary Elections

[  ] tack50

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

Industrial Coalition Organization

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

United Farmworkers

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

Foodstuffs Union

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

W.T.A.

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

A.S.T.

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

C.C.C.E.

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA

M.R.C.A

U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A

[  ] [Write-in]

[  ] NOTA
n Gothic Medium][  ] NOTA

R.W.P
[] WI
[]NOTA

MEPO
[WI]
[Nota]
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 01:32:04 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 01:53:17 PM by PSOL »

xYes
xYes
xPSOL
xtack50
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA
xNOTA

(For anyone who wants to be put in as a write-in, you can do so. Vote for any other member or even yourself.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies