Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24824 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: May 24, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

I believe that you should support giving regions the ability to institute Right-to-Work, as in many cases, unions force people to join them, and charge high fees. Also some large unions, like the AFL-CIO are corrupt. Mr. Bagel, I hope you will reevaluate this position

Councilor SNJC
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:05:07 PM »

I'll join

I support labor unions, as they have achieved a great many victories for the Atlasian worker, and I would like to see them earn even more victories for the Atlasian worker

X S019
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »

Press Secretary Elections

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[ X ] tack50

[  ] [Write-in]

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 02:07:31 PM »

Alright since we have enough people that support a referendum it's time for the members of this union to vote:

National Strike Referendum

[ X ] Aye

[  ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

48 hours till votes close.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

Seeing as there's strong division here, and we need a tiebreaker anyways, I'll change my vote to "No," when I first voted for this, I thought that there was a good case for it, but now I think it's a bad idea to hold a strike in a crisis, so I don't think that this is a good idea.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »

Is it really a surprise that a workers organisation would usually side with the Labor Party, when the Labor Party usually sides with the interests of the workers?
The Labor party response has been lukewarm to the working class of Atlasia. Other then sloshing money around, there has been little work on wages and employment concerns until the vote to strike occurred. Furthermore, undocumented workers and those without a fixed location of legal residence have not had their concerns addressed.
Undocumented workers don't deserve to have their concerns addressed. They have no right to be here.

If they want their concerns addressed, it's better they go back home and fix things there.

It's kind of inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't help undocumented workers. Also many of them have fled terrible conditions and if they go back their lives would be in grave danger. Why should we send millions of people back into perilous conditions? Instead, let them pay back taxes and give them a path to legalization, that's a sensible, moderate approach. We can't deport people who've been here for years, it's just not right.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »

Is it really a surprise that a workers organisation would usually side with the Labor Party, when the Labor Party usually sides with the interests of the workers?
The Labor party response has been lukewarm to the working class of Atlasia. Other then sloshing money around, there has been little work on wages and employment concerns until the vote to strike occurred. Furthermore, undocumented workers and those without a fixed location of legal residence have not had their concerns addressed.
Undocumented workers don't deserve to have their concerns addressed. They have no right to be here.

If they want their concerns addressed, it's better they go back home and fix things there.

It's kind of inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't help undocumented workers. Also many of them have fled terrible conditions and if they go back their lives would be in grave danger. Why should we send millions of people back into perilous conditions? Instead, let them pay back taxes and give them a path to legalization, that's a sensible, moderate approach. We can't deport people who've been here for years, it's just not right.

Our immigration laws exist for a reason. They chose to break it. They deserve to find out their actions have consequences. 

Liberalization of immigration laws is something that most people agree that we need. Even a good chunk of conservatives agree that we need liberalized immigration law, but anyways, this is way off topic, and has no relation to the work of this union or labor unions, in general.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »

Our immigration laws exist for a reason. They chose to break it. They deserve to find out their actions have consequences. 

Liberalization of immigration laws is something that most people agree that we need. Even a good chunk of conservatives agree that we need liberalized immigration law, but anyways, this is way off topic, and has no relation to the work of this union or labor unions, in general.

If the organization truly cares about workers, they wouldn't be defending undocumented immigrants.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, an organization that cares about workers shouldn't care about all workers and should discriminate among workers based on legal status. That is by definition, not defending all workers, and this comments shows why your views don't belong in this organization.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 10:38:27 PM »

In case I didn't say this already, I will also be attending the Council and will not be striking, and I will not participate in this strike.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 12:22:42 AM »

Seeing as there is great controversy in this strike, and a majority of members clearly do not support it, I would like to motion for a vote to end the strike.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 12:30:47 PM »

Referendum on ending the National Strike

[ X ] Aye

[  ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 10:23:19 AM »

I'll register for attendance and declare for Chair
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 06:22:24 PM »

Press Secretary Election

[ X ] PSOL

[  ] [Write-in]

Chair Election

[ 3 ] [Ishan]

[ 1 ] [S019]

[ 2 ] [Elcaspar]

[  ] [Write-In]

Ratification of Rules Changes

[ X ] [Aye]

[  ] [Nay]

[  ] [Abstain]

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 04:44:38 PM »

It’s up to the Chairs, but I personally would like a runoff election.

XPSOL

I second this idea.

X Elcaspar
We now need one other confirmation to make it official
'

I also support a runoff

X S019
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix