Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement  (Read 29196 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2004, 08:14:17 PM »

C'mon people lets not get angry this is a political forum we shouldn't be getting into arguments about sports lol.

I am not angry at all. See, smiley: Smiley

PD
pd

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2004, 08:18:34 PM »

Watch it now. Tennis is my sport. Golf is my second sport. I'm upper calss as well. Am I a brat?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
You think?
Was I talking to you? No. I don't believe in giving people what they want all the time. Maybe to get them started, but if they want to be successful, let them work for it.

Easy to say when you're upper class, and don't have to live by those rules yourself.
My parents worked hard to make the amount of money we have. I have been taught the same. I'm not saying that you should not help anybody get to  success, but don't do it for them. That's one problem w/ dems, they want to give the public everything. And they think that the people that work for their money and are successfull and make a lot of money should share it with everyone. I DON'T THINK SO! That's our money for our family. Sure, we donate a lot to charity, but that's for people that need it, not grubby little suckers that ruined their lives and want us to pay for it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2004, 08:18:37 PM »

Well, I know what your answer would be, so I was talking to him.
You should have specified who you were talking to if it meant so much to you.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2004, 08:19:04 PM »

I cannot condemn you, PD, because my family played tennis, golf, and vacationed in East Hampton. I come from the same background you do, but I just have managed to see that I was lucky enough not to get railroaded merely because of my birth. As for your idea of being head of the Education Department, I would prefer Justice, Labor, or Commerce as where my portfolio shall be. For all I've done, I would hope you wouldn't fob me off with some low-level cabinet position.
PD
pd

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2004, 08:21:47 PM »

I cannot condemn you, PD, because my family played tennis, golf, and vacationed in East Hampton. I come from the same background you do, but I just have managed to see that I was lucky enough not to get railroaded merely because of my birth. As for your idea of being head of the Education Department, I would prefer Justice, Labor, or Commerce as where my portfolio shall be. For all I've done, I would hope you wouldn't fob me off with some low-level cabinet position.
What do you mean "railroaded because of my birth"?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2004, 08:23:22 PM »

Watch it now. Tennis is my sport. Golf is my second sport. I'm upper calss as well. Am I a brat?
You think?
Was I talking to you? No. I don't believe in giving people what they want all the time. Maybe to get them started, but if they want to be successful, let them work for it.

Easy to say when you're upper class, and don't have to live by those rules yourself.
My parents worked hard to make the amount of money we have. I have been taught the same. I'm not saying that you should not help anybody get to  success, but don't do it for them. That's one problem w/ dems, they want to give the public everything. And they think that the people that work for their money and are successfull and make a lot of money should share it with everyone. I DON'T THINK SO! That's our money for our family. Sure, we donate a lot to charity, but that's for people that need it, not grubby little suckers that ruined their lives and want us to pay for it.

I don't think that we should give everything to the public. And I'm sure your parents worked hard, so did mine. But that doesn't matter, every individual is still responsible for him or herself.

My dad is much more conservative than I am, largely b/c he comes from a poor working class family. I would most likely be more conservative if I weren't so privilegied, but I know it's easy for me to be conservative, since I benefit from it personally. Therefore I am careful with condemning people less lucky than myself.  
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2004, 08:23:48 PM »

Well, he speaks a different form of English that I do based on his education, but I can try to translate....

He means he has been open and understanding of the lower classes despite being born in the upper class.

When I was growing up, I vacation on the roof of my Coney Island apartment.
PD
pd

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2004, 08:26:48 PM »

You think?

I don't think that we should give everything to the public. And I'm sure your parents worked hard, so did mine. But that doesn't matter, every individual is still responsible for him or herself.

My dad is much more conservative than I am, largely b/c he comes from a poor working class family. I would most likely be more conservative if I weren't so privilegied, but I know it's easy for me to be conservative, since I benefit from it personally. Therefore I am careful with condemning people less lucky than myself.  
I'm really conservative and I certainly don't come from a poor family. I agree that we're all respnsible for ourselves, and I am very priveleged, but I'm still VERY conservative. That's my mindset. I have also been, and am still being brought up in (remember I'm 15) a conservative Christian household.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2004, 08:27:31 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

You think?

You seem to assume that poor people only have themselves to blame for being poor, when in reality they are often not given the chance to work their way up. People who are born into a poor background have a hard time working their way up the ladder, and it is, to a degree, the government's responsibility to help them find the means and opportunities to do so, as well as the motivation. At least that's what I think.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2004, 08:28:40 PM »

You think?

I'm really conservative and I certainly don't come from a poor family. I agree that we're all respnsible for ourselves, and I am very priveleged, but I'm still VERY conservative. That's my mindset. I have also been, and am still being brought up in (remember I'm 15) a conservative Christian household.

And it has never crossed your mind that you haven't really done anything to deserve your life and that it might be hypocritical to hold views that benefit yourself?
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

I meant that we're both very lucky, PD. We came out on top, and one would think you could show some sympathy towards those born to different circumstances. I also remember when I was fifteen. What a wonderful time it was. My boyfriend's father was mayor, and...well, let's not get nostalgic. But anyway, Miamiu, I want to be Secretary of Labor. I will not impose on you for a more important role, but I do wish to be involved in the well-being of our citizens in the workforce.
PD
pd

« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2004, 08:32:17 PM »

You think?

And it has never crossed your mind that you haven't really done anything to deserve your life and that it might be hypocritical to hold views that benefit yourself?
That's not it. I told you, we donate a lot to charity, that's people who need it. The others, the ones that screwed up their life by getting pregnant at 15, and spending all their money on drugs, those types, can forget it. Besides, we should not be FORCED to give anyone anything.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2004, 08:34:35 PM »

Also, a lot of these people got pregnant and gave birth because of inflexible views on birth control and abortion. I won't let anyone forget that.
PD
pd

« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2004, 08:37:20 PM »

Also, a lot of these people got pregnant and gave birth because of inflexible views on birth control and abortion. I won't let anyone forget that.
Well, I think that if you do get pregnant, whether your 15 or not, you should have the child. I do not believe in abortion or birth control. Still, you should not be getting pregnant at 15.
PD
pd

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2004, 08:39:51 PM »

I meant that we're both very lucky, PD. We came out on top, and one would think you could show some sympathy towards those born to different circumstances. I also remember when I was fifteen. What a wonderful time it was. My boyfriend's father was mayor, and...well, let's not get nostalgic. But anyway, Miamiu, I want to be Secretary of Labor. I will not impose on you for a more important role, but I do wish to be involved in the well-being of our citizens in the workforce.
I do show some sympathy. As I said before, we give money to CHARITY. That would mean people that can't help it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2004, 08:39:51 PM »

Well, I think that if you do get pregnant, whether your 15 or not, you should have the child. I do not believe in abortion or birth control. Still, you should not be getting pregnant at 15.
But even if you are impregnated against your will, PD tinks you should be forced to bear the child.
PD
pd

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2004, 08:41:02 PM »

But even if you are impregnated against your will, PD tinks you should be forced to bear the child.
Absolutely.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2004, 08:43:33 PM »

do you think that the woman should be allowe dto put the child up for adoption?
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2004, 08:43:53 PM »

I would have to know what charities are the beneficiaries of your largesse. And with people like PD involved in politics, and attaining influence, it makes me glad that I don't have a uterus.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2004, 08:46:44 PM »

I would have to know what charities are the beneficiaries of your largesse. And with people like PD involved in politics, and attaining influence, it makes me glad that I don't have a uterus.
Ditto
PD
pd

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2004, 08:47:30 PM »

do you think that the woman should be allowe dto put the child up for adoption?
Sure. But if she can take care of it (in a good househould and clean environment) then she should. If not, that child deserves a better life and should be put up for adoption.
PD
pd

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2004, 08:48:44 PM »

Aren't you a female? You stated earlier that you had a boyfriend.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2004, 08:49:59 PM »

No, he said that he was  a man at the old board.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2004, 08:50:45 PM »

Okay I'll say this I lknow someone who once lived in a very bad area(gangs, crime, etc.). they saw their parents work hard and got out of there. Then they got lucky in the market and well they became not upper class but way better off then they were. They are conservitives and feel if you work hard you'll get where you need to go

Frankly I agree with PD there are people who need money and people who just threw away their lives. I've also know of too many people who cheat on government programs to get money because their hurt and can't work and they can(they even admit to it). Also, I'd say even if you're born into wealth somewhere down the line someone busted their hump to get the family there so they'd know that thier family was safe and secure I wouldn't like to risk taking that away from them.

Thats my opinion anyway, sorry if you disagree but thats your opinion, I have mine thats life.
PD
pd

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2004, 08:50:46 PM »

No, he said that he was  a man at the old board.
Oh! Oh, I didn't know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies