Make a confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:27:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Make a confession  (Read 16291 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »

This. Worse yet, with the exception of a few Crime Victims I had to have recount some harrowing details of their assault as a prosecutor, when it was a defendant or one of their lying Witnesses, I almost enjoyed it.

I actually made a lawyer cry in judge's Chambers once. I felt kind of bad about that, even if the rest of my office thought it was funny. She was, I think actually still is, a member of the State Board of Education, so you would think she'd have it tougher skin.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2019, 01:49:00 PM »

Most of the posters who remember my Ron Paul fanboyism are gone now, so I must confess

I volunteered for the Romney campaign in 2012, before I was even old enough to vote. Forgive me Father Marx, for I have sinned.

I'm sorry to hear your life is so bad that you decided to return.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »

Most of the posters who remember my Ron Paul fanboyism are gone now, so I must confess

I volunteered for the Romney campaign in 2012, before I was even old enough to vote. Forgive me Father Marx, for I have sinned.

I'm sorry to hear your life is so bad that you decided to return.

I’m mostly just really bored
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2019, 04:15:25 PM »

Yesterday I went to convenience store to buy some snacks for the evening and stopped by at the bakery stand to buy some things because I was hungry, and spotted some weenies wrapped in puff pastry and it was called "Hod-Dog", not "hot dog", just "Hod-Dog". This had made my whole evening Cheesy
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2019, 05:00:26 PM »

Sometimes when I'm at one of those self-checkout machines at the supermarket, instead of selecting the pastry I've actually got, I'll select a slightly cheaper bread roll - ripping the storeof for literal cents each time.

Pretty rebellious, huh?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »

Sometimes when I'm at one of those self-checkout machines at the supermarket, instead of selecting the pastry I've actually got, I'll select a slightly cheaper bread roll - ripping the storeof for literal cents each time.

Pretty rebellious, huh?

The absolute madman!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »

Yesterday I went to convenience store to buy some snacks for the evening and stopped by at the bakery stand to buy some things because I was hungry, and spotted some weenies wrapped in puff pastry and it was called "Hod-Dog", not "hot dog", just "Hod-Dog". This had made my whole evening Cheesy
Those are usually called "pigs in a blanket" or "weenie winks"...

My family called crescent dogs weenie winks and the ones with bread "toasty dogs".  The trick is lots of butter on the bread so it gets toasted like a grilled cheese.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »

Not really a confession, but this Ralph Northam thing really sucks for me and my family given the time and resources we invested into his election, and the amount of respect I had for him prior. Also makes our state looks really bad. Sad
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2019, 04:27:30 PM »

My family called crescent dogs weenie winks and the ones with bread "toasty dogs".  The trick is lots of butter on the bread so it gets toasted like a grilled cheese.

Wink
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »

I am a girl.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2019, 04:32:59 PM »

Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »

I think life isn't worth living. It gets worse and worse as time goes on and there's no way out. Life is like a transatlantic flight before there was in-flight entertainment: once the plane leaves the gate, you're committed to seven hours of sheer painful boredom with nothing to do but stare at the seat in front of you.

Before you ask, I'm not suicidal. Unless you're seriously mentally ill to the point where you've overcome your natural survival instinct, you won't be able to kill yourself. Which makes life even worse, knowing you have no way out. Been holding that in for a couple weeks.
Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »

My mental health is basically nonexistent...I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, etc.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »

Wink
Ha
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2019, 07:42:13 PM »

Last night I made brownies. They tasted fine, but seemed a little off.  Turns out I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. For future reference, it actually doesn't ruin brownies, but it does give them an olivey aftertaste.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2019, 08:22:51 PM »

We call them pigs in a blanket. I've never heard of weenie winks lol
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2019, 01:46:04 AM »

I'm curious if there'd be any interest in me discussing my time with the Alt Right, the evolution of my views, and how I believe it's all interrelated with my childhood.

I don't want to seem like some narcissist going off on an unwanted rant about myself on Atlas, so I'm just wanting to see if that interests others or not.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2019, 04:41:17 AM »

I think Combat Evolved is the worst Halo game
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »

I'm curious if there'd be any interest in me discussing my time with the Alt Right, the evolution of my views, and how I believe it's all interrelated with my childhood.

I don't want to seem like some narcissist going off on an unwanted rant about myself on Atlas, so I'm just wanting to see if that interests others or not.

This sounds so much like the "insisting you're not gay on every possible occasion" phase that much of Atlas is familiar with...
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »

This sounds so much like the "insisting you're not gay on every possible occasion" phase that much of Atlas is familiar with...

I don't get the context
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »

I used to want the Supreme Court to be political, as opposed to objective. Now objectivity is all I talk about because I realize the mistake I used to make.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2019, 10:05:22 PM »

Very much so, actually.

I'd love to do a compare/contrast with a certain other "reformed" alt right white nationalist on Atlas.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2019, 03:10:43 AM »

And to think, this whole time I thought you were joking.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2019, 04:25:15 AM »

I have an angle on this too - please do!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »

I have an angle on this too - please do!

This Demands a thread. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies