Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:26:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24793 times)
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« on: July 10, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »

x Elcaspar (Might as well join as one of the first things i do)
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »

Aye
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 10:36:44 PM by Elcaspar »

The ACLO still needs a Press Secretary correct? If so i would be willing to step up to the task, since we need a bit more activity here.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »

Press Secretary Elections

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[ x ] Elcaspar

[  ] [Write-in]

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading Nov 10-17, 2019

National
N/A
Lincoln
N/A
The South
N/A

Fremont
FT 13.12 – Thirty-Two Hour Week Act
Grading: A+
This bill provides the workers of Fremont with a 32-hour workweek, which is much-needed respite for the working class. It would also provide new opportunities for employment in industries that need the manpower, while also adapting to modern labor needs, i.e automation. Additionally the requirement for employers to pay overtime, and the the adjustment of the minimum wage formula, makes this bill one that the working class of Fremont can rejoice about.

FT 13-03: Commonwealth Education Organization Act
Grading: A
The fact that a Teacher’s Retirement System is being established is cause for much rejoice for the teachers of Fremont, as it will provide them with long-term financial security. With the added security of a defined benefit pension plan, teachers will have much less cause for worry. Also the establishment of a Department of Education to ensure more access, more involvement of the public, parents, and students and for improving the quality of education is a worthy cause.

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 11:41:24 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
SR 21-25: Forced Labor Isn't Good Amendment
Ranking: A+
This amendment makes much needed changes to the Constitution. The amendment abolishes the last remains of legalized forced labor from our Constitution, by finally abolishing forced labor as a punishment for criminals. What else is there to say other than this a positive change for our nation, that will move us into to the present.

Lincoln
N/A
The South
N/A
Fremont
N/A

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 09:09:17 PM »

National

HR 21-16: Labor Rights Amendment
The bill provides a full ban federally on the control of collective bargaining, a way for workers to bound together to ensure their rights.

SR 21-25: FORCED LABOR ISN'T GOOD AMENDMENT
The bill gets rid of legal slavery present within our incarceration system.

SB 21-27: MILITARY JUSTICE ACT
Grading: B+
This union is adamant that every and any worker gets their fair rights, and rights for soldiers are the last frontier of sorts of workers with unsatisfactory rights on the job. Getting rid of the death penalty, which is a failure in deterrence, is unacceptable no matter what is done. Especially with crimes meant for the safety of an individual, like surrendering. The only downside To this bill is that the death penalty is still in place at all.

The South

N/A

Fremont

FT 14-05: All Work Has Dignity Act
The bill gives part-time employees the same benefits as full-time employees, thereby making sure that the disparity between full-time and part-time work is removed. There is not much else to say, other than this is a boon for part-time employees all throughout Fremont.

Lincoln
N/A

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »

Statement on the Labor Primary
by A.C.L.O Press Secretary Elcaspar

As there is currently a primary contest going on in the Labor Party, it is in the interest of A.C.L.O as an organisation to take a look at the two contenders, and endorse who we believe is the best for the working class of Atlasia. So let's get some differentiation between the two candidates going:

Senator MB has a proven record of siding with the working class of Atlasia, whether it be a bill allowing for a paid holiday on your birthday, establishing International Workers' Day, Easter Monday and Workers Memorial Day as federal holidays and working to eliminate the last remnants of forced labor in Atlasia.
In his campaign thread MB cites his main priorities as freedom and equality of the people, which he presumably will do by standing up against reckless authoritarianism, crony capitalism, unjust laws towards workers, and unfair discrimination, as stated in his campaign thread.
MB also promises a radical agenda that of, by, and for the people, and promises to make Atlasia the envy of the world, and while we can't be sure of much without specifics, his record might suggest what will be in store for Atlasia.

Vice President Pericles on the other hand has little of his own personal record to speak of when it comes to issues that relate to the working class, at least in recent memory, although admittedly he hasn't been part of the legislature since March, so we will have to judge him based on other things he has done.
His efforts lie more in advancing the progressive agenda of Labor, by being a key part in the Labor Party's success over the last few months both as Party Chair and Vice President, which has allowed the left majorities across Atlasia.
In his campaign thread Pericles mentions that wants to maintain and improve upon the progressive policy direction that the Griffin Administration has started.
Pericles says he wants to address economic and social inequality, which likely would happen trough the increased taxes on the rich, the creation of fairer tax system and tax cuts for the middle class that Pericles advocates for. But without further specifics beyond that, it's hard to say what's in store for Atlasia.

Vice President Pericles has little of his personal record to speak of when comes working class advocacy, at least in recent memory, so we have somewhat less confidence in his vision for Atlasia. Not to say he hasn't done anything at all, as the above section demonstrates. His more indirect impact on the working class comes through his success as Labor Party Chair, as well as Vice President, which has allowed more progressive legislation to pass in Atlasia.

Senator MB however has done more direct advocacy for the working class, by having a record of bills that has improved the lives of the working class. It's this record of working class advocacy, combined with his daring vision for the future of Atlasia the earns him the endorsement of the A.C.L.O. It's a vision we believe in!

THE A.C.L.O ENDORSES SENATOR MB FOR THE LABOR PRIMARY!!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »

National

HB 22-01: MORE FAIRNESS TO WORKERS ACT
Very few instances has a bill been introduced to the floor where it aptly allows for a internationalist solution for the workers of the world. The house bill implements a unique solution to the worldwide discrepancies found in global trade, pressuring nations to implement better conditions for their workers. The A.C.L.O. wholly agrees with the findings of Section 2, most notably S.2 C.3 that recognizes the worldwide degradation of worker rights and conditions present in international trade. To correct such discrepancies, by exposing duties representing the lost value if nations do not comply with the current regulations here in Section 3.

SB 22-03: The Red-Green New Deal
Grading: B+
The amendment drastically sets up Atlasia in the right direction by combating the worst crisis facing humanity with workable solutions instead of Green Austerity. Of positive note is the entirety of Section V, in allowing the employees in the NPWA full union membership and employment benefits per project as stipulated in clause four. Where the bill becomes questionable is in the same clause, beginning with subclause a offering a 10% higher wage over the standard living wage. The work done here is not basic in its entirety basic menial labor that this becomes appealing to those earning much higher wages and salaries based in their professions, and there is a risk that workers in this program are being underpaid off the bat unless negotiations take place to correct such errors. Furthermore, there is Section IV, offering a 51% stake to the public. Now we at the Atlas Coalition of Labor Occupations do not oppose the start of giving stakeholders control over the work being done, instead such a clause deserves applause. However, the section gravely does not give note to a major stakeholder in resource extraction operations and other work regarding energy, the workers themselves.

HB 22-08: Unions Forever: The Repeal of Taft-Harley Act (UFA)
This bill sets out to repeal the anti-union Taft-Hartley Act, which has limited the actions of unions for decades. Especially the striking rights of unions will be expanded, which means that their right to assembly and strike are no longer being unfairly restricted by the government, and on top of that the bill also repeals the prohibition against striking that are currently placed upon federal employees. The bill also makes sure that any restriction that might be placed upon striking federal workers has to go through the Attorney General on a case by case basis, and also has to be confirmed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives. Even more praiseworthy is Section 3, which makes sure that no company is listed on the Atlasian Stock Exchange, unless at least 1/3rd of the companies directors are chosen by the companies employees in a one-employee-one-vote election process. This drastically increase the influence that workers have on their own workplace, which is a positive. Lastly it gives supervisors the same rights to unionise, bargain and work as regular employees have. This bill is positive news for the workers and unions of Atlasia.

The South:
N/A

Fremont:
FT 14-15-Right to Strike Act
This bill seeks to prohibit the use of scab labour, and to fine employers who have been found to use scab labour. What else is there to say other than scab labour is detrimental to the cooperative spirit of unions, and that is why this is a bill worth celebrating.

Lincoln
N/A

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 07:45:25 PM »

Update on the Labor Primary
by A.C.L.O Press Secretary Elcaspar

The primary contest has now ended with the recent departure of Senator MB from the contest, the candidate that the A.C.L.O preferred. While this is of course saddening to some of us, it's what Senator MB decided was the right course of action.

That's why the A.C.L.O will today proudly announce it's endorsement of Pericles, who has worked tirelessly as Vice President and Party Chair to promote progressive legislation, and expanding and maintaining the left's majority across Atlasia. Pericles economic plan advocates for fair trade, an expansion for the Earned Income Tax Credit, a likely minimum wage increase, as well as investment in infrastructure and an increase in the top marginal tax rate, and lastly there is mention of increased enforcement of regular corporate taxes, and an 7% tax on corporate profits above $100 million. This platform is one that the A.C.L.O can get behind.

Pericles also has a personal record that shows that he is willing to stand up for working people, such as fighting for affordable housing, fair pay for female workers, as well as passing bill that would reduce child poverty. This is something we can get behind.

THE A.C.L.O ENDORSES PERICLES FOR PRESIDENT!!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »

I would like to thank PSOL for his leadership of the union, both while i have been here and before i was here, it's an honour to have been part of, as well as serving this union as Press Secretary under your leadership, and to have witnessed your adherence to serving the working families all over Atlasia.

I will gladly take up the responsibility given to me, alongside Bagel23, as deputy vice chairs to revitalize the A.C.L.O and lead it into a brighter future of activity, more democratic participation from the membership, and a strong core leadership that can make sure that activity and democratic participation can be maintained in the A.C.L.O. I will my pledge to this union once again, to show a renewed dedication towards fighting for the working people all over Atlasia.

I pledge to seek to always uphold the values and interests of the working class, have good intentions at heart, stand with my fellow union brethren in times of need, and to endeavor towards both my best yield in my occupation and uniting together to craft a better world.

So help me Dave,

x Elcaspar
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:43 AM »

I call upon a national strike in order to

• Ensure that Farmworkers, undocumented or otherwise, have adequate protection and fair wages without threat of deportation, sickness, and death
  • Ensure that no retailers or clerical workers on the frontlines are left without adequate pay and accommodations during this crisis
  • Encourage that manufacturers make medical supplies with workers instead of forcing layoffs

X PSOL

I also think it might be a good idea to create a medical workers union, perhaps the Medical Workers Alliance (MWA). We can’t exactly call another assembly, so let’s just add it in.

X PSOL

I support this action.

X Elcaspar
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »

We need just one more person to trigger a referendum. I’m a bit confused on why at this time, seeing that unfair layoffs and Labour practices are happening, why this union is not seizing the opportunity here?

Mostly because i have paid less attention recently due to IRL stuff. I will relay this message to some  more people in the union.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 01:42:41 PM »

Alright since we have enough people that support a referendum it's time for the members of this union to vote:

National Strike Referendum

[  ] Aye

[  ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

48 hours till votes close.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 01:23:48 PM by Representative Elcaspar »

The vote was supposed to end yesterday, but i will allow the extra 24 hours that would be needed for me and Jimmy to vote. Not that it will matter much since the vote is tied either way.
I vote Aye.

Referendum is tied 5-5, 4-4 if you don't count me and Jimmy. Not sure what happens if this is the case.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

I wish a happy May Day to everyone in this Union! For the Union makes us strong!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »

What exactly are your demands? It's not clear to me at all what this strike hopes to achieve.

A statement will come out soon enough.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »

A.C.L.O Statement on the Strike and it’s Goals
We come before you today as the Co-Chairs of the A.C.L.O with a message to the public.

Since the A.C.L.O has recently narrowly passed a measure to initiate a national strike, i would like to clarify the role of this strike in my position as Co-Chair alongside Bagel23.
The role of this national strike in these trying times, is to make sure that we can provide more lasting security for working citizens across Atlasia, as well as more short-term security measures. While the timing of this national strike is not ideal due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is a necessary move in the eyes of the narrow majority of this here union. But rest assured that we will follow all necessary precautions during the duration of this national strike to minimize any possible spread of COVID-19.

The goals of this national strike are the following:

-Providing security to the homeless all across Atlasia, by providing them with temporary or permanent shelters that follow all necessary precautions, and has some sort of food provision to feed said homeless people in these trying times.

-Providing better working conditions to undocumented workers, by enforcing the same work security standards that all other workers across Atlasia are following to prevent them from being a source of infection. Also giving them the same amount of compensation and benefit rights as non-undocumented workers, as many of them pay into state and local taxes in an amount not ignorable by the government.

-The government should be dealing out penalties to employers and companies who lack PPE to give to their workers, when they otherwise have the ability to purchase said PPE for their workers.

-The establishment of an equal stimulus check program, that will give out a negotiated amount of money to all working Atlasians across this country, so that our economy can be stimulated by consumers during these trying times.

-The establishment of a public works program for those who wish to work during these trying times. Workers who volunteer to work will receive an equivalent of 10% above a living wage adjusted to local standards of living, which will additionally also work as an incentive to work there. The exact size and scope of the spending that would be provided to such a public works program is up for negotiation.

We hope that a reasonable accommodation on these goals with the federal government can be found so that the strike doesn’t go on for longer than is necessary. Especially for the sake of workers, undocumented workers and homeless people across Atlasia, we hope that negotiations will be both swift and productive.

Sincerely Co-Chair’s Elcaspar and Bagel23

*Any lapses made while writing this will be due to tiredness while finishing this statement on time. I live in Europe after all.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »

You are very welcome to propose some bills to implement these ideas and most of them will pass. A list of demands isn't gonna accomplish these things.

We are working on that as we speak. Also a strike is pointless without demands or goals to strive toward, so we had to put the demands out there while we are doing the bill work.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »

Alright since the motion exceeds a 10th of the membership, another referendum shall be held on the strike, i will now open a vote on the matter.

Referendum on ending the National Strike

[  ] Aye

[  ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

Given the importance of the vote i will give 72 hours for voting.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »

[X] Nay
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 07:40:39 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2020, 07:46:57 AM by Representative Elcaspar »

72 hours have passed, and with record turnout no less.

Ayes: 11 (Jimmy7812, Sestak, West_Midlander, YE, S019, Pericles, JGibson, politicalmasta73, weatherboy1102, Scott, bruhgmger2)
Nays: 5 (Ishan, PSOL, Elcaspar, razze, Lourdes)

And the ayes have it. So in accordance with the democratic will of this here union, the national strike shall now come to an end. The time for reconciliation has come for Atlasia as well this union.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 03:33:57 PM »

Post National Strike Announcements
by Co-Chair Elcaspar

Given that the national strike has recently been voted on to come to an end, i in my role as Co-Chair of this here union would like to give a few announcements on what's going to happen going forward given the divisiveness the national strike created in our union. Firstly i am going to call for a 3rd National Assembly of A.C.L.O within the coming days to rectify issues in the bylaws that were discovered during the course of the national strike process, namely it lacking rules in regards to what to do in case of a tie. Also some changes in regards to codifying structures and norms in this here union seems fitting.

Secondly and lastly, a formal leadership election will be held during the duration of the 3rd National Assembly to decide who will be the Chair of this here union. It's about time that we had an actual election for who should be chair of this organization going forward, as me and Bagel 23 have acted as Co-Chairs ever since PSOL resigned from his position as Chair 4 months ago, and the upcoming 3rd National Assembly seems like the perfect time to fulfill the democratic spirit of this here union.

Sincerely Co-Chair Elcaspar.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2020, 08:14:38 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2020, 06:45:53 PM by Representative Elcaspar »

Registration for the 3rd National Assembly
The registration list for the 3rd National Assembly is now open for the next 48 hours. I encourage as many union members as possible to attend, so that our rules changes and leadership election can have some higher turnout and is more representative of the union as a whole. The race for chair is also open if you wish to run for that position. That is all.

Edit: Individual union boss positions are also up for election, as well as Press Secretary.

Sincerely Co-Chair Elcaspar
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2020, 08:02:08 AM »

I will register for attendance.

Also running for the position of Chair.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies