Make a confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:14:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Make a confession  (Read 16302 times)
adamevans
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2019, 07:30:10 AM »

when I was young I used to think the Great Depression was a massive tropical depression.

I used to think it was a train crash
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2019, 07:59:47 PM »

when I was young I used to think the Great Depression was a massive tropical depression.

I used to think it as something people did to save money and to sell their stuff not because they can't afford anything.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »

Life is great right now. Couldn't be better, honestly. Every other waking hour of my life is spent tearing myself apart at my identity. I've been academically performing terribly for the past four years. I might be a man. Body image issues I have make me feel awful about myself. Actually performing my responsibilities seems physically impossible. My dysfunctional family does nothing but b!tch and scream. I have lost any hope or will to live. I genuinely consider myself to be a disgusting waste of oxygen that people call a "human." Any chance of me having a future is shattered. There's no way to scream, because people will just brush it off and dismiss me as an edgelord, which I am one. I want to feel loved, by my peers, and especially by myself, but it's impossible to feel like someone cares about me. Like if I weren't here, nothing would change. If anything, it would be better.

Boy, isn't life swell?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

Life is great right now. Couldn't be better, honestly. Every other waking hour of my life is spent tearing myself apart at my identity. I've been academically performing terribly for the past four years. I might be a man. Body image issues I have make me feel awful about myself. Actually performing my responsibilities seems physically impossible. My dysfunctional family does nothing but b!tch and scream. I have lost any hope or will to live. I genuinely consider myself to be a disgusting waste of oxygen that people call a "human." Any chance of me having a future is shattered. There's no way to scream, because people will just brush it off and dismiss me as an edgelord, which I am one. I want to feel loved, by my peers, and especially by myself, but it's impossible to feel like someone cares about me. Like if I weren't here, nothing would change. If anything, it would be better.

Boy, isn't life swell?

Please know that God's grace is good, and there are good people all around this world who have God's light, who may not even know you, but care and accept you for who you are. I for one value you here and on discord in the few times we talked about politics, especially regarding Iowa. You are smart and kind, and one of the few moderates who also appreciates Joe Manchin. Even if we may not be expressing it every day, we care about you, and we appreciate you here. I for one would find the forum duller and even more hackish if you were not here. No matter what you may say or think, everyone is God's child, and loved by God (yes even the worst people imaginable), and deserve to exist in a form, and you are absolutely nowhere near the worst person imaginable, so it only goes up from there. And no matter an outward appearance, I would be willing to bet that your family loves and cares for you, and indeed appreciates you around, even if they may say or show otherwise, very often people play "tough", but they are really softies. Please stick around. I am also willing to bet that I speak for quiet a few other Atlasians when saying this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »

IndyTexas - usually someone I consider an overly combative poster of the “YOUR party” vein - got me to stop capitalizing “lol” when typing on Atlas due to a pretty solid burn he threw my way on AAD.

Lol
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2019, 11:28:36 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2019, 12:03:38 PM by NYGurl »

I have an acquaintance who is a Trump Republican, who also was for Beto in the senate race in the GE.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2019, 12:48:38 AM »

I have spent probably hundreds of hours drawing election/geographic maps for a fictional country I created on MS Paint. It's got well over 200 counties, 56 states, and hundreds of elected officials. I've even named cities and roads, and made maps for various elections on the state and federal levels. Most of the time I do this while I listen to audiobooks, so it's not really a waste of my time, but it's still weird as hell.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »

I have a crush on someone else despite already being taken.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »

I don't think I'll ever be happy. I've already ranted about why specifically it seems so unlikely elsewhere, but the fact that I'm probably going to be miserable for the rest of my life because I constantly focus on the minor problems in my life instead of accepting that my life is great like a normal person would is an incredibly tough pill to swallow.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2019, 11:49:36 AM »

I used to be an anti-vaxxer until I was like 15 because I was afraid of needles. My parents were right though, and I am glad they persisted through my temper-tantrums.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »

I thought the stock market literally crashed. As in, the building collapsed or something.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2019, 05:55:57 AM »

I can only name off like 10 people in this forum off the top of my head
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »

I feel like I've been going through an imposter syndrome experience at work. Ever since I first interviewed, felt like I bombed, and then got hired. I just can't shake the feeling that somebody's going to look at something I do some day and immediately realize they gave the job to the wrong person and that I've just been pretending to know what I've been doing for a year and a half, even after having been promoted.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2019, 05:25:44 AM »

I beat the missions in Halo 3 in the wrong order when I was 11. The order was "2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 9, 7, 8"
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2019, 09:04:40 AM »

I beat the missions in Halo 3 in the wrong order when I was 11. The order was "2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 9, 7, 8"

You monster!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2019, 11:09:11 AM »

I've already said this before, but as much as I keep telling myself I want to be better, I don't know if that's actually true. Yes, I'm miserable the way I am now, but my research seems to show that the only way I'm not going to be miserable is by either lying to myself or becoming a total asshole, and I don't want either of those to happen. The third option is trying to do things that are far out of my reach, which sounds nice but is completely impractical, even if I had the willpower to do them. My life is amazing, and I shouldn't have to pretend I have redeeming qualities that I don't know exist to be able to feel it. If I have any redeeming qualities, I want to come to them genuinely, and not only do I not know if that's possible, I also fear that it isn't. I should probably shut up before I milk this thread for attention even more than I already have.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »

I have never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2019, 01:01:25 AM »

No.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »

When I was 10 I thought Vermont was Vomit
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2019, 07:56:18 PM »

'Thor: Ragnarok' really isn't that good.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »

Never even seen it
kyc0705

« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2019, 08:15:13 PM »

I have never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones.

I watched the first episode, but wasn't really compelled to keep going and thought that there was too much to catch up with (and this happened only about halfway through the show's run), so I ended up feeling that I had just missed the boat on it and let it go.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »

I literally did not notice that TCG was MIA because I confused him with YC.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2019, 11:09:15 PM »

I sometimes get Bagel23 and bagelman confused. :/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »

I literally did not notice that TCG was MIA because I confused him with YC.

Grumpy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies