Trump goes after LeBron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:36:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes after LeBron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Trump goes after LeBron  (Read 3499 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 05:50:20 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
LeBron is bigger, stronger, almost as athletic, a much better passer and overall more well rounded player than Jordan or anyone else in NBA history really. Jordan was a better scorer, but LeBron is not far behind despite the fact that he really isn't a dedicated scorer at all, but somebody you build a team around. Put LeBron on an average team and they are finals contenders - would even be title contenders if it wasn't for the Warriors superteam, the likes of which didn't exist in MJ's time. LeBron sometimes doesn't give it his all in defense, but that happens when you play more minutes than anybody else. When it matters he is there defensively (like in the 2016 finals). Anyway, always difficult to compare players from different eras.

Aside from that Trump is an idiot and a racist. Nothing new really.

Keep in mind that nostalgia will be a factor for those who saw Jordan when he played. So older fans will likely skew Jordan, just as older voters skew Trump.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »

I’ve ran out of ways to say Trump is a terrible person.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2018, 07:35:57 AM »

This comes right after LeBron opened a school in Ohio helping low-income and at risk kids, while his "university" was forced to pay 25 million dollars to settle a class action suit.

In short, he can't stand the fact that a black man is doing something better than him, so he's lashing out.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »

It's okay - it's not like Cleveland is an important voting area or anything.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »

Obviously, Trump hates and fears successful black people. How one could not come to this conclusion is beyond me. He regularly mocks any black person who attacks him and he's shown quite a bit of disdain for African American achievements.

He is a quintessential racist for that reason. The only thing that angers him more than an 'insubordinate' woman is an 'insubordinate' black person. He will (very rarely) acknowledge those few that support him, but the ones that stand opposed to him or are neutral, enrage him.

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here.  

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »

Let's see...

White right-wing regularly complains black culture is all thugging, rapping, and fking.  Black man starts school to help disadvantaged black and brown kids so they can either go to college or learn a trade.

What does white right-wing, especially its leader, the President of the United States, do?

Bitch and complain about black people!!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »

Does he have nothing better to do?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »

FWIW, the most recent approval or favorability rating I can find for LeBron James is a 2016 Seton Hall poll that showed him with 53/9 approval/disapproval.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »

No, he does not. He is incapable of being any better than this, though he is capable of being far worse. Objectively, the "best" thing Trumpescu appears capable of is to go play golf (at which he probably cheats) quietly.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »

But i thought blacks loved Trump because Kanye!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »

I’ve ran out of ways to say Trump is a terrible person.

This comes right after LeBron opened a school in Ohio helping low-income and at risk kids, while his "university" was forced to pay 25 million dollars to settle a class action suit.

In short, he can't stand the fact that a black man is doing something better than him, so he's lashing out.

Let's see...

White right-wing regularly complains black culture is all thugging, rapping, and fking.  Black man starts school to help disadvantaged black and brown kids so they can either go to college or learn a trade.

What does white right-wing, especially its leader, the President of the United States, do?

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »

Obviously, Trump hates and fears successful black people. How one could not come to this conclusion is beyond me. He regularly mocks any black person who attacks him and he's shown quite a bit of disdain for African American achievements.

He is a quintessential racist for that reason. The only thing that angers him more than an 'insubordinate' woman is an 'insubordinate' black person. He will (very rarely) acknowledge those few that support him, but the ones that stand opposed to him or are neutral, enrage him.

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here.  

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.
Did you read anything I wrote? Evidently not.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »

Yes I did, and I can derail politically self-serving narratives as well as the next poster.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »

Let's see...

That's fine, but Lebron jumped into the political arena with both feet.  It's not like he's some small charity director who made a negative comment about Trump in a local newspaper and Trump pounced on it.  Lebron is actively marshalling opposition to Trump, and he has the media access to do this effectively.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
LeBron is bigger, stronger, almost as athletic, a much better passer and overall more well rounded player than Jordan or anyone else in NBA history really. Jordan was a better scorer, but LeBron is not far behind despite the fact that he really isn't a dedicated scorer at all, but somebody you build a team around. Put LeBron on an average team and they are finals contenders - would even be title contenders if it wasn't for the Warriors superteam, the likes of which didn't exist in MJ's time. LeBron sometimes doesn't give it his all in defense, but that happens when you play more minutes than anybody else. When it matters he is there defensively (like in the 2016 finals). Anyway, always difficult to compare players from different eras.

Aside from that Trump is an idiot and a racist. Nothing new really.

Attirbutes wise Lebron is better but Accolades and Resume wise Michael is still comfortably ahead. Lebron has had to many series which are black marks(Not losses but where he played badly in) while Jordan had none.

Also keep in mind the Eastern Conference Michael Played in was far far more tougher than the Joke of the Eastern Conference Lebron has played in. Lebron does not make the finals in 2007,2014-15, 2017-18 in the West and the Eastern Conference Michael played in(till around 1993) was as tough as the current west.

Here are some of what I consider Lebron's black marks

2007 NBA finals: Lebron only averaged 22 PPG on 36% FG and while he deserves no blame for losing , he does deserve to be blamed for playing that badly.

2010 ECSF: Lebron completely disappears in game 5 and in game 6 has 9 turnovers

2011 NBA finals: One of the Worst Chokes in NBA history

2014 NBA Finals: While his stats were good, this was by far his worst NBA finals performance since 2012. He played terrible defense throughout the series and in the critical games 3 and 4 at home he really only players great for 1 quarter in both those games. Again while he should not be blamed for losing , he should be blamed for his performance.

Also when you compare Peak for Peak (1991-1993 Michael) vs (2012-13,16 Lebron): Michael performances were far more impressive as well
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »

Let's see...

That's fine, but Lebron jumped into the political arena with both feet.  It's not like he's some small charity director who made a negative comment about Trump in a local newspaper and Trump pounced on it.  Lebron is actively marshalling opposition to Trump, and he has the media access to do this effectively.

Lol....apparently nobody's allowed to critique the president anymore and if they do...they deserve the hate
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »

Yes I did, and I can derail politically self-serving narratives as well as the next poster.
This is no self serving narrative, it's a clear pattern of behavior that goes back to the 80's. This is no judgement of Trump voters or his supporters, but rather an objective look at his beliefs. You'd do well to do the same.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »

He loves calling black people dumb, doesnt he?

Projection, you see.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 01:27:37 PM »

LeBron James is a good person. Donald Trump is not.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here. 

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

How about it's just wrong and disgusting what he said, regardless of what they may have said about him...

or whether he's done this before...

or whether he's President or not...?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 02:25:08 PM »

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here. 

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

How about it's just wrong and disgusting what he said, regardless of what they may have said about him...

When you enter the political arena, you get pushback.

Lebron James entered the political arena against Trump.  He gets pushback for that.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 02:33:30 PM »

When you enter the political arena, you get pushback.
Lebron James entered the political arena against Trump.  He gets pushback for that.

That's Fuzzy's answer to all the hate and bigotry spewed by the Orange Tangerine since the campaigning of 2016.
Our Atlas "loving Evangelical Christian," used the same excuse when defending trump's constant attacks on Khizr Khan, father of a Muslim-American Army captain killed while serving in Iraq.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 03:05:40 PM »

Michael Jordan's reply through his spokesman:
"I support LeBron James. He's doing an amazing job for his community."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »

Looks like the Orange Tangerine's "great plan of attack" has backfired. Even with his own wife.
Oops.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies