Between SS privatization & SS state opt-out, which would you prefer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:38:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Between SS privatization & SS state opt-out, which would you prefer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Between SS privatization & SS state opt-out, which would you prefer?
Social Security is completely privatized

States can opt-out of Social Security, and their resident no longer taxed, if they don't want it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Between SS privatization & SS state opt-out, which would you prefer?  (Read 1350 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: August 09, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »

I favor neither version, but privatization is better than opt out.  I have no faith that my state won't be stupid.

This tbh, enough states would be stupid or nihilist enough to go for the opt out

Privatization sounds like a nice and wonky idea on paper, but you'll have enormous transition issues which means either exploding the deficit or wanking current seniors. I'd favour (voluntary) partial privatization if it's done in a cautious way, maybe allow people to invest up to 15% of their SS taxes in personal accounts or so (if the budgetary situation allows for it, there will be some transition issues).

The second problem with privatization is that a lot of privatization proposals include some guarantee, which kinda defeats the idea of privatization and will inevitably end up badly for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies