Kevin Nicholson wrote an OP-ED which slams his own parents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:00:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kevin Nicholson wrote an OP-ED which slams his own parents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kevin Nicholson wrote an OP-ED which slams his own parents  (Read 3010 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/16/im-running-for-senate-as-republican-my-democrat-parents-are-so-furious-theyre-backing-my-opponent.html

He deserves to lose his primary just for this reason alone
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

I get the they have some issues on politics, but this is just plain mean.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 01:23:21 PM »

Family values.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »

lmao
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 01:24:23 PM »

Lmao.

I love how these people keep acting like #WalkAway is actually a thing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »

How? His parents are the ones cutting him out of their lives. How in God's name was this article "mean?"
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 01:33:20 PM by Virginiá »

This guy speaks awfully smug about critical thinkers* naturally rejecting the Democratic Party (if they stop to think about it) and instead joining the Republican Party, whose dignity and principles have been shattered by Donald Trump, sending the party into an orbital rotation around himself. All in addition to a party whose obsession with tax cuts has wrecked this country's finances because they figured it was OK to just put everything on the national credit card for their children, and their children, to pay off, all because years of denigrating government and taxes made it impossible for them to make hard decisions.

Also F- for casual insults via "Democrat Party." I mean, sheesh, I know we all get annoyed from time to time and make insults on party names, but most of us usually have a basic level of respect to use the actual party name instead of resorting to krazen-level commentary on a consistent basis.

* what does it say about this smugness when higher educational attainment now points to increasingly large support for the Democratic Party, with graduate and doctoral students showing at or above 2/3rds support for Democrats? Since when does critical thinking decrease with increased levels of education?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 01:32:04 PM »

How? His parents are the ones cutting him out of their lives. How in God's name was this article "mean?"

He slammed his own parents in a public matter which is horrible.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »

His parents turned their back on their own son over politics, who happens to be a veteran, and he's the bad guy? This isn't India. People here are allowed the right to call out their relatives on a real or even perceived wrong.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 01:41:16 PM »

His parents turned their back on their own son over politics, who happens to be a veteran, and he's the bad guy? This isn't India. People here are allowed the right to call out their relatives on a real or even perceived wrong.

Couldn’t it have been dealt with in a private matter though instead of whining about it on Fox .

I’m not saying he is the only bad guy in this situation(his parents may be the bad guys) but it’s something that should be kept in a private matter .

All it seems like here is Nicholson is trying to make it seem like he is a victim and exploit this situation  for political purposes.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 01:42:59 PM »

Youve got it flipped, its the son who turned his back on the parents, which is why this seems so wrong. And, again, hes making this rather public, and slamming them over nothing more than political differences. If senator Baldwin were to write an article about how her niece Sally is a jerk and uber-conservative, it would be perceived as a terrible act.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »

Buh sent in da marin b******!!

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 01:44:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This suggests something far more sinister...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »

More whining and crying about his parents "turning his back on him." Dude, please, running as a Republican under Trump is no small show of lack of ethics and morality.

The real funny part is conservatives backing him thinking how 'awful' it is that his parents turned his back on him, when the ideology he espouses is responsible for thousands of estranged and homeless gay people, who were kicked out of their homes (as minors) or even murdered by their own families.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 01:52:05 PM »

Sheesh, and people say Democrats are smug. I'm not sure why people think this joker will make WI-SEN winnable for Republicans. He'd maybe lose by 1-2% less than Vukmir, but he'd still lose big time.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »

Clever ploy. Many Republican campaigns are based on grievance politics, and part of that is painting liberals as disdainful of and out of touch with "true Americans", as well as lacking basic "family values". If you view this through a culture wars lens, this is really just a clever campaign ad.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 02:06:13 PM »

Republicans are such snowflakes.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »

Clever ploy. Many Republican campaigns are based on grievance politics, and part of that is painting liberals as disdainful of and out of touch with "true Americans", as well as lacking basic "family values". If you view this through a culture wars lens, this is really just a clever campaign ad.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »

No surprise here...joining a cult usually results in loss of ties to family members
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »

No surprise here...joining a cult usually results in loss of ties to family members

He became Republican far before Trump became President(he became Republican because he was Pro Iraq War).

Also, you would disown even your own kids for just supporting the opposite political party as you.

Im not saying Nicholson is right for attacking his parents publically like that(He is definitely wrong), but his parents are also wrong for disowning their own son over political differences.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »

He became Republican far before Trump became President(he became Republican because he was Pro Iraq War).

Also, you would disown even your own kids for just supporting the opposite political party as you.

When it results in thousands of deaths due to inadequate response to natural disasters (see Puerto Rico), I would gladly kick that person out of my life. My family and friends lost loved ones in the aftermath as the administration complained that our military, that could build a bridge overnight over a volcano if they were ordered to, was unable to access areas to provide assistance until days or WEEKS after the event.

And that's just one dimension to the depravity of this administration, which is under full Republican control.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »

Moron. Of course, Vukmir isn't any better...
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »

Disowning your family over their politics strikes me as rather petty, so long as they're not calling for race war or whathaveyou. I did think the parents giving the max to their son's opponent was pretty low. Realistically that's not going to make a difference in the race. If I felt so strongly about making a statement I'd probably have taken that money and given it to someone else in a close race on my side, but I'm a non confrontational wimp. Tongue

That said, I really do hope there's more to this story than just him being a Republican that led to his estrangement from his parents. I'd really like to believe that people, even political people with strongly held beliefs, would not refuse to have anything to do with their grandkids because of their son's political views. Hopefully someone interviews them.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »

Good for him. The article makes a valid point.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 03:28:20 PM »

Stop trying to make "#walkaway" happen people, please.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies