Andrew Cuomo says "America was never that great" Do you agree? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Andrew Cuomo says "America was never that great" Do you agree? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Cuomo?
Absolutely Not. Democrats need to stop America bashing.

Do not agree. Not a smart thing to say.

No opinion.

He has a point.

He's right.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo says "America was never that great" Do you agree?  (Read 3216 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« on: August 15, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

My biggest problem with the far-left (and I guess the people that pander to them) of this country is their opposition to basic patriotism. It's astonishing how they don't realize this leads to their own electoral demise.

With that said, we finally have a President that opposes American exceptionalism too, so I guess there's not that big of a difference anymore.
Agree. I really do not like a lot of things about Trump. His vulgarity bothers me most of the time and also his lack of compassion for those who are not white also bothers me, but the democratic party is lost. I used to be a democrat. I miss the JFK type democrats who fought for progressive values but proudly supported and loved their country..where is that party?
Stop the strawman. At least 80% of Democrats love our country, I included. What we don't support is blind patriotism, acting like everything is great and nothing needs to change. Also, you have been pretty outspoken as a supporter of Trump, yet you miss "JFK Democrats". Give me a break, the dem platform has stayed pretty much the same since the days of Kennedy. Stop telling me I don't love my country because of the political party I ascribe to. That's dumb. Also, how is the republican party not lost?

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

My biggest problem with the far-left (and I guess the people that pander to them) of this country is their opposition to basic patriotism. It's astonishing how they don't realize this leads to their own electoral demise.

Aside of the simple fact Cuomo is hardly "far-left", let's not confuse patriotism with "my country is and always was the best" delusions.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »

America has been, and is, a GREAT nation.  I do agree that its struggles is to be a GOOD nation.

I believe it has been both, and remains so, especially by the standards of the world.  Cuomo's statement illustrates that difference between telling lies and giving false information.

And it's GOING to hurt him.  I saw the video clip; it is going to be one of those "gifts that keep on giving".  Cuomo damaged Democrats' chances with his comments.  I never thought that it would be ANDREW CUOMO that would be so tone deaf as to do this.

How did Cuomo damage Democrats chances? Like what the hell are you even talking about?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 08:50:47 AM »

America has been, and is, a GREAT nation.  I do agree that its struggles is to be a GOOD nation.

I believe it has been both, and remains so, especially by the standards of the world.  Cuomo's statement illustrates that difference between telling lies and giving false information.

And it's GOING to hurt him.  I saw the video clip; it is going to be one of those "gifts that keep on giving".  Cuomo damaged Democrats' chances with his comments.  I never thought that it would be ANDREW CUOMO that would be so tone deaf as to do this.

How did Cuomo damage Democrats chances? Like what the hell are you even talking about?

After the Democrats are hit with a flurry of soundbites of this comment, you'll know.

The Democratic Party of my day was less ideological, and sensitive to the more conservative views of moderate independents and independent Republicans.  Today's Democratic Party lives in this leftist bubble, acting as if no one but the current audience is actually listening.

Cuomo made a statement like this as a sop to the far left, whom he has to keep happy, but he didn't have to do THAT to keep them happy.  The Democratic Party has had to work to convince Americans that they really do have a sense of "My Country, right or wrong . . ." and all that comes after it.  And they get a foil like Trump who, at some levels, helps the rehabbing of that aspect of their image.  Then, a guy like Cuomo, flatly says "America was never that great , , ,"  People today don't get what was so bad about a Presidential candidate saying that he took a trip to Vietnam and got a "brainwashing" by the Generals, and it's too bad George Romney isn't still alive to give them a lesson in semantics.
This entire post is just rambling.

Anyways, Cuomo's quote was taken out of context. But if you think that this somehow means "doom" for Democrats then whatever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies