Les Moonves accused of sexual misconduct
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Les Moonves accused of sexual misconduct
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Les Moonves accused of sexual misconduct  (Read 1143 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »

Incoming Farrow story involving multiple allegations dating back decades, per THR.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »

Farrow's story is up. Allegations date from the early 80s until this decade. Includes multiple women alleging Moonves sexually assaulted them, plus harassment from him and a hostile workplace for women at CBS, including at 60 Minutes. Lesley Stahl and Anderson Cooper defended CBS' workplace environment on record, though not Moonves himself. Moonves flatly denies he forced himself on anyone and doesn't recall harassment incidents.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

I just hope this doesn't mean Julie Chen leaves CBS. Although considering she released a statement defending Moonves, if he's out she's likely to follow suit.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:04:35 AM »

He got them moonves like Jagger.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 08:53:21 PM »

At this point, winking at a girl can be considered sexual misconduct. The entire justice system is rigged against males. What ever happened to due process?

Think before you type. This is a stupid thing to say.

Of course due process is needed, but it is still the media's job to report on potentially credible accusations. Also, no, the system, in this context, is not "rigged against males."

As always, I'm not going to make a judgement call on whether or nor Moonves did this or not but these are serious accusations and must be treated as such.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2018, 10:37:51 AM by RogueBeaver »

6 more women accuse him of sexual assault and harassment from the 80s to early aughts.

He also tried to ruin Janet Jackson's career for years after the 2004 Super Bowl incident, insisting that she did it on purpose to create controversy.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2018, 01:07:37 PM by RogueBeaver »

Moonves will probably be fired within 24 hours.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »

At this point, winking at a girl can be considered sexual misconduct. The entire justice system is rigged against males. What ever happened to due process?

The justice system should be rigged against males...and besides your words really foolish now that six more women have accused Moonves of sexual misconduct.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:03:26 PM »

Julie Chen signed off tonight's episode of Big Brother as "Julie Chen Moonves". Pretty clear statement and pretty clear she's going to leave CBS after this season of Big Brother, if I had to guess.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 11:29:36 PM »

The justice system should be rigged against males
it's weird how proud some people are with their bigotry.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »

Where's the evidence?

Can any guy on this board possibly not be fired for flirting with females at least once in their goddamn life? The fact that no evidence is even needed suggest to me that men can have their lives destroyed for any reason a women pulls out of their goddamn for saken ass for what ever reason. wake up.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty...One should not be imprisoned, fired from their job or treated unfairly until that time.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »

Where's the evidence?

Can any guy on this board possibly not be fired for flirting with females at least once in their goddamn life? The fact that no evidence is even needed suggest to me that men can have their lives destroyed for any reason a women pulls out of their goddamn for saken ass for what ever reason. wake up.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty...One should not be imprisoned, fired from their job or treated unfairly until that time.
Do you have skeletons in your closet or what?

Good to know that you're outraged that someone who was accused by dozens of women is getting punished. But I guess one a**f**k is more important than that.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »

Well, I got egg on my face. Julie Chen to remain host of Big Brother after leaving The Talk.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »

well, if assault happens to them maybe they should call the police. You know that thing everyone else does when they have a problem.

Tired of this sh**t. It is seriously starting to turn me away from the democrats and I am sure hundreds of thousands of others feel the same.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »

well, if assault happens to them maybe they should call the police. You know that thing everyone else does when they have a problem.

Tired of this sh**t. It is seriously starting to turn me away from the democrats and I am sure hundreds of thousands of others feel the same.

How are Democrats involved in the Les Moonves situation?

As for why sexual assault victims are reluctant to report it (especially if their abuser is one who has/had a position of power or influence): there is immense trauma, fear of retaliation, of reprisal, and of doubters. Many victims feel the need to try and get over it, try and forget it, and not escalate the situation by reporting it because they believe that others won't believe them, that nothing will amount of the investigation, and they don't want their life to be further overturned.

People are speaking out so long after it may have occurred because there's courage in numbers, and the more other people speak out, the more they themselves feel compelled to out their trauma and their abusers. Or perhaps, as with the Supreme Court situation, they feel that they can't hold it in any longer when their abuser is elevated to a unworthy position and continues to live life without the hurt that they have suffered. Most accusers, especially for those who would have to be subjected to intense scrutiny in the media and in the public eye, simply do not have reason to lie.

Of course no one who is subjected to an accusation should be crucified immediately. But each accusation should be taken with the utmost seriousness, and there should be a full investigation to the furthest extent possible. That's not happening with the Kavanaugh allegation - the Senate GOP aren't likely going to let other witnesses testify, and corroborate the accuser's account; they're trying to rush through the hearing and make it a dog and pony show. That way it's easy enough for the GOP to dismiss the situation and jam through the nominee.

CBS let Moonves stay on while they investigated the situation; there's now clearly been enough corroborating evidence of his behavior that he's finally been done in.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »

This will backfire on feminists as well. If they start to go too far, then like Condoleezza Rice suggested, men may start to infantize women and treat them with kid gloves. It would do a disservice to the positive aspects of the feminist movement.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »

This will backfire on feminists as well. If they start to go too far, then like Condoleezza Rice suggested, men may start to infantize women and treat them with kid gloves. It would do a disservice to the positive aspects of the feminist movement.
They already infantilism woman and shun them from “manly” activity already.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies