Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.  (Read 7702 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

I found the post in five (5) minutes of searching.  That's because more diligent, and more intellectually honest  than the crowd that, truthfully, were afraid (and rightly so) that the post would be found and accurately discussed.  I try not to blow my own horn, but this is a situation that calls for it just a bit.

It's the same sorry crew that provided the character assasination.  Invisible Obama.  ProudModerate2.  Arch.  They should be spokepeople for GEICO; have them ranting falsehoods about people, while the announcer says, "When you're ProudModerate2, you mischaracterize your opponents and smear their character undeservedly.  It's what you do."  It would be a great ad, worthy of a Super Bowl Timespot.

1) It took me less than five minutes once I looked up how to do it with Google. Nobody was afraid, and I posted it above the moment I found it. For someone coming in with righteous condescension about character assassination, you come off as quite the hypocrite.

2) No. The implication is palpable and real, and that was already addressed in the original thread; you can go read Peenie's posts there.

3) He did not call them out on their "anti-death" positions. He put their culpability as mass shooting victims into question by mis-assigning part of the fault of the disaster on the victims. It is a kind of gas lighting, and I won't legitimize that as a position worth addressing beyond that, when it's clearly not the case.

You, Arch, and ProudModerate2, and Invisible Obama, have attached my character repeatedly, over and over again, by calling me various names, by playing the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler!" game, calling me a hypocrite whenever I provide a little pushback, and repeating your points when disproven, never manifesting a spirit of actual discussion, of being willing to see other viewpoints, let alone advocating a coherent viewpoint of your own.  That's fine, too; you get to do that.  But I'm going to push back, and I'm going to call you three out every time you pull your schtick.

And I'm going to ask my friends here to do that as well.  You three are the worst in this way.  Since it's not against the ToS to do so, I'm fine with asking for backup.  But if it doesn't come, I'm willing to stand alone. 

What you three pulled with Sanchez is "low within the rules". 

1) I called you a hypocrite because you acted like one. You didn't care to read the posts above and then proceeded to pat yourself on the back for something that wasn't represented even remotely well.

I don't think I've ever "attached [sic]" your character any other time beyond nominal disagreements, ever. I know you feel cornered, and you want to swing in an arc, but we are all very different posters who agree in this conversation. Did I call you Hitler or anything of that sort? No. Stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.

When I brought out the points about semantics versus pragmatics, it was ignored, and I specifically indicated that Sanchez was rubber banding to avoid addressing anything of substance. In fact, nothing I said was really disproven.

2) And you're defending Sanchez now that he prefaced the conversation saying he didn't owe us "any civility" (note even the mod called him out on this) and that we weren't worth arguing with. He doesn't act in good faith; he doesn't argue in good faith; his politics are not executed in good faith. Yet, you're here crying wolf because you feel attacked because I, rightly so, called you out.

You, Invisible Obama, ProudModerate2.

As for the mod, I'd like to see where the lack of civility from ProudModerate2 and Invisible Obama has been addressed.  They don't necessarily declare their intentios; they just deliver it.

I've read it all.  You got caught lame.  It happens to the best of folks at times, but it happens to the chronically lame as well.  Which of these you are is your choice, but I'll allow the objective readers of all of this to consider which is which.

Are you sure you read it all? Because we're both quoting different quotes altogether. No slow learning involved because I'm not even talking about whether they should be scrutinized for what they say, which I'm in complete agreement with, but rather the casting culpability on THE VICTIMS of a mass shooting for the mass shooter's actions. We're talking about two different things here, and you haven't even noticed, despite the fact that you "read it all."

By all means, continue the ad hominem attacks without substantiation. You're just burying yourself further.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »

You, Arch, and ProudModerate2, and Invisible Obama, have attached my character repeatedly, over and over again, by calling me various names, by playing the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler!" game, calling me a hypocrite whenever I provide a little pushback, and repeating your points when disproven, never manifesting a spirit of actual discussion, of being willing to see other viewpoints, let alone advocating a coherent viewpoint of your own.  That's fine, too; you get to do that.  But I'm going to push back, and I'm going to call you three out every time you pull your schtick.

How can we take you seriously on this point when you regularly play the "anyone who disagrees with me hates Christians!" card?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »

As for the mod, I'd like to see where the lack of civility from ProudModerate2 and Invisible Obama has been addressed.  They don't necessarily declare their intentios; they just deliver it.

What?
Someone must have pissed in your coffee this morning.
The mods are reading this and laughing at you. Stop making a mockery of yourself.
There is nothing here that is outside of just classic, everyday Atlas discussion.
You are completely off-your-rocker today. Go to bed and say goodnight.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »

How can we take you seriously on this point when you regularly play the "anyone who disagrees with me hates Christians!" card?

That's not my main argument when people disagree with me.  Lots of folks disagree with me for all sorts of reasons.  But anti-Christian bigotry runs fairly unchecked on Atlas, and you're part of it.

WTF?

I mean, I guess you just proved my point and all so yay, but that kinda hurts. I'm pretty well established to be a Christian.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »

What?
The mods are reading this and laughing at you. Stop making a mockery of yourself.
There is nothing here that is outside of just classic, everyday Atlas discussion.

I've always thought of you as passive-aggressive.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2018, 12:18:15 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

You, Arch, and ProudModerate2, and Invisible Obama, have attached my character repeatedly, over and over again, by calling me various names, by playing the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler!" game, calling me a hypocrite whenever I provide a little pushback, and repeating your points when disproven, never manifesting a spirit of actual discussion, of being willing to see other viewpoints, let alone advocating a coherent viewpoint of your own.  That's fine, too; you get to do that.  But I'm going to push back, and I'm going to call you three out every time you pull your schtick.

That's not my main argument when people disagree with me.  Lots of folks disagree with me for all sorts of reasons.  But anti-Christian bigotry runs fairly unchecked on Atlas, and you're part of it.

WTF?

I mean, I guess you just proved my point and all so yay, but that kinda hurts. I'm pretty well established to be a Christian.

I had actually deleted that, as I could not remember specific examples of you doing that.  I'll own that one, as far as you're concerned.  That was wrong of me.

I won't apologize for citing anti-Christian bigotry on Atlas in general; it's something lots of folks are OK with, however, particularly anti-Evangelical Christian bigotry.  Constant references to charlatans, pedophiles, etc.  You know what I'm talking about, and if you've pointed it out, I can't remember, although you well may have.  While I would probably view you in Scriptural error if I talked theology, I do have an obligation to treat a professing Christian as a brother or sister in the Lord, and if I fail, that's on me.

There have been bad actors in Christianity, but the anti-Christian bigotry is aimed at normal, everyday Evangelical Christians who don't share the world view of many folks here, but who work hard, are honest, and do more for the less fortunate than they get credit for in many circles.  The depiction of ordinary Christians as Roy Moores and Elmer Gantrys is no less bigoted then stereotypical versions of blacks attributed to blacks as a whole.  And lots of liberal minded people are OK with this.  Even people who say they are "Christians" have expressed being OK with this.  I'm willing to recognize a brother as a brother, even if my brother may be in Scriptural error, but I will note that this seems to be a one way street.

So I am sorry, and I'll take your word for it that you're not part of that particular problem.  I will also remember your profession and that makes you a Brother in the Lord, which is a big deal.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »

What?

Fuzzy, you are totally out of control.
That is why I said that.
You have gone from Dr Jekyll to Godzilla the Monster.
What is wrong with you today?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2018, 11:41:14 PM »

F-ck, your country is going down in flames. What a sorry state of things, judging by the values of people like Sanchez and Fuzzy. #thoughtsandprayers
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »

F-ck, your country is going down in flames. What a sorry state of things, judging by the values of people like Sanchez and Fuzzy. #thoughtsandprayers

Tell me about it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »

As for the mod, I'd like to see where the lack of civility from ProudModerate2 and Invisible Obama has been addressed.  They don't necessarily declare their intentios; they just deliver it.

What?

That is why I said that.

I've just decided to confront falsehoods.  To be a bit more relentless.

Isn't that amazing?  

I decided today to defend a fellow poster who was (and is) being wrongfully attacked by you and two others who, quite frankly, are all snark and no attempt to have honest discussion.  I decided that today was the day I'd stand up for a friend here who was taking flak whom I believe to be right on the issue he was posting about.

Why this should provide shock and horror is beyond me.  You folks cheer your candidates of choice when they relentlessly counterpunch, not letting an unfounded attack stand.  Folks like you chastise Dukakis for being too passive (and rightfully so; it was bad strategy).  Here's a guy, Sanchez, who's been unfairly attacked, and is defending himself alone.  Defending himself well, I might add.

If you want Dr. Jekyll, I'm still here.  I'm always ready to honestly discuss issues with people, and seek common ground.  I have a reputation for that (I think) and I care (to a point) what folks think of me.  But the folks attacking Sanchez (you, Arch, Invisible Obama) are in the "unreachable" category.  All you three seem to know how to do is throw snark and talking points, and repeat yourselves.  

So, for whatever purposes (boredom, too much coffee, not really into my wife's "America's Got Talent" on the tube), I decided that this was the time to push back at such attacks.  I don't need a permission slip outside of the 1st Amendment.  And I'll keep it within the ToS; I'm a rules guy.  But Sanchez is right on the point he was making, and I'll second it, and, in this case, I hope others third it and fourth it, because it involves the issue of give and take.  The Parklanders aren't exempt from critical feedback; they entered the political fray, and blowback comes with that.  Senchez didn't wish them ill; neither do I.  Sanchez isn't particularly impressed with them or their argument; neither am I beyond the degree to which I think it's a good thing for teens to be politically aware.

How you react to this will tell me whether or not you are capable of any introspection whatsoever.  I hope you are.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2018, 12:03:52 AM »

This is the quality of a thread you will get when there are people on it that are racist and don't know they are.  These folks at most claim they are not racist because they say don't identify as racist, which is ignorant. However, what is particularly offensive and borderline elitist is when those racist people claim that when they are being reasonably percieved as being racist, it's not a problem with them offending people but a problem with the perceivers being immature at best and being manipulative at worst. "He who smelled it, dealt it" should be the GOP slogan for 2018, 2020, and for how much the longer there is a steady escalation of whataboutism and white nationalist sentiment within  it.
Freedom post.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2018, 12:17:10 AM »

As for the mod, I'd like to see where the lack of civility from ProudModerate2 and Invisible Obama has been addressed.  They don't necessarily declare their intentios; they just deliver it.

What?

That is why I said that.

If you want Dr. Jekyll, I'm still here.  I'm always ready to honestly discuss issues with people, and seek common ground.  I have a reputation for that (I think) and I care (to a point) what folks think of me.  But the folks attacking Sanchez (you, Arch, Invisible Obama) are in the "unreachable" category.  All you three seem to know how to do is throw snark and talking points, and repeat yourselves.  

But Sanchez is right on the point he was making, and I'll second it, and, in this case, I hope others third it and fourth it, because it involves the issue of give and take.  The Parklanders aren't exempt from critical feedback; they entered the political fray, and blowback comes with that.  Senchez didn't wish them ill; neither do I.  Sanchez isn't particularly impressed with them or their argument; neither am I beyond the degree to which I think it's a good thing for teens to be politically aware.

Are you kidding me? I've spent quite some time typing up my points, numbering them for you, bringing up quotes, clarifying what I'm actually talking about, and all you say is that I'm "throwing snark and talking points"?

In the post above, I made CLEAR that what you were talking about I agreed with, but what I was talking about was NOT that, and you ignored it and started saying the same thing again.

You accused me of the Hitler excuse, when I never used it; you brought up anti-Christian talking points, when that's not even the point of the thread or had I made mention of it before then, and you hurled ad hominems left and right (calling me lame, slow, lazy, etc. without any real substantiation), and I still tried to stick to the conversation, only calling you a hypocrite when it was warranted (once).

I'll be frank with you. You are the probably unaware of the type of poster you are. I rarely write this much because my main purpose in this forum is to stay informed, but when I seriously engage, I engage entirely. Just because you type lots of paragraphs all the time doesn't mean that what you're saying makes sense or is even worth reading. That's what you do a fair bit of the time here, almost like a monologue where you try to convince yourself by drawing yourself into logical loops.

You like to think you're smart, yeah? Act like it, and stop flailing around (the anti-Christian rant out of nowhere to 2,868) and projecting (accusing me of what you're actually doing). It's unsightly. You can defend whomever you want, but pick your fights wisely. You found yourself cornered almost immediately after you started defending him, and you lost your composure alongside your ability to make any reasonable points (hence you started defending something else he said that we weren't even talking about (first amendment rights and political discussions at large) and refused to address what's been reiterated to you several times at this point--to no avail.

You said to leave it to others to judge whether your observations are as good as you think they are, and you've seen the responses above. Own it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2018, 12:22:26 AM »

What?

That is why I said that.

But Sanchez is right on the point he was making, and I'll second it, and, in this case, I hope others third it and fourth it, because it involves the issue of give and take.  The Parklanders aren't exempt from critical feedback; they entered the political fray, and blowback comes with that.  Senchez didn't wish them ill; neither do I.  Sanchez isn't particularly impressed with them or their argument; neither am I beyond the degree to which I think it's a good thing for teens to be politically aware.

Are you kidding me? I've spent quite some time typing up my points, numbering them for you, bringing up quotes, clarifying what I'm actually talking about, and all you say is that I'm "throwing snark and talking points"?

In the post above, I made CLEAR that what you were talking about I agreed with, but what I was talking about was NOT that, and you ignored it and started saying the same thing again.

You accused me of the Hitler excuse, when I never used it; you brought up anti-Christian talking points, when that's not even the point of the thread or had I made mention of it before then, and you hurled ad hominems left and right (calling me lame, slow, lazy, etc. without any real substantiation), and I still tried to stick to the conversation, only calling you a hypocrite when it was warranted (once).

I'll be frank with you. You are the probably unaware of the type of poster you are. I rarely write this much because my main purpose in this forum is to stay informed, but when I seriously engage, I engage entirely. Just because you type lots of paragraphs all the time doesn't mean that what you're saying makes sense or is even worth reading. That's what you do a fair bit of the time here, almost like a monologue where you try to convince yourself by drawing yourself into logical loops.

You like to think you're smart, yeah? Act like it, and stop flailing around (the anti-Christian rant out of nowhere to 2,868) and projecting (accusing me of what you're actually doing). It's unsightly. You can defend whomever you want, but pick your fights wisely. You found yourself cornered almost immediately after you started defending him, and you lost your composure alongside your ability to make any reasonable points (hence you started defending something else he said that we weren't even talking about (first amendment rights and political discussions at large) and refused to address what's been reiterated to you several times at this point--to no avail.

You said to leave it to others to judge whether your observations are as good as you think they are, and you've seen the responses above. Own it.

I've owned all I'm going to own.  For me to own it, I'd have to buy it, and for me to buy from you, Invisible Obama, and ProudModerate2 on this subject, I'd be making a bad investment.

So, no, I'm not going to own it.  You and Bush 41 can have your Ownershop Society on this one.

I guess the extra coffee has worn off.  Gotta go to work tomorrow.  Wonder who else has to do the same.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:45 AM »

I've owned all I'm going to own.  For me to own it, I'd have to buy it, and for me to buy from you, Invisible Obama, and ProudModerate2 on this subject, I'd be making a bad investment.

So, no, I'm not going to own it.  You and Bush 41 can have your Ownershop Society on this one.

I guess the extra coffee has worn off.  Gotta go to work tomorrow.  Wonder who else has to do the same.

Case in point with that little passive-aggressive statement at the end.

Stay classy.  Coffee
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2018, 05:55:12 AM »

With a title like this and 5 pages of posts, I came in here knowing it was going to be a train wreck - and boy did it deliver.

All I’ll say is that I read all the exchanges between the folks here with Sanchez, Sanchez’s older posts about Parkland, and, honestly, I have to side with Sanchez. He wasn’t saying those students in any way deserved this; I think folks like Arch (who I like) read into what he said what they interpreted him as saying, rather than what was actually being said. Sanchez did engage in a bit of victim blaming, but not in an entirely unjustified way. Yes, the victims of the shooter were the ultimate victims; a gun was involved and they very likely wouldn’t have died, at least not in such numbers, without a gun being used; but, also, bullying is a factor here. Those students had been bullying the shooter for god knows how long prior to that event; they were throwing fuel on an unstable fire. If he didn’t have easy access to guns, but did have easy access to mental healthcare, then we likely wouldn’t be discussing this. But, bullying does play a role here and it’s a factor those Parkland students, their parents, and others like them tend to avoid, because that would implicate those who experienced a severe trauma. But, bullying can be traumatic as well for kids, so there does need to be a bit of understanding for the shooter as well, which is what I think Sanchez was trying to articulate (but I’ll let him speak for himself).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2018, 05:59:37 AM »

With a title like this and 5 pages of posts, I came in here knowing it was going to be a train wreck - and boy did it deliver.

All I’ll say is that I read all the exchanges between the folks here with Sanchez, Sanchez’s older posts about Parkland, and, honestly, I have to side with Sanchez. He wasn’t saying those students in any way deserved this; I think folks like Arch (who I like) read into what he said what they interpreted him as saying, rather than what was actually being said. Sanchez did engage in a bit of victim blaming, but not in an entirely unjustified way. Yes, the victims of the shooter were the ultimate victims; a gun was involved and they very likely wouldn’t have died, at least not in such numbers, without a gun being used; but, also, bullying is a factor here. Those students had been bullying the shooter for god knows how long prior to that event; they were throwing fuel on an unstable fire. If he didn’t have easy access to guns, but did have easy access to mental healthcare, then we likely wouldn’t be discussing this. But, bullying does play a role here and it’s a factor those Parkland students, their parents, and others like them tend to avoid, because that would implicate those who experienced a severe trauma. But, bullying can be traumatic as well for kids, so there does need to be a bit of understanding for the shooter as well, which is what I think Sanchez was trying to articulate (but I’ll let him speak for himself).

Freedom Post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2018, 06:38:42 AM »

I liked you better when you were in the closet.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »

You are totally right. Victim blaming isn't the same as celebrating or even not caring about the tragedy but still and in especially this situation where we are talking about social ostracism vs. mass murder, I think victim blaming is sign of a lack of empathy and generally an uncharacteristic sentiment. This is so even if you do sympathize with the victims but empathy is not sympathy.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »

I liked you better when you were in the closet.

I liked you better when you weren’t constantly a giant f-ckhole just because you can be, but, alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Maybe one day you will come out of the closet too. Purple heart
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »

Because there is nothing and no proof that he is.

Wanting to stop illegal immigration isn't racist, it's the law and we have to a better job enforcing it.

And he's right about Charlottesville. Both the Alt-Right groups and the Antifa/Anarchist groups are to blame for the carnage.

For Trump, he was never ever called a racist UNTIL he ran for president.

Red avs, just keep watching MSNBC, your ignorance can alienate even more voters from your party come 2020!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »

This wasn't bullying. This kid was ostracized because he was a violent person who made everyone uncomfortable and a massive racist.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/nikolas-cruz-shooting-florida.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting-suspect/index.html
Bullying doesn't cause mass shootings. If that was true then shooters would be disproportionately fat and/or lgbtq+.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »

Wanting to stop illegal immigration isn't racist, it's the law and we have to a better job enforcing it.

And he's right about Charlottesville. Both the Alt-Right groups and the Antifa/Anarchist groups are to blame for the carnage.

Red avs, just keep watching MSNBC, your ignorance can alienate even more voters from your party come 2020!
Do you know anything about Donald Trump or his past political statements?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »

This wasn't bullying. This kid was ostracized because he was a violent person who made everyone uncomfortable and a massive racist.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/nikolas-cruz-shooting-florida.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting-suspect/index.html
Bullying doesn't cause mass shootings. If that was true then shooters would be disproportionately fat and/or lgbtq+.

U cant be serious
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »

Sanchez is needlessly rude all the time. Besides jfern, he's the only one I have on ignore because I can usually tolerate other's asinine opinions. I just can't with his negative rhetoric.

Fuzzy bear is very quick to act holier than thou. It's gotten to the point that I don't feel like engaging with him anymore lest he say that I hate Christians due to my support for expanding Medicare, or something. I don't want to misrepresent his past arguments because I can't find them right now but I believe he once implied that I, a lifelong Christian whose faith permeates every aspect of my life including politics (just in a different way from Fuzzy), actually don't like Christians because I am also gay (which I view as a gift from God, but that's for another time).

That being addressed, those on the other side are kinda being jerks as well. There's a lot of ad hominem on both sides. The title is a little loaded too.

Just my 2¢.

Except by the federal government, multiple times, in the 1970's. And by a ton of other people after other incidents, like the Central Park Five or the birther stuff.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2018, 03:09:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies