Good guy FFs Antifa attack journalists and cops
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:01:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Good guy FFs Antifa attack journalists and cops
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Good guy FFs Antifa attack journalists and cops  (Read 2495 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »

The journalists shouldn’t have gotten in their way. Let them march next time, they’ll only hurt their cause.

wut?

So when Trump says the press is fake news that is attacking the press and the first amendment, but when Antifa literally attacks journalists it is the journalists’ fault?
Of course. The journalists were there to provoke a reaction. It’s their fault. And it only makes Antifa’s profile larger. They should just let them march, it’ll only hurt their movement.

Okay, I see what you did there.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »

The journalists shouldn’t have gotten in their way. Let them march next time, they’ll only hurt their cause.

wut?
The art of recognizing sarcasm is dead, apparently. RIP.

Maybe it was a case of a guy being right without knowing that he was right.

Kind of like Trump on a few issues, I thing.  Seriously.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 12:39:38 AM »

That hilarious moment when people seriously think some dumb, edgy "Antifas" shouting ignorant stuff is the same thing as real terrorists that actually cause violence, murder people, and terrorize many more.

If "conservative" morons stopped giving them the time of day, they'd mostly fade away back into irrelevance and continue to be some radical fringe group with no real voice.

Well, yes, but the same can be said of Chicken Little liberals going all aflutter because some alt-Right flakes get a parade permit in a city that has now, somehow, become a "shrine" of a sort.

[...]

Each side wants the violence.   Each side, however, wants the other side to share the blame exclusively.  It's a martyrdom contest; let's not televise it.

I just copied and pasted fhtagn's very silly post from the Charlottesville thread and changed a few words to highlight how silly her opinion (and this thread is), so I'm not surprised that you hold this opinion.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 12:56:15 AM »

You only think the thread is silly because you fail to see why Antifa and their supporters are scum. But muhhh they speak out against fascists so overall they're good. Let's just pretend when they do terrible things and become violent it's no big deal but go into some crazy rage when equally scummy Nazis exercise their first amendment rights, and don't harm anyone until the "good guys" start trouble and escalate the situation.  
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 01:04:33 AM »

If you support Antifa, you are against America, If you support Neo-Nazis you're against America. Trump is Americas President, as Obama was before him. Antifa are violent craven thugs, the KKK are also violent craven thugs. They hide their faces for a reason because they're scared of the actual repercussions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »

You only think the thread is silly because you fail to see why Antifa and their supporters are scum. But muhhh they speak out against fascists so overall they're good. Let's just pretend when they do terrible things and become violent it's no big deal but go into some crazy rage when equally scummy Nazis exercise their first amendment rights, and don't harm anyone until the "good guys" start trouble and escalate the situation.  
If you support Antifa, you are against America, If you support Neo-Nazis you're against America. Trump is Americas President, as Obama was before him. Antifa are violent craven thugs, the KKK are also violent craven thugs. They hide their faces for a reason because they're scared of the actual repercussions.

Both of these posts are right. Antifa wants people to believe that they are just honest citizens standing up against fascism, but they are in fact vicious far-left radicals. I was surprised to see how many otherwise intelligent people have been hoodwinked, because in the Bay Area we have been wise to their tricks for years. Antifa are not the good guys, and if you think that they are then you are either a useful idiot who uncritically believed their PR or an anarcho-communist working to tear down this nation. It may sound harsh, but sometimes the truth is.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 01:36:50 AM »

Hey man, I'm really not into the whole antifa thing. I think people that think they have some super authoritative powers because they dress scary and act tough are huge losers, whether they're antifa or waffen wannabees.

I don't have a dog in the antifa fight, I just wanted to point out that your post in the other thread about the rise in white supremacy organization being the fault of the left was A) stupid and B) logically inconsistent with the premise of this thread, which is that leftists = antifa = bad.

You gotta admit though... you lookin pretty mad right now, lol
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:56 AM »

Hey man, I'm really not into the whole antifa thing. I think people that think they have some super authoritative powers because they dress scary and act tough are huge losers, whether they're antifa or waffen wannabees.

I don't have a dog in the antifa fight, I just wanted to point out that your post in the other thread about the rise in white supremacy organization being the fault of the left was A) stupid and B) logically inconsistent with the premise of this thread, which is that leftists = antifa = bad.

You gotta admit though... you lookin pretty mad right now, lol

Nah, not mad actually, just stating the truth.

The purpose of this thread was to point out the fact that Antifa is scum. And anyone who tries to reason with "well they stand for fighting fascism so they're overall good" is equally scum. 

And if you seriously don't think the radical left played a role in the popularity of white nationalist groups in today's headlines, you need to get out from that rock you've been living under. For example, had they not gotten involved and escalated things like they did in Charlottesville, sh*t would not have hit the fan like it did, the many injured folks would not have been injured, and Heather Heyer would likely still be alive. This by no means excuses the scumbag Nazis, or the subhuman scum that killed the girl, they are obviously terrible and deserve to be recognized as terrible, but to condemn one side while making the people responsible for escalating the situation out to be good guys is truly what is stupid. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 02:03:02 AM »

So, who said they are FFs or endorsed violence?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 02:05:00 AM »

Okay, let me explain to everyone the difference between Antifa and members of the alt-right: the latter has much better PR and manages to reach millions more people on a daily basis.

Black Bloc is little more than loosely organized anarchists who smash some windows and end up getting tossed in jail for an evening. They quarrel over the smallest dispute, they have a very bad public image (smashing property is never seen in a good light by most folks), and ultimately, they're too damn idealistic to attempt better public outreach.

Much of the alt-right, however, has excellent PR. Their leadership knows what talking points work, how to phrase their ideas, and how to attract followers. It's no competition, really. Richard Spencer, for all his flaws, is a smart person who understands how to sell a brand. I mean for 's sake, they've managed to go from a marginal group of a few dozen true believers back in 2004 to a genuine movement fueled by activists from around the globe.

This is legitimately terrifying. Have you ever listened to a speech from Spencer? It's actually quite articulate and powerful. This is all the more reason why these guys are a real threat and won't just go away if we ignore them. They're using real world anxieties and fear, and turning them into a clarion call for action. This mistaken notion that, 'if we just don't cover them, it'll subside on its own,' is utterly ludicrous. Rarely, if ever does that happen.

Many of these people already live among us. They're teachers, police officers, community leaders...they're members of civil society just like you and I. Their talking points sound very agreeable at first listen: We need to preserve our identity, our culture is important, Americans deserve to live in America...and so on and so forth. They, unlike Antifa, understand how to convey their message without causing people to run the other direction. That's what makes them so insidious.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »

Okay, let me explain to everyone the difference between Antifa and members of the alt-right: the latter has much better PR and manages to reach millions more people on a daily basis.

Black Bloc is little more than loosely organized anarchists who smash some windows and end up getting tossed in jail for an evening. They quarrel over the smallest dispute, they have a very bad public image (smashing property is never seen in a good light by most folks), and ultimately, they're too damn idealistic to attempt better public outreach.

Much of the alt-right, however, has excellent PR. Their leadership knows what talking points work, how to phrase their ideas, and how to attract followers. It's no competition, really. Richard Spencer, for all his flaws, is a smart person who understands how to sell a brand. I mean for 's sake, they've managed to go from a marginal group of a few dozen true believers back in 2004 to a genuine movement fueled by activists from around the globe.

This is legitimately terrifying. Have you ever listened to a speech from Spencer? It's actually quite articulate and powerful. This is all the more reason why these guys are a real threat and won't just go away if we ignore them. They're using real world anxieties and fear, and turning them into a clarion call for action. This mistaken notion that, 'if we just don't cover them, it'll subside on its own,' is utterly ludicrous. Rarely, if ever does that happen.

Many of these people already live among us. They're teachers, police officers, community leaders...they're members of civil society just like you and I. Their talking points sound very agreeable at first listen: We need to preserve our identity, our culture is important, Americans deserve to live in America...and so on and so forth. They, unlike Antifa, understand how to convey their message without causing people to run the other direction. That's what makes them so insidious.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 02:23:26 AM »

What happened to Fhtagn? She used to be a greenie and now this? I have always been a smug moderate hero centrist democrat, and I will stay that way barring a giant realignment (near 0 chances in my lifetime).

Switching to a polar opposite ideology virtually overnight is an Atlas Forum tradition.

she'll be a tankie in a year if history is anything to go by
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 02:24:30 AM »

What happened to Fhtagn? She used to be a greenie and now this? I have always been a smug moderate hero centrist democrat, and I will stay that way barring a giant realignment (near 0 chances in my lifetime).

Switching to a polar opposite ideology virtually overnight is an Atlas Forum tradition.

Commie federalists have arrived! - c. 2019 Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 02:28:44 AM »

#MakeCommieFedsGreatAgain
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 02:36:26 AM »

#MakeCommieFedsGreatAgain
Alexander Hamilton approves!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 07:13:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Batting away and covering cameras is not attacking journalists under any reasonable definition. Its honesyly a little disconserting that journalists seem to think that being stopped from filming people via a freaking hand on a camera is literally attacking the journalists themselves.

And throwing eggs and s**t isn't a big deal tbh.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »

Stop trying to cover for Unite the Right 2 being such an embarrassing failure.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »

That hilarious moment when people seriously think some dumb, edgy "Antifas" shouting ignorant stuff is the same thing as real terrorists that actually cause violence, murder people, and terrorize many more.

If "conservative" morons stopped giving them the time of day, they'd mostly fade away back into irrelevance and continue to be some radical fringe group with no real voice.

Just to play devil's advocate, a LOT of Republicans said this about isolated racial instances during the Obama years - they were an extreme fringe of the right, and your average Republican didn't believe anything close to that, so stop making it into a bigger deal than it is/painting too much of the American left with that same brush.  I think you'd argue that turned out to be false, no?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »

Batting away and covering cameras is not attacking journalists under any reasonable definition. Its honesyly a little disconserting that journalists seem to think that being stopped from filming people via a freaking hand on a camera is literally attacking the journalists themselves.

Id love to see how'd you react if those things thrown at you, Mr. Tough Guy.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 06:04:50 PM »

Leave it to some poorly disciplined, bratty kid to think it "isn't a big deal tbh".

If it was one of the supporters getting that same treatment, people like you would be one of the first to claim it was an attack and rant about how it's unacceptable. Stop making excuses for sh*tty behavior.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 06:37:44 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

And if you seriously don't think the radical left played a role in the popularity of white nationalist groups in today's headlines, you need to get out from that rock you've been living under. For example, had they not gotten involved and escalated things like they did in Charlottesville, sh*t would not have hit the fan like it did, the many injured folks would not have been injured, and Heather Heyer would likely still be alive. This by no means excuses the scumbag Nazis, or the subhuman scum that killed the girl, they are obviously terrible and deserve to be recognized as terrible, but to condemn one side while making the people responsible for escalating the situation out to be good guys is truly what is stupid.  

Uh, what? The only explanation for this line is that you're having to warp reality to fit your preconceived dislike of Antia, since the alt-right has declined after Charlottesville: see the pathetic turnout for this second 'Unite the Right' rally. If there were no counterprotests, including one of them being murdered and the ensuing negative media coverage, then their rallies would have gotten larger. By any metric Antifa's tactics have worked. Richard Spencer has admitted as much.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 08:03:00 PM »

The alt-right are considered the scum of the earth by most people.  People like Richard Spencer are laughing stocks.  And I highly doubt that more than a handful of people involved in education support the alt-right.  No one who is considered a respectable member of society supports the movement.  Antifa, on the other hand, is supported by professors, people who have a great deal of influence over young adults.  I knew people in high school who, despite political differences, I could get along with.  Now that they've been to college they're praising the violent tactics of Antifa.  I'd be willing to bet a lot of money if I was a gambling man that they were learning this from social studies classes at college.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »

Id love to see how'd you react if those things thrown at you, Mr. Tough Guy.
I'm not a cop, but good try.

Leave it to some poorly disciplined, bratty kid to think it "isn't a big deal tbh".
You honestly think I'd be better if I'd been beat up/more severely verbally abused by my parents? What a nice person.

I'm not getting outraged about throwing eggs when white supremacists commit hate crimes all the goddamn time. They killed 18 people (to antifa's zero) in 2017. A few eggs targeted specifically at cops (and not necessarily from the majority of the antifa members, we don't exactly have a play by play of the incident) during a protest isn't worth outrage over considering what time period we're in.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »

The alt-right are considered the scum of the earth by most people.  People like Richard Spencer are laughing stocks.  And I highly doubt that more than a handful of people involved in education support the alt-right.  No one who is considered a respectable member of society supports the movement.  Antifa, on the other hand, is supported by professors, people who have a great deal of influence over young adults.  I knew people in high school who, despite political differences, I could get along with.  Now that they've been to college they're praising the violent tactics of Antifa.  I'd be willing to bet a lot of money if I was a gambling man that they were learning this from social studies classes at college.
No, this is absolute nonsense. Did you know that Richard Spencer was educated at the University of Virginia, the University of Chicago, and Duke University? This is hardly someone to underestimate. His talking points have been tailor made in order to attract as many people as possible. And it's worked with frightening results. Look at the following that such personalities as Paul Joseph Watson, Lauren Southern, Mike Cernovich, and the like have amassed. You may be inclined to say that these people are less radical than Richard Spencer. But if you compare their rhetoric, there's not much of a tangible difference.

How can you possibly look at the success of alt-right personalities both online and in the real world, and then tell me most people see them as scum? The fact that you're parroting their talking points speaks to their success in convincing other people that they're simply fighting a tyrannical global elite.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »

If I crack a Socialists head open with a bike lock I deserve to be locked up and the key should be thrown away, but if some coward in a black mask does it hes a "Freedom Fighter" Hypocrisy by the radical left at its finest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies