Federal House Races In Your State If Determined By Brawls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Federal House Races In Your State If Determined By Brawls
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would Win In A Brawl?
Trump
Manchin
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Federal House Races In Your State If Determined By Brawls  (Read 674 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2018, 01:42:14 AM »
« edited: August 16, 2018, 01:47:13 AM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

So this is pretty simple, if there was a tournament where all the main nominees for all the congressional districts in your state went to a ledge on the side of a waterfall and brawled Wakanda style for the privilege as the winner to represent their district in congress, how would the map look like? Oh, and only the Republican and Dem nominees can compete against eachother. If there is only one Dem or Republican in the race, when they get to the cliff, they automatically get the privilege as they are unopposed.

Here is what I think:

18-18 tie

Basic Rundown:

Tx 1st:

This would probably be over pretty quickly, Gohmert is pretty old though, so he could still mess up.

Tx 2nd:

I have to give the slight advantage to Litton, I just feel like having only one eye is a big disadvantage in a fight.

Tx 3rd:

The dude is in fairly good shape, and he would be the heavy favorite win, but Burch could mount a challenge as she is not weak either.

Tx 4th:

Ratcliffe is also in good shape and is so big the size advantage would make him a big favorite, but he is not spring chicken either, so there is still upset room.

Tx 5th:

Wood is older which gives Gooden a good chance, but Wood's giant size and stature as a hearty, ruddy, big Texan is too large to ignore a slight advantage for him.

Tx 6th:

I really don't see Sanchez pulling through, she is not a very big fighter, but Wright's old age still puts it in play.

Tx 7th:

Culberson is so rotund from drinking swamp water that I feel he could just sit on his opponent and that would be the match, Fletcher still has a good chance though, if she could be light on her feet, and simply circle around him and wear him down, she could be the victor.

Tx 8th:

Steven David is way younger and a pretty big dude in decent shape, Brady is an old dude who is not a fighter, but his size but still keep him in the game for a bit.

Tx 9th:

Al Green has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 10th:

Siegel does not look that big or strong, and McCaul is a pretty big dude who looks like he could fight a bit, but Siegel is still much younger, which will give him a legit chance too.

Tx 11th:

Mike Conaway is so old that he remembers the fossils that come out of his district for power obvious major advantage, and faces a tough cow girl that will probably prevail, but he still has the size advantage which will give him a chance.

Tx 12th:

Granger is ancient and not in nearly as good shape as Adia, and would probably lose fairly quickly, fair same size though, why it's not totally safe.

Tx 13th:

Sagan just has a bigger frame and is a tough as nails west texan and nam vet. He is also older by a lot though, so Thornberry could exploit that in a brawl.

Tx 14th:

Weber is so much bigger I fail to see how he could lose, but he is older, so if Bell knows which joints are weak, she could prevail.

Tx 15th:

Gonzalez is kind of rotund and smaller but he looks like he can pack a punch, but Westley just looks bigger and stronger, and I think it would be a good brawl, but Westley just outclasses him.

Tx 16th:

Seeberger is also a big dude who would just have size advantage, but he also looks like he is older and poor posture so if Escobar fought in the right weak spots, she could exploit those weak spots and win.

Tx 17th:

Bill Flores is old and out of shape, but he looks bigger so that would keep him in the game, but I see Kennedy pulling through.

Tx 18th:

Jackson Lee is just a much tougher opponent who would be willing to play a much tackier brawl to win, and neither one is giant or age difference is too bad, but Lee has that extra fierceness and she looks like she could hold her own in a fight or two.

Tx 19th:

I think this would be the closest fight, but I think Levario edges it out. I wish there was a tilt factor, but he justs looks more lean and stronger and slightly bigger, and young, so I think he edges out after a grand brawl.

Tx 20th:

Castro has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 21st:

Kopser is a decently young in shape, strong, military vet, I think he wins pretty easily, but Chip looks young and big too, so he stands a chance.

Tx 22nd:

I think this is the second closest brawl, but Sri edges it out. Pete is a big dude, but he is older and has really poor shoulder posture while Sri is neither of those things but looks smaller. Sri is also just higher energy, it would be close, but I'd put my thumb on the scale for Sri.

Tx 23rd:

Hurd wins fairly easily, Ortiz has a small chance because of her military background, but Hurd is just the heavy favorite.

Tx 24th:

McDowell is not a fighter and is low energy, Marchant is also fat and low energy and older which would keep this still a brawl and not a lock, but he is just so rotund, I think he could just pull a Culberson (see Tx 7th).

Tx 25th:

Roger Williams is older which would give Oliver an opening, but he just has everything else on his size, the energy, the size, he looks like a fighter, and could probably throw a heavy punch.

Tx 26:

Pretty much that Burgess is a big dude and looks like he has thrown a few punches back in the day, and Fagan looks more like a peacemaker, but he is also super ancient, so he is not a lock.

Tx 27th:

Holguin looks better chiseled and energized which keeps him the brawl, but he aint look like a fighter, more of a Rob Lowe type, but Cloud is also a very big dude, not great shape, but not that rotund, and looks like he can throw a punch, I think Holguin could outmaneuver and overwhelm and edge it out, but Cloud just has the advantage with his fighter look.

Tx 28th:

Cuellar has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 29th:

Aronoff looks like a big dude who has energy, but he looks quite wide, making many flanking maneuvers look viable for Sanchez, but he also has long arms for reach, Sanchez seems smart enough to exploit this weakness, but Aronoff just has the bigger and more advantages, Sanchez could be an upset though.

Tx 30th:

Johnson has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 31st:

I would say Hegar wins because of the age difference, energy high, and she is just as strong and maybe even more than than low energy Carter, but I think the Helicopter crash just gives Carter a massive opening that moves it from likely dem to lean republican, but because of those big favorites going for Hegar still, she could once again pull an upset.

Tx 32nd:

Only contested race that I rate as safe in a brawl scenario. Do I even have to explain this one lol?

Tx 33rd:

This could get close, but Veasey just looks broader and more muscular in the shoulders and so I feel like he has a massive shoving power, and is a pretty young person and good size. Billups is no wimp either though, and he could very well pull through and it would not even be an upset, but I feel like Veasey has the advantage.

Tx 34th:

Gonzalez is just younger and bigger and would pretty much outclass Vela, but Vela is a strong fighter too, and I would not  underestimate him by any measure, and an upset is possible.

Tx 35th:

Smalling looks like a hunchback with arthritis and I think Lloyd would be favored to chuck him, but Lloyd is fairly weak as well so that gives an opening for Smalling, but I think Lloyd would still be favored.

Tx 36th:

Babin just looks younger and more energized and obviously bigger, there would not be much of a fight, but I feel like he would not put his full effort in, and thus give some degree of competitiveness to the brawl.

pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 01:58:59 AM »

This might be my favorite question yet

That's not a tossup in CD8 by the way, Ray "Skip" Sandman would kick the other two guy's asses.

Karin Housely would win and so would Amy Klobuchaur. Keith Ellison would be Attorney General though Wink
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:29 AM »

That's not a tossup in CD8 by the way, Ray "Skip" Sandman would kick the other two guy's asses.

Karin Housely would win and so would Amy Klobuchaur. Keith Ellison would be Attorney General though Wink

Ayy lmao XD!!

What if it was just Stauber vs Radinovich?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »

I don't know since I'm represented by Conor Lamb but
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »

SC-1: Arrington, still recovering from the car accident, stands little chance.

SC-2: I'm giving a slight tilt to Carrigan due to Wilson's age.

SC-3: Giving this one to Duncan, but only barely.

SC-4: Timmons is young and seems more in shape.

SC-5: Since Norman doesn't have his gun wife beater Parnell beats him easily.

SC-6: A close one, but Clyburn seems to be better than Gressman. Age isn't too much of a factor since they're around the same age from what I can tell.

SC-7: Tom Rice is a pushover.

http://www.270towin.com/2018-house-election/XpAydmp

i didnt change any other districts, only SC so don't worry about the others.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »

When I watched that scene from Black Panther in the theater (three times), I leaned towards the person next to me (each time) and said that a brawl at the top of a waterfall is how all our elections should be run. Primaries would be fun. Tongue

MD-GOV: Jealous probably defeats Hogan, as Jealous is younger and slightly more in shape. D pickup.

MD-SEN: Campbell defeats Cardin fairly easily. R pickup.

MD-01: Jesse Colvin is a young Army vet, he'd beat the you know what out of Old Man Harris. D pickup.

MD-02 (my district): Ruppersburger is much heavier than Liz Matory, which could be an advantage, or work against him. Given his age, I'm going to say he loses to Matory. R pickup.

MD-03: I can't find anything on Charles Anthony, and Sarbanes seems young and fit enough, so he wins. D hold.

MD-04: Anthony Brown easily beats George McDermott. D hold.

MD-05: Steny Hoyer is an old man and probably loses to young nobody William Devine III. R pickup.

MD-06: David Trone could probably beat Amie Hoeber without help, but to ensure his victory, Trone uses his fortune to hire a small private army. Hoeber is easily defeated. D hold.

MD-07: Elijah Cummings is having health issues right now, but all Cummings has to do is attach tape to Richmond Davis's gargantuan eyebrows, rip it off, and then poke him in the eyes to get Davis to forfeit. D hold.

MD-08: Raskin beats John Walsh. D hold.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »

Ayy lmao XD!!

Radinovich for sure
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 03:14:52 PM »

Ayy lmao XD!!

Radinovich for sure

Yeah probably, but Stauber would give him a fight.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

So this is pretty simple, if there was a tournament where all the main nominees for all the congressional districts in your state went to a ledge on the side of a waterfall and brawled Wakanda style for the privilege as the winner to represent their district in congress, how would the map look like? Oh, and only the Republican and Dem nominees can compete against eachother. If there is only one Dem or Republican in the race, when they get to the cliff, they automatically get the privilege as they are unopposed.

Here is what I think:

18-18 tie

Basic Rundown:

Tx 1st:

This would probably be over pretty quickly, Gohmert is pretty old though, so he could still mess up.

Tx 2nd:

I have to give the slight advantage to Litton, I just feel like having only one eye is a big disadvantage in a fight.

Tx 3rd:

The dude is in fairly good shape, and he would be the heavy favorite win, but Burch could mount a challenge as she is not weak either.

Tx 4th:

Ratcliffe is also in good shape and is so big the size advantage would make him a big favorite, but he is not spring chicken either, so there is still upset room.

Tx 5th:

Wood is older which gives Gooden a good chance, but Wood's giant size and stature as a hearty, ruddy, big Texan is too large to ignore a slight advantage for him.

Tx 6th:

I really don't see Sanchez pulling through, she is not a very big fighter, but Wright's old age still puts it in play.

Tx 7th:

Culberson is so rotund from drinking swamp water that I feel he could just sit on his opponent and that would be the match, Fletcher still has a good chance though, if she could be light on her feet, and simply circle around him and wear him down, she could be the victor.

Tx 8th:

Steven David is way younger and a pretty big dude in decent shape, Brady is an old dude who is not a fighter, but his size but still keep him in the game for a bit.

Tx 9th:

Al Green has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 10th:

Siegel does not look that big or strong, and McCaul is a pretty big dude who looks like he could fight a bit, but Siegel is still much younger, which will give him a legit chance too.

Tx 11th:

Mike Conaway is so old that he remembers the fossils that come out of his district for power obvious major advantage, and faces a tough cow girl that will probably prevail, but he still has the size advantage which will give him a chance.

Tx 12th:

Granger is ancient and not in nearly as good shape as Adia, and would probably lose fairly quickly, fair same size though, why it's not totally safe.

Tx 13th:

Sagan just has a bigger frame and is a tough as nails west texan and nam vet. He is also older by a lot though, so Thornberry could exploit that in a brawl.

Tx 14th:

Weber is so much bigger I fail to see how he could lose, but he is older, so if Bell knows which joints are weak, she could prevail.

Tx 15th:

Gonzalez is kind of rotund and smaller but he looks like he can pack a punch, but Westley just looks bigger and stronger, and I think it would be a good brawl, but Westley just outclasses him.

Tx 16th:

Seeberger is also a big dude who would just have size advantage, but he also looks like he is older and poor posture so if Escobar fought in the right weak spots, she could exploit those weak spots and win.

Tx 17th:

Bill Flores is old and out of shape, but he looks bigger so that would keep him in the game, but I see Kennedy pulling through.

Tx 18th:

Jackson Lee is just a much tougher opponent who would be willing to play a much tackier brawl to win, and neither one is giant or age difference is too bad, but Lee has that extra fierceness and she looks like she could hold her own in a fight or two.

Tx 19th:

I think this would be the closest fight, but I think Levario edges it out. I wish there was a tilt factor, but he justs looks more lean and stronger and slightly bigger, and young, so I think he edges out after a grand brawl.

Tx 20th:

Castro has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 21st:

Kopser is a decently young in shape, strong, military vet, I think he wins pretty easily, but Chip looks young and big too, so he stands a chance.

Tx 22nd:

I think this is the second closest brawl, but Sri edges it out. Pete is a big dude, but he is older and has really poor shoulder posture while Sri is neither of those things but looks smaller. Sri is also just higher energy, it would be close, but I'd put my thumb on the scale for Sri.

Tx 23rd:

Hurd wins fairly easily, Ortiz has a small chance because of her military background, but Hurd is just the heavy favorite.

Tx 24th:

McDowell is not a fighter and is low energy, Marchant is also fat and low energy and older which would keep this still a brawl and not a lock, but he is just so rotund, I think he could just pull a Culberson (see Tx 7th).

Tx 25th:

Roger Williams is older which would give Oliver an opening, but he just has everything else on his size, the energy, the size, he looks like a fighter, and could probably throw a heavy punch.

Tx 26:

Pretty much that Burgess is a big dude and looks like he has thrown a few punches back in the day, and Fagan looks more like a peacemaker, but he is also super ancient, so he is not a lock.

Tx 27th:

Holguin looks better chiseled and energized which keeps him the brawl, but he aint look like a fighter, more of a Rob Lowe type, but Cloud is also a very big dude, not great shape, but not that rotund, and looks like he can throw a punch, I think Holguin could outmaneuver and overwhelm and edge it out, but Cloud just has the advantage with his fighter look.

Tx 28th:

Cuellar has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 29th:

Aronoff looks like a big dude who has energy, but he looks quite wide, making many flanking maneuvers look viable for Sanchez, but he also has long arms for reach, Sanchez seems smart enough to exploit this weakness, but Aronoff just has the bigger and more advantages, Sanchez could be an upset though.

Tx 30th:

Johnson has no Republican opponents and thus wins.

Tx 31st:

I would say Hegar wins because of the age difference, energy high, and she is just as strong and maybe even more than than low energy Carter, but I think the Helicopter crash just gives Carter a massive opening that moves it from likely dem to lean republican, but because of those big favorites going for Hegar still, she could once again pull an upset.

Tx 32nd:

Only contested race that I rate as safe in a brawl scenario. Do I even have to explain this one lol?

Tx 33rd:

This could get close, but Veasey just looks broader and more muscular in the shoulders and so I feel like he has a massive shoving power, and is a pretty young person and good size. Billups is no wimp either though, and he could very well pull through and it would not even be an upset, but I feel like Veasey has the advantage.

Tx 34th:

Gonzalez is just younger and bigger and would pretty much outclass Vela, but Vela is a strong fighter too, and I would not  underestimate him by any measure, and an upset is possible.

Tx 35th:

Smalling looks like a hunchback with arthritis and I think Lloyd would be favored to chuck him, but Lloyd is fairly weak as well so that gives an opening for Smalling, but I think Lloyd would still be favored.

Tx 36th:

Babin just looks younger and more energized and obviously bigger, there would not be much of a fight, but I feel like he would not put his full effort in, and thus give some degree of competitiveness to the brawl.

you mean, Litton would win TX-2? Dan Crenshaw is a retired Navy SEAL, goddamnit. Litton gets his ass tossed out of the ring.

But Crenshaw only has one eye.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »

SC-1: Arrington, still recovering from the car accident, stands little chance.

SC-2: I'm giving a slight tilt to Carrigan due to Wilson's age.

SC-3: Giving this one to Duncan, but only barely.

SC-4: Timmons is young and seems more in shape.

SC-5: Since Norman doesn't have his gun wife beater Parnell beats him easily.

SC-6: A close one, but Clyburn seems to be better than Gressman. Age isn't too much of a factor since they're around the same age from what I can tell.

SC-7: Tom Rice is a pushover.

http://www.270towin.com/2018-house-election/XpAydmp

i didnt change any other districts, only SC so don't worry about the others.

Galaxie

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »

John Carter's a stiff. MJ will clobber him
Galaxie

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »

For Hawaii:

HI-1: Cavasso is the gangly professor-type. Unless dude is packing a couple of sociology textbooks, Case-the-Ace is taking him down.

HI-2: Tulsi's a vet, and is probably armed with some sort of Syrian nerve-agent. Low-energy Evans won't stand a chance unless he can get some of his celebrity friends to back him up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies