FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:28:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead  (Read 4763 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: July 31, 2018, 11:20:13 AM »

Wake up Bill come the frig on!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:06:09 PM »

Scott has a MoE lead. He's also outspending Nelson 3 to 1. I think it'll be close, but the national environment will be enough to carry Nelson to the finish line.

Yeah, you'd think he'd be up by more given the spending discrepancy.

Sour grapes.

Not exactly, this gives my team blue a small window inside the gears and cogs of this race, and shows that we could still eek out with a last minute bombardment instead of completely ditching it. If the lead was out of the moe by now, Nelson would be abandoned, but seeing that Scott is barely ahead and only shifted the race 3-4 points after huffing and puffing like the wolf, shows that Nelson has a very good chance of eeking it out if he makes a last minute push with everything he and the national party has got. Scott's lead size really matters in the war room.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:35:21 PM »

Scott has a MoE lead. He's also outspending Nelson 3 to 1. I think it'll be close, but the national environment will be enough to carry Nelson to the finish line.

Yeah, you'd think he'd be up by more given the spending discrepancy.

Sour grapes.

Not exactly, this gives my team blue a small window inside the gears and cogs of this race, and shows that we could still eek out with a last minute bombardment instead of completely ditching it. If the lead was out of the moe by now, Nelson would be abandoned, but seeing that Scott is barely ahead and only shifted the race 3-4 points after huffing and puffing like the wolf, shows that Nelson has a very good chance of eeking it out if he makes a last minute push with everything he and the national party has got. Scott's lead size really matters in the war room.

The problem is that with his status as an incumbent and an astronaut in a Democratic year, he should not have to rely on $.

He looks and acts old.

If a voter voted for Rubio in 2016, why would that voter not tend to be a Scott voter.   That does cause the old man a problem.  The fact he has to rely in any way on his status as an astronaut just shows how old he is.

Even tho Scott supported Trump in the 2016 primary, he has a separate personal image that has become attractive over the years.

These are all fair points which is why scott has a very solid chance at victory and  nelson has to count on a blue wave giving him a friendlier electorate than 2016, peeling off some moderates who are turned off about the gun issue, and taking more hispanics, bevause I know some black republicans who were for obama just because he was black and hopefully there is some affinity among hispanics and rubio like this that Nelson will be able to peel off. These are all very possible things for Nelson to do in order to overcome this challenge and win another term, but they are hard and Nelson's campaign is not where it needs to be. He is running a campaign like a 90s Florida and it is making me more concerned by the day.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:45:35 AM »

Can anyone tell me the nature of Nelson’s campaign.  Is he being very energectic with several events everyday.  Or is campaigning like an old man with one or two events and then rest.

More of the second.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:42:44 PM »

Except for maybe the occasional ad, I haven't heard much about Nelson down here.

Then again, I am in Republican-firm SWFL and all attention is on the gubernatorial primary right now.

To preface this, I'm in Broward County.
Ive seen ads against Rick Scott, but I dont think I've see any ads directly in support of Bill Nelson. I have noticed the amount of anti Rick Scotts ads increasing in recent weeks though.

SCHUYLKILL SCOTT
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »

You're back!!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins he be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Honestly I'd rather have Scott retire, have DeSantis take on Nelson, and have Bondi as Governor. But things didn't work out that way. But to answer your question, Scott's going to be DOA in 2024, especially if Trump is still President. He doesn't strike me as a natural legislator. He's a much stronger administratively in an executive position.

A. lmao if you would rather have DeSantis than Scott as your nominee

B. Regardless of what you think Scott's fate would be in 2024 if he wins in 2018, do you think he will run again in 2024 or retire?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 02:57:41 AM »

SCHUYLKILL SCOTT!!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies