CT Megathread: Stefanowski skips first debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Megathread: Stefanowski skips first debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT Megathread: Stefanowski skips first debate  (Read 2242 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: August 14, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »

RIP Tremont
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »

I had the Governor's race as Lean D when I still thought there were decent odds the Republicans nominated a sane moderate.
Considering moving it to likely... I don't think someone with views like Stefanowski's is electable here, especially in a midterm with a Republican president.

Please tell me one view that is so abhorrent at this point the electorate won't vote for him

After reading his site i, probably, can give one: he is too (IMHO) enamored with Reagan/Laffer methods of managing economy... Very right-wing in their essence...

I'm not sure how Connecticut voters will respond to economic conservatism without any traces of social issues. He's laser-focused on economics, even coating his milquetoast supply side platitudes in a sort of populist message, which will put Lamont in a tough spot when he criticizes it. But I will concede that if he ever even touches stuff like abortion or SSM, he's done.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

I like how Malloy never had approval ratings over 50% in his first term and he still won re-election by a few points during a Republican wave year.

Likely D.

Because of Joe Visconti and the fact that Tom Foley was an awful candidate. But he's a lot more unpopular now than even then, and Bob is far from feckless like Foley was.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »

http://www.wfsb.com/story/39024838/stephanowski-to-skip-gubernatorial-debate
Avoiding debates is almost never a winning play. Also interested to hear about Oz Griebel's candidacy. I don't expect him to do too well, but a more moderate right-of-center candidate might give Lamont an extra couple of points of cushion.

Did Bob learn NOTHING from when Tom Foley did this in 2014?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies