FL-Gov SurveyUSA: Levine and Graham tied for Dem primary, a quarter undecided
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:19:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Gov SurveyUSA: Levine and Graham tied for Dem primary, a quarter undecided
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Gov SurveyUSA: Levine and Graham tied for Dem primary, a quarter undecided  (Read 1071 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »

Levine: 22%
Graham: 22%
Greene: 16%
Gillum: 11%
King: 3%
Other: 2%
Undecided: 24%

Link
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »

Watch Atlas try to extrapolate from this poll.

"I just dug into the crosstabs and discovered the actual numbers are 22.3% Levine, 22.1% Graham. Moving this from toss up to likely Levine."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 05:23:26 PM »

Levine is gonna win the primary.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »

I dont think so. Maybe, I dunno. Its my first Florida election so...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »

I think that there is some question, about Graham, who served only 2 years in the House and losing thereafter.  She has a future in politics should she not win.  IL went through the same thng, where I am originally from, with Sheila Simon. Her father was a Senator, but she had very little political experience.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

LOL. Of course the main non-female candidate is surging toward the very end.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »

I think that there is some question, about Graham, who served only 2 years in the House and losing thereafter.  She has a future in politics should she not win.  IL went through the same thng, where I am originally from, with Sheila Simon. Her father was a Senator, but she had very little political experience.

Graham didn't lose re-election, Republicans dismantled her district in the mid-decade redistricting, so she had no choice other than to retire or face certain defeat in a R+25 district.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »

I like Levine he seems really high energy and all in all much more progressive than Graham. Graham gives off Alex Sink vibes, her voting record was not good at all and she's been waffling on issues like marijuana.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2018, 03:59:17 PM by Use Your Illusion »

This is bad news for Dems if they want to pick up Florida. Moderate gun owners are gonna pick up on Levine's ban on assault rifles pledge and they're gonna come out in waves against him come November. For the love of God let Graham win the primary and Putnam/DeSantis can fall on their own sword.

It's been 20 years.... for the love of God can we please attempt a different approach? We might like it...
TampaSunset
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »

Just saying, Gwen Graham is also campaigning on a ban on assault weapons. She even has a draft executive order for Day One that she will sign.

Also I would argue that running Graham is EXACTLY like running the same type of centrists who have lost Florida year after year. Her saving grace is that this is the Year of the Woman, and a hopeful anti-Trump blue wave current can carry her. But she is by no means an inspiring candidate who is going to turn out the base...
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »

Graham didn't lose re-election, Republicans dismantled her district in the mid-decade redistricting, so she had no choice other than to retire or face certain defeat in a R+25 district.
It wasn't Republicans. It was the courts.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »

lol yeah, running a moderate from north florida is what the FDP has tried to do for the past twenty years. doesn't mean graham is bound to lose, but if you want a break from alex sink and rod smith, gwen graham ain't your candidate
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »

FDP at work, people. Only reason it's Tilt D is because of DeSantis.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »

Levine seems like a bad candidate, but at least the #MEANGREENEMACHINE is well behind.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 08:24:46 PM »

Just saying, Gwen Graham is also campaigning on a ban on assault weapons. She even has a draft executive order for Day One that she will sign.

Also I would argue that running Graham is EXACTLY like running the same type of centrists who have lost Florida year after year. Her saving grace is that this is the Year of the Woman, and a hopeful anti-Trump blue wave current can carry her. But she is by no means an inspiring candidate who is going to turn out the base...
True, Graham isn't exactly a fan of assault rifles either, but I see her dropping it as a crusade once she realizes she's up against a GOP legislature.

Levine seems to be the "coastal elitist" type who won't make any inroads "North of Jupiter" (as my one friend from WilMa likes to say).

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »

True, Graham isn't exactly a fan of assault rifles either, but I see her dropping it as a crusade once she realizes she's up against a GOP legislature.

Levine seems to be the "coastal elitist" type who won't make any inroads "North of Jupiter" (as my one friend from WilMa likes to say).

Well, she could be up against a split legislature, due to the chance that the Ds have at taking the senate.

But, anyway, Graham dropping assault riffles during the campaign would be a terrible idea, as it would just spark outrage from her left-leaning base, which she needs to win.
But, for some reason, most posters think she would be the strongest because of her name, which is a terrible assumption to make. When the election season gets going, how many voters will care about her father? Probably not as much who will care about Gwen.

Ive always seen Gwen as a candidate that can either win the race for us, or be a paper tiger, someone who looks promising, but flops. Due to the nature of the primary, she is probably one of the best, but that speaks to how poor the primary is, not to how great she is.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »

Well, she could be up against a split legislature, due to the chance that the Ds have at taking the senate.

But, anyway, Graham dropping assault riffles during the campaign would be a terrible idea, as it would just spark outrage from her left-leaning base, which she needs to win.
But, for some reason, most posters think she would be the strongest because of her name, which is a terrible assumption to make. When the election season gets going, how many voters will care about her father? Probably not as much who will care about Gwen.

Ive always seen Gwen as a candidate that can either win the race for us, or be a paper tiger, someone who looks promising, but flops. Due to the nature of the primary, she is probably one of the best, but that speaks to how poor the primary is, not to how great she is.

Honestly, I don't think compromising on assault rifles will harm her that much, especially given issues like climate change, healthcare, wage stagnation, etc. are much more pertinent issues in Florida.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 11:00:13 PM »

Come on Graham!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies