Re: Beet & fake outrage thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Re: Beet & fake outrage thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Re: Beet & fake outrage thread  (Read 2372 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
« edited: August 09, 2018, 02:12:45 PM by Virginiá »

I'm absolutely done with you. You've become a worthless poster. Off to the ignore list, with the likes hofoid, forever.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2018, 01:37:46 PM by Virginiá »

Dude, you just ain't funny.
Please stop.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:40:40 PM »

Reminder: Beet is a moderator on this hellsite.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:42:08 PM »

Re: Beet

Last I checked, saying "the left" as a whole wants to press buttons to kill all straight white people is an insane level of generalizing and accusing a massive group of people of wanting something that probably only a small slice would actually say. Gross hyperbole if you ask me.

Also, I can't help but feel like you're actually picking fights as part of your new persona, trying to burnish your newly-found partisan conservative credentials by picking at issues every place you can. In this case, that reddit person isn't Rep. Lewis and not a politician either, right? So why are you using absurd statements from random people to balk at lefties on here?

Deleted for trolling and gross hyperbole. I'm going to be diligent and generous in moderating your posts on the election boards, Beet.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »

Re: Beet

Last I checked, saying "the left" as a whole wants to press buttons to kill all straight white people is an insane level of generalizing and accusing a massive group of people of wanting something that probably only a small slice would actually say. Gross hyperbole if you ask me.

Also, I can't help but feel like you're actually picking fights as part of your new persona, trying to burnish your newly-found partisan conservative credentials by picking at issues every place you can. In this case, that reddit person isn't Rep. Lewis and not a politician either, right? So why are you using absurd statements from random people to balk at lefties on here?

Deleted for trolling and gross hyperbole. I'm going to be diligent and generous in moderating your posts on the election boards, Beet.

Now it's down to the "no true Scotsman" fallacy? I posted a screenshot from a major left-wing online community with over 2,700 votes in favor of that specific post. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals for strong policing language from the right while engaging in the same thing themselves. This is not a part of some "persona", it's a real problem I have with modern day leftism, and yes it's one reason I changed avatars. You're getting the casuality reversed.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 01:51:11 PM »

Oh right, because 2,700 is representative of tens of millions of people. You can keep bloviating about your party switch all you want, because I don't believe you are sincere. I'm going to see how long you stick with this.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »

Oh right, because 2,700 is representative of tens of millions of people. You can keep bloviating about your party switch all you want, because I don't believe you are sincere. I'm going to see how long you stick with this.

The fact is, this kind of language is tolerated on the left, which the Sarah Jeong New York Times incident also showed. A newspaper with 3 million subscribers now has an Editorial Board member with the same language. That's more people than will vote in Min-02 for Lewis. You want him to be, essentially, disqualified for Congress for what he said, but the same language is accepted on your side. That's called hypocrisy.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:27 PM »

The fact is, this kind of language is tolerated on the left, which the Sarah Jeong New York Times incident also showed. A newspaper with 3 million subscribers now has an Editorial Board member with the same language. That's more people than will vote in Min-02 for Lewis. You want him to be, essentially, disqualified for Congress for what he said, but the same language is accepted on your side. That's called hypocrisy.

You can’t seriously believe that every NYT subscriber agrees with the views of one editorial board member
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »

You can’t seriously believe that every NYT subscriber agrees with the views of one editorial board member

And not every Jason Lewis voter will agree with all of his radio show comments either.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »

Beet, I'll be honest, I don't wish to discuss this topic anymore with you or really anyone. I already posted my thoughts in the original thread, with the gist being that I think she's an asshole but I also agree there are different dynamics at play as well. If you're going to paint me with that broad brush though, I suggest you pack it up because you probably don't know much at all about me.

However, just because you have a bone to pick about this doesn't mean you get to turn every thread about racist politicians into a "LOL LOOK AT HYPOCRISY" or whatever discussion. If you want to discuss that woman's comments further, I suggest you take it to another thread.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »

Topic split (sorry Arch, hate to make you captain of this garbage scow)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »

And not every Jason Lewis voter will agree with all of his radio show comments either.

Who voted to make Sarah whoever a NYT columnist? Also, I'm pretty sure a politician should be held to a higher standard than a newspaper columnist.
BundouYMB

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 02:14:50 PM »

I hope you all realize that this is why Beet changed persona. His old one stopped getting a reaction. You shouldn't reward him with attention.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »

The fact that beet has been allowed, perhaps even encouraged, to post his ramblings over the course of years is awful
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

Why are you all so threatened by Beet's posts?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 03:03:26 PM »

Oh look, the right-wing trolls are rushing to defend their colleague.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »

[/quote
Oh look, LandslideLyndon has nothing substantive to say!
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »

I am "threatened" by Beetposts in the same sense that I am "threatened" by my dog pissing on my carpet
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 03:05:50 PM »

I am "threatened" by Beetposts in the same sense that I am "threatened" by my dog pissing on my carpet
Well, in that case, your dog must rule the roost.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 03:06:32 PM »

I see that Cowardly Poltroon Landslide Lyndon has made and deleted a comment. Sad!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »

[/quote

Yeah, but at least I know how to quote properly.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »

[/quote

Yeah, but at least I know how to quote properly.
Lol weaksauce.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »

Topic split (sorry Arch, hate to make you captain of this garbage scow)

If I can sink the ship with him, so be it. Tongue
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 04:31:12 PM »

This place is a cesspool lmfao
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: